• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:22
CEST 22:22
KST 05:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9157 users

Pick Your Power Insane!

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
May 03 2011 19:04 GMT
#19
When is this due to start? My exams end on the 12th so I can /in provisionally.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
May 11 2011 16:53 GMT
#161
1. If someone attempts to pick a role thats already taken they end up as vanilla townie.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
May 14 2011 11:22 GMT
#283
Thats kinda the whole point of the journalist role, to have people make fake claims.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
May 14 2011 11:24 GMT
#284
Oh, and to those coming up with picking tactics, I'm noting going to be following them. I'm going to pick whatever I think is most fun, not whats most optimum.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
May 14 2011 12:56 GMT
#287
On May 14 2011 20:57 Radfield wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 14 2011 20:24 deconduo wrote:
Oh, and to those coming up with picking tactics, I'm noting going to be following them. I'm going to pick whatever I think is most fun, not whats most optimum.



This argument has been made in past PYP games as well. I can certainly understand where it comes from, no one likes to be dictated to, and the point of mafia is to have fun. However, it's important to note that what you're basically saying is, "No matter if role-denial is a great thing for town, I'm going to do whats best for me". This is of course an anti-town and pro-mafia viewpoint, so I hope you understand that I'll probably view it as such, and may hold it against you as the game goes on. I'm not trying to be a jerk here or anything, just trying to point out how I see that particular viewpoint.

However, if you disagree and think that role-denial is NOT a great thing for the town, that's a different matter, and i encourage you to elaborate(which i'm sure folks some will).


My viewpoint is that the game starts after the roles have been picked. Any optimum picking strategy or awesome pick setup (like LSB's) just goes against my style of playing. I will be playing pro-town once the picks have gone through.

Regardless, to avoid confrontation I've chosen numbers in a way that I will hopefully be in the middle/end of the draft rather than the start.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
May 15 2011 22:36 GMT
#429
[18][2]

I have to say, Traitor, VI, Journalist, Puppeteer look like awesome picks. Don't hate me.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
May 15 2011 22:51 GMT
#432
On May 16 2011 07:44 Foolishness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2011 07:36 deconduo wrote:
[18][2]

I have to say, Traitor, VI, Journalist, Puppeteer look like awesome picks. Don't hate me.

I'll hate you for the Traitor

I already claimed my pick earlier: 1,1


After what happened in PYP3, I don't think I'd risk traitor. I wonder what happens if a mole picks traitor lol.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
May 16 2011 22:46 GMT
#564
Why are people voting for Fishball?
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
May 16 2011 23:44 GMT
#570
On May 17 2011 08:31 kitaman27 wrote:
deconduo
-Announces he will select the "fun role" rather than following any set plan
-Makes no comments on the set-up, but promises to play "pro-town" later on
-Claims to choose his numbers in order to appear at the middle/end of the draft
-Publicly informs that he is considering traitor and VI. Then mentions that traitor is "too risk". Why does he find it necessary to inform us that he is considering taking a role mafia would never pick?
-Weirdly defends Fishball above

He has my vote for now. I'll post more later.



Actually I think lynching me isn;t a bad idea. I have a feeling I'm a mole. Also I didn't get any role so I don't mind too much.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
May 17 2011 00:13 GMT
#581
On May 17 2011 09:12 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2011 08:44 deconduo wrote:
On May 17 2011 08:31 kitaman27 wrote:
deconduo
-Announces he will select the "fun role" rather than following any set plan
-Makes no comments on the set-up, but promises to play "pro-town" later on
-Claims to choose his numbers in order to appear at the middle/end of the draft
-Publicly informs that he is considering traitor and VI. Then mentions that traitor is "too risk". Why does he find it necessary to inform us that he is considering taking a role mafia would never pick?
-Weirdly defends Fishball above

He has my vote for now. I'll post more later.



Actually I think lynching me isn;t a bad idea. I have a feeling I'm a mole. Also I didn't get any role so I don't mind too much.


Show nested quote +
My viewpoint is that the game starts after the roles have been picked. Any optimum picking strategy or awesome pick setup (like LSB's) just goes against my style of playing. I will be playing pro-town once the picks have gone through.


Just cause you don't have a role doesn't mean you can't still be pro-town =[


If I feel the most useful thing I can do is get lynched then I will do so
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
May 17 2011 00:18 GMT
#586
On May 17 2011 09:16 Kavdragon wrote:
My gut reaction is to call Decon's bluff and lynch him. I think that he's obviously implying that he's the village idiot, but I doubt that he actually is. More likely he's mafia just trying to avoid a day one lynch.

That being said, I think that the more reasonable course of action is to ignore him for now.


If I was planning to pick VI I would hardly start off by saying 'I think I'll pick VI'

I really am just a normal townie.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
May 17 2011 00:22 GMT
#588
On May 17 2011 09:19 infinitestory wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2011 09:18 deconduo wrote:
On May 17 2011 09:16 Kavdragon wrote:
My gut reaction is to call Decon's bluff and lynch him. I think that he's obviously implying that he's the village idiot, but I doubt that he actually is. More likely he's mafia just trying to avoid a day one lynch.

That being said, I think that the more reasonable course of action is to ignore him for now.


If I was planning to pick VI I would hardly start off by saying 'I think I'll pick VI'

I really am just a normal townie.

Let's drop the WIFOM.


Drop it like its hot?

Back on track, I think scamp is pretty good lynch today. He's scummy in my eyes.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
May 17 2011 00:28 GMT
#590
On May 17 2011 09:24 Node wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2011 09:22 deconduo wrote:
On May 17 2011 09:19 infinitestory wrote:
On May 17 2011 09:18 deconduo wrote:
On May 17 2011 09:16 Kavdragon wrote:
My gut reaction is to call Decon's bluff and lynch him. I think that he's obviously implying that he's the village idiot, but I doubt that he actually is. More likely he's mafia just trying to avoid a day one lynch.

That being said, I think that the more reasonable course of action is to ignore him for now.


If I was planning to pick VI I would hardly start off by saying 'I think I'll pick VI'

I really am just a normal townie.

Let's drop the WIFOM.


Drop it like its hot?

Back on track, I think scamp is pretty good lynch today. He's scummy in my eyes.


Why?


This post specifically:

On May 17 2011 09:15 Scamp wrote:
I'm not going to state at this point whether or not I took Inventor. Someone might steal my patents if I am. Still, if someone does invent something I doubt it'll be as obvious as a 'town-seeking missile' or whatnot.

deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
May 17 2011 01:19 GMT
#593
Ace is mafia too.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
May 17 2011 21:16 GMT
#702
Thats no excuse, I've got to serve food to the Queen of England tomorrow.

+ Show Spoiler +
No lie, its gonna be cool.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
May 17 2011 23:23 GMT
#725
On May 18 2011 08:12 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2011 07:28 kitaman27 wrote:
On May 18 2011 06:49 Foolishness wrote:
Seems to me deconduo is an obvious green (or village idiot).


Could you elaborate what makes you think he is obvious green? VI perhaps, but what makes you think he green?

He wants us to lynch him because "he thinks he is the mole". He feels as a vanilla, it would be most useful if he were lynched. He has provided no attempt to help town. Are you guys inferring deconduo is the type of person that would rage quit the game because he didn't get the role he wanted?


Well, that's what I'm wondering about at the moment. From near the beginning of the game:

Show nested quote +
On May 14 2011 21:56 deconduo wrote:
On May 14 2011 20:57 Radfield wrote:
On May 14 2011 20:24 deconduo wrote:
Oh, and to those coming up with picking tactics, I'm noting going to be following them. I'm going to pick whatever I think is most fun, not whats most optimum.



This argument has been made in past PYP games as well. I can certainly understand where it comes from, no one likes to be dictated to, and the point of mafia is to have fun. However, it's important to note that what you're basically saying is, "No matter if role-denial is a great thing for town, I'm going to do whats best for me". This is of course an anti-town and pro-mafia viewpoint, so I hope you understand that I'll probably view it as such, and may hold it against you as the game goes on. I'm not trying to be a jerk here or anything, just trying to point out how I see that particular viewpoint.

However, if you disagree and think that role-denial is NOT a great thing for the town, that's a different matter, and i encourage you to elaborate(which i'm sure folks some will).


My viewpoint is that the game starts after the roles have been picked. Any optimum picking strategy or awesome pick setup (like LSB's) just goes against my style of playing. I will be playing pro-town once the picks have gone through.

Regardless, to avoid confrontation I've chosen numbers in a way that I will hopefully be in the middle/end of the draft rather than the start.


This sugests that he was never initially aiming at any "power roles", unless what he wrote here is a lie. He also makes a promise to act "pro-town", once the roles go out, but never delivers, opting for spam, one-liners, and confusing messages instead.

So, he makes a post inferring that power-roles aren't important to him, so he'll aim for the middle/end of the queue, then he gets an early queue position, and supposedly picks a role, doesn't get it, and now rage-quits? That just seems off to me, when he was saying he wants to be in a position where he wouldn't get a very strong role (or any role at all, potentially). So, he's just thrown us into a bunch of WIFOM, that isn't helping anything. I might be forced to consider that he's the VI, but at this point, that's detrimental to town as well, because it gives him an excuse to post whatever he wants and to be ignored, and to lurk, under the guise of being VI. If we ever want to lynch him, it becomes a big pit of WIFOM, as he and others form a defense over his actions Day 1.

Maybe the best thing would be to have someone just shoot him tonight?


I found another mafia.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
May 17 2011 23:26 GMT
#729
On May 18 2011 08:24 infinitestory wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2011 08:23 deconduo wrote:
On May 18 2011 08:12 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
On May 18 2011 07:28 kitaman27 wrote:
On May 18 2011 06:49 Foolishness wrote:
Seems to me deconduo is an obvious green (or village idiot).


Could you elaborate what makes you think he is obvious green? VI perhaps, but what makes you think he green?

He wants us to lynch him because "he thinks he is the mole". He feels as a vanilla, it would be most useful if he were lynched. He has provided no attempt to help town. Are you guys inferring deconduo is the type of person that would rage quit the game because he didn't get the role he wanted?


Well, that's what I'm wondering about at the moment. From near the beginning of the game:

On May 14 2011 21:56 deconduo wrote:
On May 14 2011 20:57 Radfield wrote:
On May 14 2011 20:24 deconduo wrote:
Oh, and to those coming up with picking tactics, I'm noting going to be following them. I'm going to pick whatever I think is most fun, not whats most optimum.



This argument has been made in past PYP games as well. I can certainly understand where it comes from, no one likes to be dictated to, and the point of mafia is to have fun. However, it's important to note that what you're basically saying is, "No matter if role-denial is a great thing for town, I'm going to do whats best for me". This is of course an anti-town and pro-mafia viewpoint, so I hope you understand that I'll probably view it as such, and may hold it against you as the game goes on. I'm not trying to be a jerk here or anything, just trying to point out how I see that particular viewpoint.

However, if you disagree and think that role-denial is NOT a great thing for the town, that's a different matter, and i encourage you to elaborate(which i'm sure folks some will).


My viewpoint is that the game starts after the roles have been picked. Any optimum picking strategy or awesome pick setup (like LSB's) just goes against my style of playing. I will be playing pro-town once the picks have gone through.

Regardless, to avoid confrontation I've chosen numbers in a way that I will hopefully be in the middle/end of the draft rather than the start.


This sugests that he was never initially aiming at any "power roles", unless what he wrote here is a lie. He also makes a promise to act "pro-town", once the roles go out, but never delivers, opting for spam, one-liners, and confusing messages instead.

So, he makes a post inferring that power-roles aren't important to him, so he'll aim for the middle/end of the queue, then he gets an early queue position, and supposedly picks a role, doesn't get it, and now rage-quits? That just seems off to me, when he was saying he wants to be in a position where he wouldn't get a very strong role (or any role at all, potentially). So, he's just thrown us into a bunch of WIFOM, that isn't helping anything. I might be forced to consider that he's the VI, but at this point, that's detrimental to town as well, because it gives him an excuse to post whatever he wants and to be ignored, and to lurk, under the guise of being VI. If we ever want to lynch him, it becomes a big pit of WIFOM, as he and others form a defense over his actions Day 1.

Maybe the best thing would be to have someone just shoot him tonight?


I found another mafia.

Is your criteria for mafia "anyone who disagrees with me"?


Nope, its a secret formula that I'll tell you after todays lynch.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
May 18 2011 23:03 GMT
#887
So, why has decon been playing strangely? To catch scum. Here's the fun thing, townies will think I could be scum or VI, whereas mafia would think I'm almost certainly VI. They know I can't be mafia and that is their downfall.

If you look at the people pushing for me to get lynched I would guess its nearly all townies. Mafia would want someone else lynched as lynching me doesn't help them at all. They would be pushing for me to get shot during the night.

I would be pretty sure from how he reacted that kitaman is mafia. I'd be suspicious of FW and Chezinu, and maybe Dreamflower. Kavdragon and Node are almost certainly town. Maybe Eiii as well.


For reference, I attempted to pick Bulletproof but it was already taken. I feel like this information benefits mafia more than town, but as people are pushing for me to reveal it...
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
May 18 2011 23:11 GMT
#889
On May 19 2011 08:10 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2011 08:03 deconduo wrote:
So, why has decon been playing strangely? To catch scum. Here's the fun thing, townies will think I could be scum or VI, whereas mafia would think I'm almost certainly VI. They know I can't be mafia and that is their downfall.

If you look at the people pushing for me to get lynched I would guess its nearly all townies. Mafia would want someone else lynched as lynching me doesn't help them at all. They would be pushing for me to get shot during the night.

I would be pretty sure from how he reacted that kitaman is mafia. I'd be suspicious of FW and Chezinu, and maybe Dreamflower. Kavdragon and Node are almost certainly town. Maybe Eiii as well.


For reference, I attempted to pick Bulletproof but it was already taken. I feel like this information benefits mafia more than town, but as people are pushing for me to reveal it...


Another troll post. Pew Pew.


Because you couldn't be bothered to actually read it? GJ scum.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
May 18 2011 23:39 GMT
#892
Morale of the story:
Don't bother trying anything fancy because people are stupid and won't believe you.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O129
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason440
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 616
ZZZero.O 129
Zeus 63
soO 52
Hyun 45
Dota 2
qojqva2416
canceldota47
League of Legends
Doublelift1145
Counter-Strike
fl0m5749
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3971
Liquid`Hasu632
Other Games
summit1g4803
FrodaN1163
KnowMe314
ToD221
Pyrionflax211
Livibee166
420jenkins163
QueenE101
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick774
StarCraft 2
angryscii 34
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 80
• Hupsaiya 49
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 51
• FirePhoenix5
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1799
Other Games
• imaqtpie862
• Shiphtur615
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 39m
Patches Events
18h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 39m
OSC
1d 2h
OSC
1d 15h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.