• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:49
CEST 10:49
KST 17:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10092 users

[Interview] PDPop MST Group 7 Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-21 00:12:47
November 20 2010 20:32 GMT
#1
Zero

[image loading]


Q: Thoughts on your 7th consecutive MSL entry?
A: When I first entered the MSL, I looked at the performances of my forebears and I thought, when will I be like them? In the blink of an eye, it'll be my 8th MSL. I feel totally different now than then. Right now, I feel like I've become one of the old guard.

Q: In the winners' game, you were bunker rushed.
A: I realized that a triple bunker rush was very strong, but this bunker rush really clouded my mind. It was even stronger than anticipated.

Q: Did you have a chance of blocking the rush timing?
A: I guess I didn't play carefully enough. This type of situation was totally different than the ones I envisioned in my mind's eye, so I felt unable to do anything. I just sat there watching myself lose, basically.

Q: In the last game, were you confident you could advance against a Z opponent?
A: Triathlon is P-favored, so I preferred to face a Z. In fact, a Z did advance to face me in the final match, so I won easily.

Q: Recently, your ZvZ has been outstanding.
A: Even if I do start playing badly, the mood left over from this hot streak will allow me to keep winning. But recently, I have been feeling ZvZ differently. My micro and macro have both improved greatly.

Q: Goal for this MSL?
A: Our team hasn't even had a person enter the finals, let alone win one, so I want to win this MSL. As a progamer, my career has been quite long, so I want to further my experience.

Q: It seems that Zerg is very strong this season.
A: There hasn't been a trend like this in a long time. In P and T, there is a big skill level gap between the top players and the rest, whereas Z players are all quite similar. But once you reached Ro8 or semifinals, the skill levels of all 3 races balance out. [T/N Thanks mmdmmd for suggesting corrections on this one.]

Q: Have you imagined yourself beating Flash to win the championship?
A: This time, if I can beat Flash, I'll be the champion for sure. My goal this time is to win it all.

Q: Anything else?
A: The students who have taken the college entrance exams have had tough times. If you don't do well, don't be too down about it. Yesterday, Soulkey was eliminated from the OSL because he still doesn't have enough experience. I hope he will work even harder and reach the OSL again next time.

Source: http://playsc.com/forum/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=217980&extra=page=1



Midas

[image loading]


Q: Thoughts on your 7th MSL entry?
A: I'm in a very good mood now. Rather than feeling like my seventh MSL, it feels more like another MST [T/N unsure]. I feel great pride toward advancing to the MSL.

Q: You advanced to the MSL easily with two straight wins.
A: When I started, I was very low on confidence, and I practiced heavily for the losers' game. I never thought I would advance 2-0. The maps were very hard to play on; in practice I struggled a lot. The positional balance and matchup balance in TvZ on Aztec and similar maps is nonexistent, so the game was a serious uphill climb. I don't know if the mapmakers simply didn't care enough about pressuring capabilities. For example, at the 12 o'clock position, Reaver and Mutalisk harasses are ineffectual, so that gives T a hard time. [T/N what the? I think I lost a negative somewhere]

Q: In game 1, you used the late-game mech switch.
A: I prepared very seriously for it. But despite my hard work, in the waiting area Roro still told me the game was very boring to watch. So I resolved to end it quickly, and I went all out in the last game.

Q: In the winners' game, you used a bunker rush.
A: I did it to catch the Z off guard. If the Z's defense was pretty lax, I had a shot at killing off the hatchery, so using a bunker rush gives T a great advantage. If the Z doesn't fend off the first bunker effectively, he's bound to be put in a very bad position.

Q: Season goal?
A: I'm playing to win. In the midst of my win streak I'm full of confidence. Zero and Soo have both been playing excellently in SPL, so in beating them I've proven to myself that I'm playing well.

Q: Flash and Jaedong are not so easy to handle.
A: I think that the difference between any two progamers is paper-thin. It just depends on who has the dominant aura and strong focus. Regarding this, Flash and Jaedong are two players who have both dominance and concentration; it's really unbelievable.

Q: Anything else?
A: Our team had 3 days of rest after SPL's round ended, but because of MST, our team's Lucifer, herO[jOin], and Wuk all stayed in the practice house instead of going home. Thanks so much for helping me practice.

source: http://playsc.com/forum/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=217985&extra=page=1
Translator:3
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
November 20 2010 20:49 GMT
#2
ZerO's ZvZ is looking pretty damn good indeed. If he can take out Flash he's definitely got that shot at taking it, considering how many Zergs there are right now.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
swanized
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada2480 Posts
November 20 2010 20:49 GMT
#3
Fuck Yeah Zero!

thas mah boy


thanks infinitestory ^^
Writer
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
November 20 2010 20:56 GMT
#4
Midas interview up.
Translator:3
soujiro_
Profile Joined June 2010
Uruguay5195 Posts
November 20 2010 21:05 GMT
#5
yay a midas interview :D
so glad he advanced ^^
ace hwaiting!!
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
November 20 2010 22:29 GMT
#6
woot midas^^ glad he got out of his early season mini-slump
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
November 20 2010 23:02 GMT
#7
lol mech switch is boring

gtfo terran mech switch :DD

go midas! ^^ yayayay
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
November 20 2010 23:43 GMT
#8
i liked what midas said about flash and jaedong. such confidence
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
swanized
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada2480 Posts
November 20 2010 23:57 GMT
#9
On November 21 2010 08:02 Conversion wrote:
lol mech switch is boring

gtfo terran mech switch :DD

go midas! ^^ yayayay


mech switch gives such epic games O_O
Writer
mmdmmd
Profile Joined June 2007
722 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-21 00:12:42
November 21 2010 00:10 GMT
#10
Thanks for the translation!!!

Q: It seems that Zerg is very strong this season.
A: There hasn't been a trend like this in a long time. The top players of P and T are a great leap ahead of the rest, and Z players are all quite average. Usually, Zerg will balance out with the others in Ro8 or semifinals.

I think this should be:

Q: It seems that Zerg is very strong this season.
A: There hasn't been a trend like this in a long time. In P and T, there is a big skill level gap between the top players and the rest, whereas Z players are all quite similar. But once you reached Ro8 or semifinals, the skill levels of all 3 races balances out.
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
November 21 2010 00:12 GMT
#11
On November 21 2010 09:10 mmdmmd wrote:
Q: It seems that Zerg is very strong this season.
A: There hasn't been a trend like this in a long time. The top players of P and T are a great leap ahead of the rest, and Z players are all quite average. Usually, Zerg will balance out with the others in Ro8 or semifinals.

I think this should be:

Q: It seems that Zerg is very strong this season.
A: There hasn't been a trend like this in a long time. In P and T, there is a big skill level gap between the top players and the rest, whereas Z players are all quite similar. But once you reached Ro8 or semifinals, the skill levels of all 3 races balances out.

Mmk, I'll trust you on this. Thanks!
Translator:3
mmdmmd
Profile Joined June 2007
722 Posts
November 21 2010 00:17 GMT
#12
When Zero said Z are all similar. Is he putting himself at Jaedong lvl or pulling Jaedong to his level?
peidongyang
Profile Joined January 2009
Canada2084 Posts
November 21 2010 01:05 GMT
#13
But despite my hard work, in the waiting area Roro still told me the game was very boring to watch.


So what's fun to watch Roro, you and your teammate Shine's "strategic" ZvP play?
the throws never bothered me anyway
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
November 21 2010 01:07 GMT
#14
On November 21 2010 10:05 peidongyang wrote:
Show nested quote +
But despite my hard work, in the waiting area Roro still told me the game was very boring to watch.


So what's fun to watch Roro, you and your teammate Shine's "strategic" ZvP play?

well, in case you haven't watched it yet, midas vs zero was definitely more fun to watch than midas vs soo
Translator:3
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
November 21 2010 01:43 GMT
#15
Midas' thought before the winners' game:

"Fuck the distance. Imma bunker rush AND FE"
Fan of the Jangbanger
LuckyMacro
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1482 Posts
November 21 2010 02:42 GMT
#16
Midas ballin' again? gogogoogogogogo!

thanks for the translations
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 141
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 887
Larva 637
ggaemo 583
Mind 497
Stork 306
Leta 173
PianO 140
Killer 40
Hyuk 27
Bale 25
[ Show more ]
ZergMaN 22
yabsab 21
Dota 2
XcaliburYe103
League of Legends
JimRising 404
Reynor100
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1345
Other Games
summit1g10691
C9.Mang0221
Sick189
Mew2King156
ArmadaUGS57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick554
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream196
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2351
League of Legends
• Stunt1339
• Jankos1095
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
1h 11m
Online Event
2h 11m
FEL
7h 11m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 11m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 11m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.