• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:52
CEST 09:52
KST 16:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6788 users

The Frustrating Days of a TL Moderator

Blogs > Treetop
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Treetop
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States140 Posts
February 23 2011 17:12 GMT
#1
Well, here we go again. Another day at the greatest Starcraft website in existence. I'm quite sure today will be full of insightful, well thought out and interesting discussions. Heh.

Might as well start in the strategy forum. That's the biggest garbage dump this site has. Oh, wait a second I need to see the over/under today. Twenty five threads that will need deleting, and/or bans from the OP? I'm soo taking the over on this. Kennegit is going to pay out his ass today.

So, what do we have here? Zerg crying thread, Zerg crying thread, Zerg crying thread. Terran crying thread? This has to be a joke or something. Blah blah blah Collosus too strong, blah blah blah Banelings, blah blah blah. What in the living hell? Is he serious? A Planetary Fortress should be able to lift off? For God's sake, why are kids huffing paint still? Back in my day, to be an idiot, we just smoked pot and watched South Park. I'll give him a two day banning, hoping science can devise a way to regrow brain cells in that ridiculously short amount of time.

"New Zerg opening? 14 Hatch 15 Hatch 17 Hatch 19 Pool: Viable?" Do people intentionally write moronic things just to piss me off? Perhaps we should revert the world of video games back to the 2600 where all they had was a little joystick and one button to press. Even then, people would claim the asteroids in Asteriods were OP.

Well, onward we go. Let's see if the General section has anything worthwhile.

Homosexual slur, homosexual slur, L2P, about fifty instances of the word “Grack or Gracken”, NASL conspiracy theories, Kelly hate, Artosis doesn't have the flu, he has Leprosy. Leprosy huh? Well, out of everything I've read today, that does seem the least insane. Finding a thread like that and it being the least insane? Remind me again why I do this? Good lord.

Interesting. A modest, yet informational thread title. It is organized, it has lots of paragraphs. Capital letters and periods are being used. A spoiler section which goes into greater detail and still very well organized. Graphics, charts, evidence and testing? Holy mother of Aiur, this is the best day all week! I don't give a crap if this thread is about milking cows. Spotlighted.

I think I'll head over to Blogs. Maybe a new Starcraft song has come out or something. Those are usually endlessly entertaining.

Team Liquid mods are Nazis and too harsh in their moderation. If I hadn't seen this exact same thread about seven thousand other times, that would probably upset me. If people only knew the crap that all the mods have to sift through every single day, they'd probably run screaming to the Neopets or Gaia forums to try and reestablish their grip on reality.

Another one of those idiotic “A something something Day or Life of something something” threads. This guy should really learn to write comedy. Testing out material Dane Cook would find as “C” team worthy and posting on TL is a pretty sad way to spend his time. At least he tries. I hear he's extremely handsome though.

Relationship advice hmm? Girlfriend cheated on you but you still love her. Must resist temptation to tell him to forgive her and reassure she isn't a stupid whore that won't keep doing it to him over and over, while almost certainly cheating on him with at least four times as many people he believes she has. No no, must be professional. I'll just shut my mouth and let all the nerd love pros handle this one.

I need to talk to Hot Bid and see about getting a word filter in place to change the word “Noob” to “Delightful Human Beings” or something. I think that word gets tossed around here more than “A” or “I” does.

Screw this, I'm sick of banning people . I'll just wait for Manifesto to show up. That guy destroys more accounts than a nuclear bomb destroys Drones. I'm going to take a nap. Someone get me up in time for the TSL Qualifiers. After those run, I'll have another fifteen hours of bans and threads to lock.

Living the dream.

****
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
February 23 2011 17:20 GMT
#2
Good read. But I would gladly trade a small portion of my soul to be a Team Liquid moderator or banling.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-23 17:25:36
February 23 2011 17:25 GMT
#3
On February 24 2011 02:20 iGrok wrote:
Good read. But I would gladly trade a small portion of my soul to be a Team Liquid moderator or banling.

Would you? WOULD YOU?

Edit: I think this is relevent again:
[image loading]
Moderator
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 23 2011 17:25 GMT
#4
On February 24 2011 02:20 iGrok wrote:
Good read. But I would gladly trade a small portion of my soul to be a Team Liquid moderator or banling.


Being a TL moderator for an extended period of time would most certainly consume whatever portion of your soul was leftover.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9593 Posts
February 23 2011 17:26 GMT
#5
On February 24 2011 02:25 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2011 02:20 iGrok wrote:
Good read. But I would gladly trade a small portion of my soul to be a Team Liquid moderator or banling.


Being a TL moderator for an extended period of time would most certainly consume whatever portion of your soul was leftover.


But your husk is guaranteed to go to heaven if you become a TL mod. Souls are overrated anyway.
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51625 Posts
February 23 2011 17:26 GMT
#6
On February 24 2011 02:20 iGrok wrote:
Good read. But I would gladly trade a small portion of my soul to be a Team Liquid moderator or banling.


Don't we all,but to be honest the next best thing happens after you complete one year on TL.The report function.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
February 23 2011 17:31 GMT
#7
On February 24 2011 02:25 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2011 02:20 iGrok wrote:
Good read. But I would gladly trade a small portion of my soul to be a Team Liquid moderator or banling.

Would you? WOULD YOU?

Edit: I think this is relevent again:
[image loading]


I suppose I could be talked into a larger portion :D

And Yes, It likely would consume the rest of my soul. I'd be willing to risk it ^^
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
February 23 2011 17:33 GMT
#8
Hahaha, oh man, that mspaint is so true. I wish we could just ban half the population or so. Reading SC2 threads makes my head want to explode.
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
February 23 2011 17:34 GMT
#9
Strat forum description is a total understatement.

Moderation is really no fun. Only rarely do you get to beat the crap out of some "tits or gtfo" idiot or ban tdot for the hundredth time. Most of the time it's closing terrible threads by people who write 5 lines of "omg why did I lose fuck terran" than watch their own replay.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
psychopat
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada417 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-23 17:40:33
February 23 2011 17:39 GMT
#10
I can completely understand where you're coming from... I was a moderator on a forum about 9 years ago, after which I promised myself I'd never do it again for any forum. I've turned down 3 offers since on other sites.

It's very time consuming to do the job well and you get next to no credit from the community at large, even though you're doing it for free to help the community. Heck, more often than not you just get flamed for your troubles.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-23 17:40:18
February 23 2011 17:40 GMT
#11
I found an old photo of Chill as he prepped for another day of Moderating:

[image loading]

Wait til you see him with his hair up and some conditioner
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
February 23 2011 17:46 GMT
#12
[image loading]
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
February 23 2011 17:53 GMT
#13
The 'report' button is all the moderation power that I require.

I fucking love that thing.
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
Shana
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Indonesia1814 Posts
February 23 2011 17:56 GMT
#14
Strategy forum? Live report is even worse. Yesterday I can't watch GSL live so I have to rely on LR. I have to search like 3 pages for a single game update
Believing in what lies ahead. | That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet.
JinNJuice
Profile Joined June 2010
United States255 Posts
February 23 2011 18:02 GMT
#15
Lol that picture just made my day. Picturing a Chill Tauren Chieftain saying that quote. Pretty fitting image I must say
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
February 23 2011 18:15 GMT
#16
[image loading]
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-23 18:18:54
February 23 2011 18:17 GMT
#17
[image loading]

Sorry Chill, but I had to give Mani Goku's spot. His power level is just too high.

Edit: HAha, Torte you are clearly the superior at this. Thats freaking hilarious
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
February 23 2011 18:18 GMT
#18
On February 24 2011 03:17 iGrok wrote:
[image loading]

Sorry Chill, but I had to give Mani Goku's spot. His power level is just too high.


This is Chill [image loading]
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
CanucksJC
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada1241 Posts
February 23 2011 18:20 GMT
#19
I like where this is going
UBC StarCraft Club is official @ UBC Vancouver campus! Your first eSport community on campus. Welcomes players of all levels at UBC. Follow us on facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=155630424470014 or IRC @ irc.rizon.net #ubcsc
CapnAmerica
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States508 Posts
February 23 2011 18:23 GMT
#20
On February 24 2011 02:40 Torte de Lini wrote:
I found an old photo of Chill as he prepped for another day of Moderating:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Wait til you see him with his hair up and some conditioner


But I'm CapnAmerica... does that mean I'm supposed to be Chill's mod side or something?

This is more whack than wiggers in Wyoming.
After all this time, I still haven't figured out the correlation between sexual orientation and beating an unprepared opponent. Are homosexuals the next koreans? Many players seem to think it's an unfair advantage. - pandaburn
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4540
Leta 1676
BeSt 429
Soulkey 301
Soma 157
sorry 57
ZergMaN 31
Shine 29
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm131
League of Legends
JimRising 562
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King52
Other Games
summit1g8934
WinterStarcraft805
Sick214
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV229
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2288
League of Legends
• Rush1400
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 8m
Patches Events
7h 8m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 8m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 8m
OSC
15h 8m
OSC
1d 4h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.