• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:40
CEST 05:40
KST 12:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8505 users

eOSL Pool C - MoMaN, KenZy, KleeneX and Qwerty

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
SwEEt[TearS]
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1575 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-10 19:36:35
November 08 2010 22:36 GMT
#1
[image loading]

As a foreword, I'd like to mention that these games are casted from replays and that for each pool, there will be three sections: Preview, which gives an overview of the players and games to come; View, consisting of the VoDs casted by Vincent "KroK" Ngo Van et Laurent "aspeak" Mizrahi in French; and finally Review, a post-game analysis.

I'll be translating all pools (omg (Wiki)Elky is in Pool D!) and I'll be working in collabo with egg)aspeak to bring you exclusive content so please look forward to it ^^

[image loading]

When you draw pools randomly, you're bound to have surprises. After the "Group of Death", here's a pool that could have unexpected knockouts as well. With three Zerg representatives in the same pool, ZvZ lovers will be spoiled. This matchup is known to be the most random and violent of them all, adding to the fact the Bo1 format won't make things any simpler. In this turmoil, a proud but lone Protoss will do everything to protect Aiur's emblem...

[image loading]


When we talk about "Manu", we first think about his outspokenness and his legendary chatting skills. In contrast when we talk about [image loading]MoMaN, the image of an agressive and radical Zerg player comes to mind. To sum it up, MoMaN is someone who always goes straight to the point, which allowed him to impose himself as the top French Zerg to this day. As proof, his results during the beta are impressive and he is the only Zerg that qualified for the final stage of EPS.fr. After a harsh road filled with 2nd place finishers, he finally touched gold during the G-League in Marseille. Will his regained confidence be enough to fight a very funky pool C?
+ Show Spoiler [interview] +
http://dai.ly/cNsaI5
Emmanuel "[M]MoMaN" Marquez:
Yeah I'm one of the favorites but since it's Best of 1 I might lose against Qwerty, KenZy or KleeneX. Since it's Bo1 and you don't get to choose the map, an error, a baneling, anything really leaves no place for mistakes. Especially when you're Zerg you'd rather play a Bo3 than a Bo1 since you might can lose on a map you don't like or on a mistake. I guess you could say I'm confident but I could lose against KenZy or KleneeX, they're really good players I think they're in the top10 French players. There will be a lot pressure from all sides since Bo1 is quite intense.


Leif "[image loading]Kleenex" Boutin. No need to introduce this player to the numerous WC3 fans. If you can't recall Kleenex, it's because he traded his old green Orc skin for a Protoss one with the new Blizzard opus. As for the remainder, just know that Kleenex hasn't changed and is as friendly and funny when you have the chance to cross his path during LANs. He's used to the French eSports scene and isn't affected by the pressure of high-stakes games anymore. Sadly, Kleenex gets sick when facing a Zerg Swarm. His vZ is far from his best matchup as he only secured a 25% winrate versus Zergs at EPS.fr (including 2 losses vs MoMaN and KenZy). Although he's had a hard time preparing, has KleeneX found the answer to this matchup? We'll soon know.
+ Show Spoiler [interview] +
http://dai.ly/aSgCY4
Leif "[M]Kleenex" Boutin:
Honestly I didn't really have time to think about it since I'm still playing in EPS, but yeah PvZ is fine, MoMaN is really solid so is KenZy, don't really know about Qwerty. Can I qualify? Sure you can always qualify but what's after? We'll see. I'll do what I can. I've never been one of those players that says I'm going to own them. I mean sure I'm going to own them but I don't say it. (TL Note: this guy is such a baller)


[image loading]KenZy's known as the 2nd best French Zerg player. Not another Zerg, right? Not really. This unusual players tends to betray the Queen of Blades... when he needs to face other Zergs. Why bother with ZvZ when Protoss Forcefields are 10x more effective to eliminate the bloodthirsty aliens... However, eOSL has strict rules: it is written that a player must only play one race during the entire tournament. KenZy will have to accept the ZvZ, and that probably won't stop him. Very motivated, he worked a lot on his ZvZ just for this tournament. This pool happens to be a bigger challenge than expected. That's a good thing, he loves this.
+ Show Spoiler [interview] +
Bruno "aAa*KenZy" Wafo-Tapa:
I'm really motivated and quite serene. I practiced ZvZ a lot on the ladder so I'm quite confident. I have a hard pool, adding to the fact I'll have to play ZvZ but I think I have great chances of qualifying!


[image loading]Qwerty's the outsider of this pool. His main trump card is that he doesn't have to prove anything and can play without hesitation. Even though he isn't too confident in his ZvZ, the Bo1 format might play in his favor. A ZvZ game can be so random that he might steal a win from the best using a surprise allin. Let's bet that his young player, who manages to inch his way towards the top French competition, will have prepared some strategies specifically made to get out of this pool. According to him, the matches will 100% mindgames. And when it comes to those, it's hard to know who'll come out on top. It could be a big achievement for the CyberNation Zerg.
+ Show Spoiler [interview] +
http://dai.ly/9MLiPD
Pierre "CN|Qwerty" Bousquet:
Against MoMaN it's gonna be very hard. ZvZ is my worst matchup and his is very solid. I don't know, there might be an upset if I play really good and he makes a couple of mistakes. I'm not too confident but anything can happen since it's Bo1. I'm not too happy about that but whatever, it's Bo1 so in a game anything can happen. He knows it and I know it so yeah. Against KenZy it depends... of the race he plays.
Well a priori he'll be forced to play one race so he'll be playing Zerg.
Ok so he's playing Zerg... Yeah we'll see... I'm not confident either. ZvZ is hard. And against KleeneX... I might win. I might win against KleeneX. The problem is I haven't played him yet so I don't know his level. PvZ is pretty much my best matchup so I think if I play good I'll win. I'm not favorite I know, I don't have too much pressure, others will feel some though since it's Bo1 so psychologically you have to get in your opponent's head and try to figure out what he's thinking. Everything is possible.


[image loading]


Maps:
Lost Temple
+ Show Spoiler [overview] +
[image loading]


Metalopolis
+ Show Spoiler [overview] +
[image loading]


Xel'Naga Caverns
+ Show Spoiler [overview] +
[image loading]


Prognostic from the Team Managers:

When it comes to KleeneX, his PvZ isn't really top notch so I'm slightly scared he's going to suffer in this pool. Right now he could do great just like he could do horrible, anything can happen

"Lewellys"
Millenium SC2 Manager

[image loading]
You can find the VoDs here

[image loading]


WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS, DO NOT READ BEFORE YOU WATCH THE GAMES!



I might be repeating what our casters said but if you love bloodbaths, you were probably delighted with this pool. Our two favorites [image loading]MoMaN and [image loading]KenZy feared the format used in the pool phase. However they both qualified! They eliminated [image loading]Qwerty and [image loading]Kleenex, who fought until the end but were still one notch under their opponents.

[image loading]


We can't underestimate the qualities of the top players. When they had to be there for D-Day, they delivered. MoMaN and KenZy qualified, getting out of the pool phase that they were fearing.

KenZy takes the first place in this pool! The aAa player had annonced that he was motivated and you could easily feel it. From his total control in his game vs KleeneX to his mysterious calm against MoMaN, he is now officially in the quarter finals of the eOSL. His match against MoMaN has to be shown to all progaming schools. Even at the peak of pressure, KenZy remembered to upgrade his Roaches 2-1. Do the math, KenZy's units needed 8 hits to kill an enemy unit, vs 10 hits for MoMaN's units. Even if the Millenium player had 15 or so Roaches more than his opponent, it was over. KenZy already won.

KleeneX is a friendly guy, always in a good mood. He sadly chains disappointments for his fans. There's a huge contrast between his effective micro and his very lacking macro, far from top French player material. If KleeneX has the motivation to work on his weak points, we might see him at the top again. In the opposite case, he probably will disappear to never reappear. It's his turn to play.

Without being invisible, Qwerty did well agaisnt Kleneex in his best matchup. In his two fights against MoMaN, he had an ambitious and modern playstyle. Taking a 2nd base in ZvZ is a huge risk. He has to feel out the game and adapt perfectly to his opponent. He didn't manage to do that. Going Mutalisks was yet again a risky choice, but it could've been very strong. Qwerty however was hesitant with them as well as his defenses. The strong point of going air is to contain the opponent by harassing him to expand without fearing any strong counter-push. In his two games, the CyberNation player didn't win his bet. Qwerty had good intentions and it's commendable. He now has to work to figure out how to perfectly play his games.

MoMaN qualified after playing 3 ZvZs. He played them in his usual style heavily relying on macro, his good army management and his game sense. He didn't have showcase anything particularly inventive or clean but he played in a very effective manner. In his all-in versus Qwerty, he was sure it was going to work: great players have amazing confidence! He lost against KenZy but came back full of vengeance. Congratulations to both Zerg players.

[image loading]


[image loading]


Key Moments!

Game 1 MoMaN vs Qwerty
13:00 - MoMaN's Roaches take on Qwerty's units out of the Spine Crawlers's range. The decisive fight.

Game 2 KenZy vs KleeneX
08:01 - KleeneX managed to trap a good amount of KenZy's units. He then goes straight to his opponent's base. KenZy's macro keeps kicking! Despite the good micro, KenZy wins it thanks to all his units.

Game 3 MoMaN vs KenZy
12:16 - MoMaN has the economical lead and decides to attack right before KenZy can collect minerals from his 2nd base. KenZy's 2-1 Roaches easily take care of MoMaN's army.

Game 4 KleeneX vs Qwerty
11:11 - The Protoss player goes for a big push! He has a very nice army composition (Stalkers, Sentries and Colossi). However, Qwerty's Corruptors come right in time to shift the balance of the game. Qwerty takes a lead and doesn't lose it.

Game 5 MoMaN vs Qwerty
09:04 - Qwerty's Mutalisks go harass MoMaN but the Millenium player already has his Queens and Hydralisks ready to defend. Qwerty does no damage to MoMaN, letting him the opportunity to counter and win.

Winner Interviews:
Bruno "[image loading]aAa*KenZy" Wafo-Tapa:
I'm quite happy with my games because I managed to take the first place in my pool! My game My game against MoMaN was very tense but the upgrades made the difference. For the next part I don't fear anyone in particular. In fact I' mostly craintive of playing vs a Zerg since I find this matchup quite random! All in all everyone has their chances and the tournament is up in the air!

Emmanuel "[image loading][M]MoMaN" Marquez:
I played way too agressive, it worked ok except against KenZy, I had the lead I should've attacked before! Bad timing on my end. For what's to come I fear everybody, I could lose just like I could win against anyone, so I'll have to play @ 200% whoever I'm matched against. Right now everybody can go to the finals so if I had to take a guess I'd say SarenS, Adel, KenZy or Stephano ;D

All in all the next matches are going to be very good, there's gonna be 8 big players, almost all top French players so nobody will play sloppily. GL ALL!

TL Note: Pool D is next, which means (Wiki)Elky action. Get hyped!

*If you want to know what happened in Pool A & B, you can visit these threads:

Pool A
Pool B


Source:
Pool C Preview
Pool C Review
#1 arb fan -- Raelcun is Nuclear backwards. Rekrul is Lurker backwards. Grobyc is Cyborg backwards. Eniram is Marine backwards.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 244
NeuroSwarm 194
FoxeR 31
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3824
Leta 1911
Bale 50
Shine 19
Icarus 5
Other Games
summit1g8088
JimRising 568
WinterStarcraft462
ViBE151
Mew2King18
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick682
BasetradeTV193
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta26
• Letter1411
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo760
Other Games
• Scarra1049
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 20m
Patches Events
11h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 20m
OSC
19h 20m
OSC
1d 8h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.