• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:26
CEST 01:26
KST 08:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War685.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12180 users

Apology to Andy

Blogs > Dalguno
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 18 19 20 Next All
Dalguno
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2446 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-17 22:14:58
May 18 2011 02:59 GMT
#1
Andy, I just met you on the ladder. We were having a friendly ZvZ, when at the 13ish minute mark, my mom called me. At the time I didn't know it was my mom, my step-mother simply said that I had a phone call. I asked if I could pause, and you politely obliged. You waited for a good 4 or 5 minutes, until my mom and I were finished talking. We resumed, and you quickly assumed a commanding lead. I was nearly going to give you the gg, when the screen "Waiting for Player" popped up with your name on it. And after 60 seconds, you timed out. I feel real bad man. I stole your points. If we ever meet again on ladder, I will gladly leave to give you back your points.

It means a lot that you gave me the time to talk to her. She's been struggling with some alcholism for a long time, and this was the last time I could talk to her for probably a few months as she goes to get some help a ways away after a relapse.

Andy, you're a good guy. I know it was just common politeness in letting me pause, it means a lot more. Thanks a ton.


On May 21 2011 16:11 tedster wrote:
Can we get a replay of the Andy game in question, to help us figure out a better manner BO


Replay
(Don't judge my ZvZ, it's honestly terrible.)


On May 22 2011 05:01 Andy_001 wrote:
Hello it's Andy!

I sent Dalguno a message, and I decided to register today. I wouldn't have seen this post unless you spotlighted it. Thank you. I'm super impressed by the community. You all warm my heart =D

See you on the ladder!
Andrew



Edit September 17, 2011

Andy and I met again on the ladder, and he got his points back!

[image loading]

****
"I'm gonna keep making drones cause I'm a baller, and ballers make drones." -Snute
Ares[Effort] *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
DEMACIA6550 Posts
May 18 2011 03:01 GMT
#2
hahaha nice
Moderatorgold coin
PhuxPro
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States294 Posts
May 18 2011 03:02 GMT
#3
TWO BRAVE MEN ON THE OPPOSITE ENDS OF THE SPECTRUM.

One helping a mother in real life
The other with game courtesy

AH SALUTE YOU BOTH!
Money was meant solely to be spent.
TheWarbler
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1659 Posts
May 18 2011 03:04 GMT
#4
Stay classy, TeamLiquid
if you can believe you can concieve
etch
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada176 Posts
May 18 2011 03:18 GMT
#5
this is too cute
RageOverdose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States690 Posts
May 18 2011 03:26 GMT
#6
I'm not gonna lie, I'm tearing up.

THE RESPECT MAKES MY HEART MELT.
iSometric
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
2221 Posts
May 18 2011 03:28 GMT
#7
Needs to be more topics like this in place of QQing.
strava.com/athletes/zhaodynasty
Enervate
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1769 Posts
May 18 2011 03:31 GMT
#8
Normally I hate blogs about Starcraft but this is worth an exception. Nice.
Soviet_Birthday
Profile Joined October 2010
United States48 Posts
May 18 2011 03:32 GMT
#9
Classy finally something different than the usual QQ
If I see Haruhi cosplayers do the time warp, I will have witnessed all this world has to offer
endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
May 18 2011 03:37 GMT
#10
Cute thread ^_^
But if I have something important to discuss like in your case, I would just have left the game rather than asking someone to wait patiently. I really hate the pausers.
ॐ
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
May 18 2011 03:43 GMT
#11
Aw, this is a nice blog. We should end the blog sub-forum with this :3
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Glaven
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada554 Posts
May 18 2011 03:49 GMT
#12
You can chat to people you've played hey? Just look in your match history. Good job though, both players so manner bear.
Special Tactics
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
May 18 2011 03:50 GMT
#13
B'awwwwww :B
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
May 18 2011 03:58 GMT
#14
Stay classy Dalguno & Andy.
+ Show Spoiler +
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
HuK
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada1591 Posts
May 18 2011 03:59 GMT
#15
so cute, i would give u both my ladder points if icould match ne1 on na
ProgamerLive like a God or die like a Slave 11:11
unichan
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States4223 Posts
May 18 2011 03:59 GMT
#16
So sweet :')
:)
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
May 18 2011 04:01 GMT
#17
I'm getting all emotionalwalrus.
frogmelter
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States971 Posts
May 18 2011 04:33 GMT
#18
Why not just message him directly and thank him?

You can do that via match history pretty easily
TL+ Member
Dalguno
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2446 Posts
May 18 2011 04:34 GMT
#19
On May 18 2011 13:33 frogmelter wrote:
Why not just message him directly and thank him?

You can do that via match history pretty easily


I will. Added him to friends, he just hasn't gotten on yet. And I didn't know the call was going to be from my mom, I just thought it was any old phone call.
"I'm gonna keep making drones cause I'm a baller, and ballers make drones." -Snute
MrBitter
Profile Joined January 2008
United States2940 Posts
May 18 2011 05:02 GMT
#20
This needs to be spotlighted. Andy must read this message!
1 2 3 4 5 18 19 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
CranKy Ducklings37
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
davetesta11
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O118
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9673
Artosis 722
ZZZero.O 118
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm183
League of Legends
Doublelift5580
JimRising 332
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe15
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4075
Other Games
summit1g9430
FrodaN2209
Liquid`RaSZi1857
Livibee457
C9.Mang0413
Maynarde157
ArmadaUGS52
Mew2King42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1183
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 136
• musti20045 35
• Sammyuel 29
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1567
• Scarra1243
• Shiphtur506
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 34m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.