• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:54
CEST 02:54
KST 09:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8688 users

[News] SK Telecom acquires Kwanro

Forum Index > BW General
342 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
September 14 2010 01:29 GMT
#1
[image loading]


SK Telecom acquired Woongjin Stars' Kwanro on the 14th in order to bolster their Zerg lineup. The trade is aimed to renew the atmosphere in SK Telecom by strengthening their weakest line up.

Kwanro was one of the two main Zerg players in Woongjin, with a 59% win rate on a 28-19 record. Kwanro's offensive style is hoped to revolutionize SK Telecom's zergline. Finally, because Kwanro was always a player who performed well against SK Telecom, SK Telecom now has one less player to worry about.

SK Telecom's manager Park commented that "By acquiring Kwanro, we gain a win card, someone who will energize SK Telecom's Zerg line", and that "Next season, we will take back the trophy that we have missed this season with a stronger SK Telecom team."

Meanwhile, Woongjin's manager Lee has said that "In order to balance our race lineup, we are currently looking to acquire a player of another race. While it's not quite certain yet, after we acquire the players, we will show a changed and a better Woongjin Stars"

Source: http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/view.daily?idx=32560
http://fomos.kr/




- What is it like to transfer to SK Telecom?
▲ I'm really worried to begin with, because I just transferred last season, and now I'm transferring again before this season starts. There are a lot of fans worrying about me, so I'm also feel a bit burdened. But I want to minimize how much things like that affect me so I've been paying all my attention to practicing. I think the fans will be happy if I quickly adjust to my team and show good results, since I did move to a good team.

- When did you join the team? How is the atmosphere?
▲ I joined them yesterday. I'm not quite sure of the team's atmosphere because I've only been there for a day. I like it because it looks like an atmosphere where everyone is trying hard.

- Your special mission is to resurrect T1's Zerg line.
▲ I don't think it's to 'resurrect'. I didn't think SKT Zergs were weak even before I transferred. The only thing that I'm thinking right now, is that since I have transferred, I want to make them into an even stronger race. Right now, they're considered weaker to the other race lineups, but with my transfer, I hope to make [SKT] Zerg just as strong as the other race lineups.

- Have you talked to Hyuk, s2, and soo?
▲ Because the team atmosphere is good, you don't need to worry. The Zerg players are very good, and there's a lot I need to learn from them. If we teach each one other and learn from one another, we will become even stronger and reap in good records.

- You have a lot of history with Hyuk. Do you have any interesting stories?
▲ I've had a verbal fight with him during an interview in the past, so there were a lot of people who were worried. But now, because we're now on the same team, there will be no problems. Hyuk didn't really say anything. Because he is 3 years older than me, I'm going to listen to him well.

- You are now active in the same team as Best, Bisu, and Fantasy
▲ All three players are T1's Ace players. I definitely think that they're players I could learn a lot from. Because we've all gotten to be in the same team, I'm going to live with them with the attitude that I'll try to learn as much as I can.

- What is the best part of switching teams?
▲ I'm still a bit dazed. I don't know what's especially good about it.

- You may have something to say to the people at Woongjin.
▲ They treated me really well for the past year. When I moved from CJ to Woongjin, I still got to see my old team often because we were in the same dorm, so it didn't feel like I had moved. But SK Telecom and Woongjin is pretty far away, so I'm planning on visiting them often during breaks and vacation. I'm really thankful that they treated me so well during that time. But now, since I've transferred, I'll try even harder in this place.

- What was the first thing the coaching staff emphasized?
▲ They told me that they would like me to get along and synergize with the teammates. This stuck to me, so I'll remember it as I live here.

- You'll now be active belonging to a new team. Do you have any resolution?
▲ I think there'll be a lot of people who will be very unfamiliar. First, I'm really sorry to my fans. I thought it'd be really good to stay active continually on one team, but I'm really sorry because the situation turned out this way. But because I'll do even better in the future, please cheer for me.

Source: http://www.fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=110541&db=interview

EDIT: Added comment from Woongjin's Coach
EDIT2: Added Interview from Fomos
Facebook Twitter Reddit
SkyLegenD
Profile Joined February 2010
United States304 Posts
September 14 2010 01:30 GMT
#2
HOLY MOLY!!!

KWANRO + SKT1 = WIN
"Victory belongs to the most persevering." - Napoleon Bonaparte
er.misrah
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States55 Posts
September 14 2010 01:31 GMT
#3
whattttt???? can't wait for the details thanks milkis!
Junkie Zerg
KristianJS
Profile Joined October 2009
2107 Posts
September 14 2010 01:31 GMT
#4
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!? This is HUGE.
You need to be 100% behind someone before you can stab them in the back
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
September 14 2010 01:32 GMT
#5
way to go kwanro! now you're the THIRD best zerg on your team!
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
September 14 2010 01:32 GMT
#6
i was hoping KT would pick him up... hoejja and yellow will have to step up.
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
The_Australian
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Australia458 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-14 01:45:28
September 14 2010 01:33 GMT
#7
Oh shi-

SKT finally to have a decent zerg? wonder if this will affect Hyuk or S2's play style, making them more aggressive.

EDIT: f5f5f5f5
"Nothing should be unstoppable when you see it coming...." - Boxer
quasar
Profile Joined August 2010
140 Posts
September 14 2010 01:33 GMT
#8
Kwanro sure loves changing teams!

And Kwanro is just what SKT needed to improve their zerg line.
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
Condor Hero
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2931 Posts
September 14 2010 01:35 GMT
#9
that eliminates hyuks last reason for existing
Prozen
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States338 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-14 01:35:48
September 14 2010 01:35 GMT
#10
Eh I'm still not convinced that Kwanro will help out SKT. SKT doesn't exactly have the best Zerg lineup, but Kwanro's not exactly the A level player that SKT really needs. Too much all in play from Kwanro imo, he needs to be consistent with his standard play.
To transcend beyond greatness, you must become greatness itself.
AleC
Profile Joined December 2009
332 Posts
September 14 2010 01:35 GMT
#11
OMG SICK
FBB gonna be kwanrollin PL
Tazza
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Korea (South)1678 Posts
September 14 2010 01:36 GMT
#12
Wow, this is a shock!
Terrakin
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1440 Posts
September 14 2010 01:36 GMT
#13
but...but why???
Fame was like a drug. But what was even more like a drug were the drugs.
n.DieJokes
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3443 Posts
September 14 2010 01:36 GMT
#14
That makes sense, I don't know why he ever went to Stars in the first place
MyLove + Your Love= Supa Love
kineSiS-
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Korea (South)1068 Posts
September 14 2010 01:36 GMT
#15
WHAT THE HELL? not really idc
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
September 14 2010 01:36 GMT
#16
oh wtf
Forever Young
nbtnbt5
Profile Joined March 2009
232 Posts
September 14 2010 01:37 GMT
#17
Wow, that makes SKT1 the best team in proleague then, doesn't it?
Yellow: "Well boxer's kind of a tool like that, wanting to bunker rush me all the time but hiding it behind all that deception."
SoJu.WeRRa
Profile Joined June 2010
Korea (South)820 Posts
September 14 2010 01:37 GMT
#18
loooooooool i dont know why
나를 찢어갈겨이씨발놈아왜나를미치게만들어니가뭘아는데?
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
September 14 2010 01:38 GMT
#19
On September 14 2010 10:37 nbtnbt5 wrote:
Wow, that makes SKT1 the best team in proleague then, doesn't it?

unless you think kwanro would have beaten flash on judgement day and then flash would have lost an ace match, i don't see how you can say that
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
Nemesis
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2568 Posts
September 14 2010 01:39 GMT
#20
WTF, now T1 is probably stronger than KT now having a solid lineup for each race
Lee Young Ho fighting! KT P are just CHINTOSSTIC.
1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings77
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
CosmosSc2 44
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1801
GuemChi 1608
Artosis 641
910 54
Bale 18
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm146
League of Legends
Doublelift3168
Counter-Strike
taco 32
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox283
Other Games
summit1g9031
shahzam628
JimRising 524
C9.Mang0346
PiGStarcraft332
Maynarde139
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick849
BasetradeTV200
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP71
• davetesta24
• Letter141
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 7m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
10h 7m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
23h 7m
Patches Events
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.