• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:43
CEST 00:43
KST 07:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)52Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9276 users

[Int] GSL July Code A Ro16 D2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Phosgene
Profile Joined February 2011
United States187 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-01 18:10:19
July 01 2011 18:09 GMT
#1
GSL Code A Ro16 Day 2
[image loading]
Banner©HawaiianPig

Translated From PlayXP
Winner between
(P)Tails vs. (P)Banbanssu
+ Show Spoiler +

(P)Banbanssu
‘No interview available (Couldn’t find it on PlayXP).’
[image loading]


Winner between
(Z)Sheth vs. (P)Puzzle
+ Show Spoiler +

(P)Puzzle
‘I will get revenge on Banbanssu.’
[image loading]
- You secured a spot in the up and down. How do you feel?
I didn’t get to practice that much. So I tried to cram as much I could last night, I am glad it worked out.

- You are extremely aggressive.
I had planned to play it ordinarily, but then I remembered blink stalkers, and just went for it.

- When were you sure of your victory?
This strategy is something that can be usually stopped. And I even thought that it would be stopped. But whether or not by chance or by mistake, I found overlords before I went in, which I promptly killed before going in which made it easier on me.

- Were you confident when you first looked at the brackets?
I thought that as long as I broke through the round of 32, it was very possible.

- In the round of 8, you will be facing the 4-gate veteran Banbanssu.
I met him during the open season 3 preliminary finals. Back then I lost to him once by 4 gate and another by proxy gates. Had I won that day, I believe things would look a lot different today.

- Do you have an answer for his 4 gates?
There are many builds that can stop it now, so I don’t necessarily have to do a 4 gate myself to stop it.

- Do you have a solution to PvP?
I don’t do anything special. Everyone does all the same stuff.

- The up and down has changed its format to a 5 person group, are you confident?
Getting to code S has become that much harder. But I believe with enough practice I can get there.

- Everyone so far has said they would like to avoid Marineking in their groups. How about you?
I don’t care. I am not that worried about him.

- Will you be coming out in the GSTL as well?
Even if I don’t come out, my teammates will play well no matter what.

- Any last comments?
I want to thank Coca and Line for helping me practice.

+ Show Spoiler +

▼ 승격강등전을 확보했다. 기분이 어떤가?
- 연습도 많이 못했다. 어제 벼락치기로 했는데 올라가서 다행이다.

▼ 매우 공격적이었다?
- 무난하게 하려 했는데 점멸 추적자가 생각나서 그냥 썼다.

▼ 언제 승리를 확신했나?
- 이게 원래 막히는 거다. 나도 막힐 줄 알았다. 실수였는지 모르겠지만 대군주가 나와있었다. 그걸 잡아내면서 쉽게 이길 수 있었던 거 같다.

▼ 대진표보고 자신 있었는지?
- 32강 뚫어야 할만하겠다 생각했다.

▼ 8강에서 4차관 장인 서명덕과 겨루게 되는데?
- 오픈 시즌3에서 예선결승 때 만났었다. 그 때 4차관과 전진 관문에 패했던 경험이 있다. 만약 내가 이겼었으면 지금과는 상황이 많이 달라졌을 것이다.

▼ 4차관에 대한 해법이 있는지?
- 4차관을 막는 방법이 많아졌기 때문에 굳이 4차관을 할 필요성은 못 느낀다.

▼ 프프전에 대한 해법이 있나?
- 특별히 다른 점은 없는 것 같다. 다 똑같다.

▼ 승강전이 변경되어 5명 풀리그인데 자신 있는지?
- 코드S 가기가 더욱 힘들어졌다. 연습만 하면 뚫을 수 있을 것 같다.

▼ 승강전에 오른 선수들이 하나같이 이정훈만은 피하고 싶다라고 했다. 본인 생각은?
- 상관없다. 크게 신경 쓰지 않는다.

▼ GSTL에서도 출전 가능성이 있는데?
- 내가 안 나와도 팀원들이 잘해 줄거라 생각한다.

▼ 마지막으로?
- 연습 도와준 종환이와 수호 형에게 고맙단 말 전하고 싶다.

글: 안영훈(ethan@playxp.com)
(c)PlayXP


Winner between
(T)IMHappy vs. (Z)YuGiOh
+ Show Spoiler +

(T)IMHappy
‘I am looking forward to a final against Leenock.’
[image loading]
- You advanced to the round of 8. How do you feel?
It feels great. I am also in the up and down which makes it even better. I had pressure on me today because a loss meant that I wouldn’t get that chance. I was on a roll even during practice against my teammates. It was a bit more difficult than practice but I am glad it all worked out.

- In the 1st set, you use mech and in the 2nd you used bio.
In the 1st set dual sight, the 3rd expansion is easy to take and it is a 2 person map which is why I chose to go mech. In the 2nd set crevasse, I think using marines plus siege tanks are a good way to approach the map.

- What do you think about the viability of using mech?
I am on the fence about it. I think bio is more fun. But playing mech requires you to be defensive until you fill up to 200 population after a 20-30 minute game so it becomes more difficult.

- Your other teammate Yoda fell in his round of 16 match.
He practiced a lot but it didn’t go well for him. As I watched him lose, I was disappointed. But he keeps his cool well so he seemed fine afterwards. I think he regained composure very quickly.

- You will have to have a TvT in the round of 8?
I will be facing either asd or Jinro, and if it is asd, I will beat him like I did in the GSTL. I am most confident in my TvT.

- Are you confident in the up and down matches?
I think it is definitely possible. But my goal is to win so I will think about the up and down matches come later.

- What do you think about the new format of the up and down matches?
I think it’s alright. You face one person at a time so it’s doable.

- If you make it to the code A finals, who do you think you will have to face?
I think I will have to face Leenock in the finals. It will be a fun match.

- Any last comments?
I want to thank the zerg line on my team. I also want to thank the coach who is resting at the teamhouse for his continual support and care for me.
+ Show Spoiler +

▼ 8강 진출에 성공했다. 기분이 어떤가?
- 너무 좋다. 승강전 할 수 있어서 더욱 좋다. 지면 안된다는 부담감이 있었다. 팀원들과 하면서 거의 지지 않았다. 그런데 견제에 말려 힘들었지만 잘 풀린 것 같다.

▼ 1세트에서는 메카닉, 2세트에는 바이오닉을 선보였는데?
- 1세트 듀얼 사이트는 3번째 확장을 편하게 가져갈 수 있고 2인용 맵이기 때문에 메카닉을 선택했다. 2세트 크레바스는 해병, 공성전차를 해도 괜찮은 맵이란 판단이 들었다.

▼ 본인이 생각하는 메카닉의 활용도는?
- 반반인 것 같다. 재미가 있기는 바이오닉이 더 재미있다. 메카닉은 수비하면서 200채워 20~30분 경기를 봐야하기 때문에 조금 힘든 것 같다.

▼ 팀 동료인 최병현이 16강에서 패배했다.
- 준비를 많이했는데 잘 풀리지 않은 것 같다. 옆에서 지켜보면서 안타까웠다. 원래 쿨해서 담담하더라. 금방 괜찮아 진 것 같았다.

▼ 8강에서 테테전을 해야하는데?
- 이대진 선수나 조나단 월시 선수 중 하게 되는데 이대진 선수는 GSTL에서 이겼던 것처럼 승리 할 수 있을 것 같다. 테테전이 제일 자신있다.

▼ 승강전에 자신감이 있는지?
- 당연히 할만하다고 생각한다. 목표는 우승이기 때문에 승강전 생각은 차후에 하려고 한다.

▼ 승강전 방식에 대해선?
- 괜찮은 것 같다. 1명씩 하니 할만할 것 같다.

▼ 이대로 코드a 결승전에 간다면, 누구와 겨루게 될 것 같은지?
- 만약에 결승 간다면 이동녕 선수와 할 것 같다. 재미있는 경기가 될 것 같다.

▼ 마지막으로?
- 연습 도와준 우리 팀 저그 라인들 너무 고맙다. 숙소에 감독님 계시는데 뒷바라지 잘 해주셔서 감사하단 말 전하고 싶다.

글: 안영훈(ethan@playxp.com)
(c)PlayXP


Winner between
(T)Jinro vs. (T)asd
+ Show Spoiler +

(T)asd
‘The win today was due to GuMiho.’
[image loading]
- You made it to the round of 8. How do you feel?
When I beat BoxeR I said that my goal was to make it to the up and down, so I am happy that I was able to do that.

- Your round of 32 and 16 have both been against Terran. Was it easier for you to practice?
I thought that Jinro would use mech so I practiced a lot with GuMiho. Overall the practice wasn’t that difficult.

- Did you find an answer to mech play when you played against GuMiho?
GuMiho practices right next to me. And he told me about all the small difficulties that mech terrans have. Originally, I wanted to beat him with bionic on dual sight since I had the most practice on that map.

- It still seemed like you responded to the map set well.
They were maps that I have been playing on for a while so it wasn’t that big of a deal.

- You secured a spot in the up and down. What do you think about the new format?
I think it has become much harder than before. But I am confident that I can advance.

- How do you want the groups to turn out?
I hope, of course, that there are many zergs in my group.

- You will be facing another terran in the round of 8.
I am disappointed that I will not be facing a zerg. But I want to take revenge for my loss to him in the GSTL.

- Have you talked to Leenock recently?
I told him we would meet in the finals.

- You must have faced him many times during practice, how is that matchup?
We are more or less even.

- How about against sC?
It’s possible for me to win.

- Any last comments?
I was able to win because of GuMiho. I will buy him something tasty once I get back to the teamhouse.
+ Show Spoiler +

▼ 8강에 진출했다. 기분이 어떤가?
- 임요환 선수를 이겼을 때 1차 목표가 승강전이라고 했었는데 그것을 이루게 되어 기분이 좋다.

▼ 32강도 테란전이었고 이번 16강도 테란전이었다. 연습하기 편했을 것 같은데?
- 조나단 선수가 메카닉을 활용할 줄 알고 고병재 선수와 같이 연습했다. 크게 힘든 점은 없었다.

▼ 고병재와 연습하면서 메카닉을 상대할 때 해법을 찾게 된건가?
- 병재가 내 옆 자리다. 메카닉 테란에 대한 까다로운 점을 잘 알려줬다. 원래 듀얼 사이트에서 바이오닉으로 잡으려 했다. 듀얼 사이트 연습을 제일 많이 했다.

▼ 그럼에도 맵 변경에 대해 흔쾌히 수락을 했는데?
- 예선부터 잘해왔었던 맵이니 큰 문제는 없다고 생각했다.

▼ 승격 강등전을 확보했다. 승강전만 놓고 봤을 때 변경된 내용이 어떤 것 같나?
- 전보단 어려워 진 것은 사실이다. 하지만 승격할 자신은 있다.

▼ 조 편성이 어떻게 됐으면 좋겠나?
- 당연히 저그가 많았으면 좋겠다.

▼ 8강은 또 테란전이다.
- 저그를 만나지 않아 아쉽긴 하다. GSTL에서 안호진 선수에게 패한 것을 꼭 설욕하고 싶다.

▼ 이동녕과도 얘기를 나눈 것이 있나?
- 결승에서 만나자고 했다.

▼ 연습할 때 이동녕과 해봤을 텐데 어떤 것 같나?
- 비슷한 것 같다.

▼ 그럼 김승철과는 어떤가?
- 할만 한 것 같다.

▼ 더 하고 싶은 말?
- 병재 덕분에 이긴 것 같다. 숙소에 가면 맛있는 것을 사주고 싶다.

글: 안영훈(ethan@playxp.com)
(c)PlayXP

Itsgosu
emecee
Profile Joined September 2010
United States222 Posts
July 01 2011 18:09 GMT
#2
thanks for the translation again!
Cosmos
Profile Joined March 2010
Belgium1077 Posts
July 01 2011 18:20 GMT
#3
Don't feed gumioh anymore plase !
http://www.twitch.tv/becosmos
danzhang
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada184 Posts
July 01 2011 18:21 GMT
#4
asd has sooo many haters <<
funny how they dont mention it
IMMVP
QTIP.
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2113 Posts
July 01 2011 18:31 GMT
#5
puzzle is winning me over with poses like that ^^
"Trash Micro but Win. Its Marin." - Min Chul
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
July 01 2011 18:51 GMT
#6
Thanks !
Puzzle and asd are giving very generic answers, I'm glad it's less and less common.
Hope MKP crushes Puzzle in the und :p

And I would love the interview of Sage (MVP of today's GSTL) if it's available of course. Thanks again Phosgene
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
July 01 2011 19:38 GMT
#7
thanks phosgene, as always~
also i tweeted lee siwoo and he said that the banbans interview isn't going to be uploaded, so nobody get your hopes up =P
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
ChickenLips
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2912 Posts
July 01 2011 19:43 GMT
#8
Puzzle is a fucking boss

- Everyone so far has said they would like to avoid Marineking in their groups. How about you?

I don’t care. I am not that worried about him.
❤Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿
akomatic
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
156 Posts
July 01 2011 19:48 GMT
#9
On July 02 2011 03:09 Phosgene wrote:
but then I remembered blink stalkers, and just went for it.


Love it.
..Bears!
-Zoda-
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
France3578 Posts
July 01 2011 21:04 GMT
#10
- The up and down has changed its format to a 5 person group, are you confident?
Getting to code S has become that much harder. But I believe with enough practice I can get there.


I didn't know that. lol
♪ 最初はi つなぐdo それ つまりlife 常に移動 ♪ - IGN: Uhryks
quest_5692
Profile Joined November 2010
Malaysia57 Posts
July 02 2011 01:57 GMT
#11
everyone in lower bracket is assuming leenock is in the final. lol baaller
too much hype on foreigner fan favorite....accept the fact koreans are OP...
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
July 02 2011 02:43 GMT
#12
Thanks for the translations again Phosgene

Been saying it, but expecting Leenock v Puzzle grand final.
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
PartyBiscuit
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada4525 Posts
July 02 2011 02:52 GMT
#13
"In the round of 8, you will be facing the 4-gate veteran Banbanssu."

BanBans...I said it before, but I still can't believe you're in the Round of 8 (along with Tassadar) . Really hoping for Puzzle, Leenock or Happy to take the Code A, nobody else from this season's A level has been impressive and I'd be pretty sore to see any of the other 5 players hit Code S.
the farm ends here
425kid
Profile Joined March 2011
416 Posts
July 02 2011 03:11 GMT
#14
Tassadar is really good. Top 5 protoss behind mc, inca, alicia, and sage
RaiKageRyu
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada4773 Posts
July 02 2011 08:10 GMT
#15
Hmm wonder why first interview was never done... Had to go?
Someone call down the Thunder?
skullhoof
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (North)835 Posts
July 04 2011 00:52 GMT
#16
Thee 4-gate veteran Banbanssu, I loled when I saw the nick.
Polt was right about luck
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 129
SpeCial 124
Vindicta 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12105
Artosis 503
Bale 12
League of Legends
Doublelift3614
JimRising 639
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox674
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4724
Liquid`Hasu1129
Khaldor999
Other Games
summit1g7315
shahzam510
FrodaN156
ArmadaUGS82
NeuroSwarm65
Mew2King53
ViBE52
JuggernautJason43
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV183
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream79
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 12
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 28
• HerbMon 24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie848
• Scarra456
• Shiphtur195
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 17m
Stellar Fest
14h 17m
OSC
23h 17m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 11h
Online Event
1d 12h
FEL
1d 17h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.