• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:04
CEST 16:04
KST 23:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)45Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8106 users

[Interview] MSL Ro8 Day 1 Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
doothegee
Profile Joined December 2009
Korea (South)3011 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-20 17:52:35
January 20 2011 10:41 GMT
#1
Results today:
+ Show Spoiler +
(Z)Jaedong > (P)Snow
(Z)Calm < (Z)Hydra
(P)Stork < (Z)ZerO
(Z)great > (P)Kal

in other words...
(Z)Zerg > (P)Protoss


(Z)Jaedong
“I think I can make the Ro4 easily barring an upset”
[image loading]

- How does it feels to be up 1-0?
▲ Even as I practiced, I knew I could win today. I made a lot of mistakes and didn't play particularly well today, so I'll be sure to play better next week.

- There was a bloodbath at your 11 o' clock natural.
▲ When the Protoss firsted rushed me, I blocked it without much damage so I had an advantage, but I sustained a lot of damage from his next big rush. It was more dangerous than I thought and I knew not to get overconfident. I took a lot of damage but I saved both Hatcheries and a lot of Drones, so I believed that I could win.

- Your ZvP seems shaky lately
▲ It doesn't seem that way when I practice, but I feel I play sloppy in televised games. I think I can play better if I calm down a bit and focus more. The reason that I knew I was going to win this game was because I played so well in practice.

- Any goals for the next game?
▲ In the separated BoX, I think the first game is crucial. I think it will be pretty easy to prepare for next week's matches, and I think I can win barring any unforeseen circumstances.

- Anything to say?
▲ My team's Protosses helped me a lot, and I want to give a shoutout of thanks to (P)Dear.

(Z)Hydra
“I could win because I focused on my control”
[image loading]

- Feelings on winning a great comeback?
▲ Firstly, I thought the first game would be very important so I'm happy that I won and I knew that I was on a ZvZ streak but I didn't know it was 9 in a row. I think I can be even more confident from now on.

- It was a nailbiting comeback
▲ I had the worst BO luck but I think I got lucky by focusing on my micro.

- Your scourge usage was excellent.
▲ Because I was behind, I thought that scourges were my only chance and I thought that I could win if I used them in conjunction with Zerglings, so I went in aggressively and I think it worked out well.

- Your looks seems to be improving with your game.
▲ I haven't heard that often, but thanks for saying so.(laughs)

- You're holding an advantage in the BoX.
▲ I haven't played too many BoX, but I think I can prepare easily for the following games because I've won the first game. I think it's a boon for me.

- What if you meet Jaedong in the semi-finals?
▲ I just want to focus on the games in front of me. If I were to say something, because it's ZvZ, it wouldn't matter if it's Jaedong.

- Final words?
▲ Thank you for my teammates for helping me practice, and my team is on a losing streak in Winners' League but it's not like there's any internal troubles, so I want to take this chance to say that we'll end our streak soon and start performing well soon.

♡♥♡(Z)ZerO ♥♡♥
"The map order is going to help me get into the Ro4"
[image loading]

Translator bias: Zero gets a blurb

On the 20th, "The Queen's Son’ Kim Myung Woon (Woongjin) got the GG from Song Byung Goo (Samsung Electronics) with perfect play in the PDPop MSL 2010 Ro8 Game 1, held at the LOOX HERO center at Moon-Rae Dong,

Kim Myung Woon dominated the game throughout, and said “(P)Stork had very good momentum but what mattered more was how well I was prepared. Because I have the first victory and the map order favors me, I'm confident I can win the series too."

- You succeeded in drawing first blood against Stork.
▲ I was very confident as I prepared and the soundproof sound (I guess they play some internal sound to mute the sound from outside). The sound was so loud that some of the in-game sounds were being muffled, and I think Stork couldn't concentrate because of that so I don't feel completely happy even though I won.

- You rocked the shit out of that dinosaur today You had very good gameplay today
▲ I really liked this build so I wanted to use it, and because it's a BoX, I tried something different.

- You've shown a relative weakness at BoX in the past.
▲ I didn't think that it was a BoX, and I played like I usually do. I'm slowly fixing these weaknesses, so I think I can do well from now on.

- Stork had amazing momentum before your game.
▲ I knew that, but my condition matters more than the opponent's, so if I prepare well, I think I can beat anyone. Of course, this means that I can also lose to anyone on a given day, but I didn't really think about Stork's momentum.

- Who helped you with the strategy? (For those of you who didn't watch, Zero had a great mindfuck strategy. Go watch now!)
▲ (Z)Soulkey and (Z)Crazy-Hydra helped me from both sides. I chose the concept as Hydralisks but the coaches helped me too, and although it's an individual league, I think I won because everyone helped me.

- Are you confident in your remaining games?
▲ I like the map order, and if I lost today I would have had an uphill battle, but because I won, I'm confident that I can advance.

- Last words?
▲ A few days ago, it was the birthday of Kim Ji-Soo from the office, but I couldn't call and could only text because I had Proleague that day. I'm sorry, and I wish him a belated birthday.


(Z)great
"I wanted to dominate the first match."
[image loading]

- Thoughts on getting 1 win against Kal?
▲ In a BoX, I felt that I needed to win Game 1 and I'm happy to have won it easily, and I also think my possibility of getting into the Ro4 is much higher now.

- Did you have a concept in mind?
▲ I felt that I needed to dominate the match and win convincingly because of the importance of Game 1. So when I could, I produced queens and overall, it was a satisfying game. I think I can win even easier in next week's games.

- Zergs won every game today.
▲ I looked at the Proleague individual win rankings, and Zerg got massacred. I don't think we can use this to say that Zerg is imba, but I feel it's time for Zerg to catch up.

- Didn't you have trouble preparing for the BoX.
▲ Because Stork and Jangbi had played many BoX, they gave me a lot of advice. I feel I understand BoX much better now. Also, because individual leagues are different from Proleague, I can enjoy the games a bit more. Because it's not Proleague, I don't have to stress about the result and have fun in the game.

- You said you wanted to play a Zerg last week - were you stressed any that you had to play Kal?
▲ Even though Kal is good, you can't ignore the natural racial imbalance in BoX, so I didn't worry about it too much. I think Kal stressed about it more than I did.

- You said you wanted to enjoy individual leagues, but will that change once you come close to winning it?
▲ I joked to my teammates back at the house, “If I win, I want to put Taek-Baeng-Lee-Ssang in one group using my powers (at the group ceremony)”. I think that will be fun for all watching and right now, I kind of want to do that.(laughs)

- Last words?
▲ I hadn't played many ZvP on Benzene so thank you to my teammates for helping me practice, and I would appreciate it if they helped me a lot next week too.
웅진 멘쓰즈
KimchiFriedRice
Profile Joined May 2009
Canada237 Posts
January 20 2011 10:48 GMT
#2
Dayum Hydra looks funnay...
Congratz to Dong for beating Snow!
I will shove Kimchi up your ass and watch you writhe in pain.
shucklesors
Profile Joined May 2010
Singapore1176 Posts
January 20 2011 10:50 GMT
#3
u frickin serious wow since when have interviews been instantaneous
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
January 20 2011 10:51 GMT
#4
On January 20 2011 19:50 shucklesors wrote:
u frickin serious wow since when have interviews been instantaneous

Since Jaedong won? :D
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
doothegee
Profile Joined December 2009
Korea (South)3011 Posts
January 20 2011 10:51 GMT
#5
On January 20 2011 19:51 Telcontar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2011 19:50 shucklesors wrote:
u frickin serious wow since when have interviews been instantaneous

Since Jaedong won? :D

wrong. since Zero won.
웅진 멘쓰즈
endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
January 20 2011 10:52 GMT
#6
On January 20 2011 19:41 doothegee wrote:
- Your ZvP seems shaky lately
▲ It doesn't seem that way when I practice, but I feel I play sloppy in televised games. I think I can play better if I calm down a bit and focus more. The reason that I knew I was going to win this game was because I played so well in practice.


Not surprising at all when you practice against Perfectman...

On January 20 2011 19:41 doothegee wrote:
- Anything to say?
▲ My team's Protosses helped me a little, and I want to give a shoutout of thanks to (P)Dear.


Wait, he doesn't even mention Perfectman here hahaha

Incredibly fast translation, thanks !
ॐ
kuroshiroi
Profile Joined November 2010
3149 Posts
January 20 2011 10:52 GMT
#7
On January 20 2011 19:41 doothegee wrote:
My team's Protosses helped me a little, and I want to give a shoutout of thanks to (P)Dear.
A little? Then who is he practicing with, Bisu or something? This seems like a weird statement to me.

JD keeps bashing himself but it's good that he's confident.
Fly Jaedong, fly!
Goragoth
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
New Zealand1065 Posts
January 20 2011 10:53 GMT
#8
Haha what an awkward shot of Hydra.
Creator of LoLTool.
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
January 20 2011 10:54 GMT
#9
congrats to the dong , hydra and NeO zEROOOOOO today is a good day for liquibet :p points at stork fans tears .
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
January 20 2011 10:56 GMT
#10
Hydra looks like some movie star...
Can't quite grasp it...

Sick quick interviews, thanks mate.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
January 20 2011 11:04 GMT
#11
WHAT THE HECK SO QUICK thanks so much!
Writer
lolbolt
Profile Joined November 2010
206 Posts
January 20 2011 11:12 GMT
#12
On January 20 2011 19:50 shucklesors wrote:
u frickin serious wow since when have interviews been instantaneous


Since the dawn of time. Thank you for these quick interviews!
kuroshiroi
Profile Joined November 2010
3149 Posts
January 20 2011 11:13 GMT
#13
On January 20 2011 19:41 doothegee wrote:
- Your looks seems to be improving with your game.
▲ I haven't heard that often, but thanks for saying so.(laughs)
Awesome flirting, I need to find video.
Fly Jaedong, fly!
mnesthes
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
5433 Posts
January 20 2011 11:14 GMT
#14
Hey OP, you've got 666 posts there. nice job btw
<+LighTofHeaveN> Ppl call this "Indigo Children"
doothegee
Profile Joined December 2009
Korea (South)3011 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-20 11:15:51
January 20 2011 11:14 GMT
#15
On January 20 2011 20:14 mnesthes wrote:
Hey OP, you've got 666 posts there. nice job btw

AAAHH must rid myself of evil

667 now. :D

On January 20 2011 19:52 kuroshiroi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2011 19:41 doothegee wrote:
My team's Protosses helped me a little, and I want to give a shoutout of thanks to (P)Dear.
A little? Then who is he practicing with, Bisu or something? This seems like a weird statement to me.

JD keeps bashing himself but it's good that he's confident.


oops. obviously I meant "a lot". mah badd. thanks for pointing it out.
웅진 멘쓰즈
Noxide
Profile Joined July 2009
United States2870 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-20 11:16:47
January 20 2011 11:16 GMT
#16
Calm blew that game with absolute shit control, pissed me off just to watch.

Thanks for the quick translation.
Flash ひなの戦争の王である || しかし、実際にはヤフーの ファンタジーサッカー、楽しいプレー私の週末を占めている
kuroshiroi
Profile Joined November 2010
3149 Posts
January 20 2011 11:17 GMT
#17
On January 20 2011 20:14 doothegee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2011 19:52 kuroshiroi wrote:
On January 20 2011 19:41 doothegee wrote:
My team's Protosses helped me a little, and I want to give a shoutout of thanks to (P)Dear.
A little? Then who is he practicing with, Bisu or something? This seems like a weird statement to me.

JD keeps bashing himself but it's good that he's confident.


oops. obviously I meant "a lot". mah badd. thanks for pointing it out.
No worries, thanks for the awesome interview (speed)
Fly Jaedong, fly!
shucklesors
Profile Joined May 2010
Singapore1176 Posts
January 20 2011 11:17 GMT
#18
- What if you meet Jaedong in the semi-finals?
▲ I just want to focus on the games in front of me. If I were to say something, because it's ZvZ, it wouldn't matter if it's Jaedong.



This sentence is gramatically incorrect, it should be 'unless' instead of 'if'.
In all seriousness, its ironic how people STILL think ZvZ is volatile against jaedong and a match of him can be taken randomly if you're a zerg. News flash: IT'S THE LEAST RANDOMLY POSSIBLE.
54% vs 76% good luck hydra.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 20 2011 11:19 GMT
#19
Thanks for the fast translation!
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
January 20 2011 11:23 GMT
#20
On January 20 2011 19:56 flamewheel wrote:
Hydra looks like some movie star...
Can't quite grasp it...

Sick quick interviews, thanks mate.

I think he looks abit like quintin tarantino
[image loading]
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1265
ComeBackTV 484
SteadfastSC438
TaKeTV 363
LamboSC2295
Rex137
IndyStarCraft 116
EnkiAlexander 30
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy22
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 438
LamboSC2 295
Rex 137
ProTech136
IndyStarCraft 116
BRAT_OK 50
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35224
Shuttle 2700
Bisu 993
Jaedong 922
Horang2 778
EffOrt 727
Light 625
Mini 550
Soma 527
BeSt 321
[ Show more ]
firebathero 312
Hyuk 288
Stork 281
Rush 197
ZerO 193
ggaemo 182
Snow 181
Zeus 152
Leta 109
Pusan 82
Killer 74
hero 69
sorry 60
Shine 43
Sharp 43
Mind 39
Mong 39
Shinee 34
soO 28
ToSsGirL 27
Bale 26
Aegong 25
Trap 22
Sexy 19
Yoon 18
NotJumperer 17
HiyA 17
Free 16
Terrorterran 16
Sacsri 10
JulyZerg 9
Icarus 9
Noble 6
zelot 6
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc9293
qojqva1022
Dendi895
Fuzer 166
420jenkins127
Counter-Strike
markeloff117
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1992
crisheroes1163
XaKoH 182
Other Games
gofns36400
singsing2195
olofmeister1235
B2W.Neo956
Mlord286
Hui .179
Liquid`VortiX150
Mew2King106
ArmadaUGS100
ToD98
QueenE95
Chillindude16
Railgan15
ZerO(Twitch)15
fpsfer 1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream100
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1992
League of Legends
• Nemesis2335
• Jankos2220
• TFBlade863
Other Games
• WagamamaTV203
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 56m
Stellar Fest
22h 56m
OSC
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 19h
Online Event
1d 20h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.