• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:22
CEST 22:22
KST 05:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9172 users

Merc Micro Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
January 05 2011 07:38 GMT
#19
/in

none standard game ftw.
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
January 05 2011 09:35 GMT
#20
On January 05 2011 12:56 Pigsquirrel wrote:
Sounds fun, I'll give it a shot.
/in
On second thought, I'd rather avoid a fancy variant for my first game,
/out.

This guy is missing some crazy actions. As long as people remains active, the game will be fun.
My first game was caller's ROTK game where there was no role list, mafia betrayal for justice, and epic bus claim which confused the heck out of me. Game was still fun though.
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
January 06 2011 03:58 GMT
#25
GOGOGO. I need another game.
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
January 07 2011 04:26 GMT
#33
Double lynch everyday.
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
January 07 2011 04:41 GMT
#36
Like I said, Double Lynch everyday because I can shoot during every DAY, not night.

Firstly, I request some sort of protection right away. Don't look at it as scummy. If I can give town +1 KP everyday, that should be enough to be protected.

If anyone has ability (preferably item) to protect against night kill, please contact me.
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
January 07 2011 04:51 GMT
#38
I will clarify more on this double lynch.

I can shoot every DAY, not night. AND I can shoot as soon as the game start.

Currently I have no mean of protecting myself. I believe my role is important and deserve protection against mafia KP. The item I am really looking for is something like a "veteran vest" that protects against one KP.
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
January 07 2011 05:16 GMT
#42
Also discuss when should I shoot, especially for my first shot.

I don't want to shoot that late in the day since I want to leave time to discuss about town's official lynch. We may be able to use the information resulted from my shot to decide a better lynch.

I am think of shooting at the middle of the day 24 hours after day post to leave another 24 hours for more discussion.
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
January 07 2011 05:49 GMT
#46
Only one shot per day. I emphasized I can shoot as soon as the game start to answer the question that I don't have to wait until day2 to shoot.
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
January 08 2011 00:07 GMT
#54
On January 07 2011 22:47 Node wrote:
I really don't think using a day hit on day 1 is a very good idea. Imagine if you missed with the hit and we missed the lynch, which is more likely than not on day 1. Assuming the mafia hit goes through, it's tied 2-2 and mafia has the game. If the mafia hits someone that's protected in some way, it's still LYLO. I'd rather wait until we've got some more information, maybe there's a alignment check item out there or somesuch.

So are you suggesting that I hold off my shot? Should town also not vote to lynch on day1?
If you answer yes to both, then I have nothing else to say.

If you suggest that I not shoot during day and town still decide a lynch, then why don't I shoot first then we can decide if we want the lynch or not. I can only shoot before the day is over, after we get the result from the lynch, I can't shoot.

If I don't shoot, people won't believe me enough to give me protection and mafia will likely target me with their nightkill.

For information purpose: Yes, I am not forced to shoot everyday. But for day1, I will shoot to verify my claim.

I am now deciding how my shots should be decided. Whether to have open vote, private vote, analysis driven, I decide it myself, or something else.

LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
January 08 2011 05:01 GMT
#57
Game hasn't began. So please explain your reason, preferably before game begins.
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
January 09 2011 02:46 GMT
#70
On January 09 2011 11:33 annul wrote:
ok hi

right now we have a claim from lunar that he can day kill every day in addition to any lynching. be careful with this claim, as i assume (based on the language of my item(s)) that an ability like that costs significant money to use. it may, for example, cost 600k to use in which case he needs 200k from someone to shoot again, etc. it is unlikely to be just +1 day KP without drawback or restriction.

in a game where money is such a factor, i assume probably every item has some monetary relevance to it. keep this in mind when contracting.

LSB: do we have the ability to vote no lynch?

First of all, my day kill requires no money.

If I have to give up all money I have to persuade town, I am willing to do it.
Think of it this way: If I am mafia, do you think mafia will be willing to give up half of their cash? Also, it would be stupid for LSB to give mafia an extra day kill because that would make the game so imbalanced.

As of now, my priority is to choose a target and prove my claim. Then I will try desperately to get protection against mafia's KP.
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
January 09 2011 04:36 GMT
#79
On January 09 2011 13:22 chipmonkey wrote:
Fun sounding game. Definitely unique.

Show nested quote +
First of all, my day kill requires no money.

If I have to give up all money I have to persuade town, I am willing to do it.
Think of it this way: If I am mafia, do you think mafia will be willing to give up half of their cash? Also, it would be stupid for LSB to give mafia an extra day kill because that would make the game so imbalanced.

As of now, my priority is to choose a target and prove my claim. Then I will try desperately to get protection against mafia's KP.


A kill that requires no money? Something about that seems strange to me, but that's just a gut feeling. I would guess that only mafia would get an absolutely free kill, but, again, that's just a guess.

Also, when you say

"If I have to give up all money I have to persuade town, I am willing to do it.
Think of it this way: If I am mafia, do you think mafia will be willing to give up half of their cash?"

...Do you know something about the mafia that we don't? How do you know if money is any more or less valuable to a mafia member than it is to a townie? I just think its odd that you are so quick to assume that mafia really need money. (Maybe I missed something in an earlier post?)

Also, if you aren't a mafia member, how would killing someone during the day phase prove it? All it would prove is that you (or someone you are in contact with) has that ability. Mafia or not.


I must say in a game where everyone is given money, mafia must have some use for it. That is my assumption.

I said nothing about using my day kill to prove I am town. It will only prove that I can make a day shot. But if I somehow hit a mafia (2mafia/6targets=33%), that should be good evidence that I am town. With additional scumhunting and analysising, I can improve the 33% chance of hitting a mafia.
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
January 09 2011 05:01 GMT
#81
On January 09 2011 13:51 chipmonkey wrote:
I agree about the killing a mafia part being convincing evidence (I seriously doubt a mafia would kill his only scum buddy to throw people off the scent). Lets hope you hit one.

I don't really agree with your tactic of coming out right on the spot, because if you are telling the truth, the mafia can quickly pick off a townie kill role... but what's done is done. At least if you are a mafia, while you are alive at least, the town can control who you use your action on, and any failure to comply might be a nice indication that we hit your mafia buddy. Then we could take down two mafia in one!

But I think I'm being a little too optimistic.

The reason why I reveal my day kill is that when I use my day kill, I am to post the action in the thread. The mafia will then know that I have a day kill after. I could have hold my shot for day1 but that is just giving up a free hit. If I hit a mafia, that will pretty much confirm me.

Also, if I see bad reasoning on the proposed target, I will not shoot. This applies especially later in the game.
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
January 09 2011 05:35 GMT
#83
Futhermore, I won't explicitly say who I am going to shoot before shooting. This is to prevent mafia to exchange protection item if they have any.

There are downside to this because it will make me look scummy. But I don't want to waste a KP. I understand that I must get a mafia soon (first two day?) if I am doing it this way.
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
January 09 2011 06:32 GMT
#90
According to information I have, yes. Town got this.
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
January 11 2011 03:14 GMT
#250
Kavdragon, why must you repeat the same mistake I made?

Brought back bad memory.

And LSB, WTF. Why every shits blow up in this game? God damn bullet proof vest, probably made in China (I'm Chinese).
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
January 11 2011 03:21 GMT
#252
On January 11 2011 11:12 annul wrote:
like seriously what the fuck is wrong with the town in this game? this had to have been the WORST town performance EVER.

every single thing i called ROL out on was correct. EVERY SINGLE THING.

I am so stupid in this game. I must realized that bullet proof is too OP for anyone to have in this game. RoL didn't do much to persuade me and I took the vest. He even urged me to that it for free.

Prior to the contract of me and RoL, I got hints from Kav that shits (his nades) blow up and you also warned me that "no one would be stupid enough to say 'free nade, cool'". If I didn't take that vest, it could have been a different game. Well, I was going to shoot chipmonkey or node, most likely chipmonkey though.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O129
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason440
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 616
ZZZero.O 129
Zeus 63
soO 52
Hyun 45
Dota 2
qojqva2416
canceldota47
League of Legends
Doublelift1145
Counter-Strike
fl0m5749
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3971
Liquid`Hasu632
Other Games
summit1g4803
FrodaN1163
KnowMe314
ToD221
Pyrionflax211
Livibee166
420jenkins163
QueenE101
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick774
StarCraft 2
angryscii 34
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 80
• Hupsaiya 49
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 51
• FirePhoenix5
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1799
Other Games
• imaqtpie862
• Shiphtur615
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 38m
Patches Events
18h 38m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 38m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 38m
OSC
1d 2h
OSC
1d 15h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.