• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:43
CEST 01:43
KST 08:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War685.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13315 users

Elky's first SC2 Tournament

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
SwEEt[TearS]
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1575 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-20 07:40:49
October 20 2010 07:06 GMT
#1
Right so I have Elky's page on my FB and I saw there was an interview with http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Elky about him playing SC2 in a tournament "seriously". There was mention of this here but no translation so here goes:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfa567_bertrand-elky-grospellier-a-l-eosl_videogames
[image loading]

the article above the video just retraces his SC career with Guillaume "Grrr…" Patry then his switch to poker, holding the Guinness World Record for most Single Table Sit & Goes played in one hour (62) and world first Supernova/Supernova Elite on PStars which netted him a place in the french PStars team. The interview however only focuses on SC2.

Hey Elky!
A lot of old players are coming back for SC2.
Did you feel like doing it too?

Obviously SC2 is different because SC1 has been out for what, 12 years, and I played a lot of games in between with friends but SC2 is the first game where old progamers come back to play and of course I have a lot of korean friends that are starting, like one of my best korean friends created oGs
Spunky?
Yeah Spunky...and his team is dominating quite hard so next time I meet him I think I'll spend a few days with him so I can practice because they have amazing players. And of course it's a lot of fun to play with guys you know well and respect a lot... It's quite different from playing with strangers

You coming back to SC2 fulltime?


Well the problem is with poker and PokerStars taking a lot of my time, my biggest issue is since I'm very competitive I don't want to come back just for fun, I want to be able to practice to have a chance to win it all, I don't want to play tournaments just to get destroyed so it's quite difficult. I love playing poker and I love SC2 so I try to have time for both but if there are some tournaments that don't take a lot of time, i.e. online tournaments I might be able to play more. I definitely don't want to be around just for show haha.

What's your current level?

I played around 400 games quickmatch 1v1, mainly random (TL Note: think he's 1718 diamond?). The biggest problem is since I play random I have to learn a lot of matchups and well, there's a new patch out haha. I think I'm doing well with Terran, not as much with Protoss & Zerg, they really aren't simple matchups. I saw they were helping Zerg but I still don't know if I'll stick to one race or keep playing random I'll have to think about it.

What made you want to play in eOSL?

I've played quite a lot of SC2 and I wanted to face the best French players to see where I'm standing since I haven't really played against them. It makes me happy to go back to competitive gaming, it's pretty motivating.

What kind of results are you expecting?


To be honest I have no idea how good they are so we'll see, I love surprises so we'll see how that goes, I'm pretty confident and I have the amazing opportunity to have a lot of friends that happen to be good SC2 players like Nazgul the TL team manager and Spunky the oGs manager so I think I'll be able to practice against them, it might be very helpful.

edit: there's probably a ton of mistakes, 3am translating is pretty lol
edit2: french source
#1 arb fan -- Raelcun is Nuclear backwards. Rekrul is Lurker backwards. Grobyc is Cyborg backwards. Eniram is Marine backwards.
Borked
Profile Joined October 2010
221 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-20 07:13:49
October 20 2010 07:13 GMT
#2
Just wow, amazing news. I hope he will grow a hair and turn it to Orange again.
Thou shall not crave thy neighbor.
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
October 20 2010 07:14 GMT
#3
first the rumors of this, then rekrul's post, then this... man, it's all so crazy
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51699 Posts
October 20 2010 07:18 GMT
#4
Liquid`ElkY? :D
Commentator
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
October 20 2010 07:20 GMT
#5
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT ELKY?
hero33
Profile Joined December 2009
Canada122 Posts
October 20 2010 07:23 GMT
#6
On October 20 2010 16:20 iCCup.Raelcun wrote:
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT ELKY?


raelcun u dont even know who elky is .

Anyone can become famous, Just set urself on fire
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
October 20 2010 07:24 GMT
#7
NO thats me going OMFG Elky is playing? That's amazing
zerglingsfolife
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1694 Posts
October 20 2010 07:26 GMT
#8
lol. sc2 is like an old school SCBW renaissance. Really cool to see.
Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crown and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness.
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
October 20 2010 07:26 GMT
#9
Elky playing SC2. Why? He earns a lot more playing poker. Maybe he is doing it for interest and not for money.
hero33
Profile Joined December 2009
Canada122 Posts
October 20 2010 07:27 GMT
#10
On October 20 2010 16:20 iCCup.Raelcun wrote:
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT ELKY?


yes he plays starcraft raelcun

Anyone can become famous, Just set urself on fire
Ghardo
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Germany1685 Posts
October 20 2010 07:28 GMT
#11
The Elkynator himself.
NovemberZerg
Profile Joined July 2010
United States58 Posts
October 20 2010 07:28 GMT
#12
ive heard giyom aka grrrr.. was suppose to join oGs too? as he failed to qualify for 1st GSL. anyone know anything new?
oBlade
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States6574 Posts
October 20 2010 07:32 GMT
#13
I'm desperate to see Elky play.
"I read it. You know how to read, you ignorant fuck?" - Andy Dufresne
asdfVSqwert
Profile Joined July 2006
Germany174 Posts
October 20 2010 07:34 GMT
#14
On October 20 2010 16:26 LunarDestiny wrote:
Elky playing SC2. Why? He earns a lot more playing poker. Maybe he is doing it for interest and not for money.


Oh really? -.-

ofcourse just for the interest! he has millions of dollars...
1# Fan of myself
SwEEt[TearS]
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1575 Posts
October 20 2010 07:37 GMT
#15
On October 20 2010 16:28 NovemberZerg wrote:
ive heard giyom aka grrrr.. was suppose to join oGs too? as he failed to qualify for 1st GSL. anyone know anything new?


really offtopic but uhh

I was trying to find new info on this (Giyom joining oGs) and hmm

http://www.facebook.com/giyom1

Relationship Status: In a Relationship with Bertrand 'Elky'

I lol'd.
#1 arb fan -- Raelcun is Nuclear backwards. Rekrul is Lurker backwards. Grobyc is Cyborg backwards. Eniram is Marine backwards.
hero33
Profile Joined December 2009
Canada122 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-20 07:38:09
October 20 2010 07:37 GMT
#16

Well

Original Message From iCCup.Realcun:
oh ok i didnt want to look like fail on this thread

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From hero33:

old starcraft 1 pro i think
-----------------------------------------
Original Message From iCCup.Realcun:

who is elky?

User was banned for this post.
Anyone can become famous, Just set urself on fire
SwEEt[TearS]
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1575 Posts
October 20 2010 07:39 GMT
#17
On October 20 2010 16:37 hero33 wrote:

Well

Original Message From iCCup.Realcun:
oh ok i didnt want to look like fail on this thread

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From hero33:

old starcraft 1 pro i think
-----------------------------------------
Original Message From iCCup.Realcun:

who is elky?


hahaha

oh raelcun, where have you been...
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Elky
#1 arb fan -- Raelcun is Nuclear backwards. Rekrul is Lurker backwards. Grobyc is Cyborg backwards. Eniram is Marine backwards.
cYaN
Profile Joined May 2004
Norway3322 Posts
October 20 2010 07:41 GMT
#18
Interesting, thanks for translating. Seems lots of the oldies are coming back to check out the game.
JoxxOr
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Sweden1502 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-20 07:42:51
October 20 2010 07:42 GMT
#19
On October 20 2010 16:26 LunarDestiny wrote:
Elky playing SC2. Why? He earns a lot more playing poker. Maybe he is doing it for interest and not for money.


Yeah. There is a lot in life worth more then money and i'll guess starcraft 2 is one of them :D
Gör om, gör rätt
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
October 20 2010 07:51 GMT
#20
On October 20 2010 16:37 hero33 wrote:

Well

Original Message From iCCup.Realcun:
oh ok i didnt want to look like fail on this thread

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From hero33:

old starcraft 1 pro i think
-----------------------------------------
Original Message From iCCup.Realcun:

who is elky?


you're joking right?
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
CranKy Ducklings73
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
davetesta19
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O130
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9056
Artosis 659
GuemChi 395
ZZZero.O 132
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm201
monkeys_forever2
League of Legends
Doublelift6195
JimRising 399
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe62
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3817
Other Games
FrodaN2241
Liquid`RaSZi1888
C9.Mang0402
Livibee339
Maynarde167
Mew2King42
ArmadaUGS38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1198
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 137
• musti20045 34
• Sammyuel 29
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1461
• Scarra1171
• Shiphtur621
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 17m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.