• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:08
CEST 17:08
KST 00:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror1[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8887 users

[Interviews] Bacchus OSL 2010 Ro16 Day 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-17 14:59:53
December 17 2010 14:41 GMT
#1
(Z)Hyuk: "(T)Flash better start getting worried."
"I will definitely win for Paralyze."

[image loading]


- Thoughts on being 2-0 in the Ro16?
▲ I am happy that my results reflected my practice.

- You displayed the Hydra Wave.
▲ It was because of how the opponent was playing. Kal decided to go for harass-based play, thus I knew there would be a timing where he will be weak. I made use of that timing window. The entrance was wide, which made it difficult (for him) to defend against the Hydra Wave. Some people stated that this map was good for Zergs, but I did not feel that way during practice, which made me worried for today's match. Luckily, I managed to win on this map.

- With your win, Paralyze now has a chance to advance to the Round of 8.
▲ Paralyze helped me with practice as though it was his own match. He requested that since he was helping me with practice, he would want me to (win today's game and) help him advance as well, which made to work even harder.

- You will be facing Flash next.
▲ It's really tough. It's pressurizing since he's currently the best player, but I feel that it depends on how you prepare for it. In fact, I really want to beat Flash. Flash has dominated for so long that I think it would be interesting if he starts performing not-so-well. I will practice real hard.

- Any final words?
▲ Before my match, Coach Cha adviced me for the game. He told me how not to get nervous, and I credit today's results to him. Thank you very much.

Source: Fomos


(Z)Jaedong: "I want to win the Proleague too."
"I hope (T)HiyA goes 3-0 and advances together with me."

[image loading]


- How do you feel to have caught up 1-1 after being down a match?
▲ I feel like I've escaped death. If I lost today, it meant elimination for me, thus I was very nervous. I was really worried before the match, but I think luck was on my side. I was really lucky with my scouting, build order and other stuff.

- Were you greatly shocked by your loss against HiyA?
▲ I think I was more in a state of disappointment than shock. I played really bad that day, so I was angry with myself. After losing to HiyA that day, I realised my flaws in my games against Terrans. I hope to advance to the Round of 8 together with him.

- How did you practice?
▲ I could not practice much. But it was a map I practiced often on, thus it was not a problem. I tend to get tired easily if I practice a lot nowadays, so I'm not overextending myself. To do that, I'm focusing on taking care of my condition. I'm trying to do self-reviews of my games to further improve myself.

- You will be playing against (Z)HoGiL, another zerg.
▲ I am confident. Because it is a ZvZ, I do not feel pressured at all. I hope HiyA can win and we can advance together. I do not want to play a tiebreaker (laughs).

- Another final words?
▲ I practiced real hard for tomorrow's game. Yesterday and today was important, but our team is not performing well in Proleague, so I'm focusing on that. I will be real sad if I manage to win yesterday (MSL) and today's (OSL) games but lose tomorrow's. That's why I really hope to win tomorrow's game. Also, the weather is really cold but fans are still coming down, which makes me want to play the games even more. I hope fans continue to cheer us on at the stadiums.

Source: Fomos


(T)Mind: "Team-kill is really tough."
"I feel very sorry for (Z)Shine."

[image loading]


- How do you feel to have won a game after being behind two games?
▲ It would have been better for us to have faced each other with 1 wins each, but I lost my first game (in the Ro16) very badly, putting a lot of pressure on me for this game. But it also made me hungrier for a win this game. I will try my best to win the rest of my games.

- Practice must have been tough.
▲ At first, both of us did not practice, but I managed to get help from Woongjin players a few days ago. I think it was real tough for me to practice with my teammates.

- Shine's attempt at tying for the longest winning streak was denied by you.
▲ That was one of the factors that made this game real tough. Shine's important title (of longest winning streak tie) was on the line, but I would be guaranteed an elimination if I lost. I really dislike team-kills.

- You played solidly, as you would know about Shine's playing style.
▲ I did not really think that Shine would go for pool-first. That is why I even thought of going 14cc, but I made a rax first just in case. Thankfully, that decision turned out to be a good one.

- You are playing Sea next.
▲ My TvT has been good lately. So I am confident. I will definitely win.

- Any final words?
▲ I want to thank Woongjin's (Z)Crazy-Hydra and (Z)Neo.G_Soulkey, who helped me with practice. hOn_sin also gave me some good advice while watching us practice. I managed to win today because of them.

Source: Fomos


(T)Fantasy: "I was not pleased with my performance today. I have to reflect on my gameplay."
"I will definitely beat (Z)Hydra and advance into the Round of 8."

[image loading]


- You managed to win a game after being down a game.
▲ I won today but I was not pleased with my performance today. I will have to reflect on my gameplay.

- Why were you not pleased?
▲ I don't think I could have gotten into such a disadvantageous situation, but I think I made it that way. The game today did not turn out as smooth as my practice games. My macro was sub-par as well.

- You let that arbiter recall way too easily.
▲ In practice, I played very little cross-positions. That was why I let the recall succeed so easily.

- Your first loss in the Round of 16 (against (Z)Modesty) must have been very disappointing.
▲ I felt really sour after the end of the game, because if the Zerg spawns at 3 and Terran at 6, it is impossible for the Terran to fend off the mutalisk harass. The mineral formation and positional imbalance makes it hard to fend off mutalisks, and the air-to-air rush distance is really short as well. I think I was just disappointed that I was very unlucky (to have spawned at 6).

- Now, you have to play against Hydra with the Round of 8 advancement ticket on the line.
▲ At first, I wanted to advance together with Hydra, but now it is impossible. I am sorry to Hydra, but I want to advance high up into the OSL, so I will definitely win my next match.

- Any final words?
▲ Usually, only one of our coaches come to watch us play but today, all three coaches came down. I was able to win because of their presence, and I want to thank (P)By.Sun who helped me a lot with practice, even until right before I came here.
Also, my keyboard got stuck today, but (Z)Hyuk lent me his keyboard, so I want to thank him for that as well.

Source: Fomos
POGGERS
Smix *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States4549 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-17 15:04:41
December 17 2010 14:54 GMT
#2
Shit I just started on this hahahaha. Good thing I saw this.
Great translations as always man. Looking forward to the final fantasy one as well~

Thank you~~
TranslatorBe an Optimist Prime, Not a Negatron // twitter @smixity
XsebT
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Denmark2980 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-17 15:00:34
December 17 2010 14:56 GMT
#3
Thanks a lot for translating.
Interesting how Jaedong apparently isn't practising very intensively lately and focusing on self-reviews, which seems to be working for him.
LOL at the foto of him btw.
+ Show Spoiler [FIGHTING] +
[image loading]


Mind being bold against Sea... That is gonna work against you buddy. MY MIGHTY SEA DRAGON KNOCK YOU RIGHT OFF YOUR FEET!
화이팅
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
December 17 2010 14:59 GMT
#4
- You will be facing Flash next.
▲ It's really tough. It's pressurizing since he's currently the best player, but I feel that it depends on how you prepare for it. In fact, I really want to beat Flash. Flash has dominated for so long that I think it would be interesting if he starts performing not-so-well. I will practice real hard.


haha, now that's the fighting spirit <3
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
December 17 2010 15:02 GMT
#5
LOL no one is afraid of Flash anymore
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9559 Posts
December 17 2010 15:08 GMT
#6
I admire Hyuk's spirit. Will be interesting....

Thx for translating!
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
hitthat
Profile Joined January 2010
Poland2349 Posts
December 17 2010 15:22 GMT
#7
Not pleasant talk from fantasy. Modesty was playing quite good that game and he should give him a credit, not talk about imbalance even if it was something like this in that match.
Shameless BroodWar separatistic, elitist, fanaticaly devoted puritan fanboy.
ZeaL.
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5955 Posts
December 17 2010 15:25 GMT
#8
My hope is that Hyuk > Flash and Kal > Paralyze to get Flash out of OSL. And then have Calm > Hiya and Hogil > JD, though JD > Hogil so probably going to be a 3 way tiebreaker.
Vortok
Profile Joined December 2009
United States830 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-17 15:26:54
December 17 2010 15:25 GMT
#9
Afrotoss, your sacrifice will not be forgotten, but we'd rather Hyuk win and you lose to Kal so that Flash doesn't get a second chance to via tiebreakers. I can only imagine how much support is being thrown Hyuk's way over at the SKT house.

Also, lawl Jaedong. He doesn't have to practice to win. He just meditates you into submission now.

Lastly: lolShine
judochopaction
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States533 Posts
December 17 2010 15:31 GMT
#10
fantasy... kind of arrogant, making excuses and insulting free.. well im not sure if i like him anymore. was the original text this snarky??
hitthat
Profile Joined January 2010
Poland2349 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-17 15:36:47
December 17 2010 15:36 GMT
#11
On December 18 2010 00:31 judochopaction wrote:
fantasy... kind of arrogant, making excuses and insulting free.. well im not sure if i like him anymore. was the original text this snarky??


He wasnt insulting free, he just said he didnt think he play like he should. he was insulting Modesty instead.
Shameless BroodWar separatistic, elitist, fanaticaly devoted puritan fanboy.
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
December 17 2010 15:36 GMT
#12
On December 18 2010 00:22 hitthat wrote:
Not pleasant talk from fantasy. Modesty was playing quite good that game and he should give him a credit, not talk about imbalance even if it was something like this in that match.


He learned well from Boxer and iloveoov.
justiceknight
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Singapore5741 Posts
December 17 2010 15:37 GMT
#13
so u can make ur keyboard stuck for playing sc lol

thanks for the trans!!
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
December 17 2010 15:40 GMT
#14
Great translations. So sad that kal lost...
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
December 17 2010 15:45 GMT
#15
(Z)Hyuk: "(T)Flash better start getting worried."
"I will definitely win for Paralyze."

Yeah sure all talk and no action lets see if you can do it when you versus flash .
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
Yxes2211
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1587 Posts
December 17 2010 15:56 GMT
#16
Everyone kinda seems depressed in these interviews lol
Jaedong and Baby
cascades
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Singapore6122 Posts
December 17 2010 16:05 GMT
#17
On December 18 2010 00:45 Sawamura wrote:
(Z)Hyuk: "(T)Flash better start getting worried."
"I will definitely win for Paralyze."

Yeah sure all talk and no action lets see if you can do it when you versus flash .


Like Flash's manner cc against Ssak?
HS: cascades#1595 || LoL: stoppin
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-17 16:29:28
December 17 2010 16:29 GMT
#18
On December 18 2010 01:05 cascades wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2010 00:45 Sawamura wrote:
(Z)Hyuk: "(T)Flash better start getting worried."
"I will definitely win for Paralyze."

Yeah sure all talk and no action lets see if you can do it when you versus flash .


Like Flash's manner cc against Ssak?


At least flash wasn't so arrogant to SAY I DEFINITELY WIll manner cc in ssak base he only say if ssak fails to win him he will do a command center while hyuk ??? go figure.
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
Adr4melecH
Profile Joined March 2010
Thailand667 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-17 16:34:47
December 17 2010 16:33 GMT
#19
Captain hyuk is going to do it for his teammate! Hope he has some cards up his sleeve for the match.

JD should roll over hogil easily.

Hydra has been winning a lot lately but most of em are ZvZs so this shouldn't be too hard for Fantasy to handle.

Jackle
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada859 Posts
December 17 2010 17:40 GMT
#20
On December 18 2010 01:05 cascades wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2010 00:45 Sawamura wrote:
(Z)Hyuk: "(T)Flash better start getting worried."
"I will definitely win for Paralyze."

Yeah sure all talk and no action lets see if you can do it when you versus flash .


Like Flash's manner cc against Ssak?


Flash:

...so if he doesn't win against me tomorrow, he may end up seeing a command center in his base.
You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem139
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 139
Railgan 93
trigger 40
IndyStarCraft 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 52509
Shuttle 8822
BeSt 742
Horang2 536
actioN 226
Sexy 191
Larva 182
Soma 138
ggaemo 133
Last 121
[ Show more ]
Mind 101
Zeus 75
hero 64
Sea.KH 61
Hyun 52
Killer 48
Aegong 46
ToSsGirL 28
Bale 26
PianO 22
Rock 18
NaDa 12
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5269
qojqva2492
Dendi1395
420jenkins505
Fuzer 95
Counter-Strike
fl0m3350
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1125
Liquid`Hasu761
MindelVK2
Other Games
B2W.Neo910
Beastyqt686
Mlord464
byalli412
singsing282
Livibee212
Hui .201
ArmadaUGS194
KnowMe110
QueenE84
Mew2King54
CosmosSc2 33
Chillindude15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick760
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream59
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 43
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3094
League of Legends
• Nemesis3182
Other Games
• WagamamaTV222
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 52m
Replay Cast
7h 52m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 52m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
19h 52m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 19h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.