• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:08
CEST 04:08
KST 11:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8799 users

Twitter Q&A - ACE's firebathero

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
white_horse
Profile Joined July 2010
1019 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 20:15:35
July 11 2011 20:10 GMT
#1
http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/read.php?id=45954
Thanks again to Daily e-Sports and Reporter Nam Yun-sung.

Firebathero - "Ceremonies are my strength"


[image loading]


Question by @hjhee17
What is Coach Park Dae-kyung to you?

Someone who gave me another chance to rise again.


Question by @meeening_s
Who is the senior in the army that is the nicest to you? I’m also curious about Coach Park and Coach Song. Please compare their appearances, personalities, coaching styles, etc.

The nicest (?) person would be M18M. If Coach Park is sociable, Coach Song is charismatic. Of course, that doesn’t mean Coach Park is not charismatic. I’m only judging appearance alone. Their coaching styles are private matters so I can’t go into too much detail but both equally do a great deal for the player and the team.


Question by @EllenoreSpring
How have your ceremonies affected your life as a progamer? Do you have ceremonies that remain in your memory and ceremonies that you wish you didn’t do? Please also let me know where you get your ideas for them.

[image loading]


I think ceremonies have made me who I am today. There are several ceremonies that remain with me. The first one is my swimsuit ceremony at Gwang-anri. I also remember the one where I played Canata in a 17 factory with all add-on tank rush and danced. There has never been a time when I regretted doing a ceremony. I either think of ceremonies on the spot or think about how I would do a ceremony in the future after getting basic ideas from the internet.


Question by @qkrdpal0428
I remember that you often did ceremonies while you were in Samsung KHAN. But you haven’t done a lot of ceremonies after going into ACE. Is there a reason why? It’s almost scary when you make a salute with those intense eyes. I really liked when you shook hands with a fan for a ceremony; will you do a handshake ceremony again next time?

I don’t think it’s the right time to do ceremonies at the moment. I occasionally do ceremonies after I get really happy from a game that I won. It certainly is a good thing to shake hands. I do handshakes not only after games but also at fan meetings so please come!


Question by @happy_jieun
It’s impossible to think about ceremonies without thinking of FBH. What is the ceremony that you like the most? Also, have you ever been scared of getting backlash from your ceremonies?

Back when Boxer was still in ACE, I was afraid of a backlash when I did a jumping ceremony after I won an ace game. I winced a little bit. I answered your other question in the previous question but I also remember the ceremony where I danced around progamer X (T/N: Yes he means Savior) after beating him.


Question by @Eunhwaaa
I’ve been missing your unique ceremonies ever since you entered ACE and began to show an intense military image. When will we be able to see “Heuk-neuh-nim”’s ceremonies again (T/N: This nickname is a play on the Korean words for “black” and “God” which I think is a reference to his dark colored skin)? Hyun has been coming up after you with his ceremonies; if you were to judge Hyun’s ceremonies, what would you say?

I think that he has established a name for himself. I think that his ceremonies are much higher in quality as well. I enjoy watching his ceremonies. I will be an Airman 1st class starting in July so I will be doing ceremonies a little more often starting next season.


Question by @agogo__2
Your skin color is unusually dark. Is there a reason why? I want to know if it was like that since birth or if turned dark during puberty.

It was dark since birth. I had a complex about it when I was in elementary and middle school. I got a lot of stress because people made fun of me. Whether it was by coincidence or not, I met one of the guys who made fun of me when I entered the military. He had transferred in during February. It was really awkward but that was momentary and we became friendly with each other. Ah that was a long side story.


Question by @kalie_j
What is your feeling about being picked for the All-star games with an overwhelming vote? I’m also interested in your comrades’ responses. Also, there are assessments that your TvP is weak and I’m wondering how you plan to fix that.

[image loading]


I still feel deeply moved when I think about the All-star games. I’m not sure if I was able to show some fun games. A lot of players at the time regretted not doing an interview (T/N: not sure what that means..). I’m not that good yet at TvP but I feel that I need to completely overhaul my concept of it.


Question by @mj_0117
It seems like people could have made fun of your name sounding like a girl’s name (T/N: His Korean name is Lee Sung-eun). I’m wondering if you have any stories to tell about it.

My name got buried underneath my skin color so I don’t remember being made fun of about my name.


Question by @zoxn9
What does Samsung KHAN mean to you? When you were in KHAN and practiced with Stork, who won more often? Please answer honestly.

I see KHAN as the team that gave birth to me. You could call it a mother, if you had to be metaphorical. It feels like a house that took care of me since I was young. And in my memory, Stork was much more superior than me.


Question by @Daumpotplayer
If Stork or Jangbi, the players that the previous ACE coach wanted, entered ACE, how would you treat them? Living up to your nickname “Black-macro-knight”, is there a know-how on how you are so good at measuring distances in TvT?

If they entered, Stork and Jangbi would even more than just sons to me. I would let them sit down and watch TV since they are new but I wonder if my superiors would let me do that. Hahaha. That’s a joke. I would just follow the military rules. Calculating siege tanks’ artillery range is something that I will keep as my secret know-how.


Question by @DJ_LORD
Who is the superior that tormented you the most? What is your opinion on Savior playing games on Afreeca?

I couldn't say that a superior bothered me enough to say that he tormented me. And I don’t think I am in a position to say anything about progamer X playing games on Afreeca. It seems like what I say will become an issue regardless of how I answer.


Question by @lercaa
What do you feel when someone calls you “oppa”? (T/N: “Oppa” is an honorific used by younger females towards friendly, but slightly older, males.)

I welcome it. It makes me flutter. I am waiting for someone to excite me like that. Older girls are welcome too. Was my answer too intense? The military has made me like this. I’m joking.
Translator
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
July 11 2011 20:12 GMT
#2
TYVM

Duh de duh!

Dark skin.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
July 11 2011 20:20 GMT
#3
"I'm joking." haha this guy is great
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
July 11 2011 20:20 GMT
#4
I love these Twitter Q&A's. I hope FBH goes back to KHAN so he can start performing uninhibited ceremonies for us once again. Thanks white_horse.
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
July 11 2011 20:21 GMT
#5
artfully dodging the savior question there.
thanks for the translation white_horse, these are awesome XD. All the questions seemed focussed on his ceremonies, wish they'd done this one when us foreigners knew about it :O
Writer
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
July 11 2011 20:21 GMT
#6
Very nice! So cool of him to do this. And I will be anticipating more ceremonies from him!

Thanks for translating!
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
matjlav
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Germany2435 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 20:30:09
July 11 2011 20:25 GMT
#7
FBH is so handsome~~~

I think he looks much better with short hair and no glasses. fun interview, too. thanks for translating. I don't mind too much that FBH is cutting down on the obnoxious ceremonies. They were fun, but I also like the more mature but still likable image he projects now.
Caos2
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1728 Posts
July 11 2011 20:29 GMT
#8
Thanks for the translation, even though I missed his peak he still plays lots of interesting games.
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
July 11 2011 20:33 GMT
#9
I never pondered that his name sounded feminine, can see why people would find that, is it a unisex name same was as kim or rené ?

Thanks for it! Very appreciated
In the woods, there lurks..
Ryusei-R1
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States2106 Posts
July 11 2011 20:43 GMT
#10
Fuck yeah Firebathero.
Jaedong plz
Rinrun
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada3509 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 20:44:57
July 11 2011 20:44 GMT
#11
Thanks for the translation.

Need beach ceremony back.
MBC/Liquid/TSM always.
soujiro_
Profile Joined June 2010
Uruguay5195 Posts
July 11 2011 20:45 GMT
#12
thanks for this translation
its been a while since i saw this write-up on des
and i was waiting for someone to translate it =)

ace hwaiting!!
josemb40
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Peru611 Posts
July 11 2011 20:47 GMT
#13
gj avoiding the savior on afreeca question, i think he's right on that one. Thnx for the interview!
wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
jax1492
Profile Joined November 2009
United States1632 Posts
July 11 2011 20:52 GMT
#14
FBH is a boss
StreetHeat
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States225 Posts
July 11 2011 20:53 GMT
#15
Not just dodging the Savior question but avoiding saying his name all together. Interesting.
“If you want to learn to swim jump into the water. On dry land no frame of mind is ever going to help you” -Bruce Lee
Hirmu
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Finland850 Posts
July 11 2011 21:01 GMT
#16
FBH <3<3 thanks for translating!!!
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
July 11 2011 21:02 GMT
#17
On July 12 2011 06:01 Hirmu wrote:
FBH <3<3 thanks for translating!!!

A CJ fan loving FBH. What have the world come to?
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
mmdmmd
Profile Joined June 2007
722 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 21:07:53
July 11 2011 21:07 GMT
#18
ARRRGGGG come on! How can they not ask his feeling about Much's Pylon heart revenge? Also I would like to know how other progamer feels about his ceremony.

FBH fighting!

edit: Thanks for the translation ^.^
ninini
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden1204 Posts
July 11 2011 21:29 GMT
#19
FBH probably have relatives from India (or that region), hence his "dark" skin.
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
July 11 2011 21:36 GMT
#20
On July 12 2011 06:07 mmdmmd wrote:
ARRRGGGG come on! How can they not ask his feeling about Much's Pylon heart revenge? Also I would like to know how other progamer feels about his ceremony.

FBH fighting!

edit: Thanks for the translation ^.^

yeah a question about him and Much being on the same team would be awesome.
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 202
NeuroSwarm 148
FoxeR 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1030
Leta 616
Bale 83
League of Legends
Doublelift4156
Other Games
summit1g8616
JimRising 536
ViBE198
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick672
BasetradeTV201
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• Light_VIP 12
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1086
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 52m
Patches Events
12h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 52m
OSC
20h 52m
OSC
1d 9h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.