• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:01
CEST 22:01
KST 05:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9669 users

[Interview] GSM Woongjin Stars vs CJ Entus Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-09 18:57:22
August 09 2010 18:56 GMT
#1
Winner: Woongjin Stars!

[image loading]
(Z)ZerO (left) (T)hOn_sin (right)
Zero: I have confidence that I can win against anybody right now


Woongjin Stars won their 2nd straight game in GSM 2010.

In the Stars vs. Entus match, hOn_sin and Zero each recorded 2 kills each to earn a victory for their team, Stars. CJ fought well with Effort recording 3 kills but Movie, [Hydra], and Snow each fell, resulting in a loss. As a result, Woongjin Stars will face WeMade Fox next.

Q&A:

- This is the 2nd straight victory for your team
hOn_sin: I feel great about the fact that we beat CJ. [In the regular season] we lost a lot of games to CJ. We actually lost [to CJ] in the Dream League too. My mindset was to just win the first set but I won two sets. It feels great.
Zero: It's very satisfying to realize that we're the first to win two in a row in this year's GSM. It's even better when I think about looking at the CJ van in [their] parking lot from our place.

- Thoughts on the 2-kill
hOn_sin: It's still unreal to me because those were my first wins in televised matches.

- How was the 3rd set match against Effort
hOn_sin: I wasn't really scared because our team's zergs are powerful [T/N: I think he means that he practiced against really good zergs so he wasn't scared]. I enjoyed the game as if I was learning the game from a better player.

- You probably have greater desire now to win more matches in this GSM
hOn_sin: Of course I want to win more. I don't think I prepared today's matches to my fullest. I will practice harder for my next appearance and try for an all-kill.

- Your momentum these days... scary
Zero: When I'm riding on good momentum, I'm not scared of anybody. There wasn't a lot of self-pressure and I knew I would win. Now is the right time - it's the OSL/MSL Ro16 season! [T/N: You will notice the sentence ends with '?' in the original article, but it makes more sense as '!' when translated to English.]

- The game against Snow was impressive
Zero: Besides the minor damage from early zealot-dragoon push, I think the game was well-played. I have great confidence in my vP abilities. Snow is a good player but I think our team's protoss players are better. It was rather a comfortable game.

- Have you thought about winning the GSM?
Zero: Because we failed to reach the playoffs in SPL, our mindset is to do well in GSM. Due to our team's poor results in past few seasons, our coach seems to have more wrinkles and white hair. We will make him young again by winning this tournament.
hOn_sin: I too, want our team to win the tournament. I'll do my best to play my part in it.

- You have an OSL match in the upcoming Wednesday
Zero: Judging based on my momentum right now, I should be able to reach Ro8. Still I will not let my guard down and play a solid game for the win.

- What kind of progamer do you want to be?
hOn_sin: I became a progamer because of NaDa. Like NaDa, I want to be a player that will be remembered for a long time.

- Next opponent is WeMade
Zero: Due to this league's format, one loss immediately translates into end of tournament, so I want to win tomorrow and continue our winning streak. No matter who I play in WeMade, I have confidence that I can win against anybody right now. Even for today's game, I practiced for all match-ups in all maps. I don't think WeMade is a tough opponent.
hOn_sin: It will be an honour to play against NaDa.

- Last words
hOn_sin: Not too long ago, (T)GanZi went to the army. He used to tutor me a lot so I want to thank him. Next week, (Z)Child will also join the army. I want to thank him too for helping me and I wish him all the best. More thanks for my parents for supporting me unconditionally. And still more thanks to my school teacher for his/her support. I was pretty nervous in today's matches but the two coaches helped me focus so I was able to play better.
Zero: Taking time to review what one's done in the past seems to be helpful. I want to take my time and do that. Actually, I have one person that should do just that. I hope he reads/sees this interview and feel better.

-----

Source: Fomos
- If Google Chrome keeps on hating this article, I'll remove the link...
[TLMS] REBOOT
night terrors
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
China1284 Posts
August 09 2010 19:00 GMT
#2
A new breed of chin arrives.
Through high and low, bisu boy, through high and low.
Realpenguin
Profile Joined December 2006
8253 Posts
August 09 2010 19:02 GMT
#3
On August 10 2010 03:56 OpticalShot wrote:
- Last words
hOn_sin: Not too long ago, (T)GanZi went to the army. He used to tutor me a lot so I want to thank him. Next week, (Z)Child will also join the army. I want to thank him too for helping me and I wish him all the best. More thanks for my parents for supporting me unconditionally. And still more thanks to my school teacher for his/her support. I was pretty nervous in today's matches but the two coaches helped me focus so I was able to play better.

Aw what, Ganzi is gone? Is he going to ACE?

hon_sin seems to love Nada, look at that inspiration :3 Hopefully he is the terran that the Stars need to win STX Masters (and Proleague, of course)

Thanks for the translation.
<Wolfpox> i remember when MVP beat that one guy, and everyone was like 'whoa' except that penguin dude.
Pads
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
England3228 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-09 19:16:43
August 09 2010 19:14 GMT
#4
(T)GanZi gone to the army. I wondered where he went. Went from sniping Jaedong to hardly appearing again. Does anyone know if he's going to be in ACE? Would love to see some more from him, he was one of my favourite players to watch replays off when I started bw.

edit: whoaaa, and look at that chin! geeeez.
#1 Kwanro[saM] fan!
Ruff
Profile Joined August 2006
Kazakhstan179 Posts
August 09 2010 19:58 GMT
#5
Zero!!
"Keep on dreaming, boy, cause someday you will shine" (Ogogo).
swanized
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada2480 Posts
August 09 2010 21:07 GMT
#6
ohohoh a stars terran with potential

proleague gold next year


and Zero not failing when under-pressure?

winners league gold AND proleague gold

that's right mah zeroboy
Writer
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
August 09 2010 21:16 GMT
#7
That match vs Snow was awesome, Zero is a roll.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
August 09 2010 21:30 GMT
#8
Holy cow, frog terran
▲ ▲ ▲
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
August 09 2010 21:49 GMT
#9
It's even better when I think about looking at the CJ van in [their] parking lot from our place.


Zero is sadistic.

Actually, I have one person that should do just that. I hope he reads/sees this interview and feel better.


Umm....who? Free?
TheNessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4158 Posts
August 09 2010 21:51 GMT
#10
Yay! Zero fighting!!!! hopefully i'll actually be able to catch some of his games at some point.

GOGO stars!
~~! youtube.com/xmungam1 !~~
KumquatExpress
Profile Joined October 2009
United States344 Posts
August 09 2010 21:55 GMT
#11
On August 10 2010 06:49 dukethegold wrote:
Show nested quote +
It's even better when I think about looking at the CJ van in [their] parking lot from our place.


Zero is sadistic.

Show nested quote +
Actually, I have one person that should do just that. I hope he reads/sees this interview and feel better.


Umm....who? Free?


Nah man, Kwanro. Dude's got that MSL silver shining in marquee lights.
Speedythinggoesin, speedythingcomesout.
Doughboy
Profile Joined April 2010
United States721 Posts
August 11 2010 16:44 GMT
#12
hm another woongjin terran with promise that's up in the air. Hopefully Stars won't have to take chances with their T, and are able to snag Leta :x . And man I hope ZerO keeps this up takes his first OSL gold :D
"Don't be distracted by the what if's, should'ves, and if onlys. The one thing you choose yourself - THAT is the truth of your universe." Fav T: Sea, Leta, Really Fav P: Free, Snow Fav Z: ZerO, GGplay, Jaedong, Neo.G_Soulkey
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O110
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason188
BRAT_OK 54
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15409
Artosis 791
Mini 252
ZZZero.O 110
Mind 76
Hyun 38
NaDa 25
Bale 21
Dota 2
qojqva2563
420jenkins586
League of Legends
Doublelift1897
Counter-Strike
Fnx 4
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5992
Khaldor1325
Liquid`Hasu1016
MindelVK12
Other Games
summit1g6586
FrodaN2131
B2W.Neo744
byalli303
ToD236
Railgan37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1299
BasetradeTV275
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
StarCraft 2
angryscii 34
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 36
• Adnapsc2 33
• Reevou 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 26
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• FirePhoenix9
• FT.aCt)Sony2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie926
• Shiphtur262
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 59m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
14h 59m
Monday Night Weeklies
19h 59m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 14h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.