• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:37
CEST 09:37
KST 16:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8898 users

[Interview] 2011-1-15 KT vs. Hite Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Selith
Profile Joined September 2010
United States238 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-16 06:41:04
January 15 2011 21:05 GMT
#1
Strange this wasn't translated instantly. I guess Flash is the final evil boss everyone wants to see losing? ;p

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: http://www.fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=114229&db=interview&cate=&page=1&field=&kwrd=

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[image loading]

- Comments on leading your team to victory with 3 kills?
▲ I am happy, as it seems that my winning ratio is pretty good as the captain. I was happy too when Stats did all-kill last time, but this time, it feels even better as I personally ended the match as the ace.

- You've been receiving a lot of wrist massages recently, is it in bad condition?
▲ It has become better nowadays, with team taking care of it so well. Just today though, the matches were quite long, so it cramped up. It's difficult for me -- with cramps on my arms and legs -- if I keep on playing these long matches like we had today.

- Wasn't it pressuring to play as the captain today?
▲ Teammates have been not playing their best this season, and I believe that's a homework for us to solve together. Even so, I know they all know it, so it was a little burdening on me. I think it'll be better from now on though. There's no need to worry. As long as I do my best, teammates will also revive.

- In the last match, you used nukes.
▲ It's not that I have anything against sKyHigh, but I just felt rather sad toward myself... so I did that. With wrists not feeling great now, and having difficulties with various things, I felt proud of my mental strength. I don't usually do that, but I almost had the game and coupled with strong emotions, I used nukes. The game should have ended after using the nukes, it was extended a bit more than it should have.

- What kind of records do you expect to achieve in this Winner's League?
▲ First, Bisu-hyung keeps on doing greedy all-kills. I wish he would be more fair and only do 3-kills instead (laugh). The win rate continues to widen, and right now, I don't think anyone can beat Bisu-hyung. Anyway, if he keeps on being way ahead of everyone else, fans might find it boring. So, I think it'll be good if he would just leave 1 win difference and increase our win rate together (laugh).

- Most of the matches today has been macro-based long matches.
▲ Although there's the factor of wanting to play it safe, it was a little different when I took on Leta-hyung. There's no real way to win in TvT if the opponent just stays alive to the end, so I think I used too much energy in that match.

- Isn't there a stamina issue with long matches?
▲ When I end these long matches, I feel exhausted regardless of whether I win or lose. At that exact moment, cramps come up. That is really excruciating for me. Thankfully, cramps happened today after the last match with sKyHigh.

- Is there any secrets to win in the long matches?
▲ I guess it is a tactic if you call it that -- it is important to make different decisions using scans here and there. TvT often has a lot of matches where map control is divided half-half, and if I can get to that point, I am fairly confident that I won't lose.

- There were potential dangers with Spider Mine yeok-daebak (reverse great luck).
▲ Honestly, I thought I can't possibly lose that match, right from the start. Then, while scan wasn't available, Spider Mine yeok-daebak happened. So I thought, "Ah, am I going to lose in such ridiculous way again?". Thankfully, I won that match though.

- As stated before, being eliminated from both leagues (MSL/OSL) has worked better for you.
▲ It is very fortunate there's only Proleague. After being eliminated, it looked like it's a great case for me. First, it gave me the chance to recover my health, and it would certainly have been very challenging if I had to 3-kill like today while active in both leagues. Of course, it's disappointing to be eliminated, but I can take this time to recoup my skills.

- FanTaSy made it to the finals of Starleague.
▲ I really like FanTaSy-hyung. But if Stork-hyung makes it too, it'll be a difficult choice for me since I'm on good terms with both of them. I might do a bet with the teammates and cheer for one of them. Personally, I wish FanTaSy-hyung would break his jinx now.

- If either one requested practice help, which one will you help?
▲ Regardless of whom, whoever asks first will be helped first (laugh). If FanTaSy-hyung asks me first not to help Stork-hyung, then I won't help Stork-hyung. If Stork-hyung asks me to help first, then I will help him.

- You might now desire a new winning record.
▲ Last year, I managed 57 wins. For this season, I want to achieve exactly 60 wins. That's because every season, I add additional 3 wins to my previous record. Although, teammates occasionally show their true potential here and there, so it'll probably be difficult to take in 20 wins per round (laugh).

- Any last comments?
▲ I'm actually afraid of going to the hospital, so I don't go there all that often. Then the coach took me there forcefully. He took me to a famous traditional Korean style clinics and paid for them. I am thankful for him for waiting for me to finish my treatment, which took like an hour. My arm is certainly improving now with help from all around me, I hope it'll be all well soon so I can continue playing games without worry. Also, today was the birthday of my grandmother, but I was unable to go... I am truly sorry for that. But, in my heart, I always think I am with her, and I will certainly call her. I wish she will live a long, good life.
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
January 15 2011 21:11 GMT
#2
Flash so good mannered. I hope he gets better soon.
TRAP[yoo]
Profile Joined December 2009
Hungary6026 Posts
January 15 2011 21:14 GMT
#3
poor flash
i hope he can go on with progaming...hes just too good
FTD
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
January 15 2011 21:15 GMT
#4
If FanTaSy-hyung asks me first not to help Stork-hyung, then I won't help Stork-hyung.


loooool.

Thanks for translating
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
January 15 2011 21:17 GMT
#5
On January 16 2011 06:05 Selith wrote:
- Is there any secrets to win in the long matches?
▲ ... it is important to make different decisions using scans here and there.

A-ha, I knew it!
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
TheDreamer
Profile Joined January 2011
28 Posts
January 15 2011 21:19 GMT
#6
if FlaSh help Stork,probably FanTaSy win silver mouse.
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
January 15 2011 21:28 GMT
#7
On January 16 2011 06:05 Selith wrote:
- What kind of records do you expect to achieve in this Winner's League?
▲ First, Bisu-hyung keeps on doing greedy all-kills. I wish he would be more fair and only do 3-kills instead (laugh). The win rate continues to widen, and right now, I don't think anyone can beat Bisu-hyung. Anyway, if he keeps on being way ahead of everyone else, fans might find it boring. So, I think it'll be good if he would just leave 1 win difference and increase our win rate together (laugh).\

I laughed at this. This is amusing for a number of reasons.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
slappy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1271 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-15 21:38:53
January 15 2011 21:38 GMT
#8
First, Bisu-hyung keeps on doing greedy all-kills. I wish he would be more fair and only do 3-kills instead (laugh). The win rate continues to widen, and right now, I don't think anyone can beat Bisu-hyung. Anyway, if he keeps on being way ahead of everyone else, fans might find it boring. So, I think it'll be good if he would just leave 1 win difference and increase our win rate together (laugh).


ahaha Flash has a sense of humor! I got a good laugh out of that

EDIT: I didn't intentionally copy lightwhip
jaedong imba
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 15 2011 21:57 GMT
#9
Hehe, fun interview. I don't like all this talk about his arm problems though.

Thanks for translating!
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-15 22:03:34
January 15 2011 22:02 GMT
#10
please call flash right now fantasy

If Fantasy practices with BeSt and Stork can't practice with Flash, Fantasy might actually win.
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
January 15 2011 22:11 GMT
#11
lol, no stats interview again? XD

stats and flash are the only KT players to get wins so far, at 6 each... -_-;;
Writer
ninini
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden1204 Posts
January 15 2011 22:15 GMT
#12
lol Flash, what a comedian, accusing Bisu of being too dominant.
Ecrilon
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
501 Posts
January 15 2011 22:18 GMT
#13
Haha that Bisu. Having a player that is so dominant is so boring for Broodwar...hahaha...>_> Yeah.
There is but one truth.
shucklesors
Profile Joined May 2010
Singapore1176 Posts
January 15 2011 22:53 GMT
#14
stork gunna read this on fomos, spit out water while he was drinking from a cup and lunge for the phone to call flash
Shirukii
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada16 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-15 22:57:16
January 15 2011 22:56 GMT
#15
More like he's going to read it on his cellphone/tab, stop playing games for a second and call Flash.
The stars, like dust, encircle me. In the living mists of light; And all of space I seem to see. In one vast burst of sight.
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
January 15 2011 23:01 GMT
#16
So Flash is just conserving his strength and recovering yet he still manages to be a beast in PL.
maximuspita
Profile Joined April 2010
1093 Posts
January 15 2011 23:03 GMT
#17
Flash is so awesome, I hope his cramp problems go away but I fear he might have an early retirement .
Korean Air, please save Fox.
evilfatsh1t
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia8928 Posts
January 15 2011 23:05 GMT
#18

- What kind of records do you expect to achieve in this Winner's League?
▲ First, Bisu-hyung keeps on doing greedy all-kills. I wish he would be more fair and only do 3-kills instead (laugh). The win rate continues to widen, and right now, I don't think anyone can beat Bisu-hyung. Anyway, if he keeps on being way ahead of everyone else, fans might find it boring. So, I think it'll be good if he would just leave 1 win difference and increase our win rate together (laugh).



lol wut. when did flash change his name to bisu
darklordjac
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada2231 Posts
January 15 2011 23:25 GMT
#19
Wait why would Fantasy want Flash to help him TvT practice for a TvP final??
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-15 23:37:21
January 15 2011 23:28 GMT
#20
- What kind of records do you expect to achieve in this Winner's League?
▲ First, Bisu-hyung keeps on doing greedy all-kills. I wish he would be more fair and only do 3-kills instead (laugh). The win rate continues to widen, and right now, I don't think anyone can beat Bisu-hyung. Anyway, if he keeps on being way ahead of everyone else, fans might find it boring. So, I think it'll be good if he would just leave 1 win difference and increase our win rate together (laugh).

This quote speaks of self-reflection. Flash is very much aware of the current unpopularity of LeeSsang domination, and is humored enough to crack a joke about it.

I, for one, am glad that someone other than Jaedong and Flash is showing signs of PL domination.

If Flash really wants to catch up, KT coach should just place him as the starter. The downsides are that it deprives opportunities from other KT players, and also out of concern for Flash.

It seems to be that all kill may not be good for Flash's physical well being.

Heck, getting out both of OSL and MSL is actually a blessing in disguise.


On January 16 2011 08:25 darklordjac wrote:
Wait why would Fantasy want Flash to help him TvT practice for a TvP final??


Re-read that interview.

Flash clearly stated that if Fantasy requests first, then Flash will not help STORK. Meaning if Fantasy asks first, Stork won't get help from Flash. But if Stork asks first, Flash will help Stork with TvP practice.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 596
GuemChi 425
Leta 362
BeSt 104
Soma 47
sSak 44
sorry 36
Bale 26
910 26
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
[ Show more ]
Noble 11
Dota 2
febbydoto12
League of Legends
JimRising 550
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss489
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King140
Other Games
summit1g7838
ceh9519
olofmeister510
Happy318
Trikslyr22
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick503
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast37
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2238
League of Legends
• Stunt459
Other Games
• Shiphtur463
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
3h 23m
Patches Events
8h 23m
The PondCast
1d 2h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.