• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:03
CEST 20:03
KST 03:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10363 users

[Interview] OSL Ro16 Day 6 - Sea vs Hydra winner

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-13 18:11:00
August 13 2010 18:03 GMT
#1
Sea! cccccccccc

[image loading]


Q: You advanced on three wins.
A: A record of 2-1 would have meant playing more games and the possibility of elimination, so I was determined to win unconditionally. Tomorrow, I still have a game (T/N All-Stars and MSL), but I felt today’s game was more important, so I practiced hard and reaped the rewards.

Q: Your game’s most tense moment?
A: I went 8BB but didn’t gain much from it, so the situation was a little uncomfortable. I didn’t feel that way in the early game, but as the game progressed, that feeling grew stronger. Thank god my Spider Mines were placed well, so I ended up winning.

Q: You used a late-game mech switch.
A: Recently, Terran often utilizes this type of switch, especially me. It gives results, so I use it.

Q: You advanced along with Jaedong.
A: I suspect Jaedong will read this interview so I hope he will smile/laugh after seeing me win today. Tommorow I hope to play an impressive game. (T/N thanks jyLee)

Q: You and Jaedong will go to the Ro8.
A: Against Zerg, I feel like I must win, but against Jaedong, even a win is a hard-fought win. Until the last moment, I can’t be careless, and I need to display my utmost strength.

Q: Light’s TvZ is also excellent.
A: Light and I actually don’t share strategies (T/N he’s said this before). In fact, we actually share more with others. So our team’s Z players say we play very differently.

Q: Tomorrow, you’ll play in the All-Stars Match.
A: Tomorrow is actually the All-Stars AND MSL, so I didn’t really want to play in the All-Stars Match, but if the fans truly want it, I can’t say no. But playing in both matches is exhausting. Jaedong will also be in the All-Stars Match, but I won’t let myself care about that too much.

Q: Any final remarks?
A: Today, I was late. On the way here, I kept wondering whether it was actually Seoul. I left 40 minutes before the game, but every road I traveled was clogged, and it was really painful. I ended up getting off far from the stadium and running there. Don’t even ask about how I felt when I got to the stadium. I recently watched the movie “Uncle” (T/N anyone know what this is?) twice. Today, I’m going to ask my practice helpers Saint, Hyun, Revival, and Mvpzerg to watch a movie with me.

source: http://sc.plu.cn/note/2010-08-13/20807.html
Translator:3
jyLee
Profile Joined August 2009
United States350 Posts
August 13 2010 18:09 GMT
#2
Q: You advanced along with Jaedong.
A: I suspect Jaedong will read this interview, and I won against him, so I hope he smiles. I hope tomorrow I can play normal games (T/N confused at this part)


Sea: "이제동 선수가 아마 이 인터뷰를 볼 텐데 내가 승리해서 웃고 있을 거라고 믿는다. 내일 멋있는 경기 했으면 좋겠다."

Translated as "I suspect Jaedong will read this interview so I hope he will smile/laugh after seeing me win today. Tommorow I hope to play an impressive game.
quasar
Profile Joined August 2010
140 Posts
August 13 2010 18:10 GMT
#3
Sea is really on a huge hot streak. Hope he can make it to the semis at least !

Thank you for the translation
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
August 13 2010 18:10 GMT
#4
On August 14 2010 03:09 jyLee wrote:
Show nested quote +
Q: You advanced along with Jaedong.
A: I suspect Jaedong will read this interview, and I won against him, so I hope he smiles. I hope tomorrow I can play normal games (T/N confused at this part)


Sea: "이제동 선수가 아마 이 인터뷰를 볼 텐데 내가 승리해서 웃고 있을 거라고 믿는다. 내일 멋있는 경기 했으면 좋겠다."

Translated as "I suspect Jaedong will read this interview so I hope he will smile/laugh after seeing me win today. Tommorow I hope to play an impressive game.

Thanks, will put that in. KR->CN->EN lost something in there >.<
Translator:3
jyLee
Profile Joined August 2009
United States350 Posts
August 13 2010 18:25 GMT
#5
I recently watched the movie “Uncle” (T/N anyone know what this is?) twice.

Sorry missed this when I posted earlier. Its a movie called 아저씨 aka The Man from Nowhere aka Uncle as well. Pretty much an action flick along the lines of Taken and Man on Fire starring Won Bin.
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
August 13 2010 19:24 GMT
#6
Thank you for the translation. I hope he can take a title one of these days.
Doughboy
Profile Joined April 2010
United States721 Posts
August 13 2010 19:34 GMT
#7
Yay go Sea <3
"Don't be distracted by the what if's, should'ves, and if onlys. The one thing you choose yourself - THAT is the truth of your universe." Fav T: Sea, Leta, Really Fav P: Free, Snow Fav Z: ZerO, GGplay, Jaedong, Neo.G_Soulkey
matjlav
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Germany2435 Posts
August 13 2010 19:50 GMT
#8
Sea vs Stork should be an awesome matchup. I hope they both play really well :3

I'm glad he's playing TvP next round, because I've started to feel pretty guilty about rooting for Sea's abuse of mech switching
knyttym
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States5797 Posts
August 13 2010 20:04 GMT
#9
Sea in ro8 for both starlegues is awesome. I actually hope an mbc terran gets to at least one of the finals. They deserve it
Yxes2211
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1587 Posts
August 13 2010 20:24 GMT
#10
Lol Sea and Jaedong both have a caca schedule today that sucks but at least neither of them have any particular advantage in schedule XD
Jaedong and Baby
renchak
Profile Joined April 2009
209 Posts
August 13 2010 21:51 GMT
#11
Sea <3! I know you can win a league, and now is the time.
DemiSe
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
883 Posts
August 13 2010 21:58 GMT
#12
Sea is in the ro8 in both starleagues now right?
He have a good chance to make it to one of the finals. Go sea!
Thanks for translating.
Let's See Who's Stronger, Your Tricks, Or My Skills.
SubtleArt
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
2710 Posts
August 13 2010 22:06 GMT
#13
You and Jaedong will go to the Ro8.
A: Against Zerg, I feel like I must win, but against Jaedong, even a win is a hard-fought win.


Is it just me or has sea hinted at TvZ imbalance in his last 3 or so interviews? I remember before facing Jaedong he's like "Terran has the advantage against Zerg on a balanced map", and after beating him he's like "there isn't much zerg can do about the mech switch if the terran handles it properly".
Morrow on ZvP: "I'm not very confident in general vs Protoss because of the imbalance (Yes its imbalanced, get over it)."
Doughboy
Profile Joined April 2010
United States721 Posts
August 13 2010 22:19 GMT
#14
On August 14 2010 07:06 SubtleArt wrote:
Show nested quote +
You and Jaedong will go to the Ro8.
A: Against Zerg, I feel like I must win, but against Jaedong, even a win is a hard-fought win.


Is it just me or has sea hinted at TvZ imbalance in his last 3 or so interviews? I remember before facing Jaedong he's like "Terran has the advantage against Zerg on a balanced map", and after beating him he's like "there isn't much zerg can do about the mech switch if the terran handles it properly".


He also mentioned being able to get away with things do to his race's innate "fraudulence" lol
"Don't be distracted by the what if's, should'ves, and if onlys. The one thing you choose yourself - THAT is the truth of your universe." Fav T: Sea, Leta, Really Fav P: Free, Snow Fav Z: ZerO, GGplay, Jaedong, Neo.G_Soulkey
DarkMatter_
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada1774 Posts
August 14 2010 02:49 GMT
#15
You advanced along with Jaedong.


You and Jaedong will go to the Ro8.


...

Those guys need to learn how to do interviews. Only about 2 of those were actual questions.
Perguvious
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1783 Posts
August 14 2010 14:03 GMT
#16
On August 14 2010 11:49 DarkMatter_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
You advanced along with Jaedong.


Show nested quote +
You and Jaedong will go to the Ro8.


...

Those guys need to learn how to do interviews. Only about 2 of those were actual questions.

I like to think of it more as "say something on the following comment..."
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem532
IndyStarCraft 243
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 532
IndyStarCraft 243
Railgan 79
BRAT_OK 75
JuggernautJason29
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16131
BeSt 379
Soma 189
Mini 173
Dewaltoss 127
Mind 91
hero 61
Zeus 45
Hyun 40
ToSsGirL 25
[ Show more ]
Bale 20
NaDa 18
PianO 18
Rock 17
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4719
qojqva3038
420jenkins508
Counter-Strike
fl0m4082
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4840
Khaldor1297
Liquid`Hasu1070
MindelVK11
Other Games
FrodaN1720
B2W.Neo810
byalli421
Hui .178
QueenE78
Mew2King54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1144
BasetradeTV177
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
StarCraft 2
angryscii 15
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 31
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 44
• blackmanpl 23
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4015
League of Legends
• Nemesis2104
Other Games
• imaqtpie610
• Shiphtur294
• WagamamaTV230
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
57m
BSL Open Qualifier
57m
Replay Cast
4h 57m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 57m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
16h 57m
Monday Night Weeklies
21h 57m
Replay Cast
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 16h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.