• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:01
CEST 10:01
KST 17:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9384 users

[Interview] Korean Air OSL 2 2010 Finals Winner!

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Smix *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States4549 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-11 18:56:11
September 11 2010 13:37 GMT
#1
As a fan who started watching broodwar through (T)Flash, this momentous day makes my heart swell indeed. He set a new record for most titles in one year (EVER OSL beating (P)Movie, HanaDaetoo MSL beating (Z)Jaedong, Bigfile MSL beating (Z)Jaedong, and this Korean Air OSL 2 beating (Z)Jaedong), beating (T)iloveoov who had the record from 2004 (HanaFOS MSL, SPRIS MSL, EVER OSL).

He's had a crazy season - In PL - Leader in Season Wins, Season MVP, WL Gold, Finals Gold, Finals MVP; MSL Gold, and now OSL Gold (and he may very well win WCG as well).

He's the 1st player in history to reach both individual league finals 3 times in a row.

He's the 2nd player in history to win both individual leagues at the same time (after (T)NaDa in 2002)

He's the 4th player in history to receive the Golden Mouse (after (T)NaDa, (Z)July, and (Z)Jaedong).

If all goes well he will be the player who has earned the most (around 500,00,000 Won) in a year after (Z)sAviOr's record of 400,000,000 won in 05-06 season.

He's been labeled Bonjwa in Korea.

This is Lee Young Ho.





[image loading]

[image loading]





(T)Flash, "My focus today was to follow my instincts"
"I'll convert to Starcraft 2 when the time is right"

[image loading]


Q Your feelings on winning?
A I’m so happy. Over all else, because I was able to win the Golden Mouse, I'm even happier. On top of that, because I was able to win on a foreign stage that was held in Shanghai for the first time, I feel like my happiness is two-fold.

Q You’ve played (Z)Jaedong in the finals quite often - practice must've been difficult.
A There was a lot going through my head, so rather than using some other strategy I wanted to stick to my original instinct and mainly go 1rax double cc. I was faced with 4 pool so I did face some difficulty but because my concept today was "follow your gut" I think I was able to overcome it.

Q The road to winning was very dramatic.
A When I was faced with 4 pool, even though I had an advantageous build I lost so I was really angry. However, after defending 4 pool successfully in the 3rd set I was able to regain my confidence. I think that's why I was able to focus well in the 4th set and win.

Q We heard you’ve done nothing but practice for 2 days.
A The place I was practicing was right at the heart of Shanghai so I was only able to look around a little bit before practicing the rest of the time. Today I slept a lot to regain my strength. I warmed up my hands once I got here too. I plan on focusing on touring Shanghai tomorrow since I won (laughs).

Q Your strategy for the 4th set was 5 rax.
A Because (Z)Jaedong used such fast strategies in the 2nd and 3rd set, I modified my original strategy as well. I initially planned on a slow, steady game but I didn’t want to lose to (Z)Jaedong in mind games. Because of this I used a 5 rax to mess up his timing.

Q With this victory, you’ve risen to Bonjwa status.
A Receiving a title like that is quite an honor but compared to the players who rose to that level before, I think I’m still lacking. Though it’s nice if fans call me that, I still think “Ultimate Weapon” is better and more appropriate for me right now.

Q You might meet (Z)Jaedong again in the WCG finals.
A Our team is going on a break soon. Earlier after the finals finished, (Z)Jaedong and I exchanged blessings saying “let’s meet in LA”. After our team gets back from Cebu (Philippines), I’ve planned to meet (Z)Jaedong personally and have a meal with him. As big of an honor as it is to represent our country, I’ll make sure (Z)Jaedong and I work hard together to advance to the high levels and if I do end up meeting him in the finals, I want to have another great match with him.

Q What if you meet someone other than (Z)Jaedong?
A If I meet another player, I always have full confidence that I can beat them. I want to be able to compete with other players and present better games to the fans.

Q The difference between Korean and Chinese fans?
A Korean fans know every single thing about me pretty well. However, while Chinese fans may not care about me as much on a personal level, I think they seem more passionate about my gaming. I think there is a difference there.

Q You’ve received the Golden Mouse. Your thoughts on the future?
A I’ve heard they give something else for a player who wins 5 times. I’m going to set that as my new goal and run towards it.

Q Your thoughts on attempting Starcraft 2?
A As of now, I don’t have the time to properly attempt Starcraft 2. I am following the news on Starcraft 2 and staying updated on it. Once the time is right, I guess I’ll convert but for now I have absolutely no thoughts on doing so.

Q You've earned a lot of money this year.
A I'm so happy I was able to earn so much; I plan on giving it all to my parents. In the future I'll get a real present from them like a car or something else.

Q Before the game you greeted the fans in Chinese a little bit.
A I thought it would be rude if I came to China and wasn't able to speak any of the language so I sent a request to the interpretors. I had it memorized all day but I guess I was nervous because I forgot it on stage (laughs). I prepared that for my Chinese fans. I said I was happy I could meet them like this and that I would definitely win the Golden Mouse.

Q It rained a lot.
A Before the games as I was trying to warm up my hands it was raining so hard so I was worried too. I'm not sure if the heavens helped but right before the games the rain just stopped. In more ways than one I think fortune was on my side.

Q How does it feel holding the Golden Mouse?
A It weighs less than I thought it would (laughs). Because I was able to follow the achievements of other players I respect, I'm really happy. In the past, I watched Nada earn his Golden Mouse like a dream, and now I'm holding it myself today.

Q Last words you want to say?
A My parents, the executive staff, teammates, and coaching staff - I'm so happy to be here together with you guys. I also want to say thank you to the fans who cheered for me in Korea.

source: daily esports combined with fomos




Extended interview with fomos additions~

Feedback always welcome and appreciated!

Congratulations to my boy.
TranslatorBe an Optimist Prime, Not a Negatron // twitter @smixity
XiaoJoyce-
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
China2908 Posts
September 11 2010 13:39 GMT
#2
Oh yea! Flash I love you~

One more Dual gold please!
Pew! Pew! Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
prosatan
Profile Joined September 2009
Romania9381 Posts
September 11 2010 13:39 GMT
#3
Great Interview Thank you !!
Lee JaeDong Fighting! The only church that illuminates is the one that burns.
Muff2n
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United Kingdom252 Posts
September 11 2010 13:40 GMT
#4
Thanks, I've been refreshing for this!

(damn I wanted to see 1 rax cc ah well)
J1.au
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia3596 Posts
September 11 2010 13:40 GMT
#5
I'm so happy for Flash. Thank you Smix!
_romantic
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States455 Posts
September 11 2010 13:42 GMT
#6
Thanks Smix! The part abt the Chinese fans was kind of interesting... hope that e-sports can finally make the jump into the mainland with this event
Jaedong beats other players. Bisu beats other players, in PL. Flash beats Starcraft.
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
September 11 2010 13:43 GMT
#7
Oh nice, the 5 rax was improvised? Angry cheesy Flash is the best Flash.

Thanks for translating!
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
SlayerS_BunkiE
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1717 Posts
September 11 2010 13:43 GMT
#8
It's confirmed then!! KT's going to Cebu!!!

grats flash
iloveby.SlayerS_BunkiE[Shield]
valaki
Profile Joined June 2009
Hungary2476 Posts
September 11 2010 13:44 GMT
#9
Q You’ve received the Golden Mouse. Your thoughts on the future?
A I’ve heard they give something else for a player who wins 5 times. I’m going to set that as my new goal and run towards it.

Yeah who cares about mere gold? Go for PLATINUM! Also, Bonjwa.
ggaemo fan
stambe
Profile Joined May 2005
Bulgaria498 Posts
September 11 2010 13:47 GMT
#10
Finally we have the 5th Bonjwa (Ultimate Bonjwa). Hell it was about time !!!
Valks rulzz
Invictus
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Singapore2697 Posts
September 11 2010 13:48 GMT
#11
He says hes going to convert to sc2 once the time is right.

Lets hope thats a long long time away..
Lee Jaedong Fighting!
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
September 11 2010 13:49 GMT
#12
thanks smix! oh man this bonjwaness is scary... I've been waiting for it for so long, but now it's just... blah. I might find a new favorite player. maybe.
Writer
drag_
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
England425 Posts
September 11 2010 13:49 GMT
#13
Q Your thoughts on attempting Starcraft 2?
A As of now, I don’t have the time to properly attempt Starcraft 2. Once the time is right, I guess I’ll convert but for now I have absolutely no thoughts on doing so.

Much as I like SC2, this made me so so happy.
Emon_
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
3925 Posts
September 11 2010 13:50 GMT
#14
Such a lovable guy. Congrats and best of luck in the future. Well deserved.

Thanks for the translation Smix!
"I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully" -GWB ||
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
September 11 2010 13:51 GMT
#15
Thanks for the quick translations Smix
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
mmdmmd
Profile Joined June 2007
722 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-11 13:53:31
September 11 2010 13:52 GMT
#16
Is he the 5th or the 6th bonjwa? I read from somewhere else that he and jaedong has both been declared as bonjwa.
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
September 11 2010 13:53 GMT
#17
INSANE! Poor JD, I mean his 4th set build order was really sick, too bad flash has maphack .
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
ellerina
Profile Joined April 2010
Philippines452 Posts
September 11 2010 13:55 GMT
#18
Congratulations Flash, you won this fair and square and it was well-deserved. Don't mind those who say otherwise.
Still round the corner there may wait , A new road or a secret gate /And though I oft have passed them by, A day will come at last when I /Shall take the hidden paths that run/West of the Moon, East of the Sun
bubblegumbo
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Taiwan1296 Posts
September 11 2010 13:56 GMT
#19
Flash is beyond Bonjwa. He is the Last Generation.
"I honestly think that whoever invented toilet paper is a genius. For man to survive, they need toilet paper!"- Nal_rA
.risingdragoon
Profile Joined January 2008
United States3021 Posts
September 11 2010 13:57 GMT
#20
OGN is sweating buckets now they actually might hafta come up with a platinum plated trophy.
......::::........::::........::::........::::........::::.......::::.......::::... Up☆MaGiC ...::::.......::::.......::::........::::........::::........::::........
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 1086
Larva 320
Stork 319
ggaemo 301
Leta 195
PianO 135
Hyuk 34
ZergMaN 23
yabsab 23
Bale 22
League of Legends
JimRising 461
Reynor93
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King182
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor846
Other Games
summit1g9669
C9.Mang0271
Sick181
PiGStarcraft150
ArmadaUGS54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick588
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream157
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2335
League of Legends
• Stunt509
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
1h 59m
Online Event
2h 59m
FEL
7h 59m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 59m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 59m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.