• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:48
CEST 19:48
KST 02:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12479 users

[Interview] MSL Ro8 Day 1 Light v. Effort Winner

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Apex
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States7227 Posts
August 06 2010 05:40 GMT
#1
No picture at the moment because the right-click button for my computer is broken. Bleh. Will edit in the picture later.

Light: “I am happy to have a guardian angel”


You won with the final battle:
Originally, I had a build that I was practicing based on EffOrt’s playstyle but because the map didn’t really suit the build I was preparing, I felt pressured. With the current trend of late mechanic TvZ, I decided to try the build and I felt that it worked well. As I played, I again felt the power of the Zerg race.

The reason why Polaris Rhapsody didn’t fit your intended build?
Because the map did not have a lot of room for attacking purposes, I felt that the map did not suit me. I originally intended to go for a 2-starport Vessel build but it did not fit the map, so I opted for the late mechanic build. For the next match, I will practice more and create a unique/creative strategy.

There were points at which you were threatened…
I tried to block EffOrt from grabbing the 9 o clock expansion but he grabbed it anyways and I felt pressured. In addition, EffOrt was also using his zerglings extremely well so I felt the situation was dangerous. I felt like I was in a bad spot because EffOrt was trading his mineral-based units for my gas-based units.

How was facing EffOrt?

His multitasking skills are superb. While playing him, I felt he was truly an exceptional player.

You can meet Sea at the Semifinals.
A team-kill isn’t that bad. Whoever wins advances to the finals.

The “so-called” “Light’s girl” seems to be a popular topic being discussed.
I am happy that the fan is popular. However, during the T-shirt giveaway, I did not intentionally seek to give the t-shirt to that fan like people believe. It has not been long since the t-shirt giveaway event first started and sometimes a player gives out a t-shirt to his fans. All I did was seek a fan to give the t-shirt to. However, I feel bad because there were so many enthusiastic elementary school kids in front wanting the shirt and I ended up not giving it [the shirt] to them. (Laughs)

If you were to say one thing to “Light’s girl?”
I am grateful for your support. Kim Chul-Min (one of the MBCgame casters) said that you were a “guardian angel,” and I am happy to seemingly have one now. I will work hard to reach greater heights.

Source: http://www.fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=109550&db=interview&cate=001&page=2&field=&kwrd=
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
August 06 2010 05:43 GMT
#2
hehehe thanks I was just about to do this :D
Writer
hype[NZ]
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Japan412 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-06 05:45:17
August 06 2010 05:44 GMT
#3
On August 06 2010 14:40 Apex wrote:
No picture at the moment because the right-click button for my computer is broken. Bleh. Will edit in the picture later.


[image loading]


there you go
Apex
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States7227 Posts
August 06 2010 05:48 GMT
#4
On August 06 2010 14:44 hype[NZ] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2010 14:40 Apex wrote:
No picture at the moment because the right-click button for my computer is broken. Bleh. Will edit in the picture later.


[image loading]


there you go


Thanks a bunch! :D

hehehe thanks I was just about to do this :D


No problem. Figured you guys need the occasional break.

QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-06 05:55:25
August 06 2010 05:54 GMT
#5
Nice interview and thanks for translation. But one thing questions me a bit.... who is this so called "Light's Girl"?!?!?

Is there a pic of her?
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
Vibes
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany144 Posts
August 06 2010 07:48 GMT
#6
On August 06 2010 14:54 QuickStriker wrote:
Is there a pic of her?


wanted to ask the same question.
Just another Jaedong fanboy <3
Wings
Profile Joined January 2010
United States999 Posts
August 06 2010 07:59 GMT
#7
LIGHT GIRL??

pic plz.
The probability of Kim Carrier getting all those predictions wrong is similar to the probability Flash loses a TvT. Kim Carrier MUST BE a genius. His only big mistake... STORK.
JohnColtrane
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Australia4813 Posts
August 06 2010 08:11 GMT
#8
light sounds like a cool dude, thanks for the interview
HEY MEYT
Letmelose
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Korea (South)3227 Posts
August 06 2010 08:41 GMT
#9
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

I personally love the facial expression of that other girl in the third picture. Reminds me of a Warcraft 3 unit I can't seem to remember the name of.
TL+ Member
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
August 06 2010 08:48 GMT
#10
Light... not bad at all BRAH
KristianJS
Profile Joined October 2009
2107 Posts
August 06 2010 09:02 GMT
#11
Nice going with your guardian angel there, Light!
You need to be 100% behind someone before you can stab them in the back
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
August 06 2010 09:10 GMT
#12
Not a ten, but the girl ain't too bad looking. Gogo Light, you can do it!
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
nayumi
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Australia6499 Posts
August 06 2010 09:11 GMT
#13
holy shit Light

you might be invisible in starcraft but who the hell cares ... scoring chicks irl > golden mouse

Sugoi monogatari onii-chan!
Entropic
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2837 Posts
August 06 2010 09:13 GMT
#14
I remember Light was pimpin' after the game.
nath
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1788 Posts
August 06 2010 09:15 GMT
#15
On August 06 2010 18:13 Entropic wrote:
I remember Light was pimpin' after the game.

yeah man guardian angel be mad.
Founder of Flow Enterprises, LLC http://flow-enterprises.com/
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
August 06 2010 10:26 GMT
#16
On August 06 2010 17:41 Letmelose wrote:
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

I personally love the facial expression of that other girl in the third picture. Reminds me of a Warcraft 3 unit I can't seem to remember the name of.

the girl to the right in the last picture remeinds me of Kwanro :O

Thanks for interview, appreciated :D
In the woods, there lurks..
cascades
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Singapore6122 Posts
August 06 2010 10:41 GMT
#17
On August 06 2010 19:26 Iplaythings wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2010 17:41 Letmelose wrote:
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

I personally love the facial expression of that other girl in the third picture. Reminds me of a Warcraft 3 unit I can't seem to remember the name of.

the girl to the right in the last picture remeinds me of Kwanro :O

Thanks for interview, appreciated :D


I assume you mean the orc peon. Why is she called the GA? Shows up for every match or something?
HS: cascades#1595 || LoL: stoppin
chisuri
Profile Joined January 2010
Vietnam789 Posts
August 06 2010 11:09 GMT
#18
now I understand why they call her "angel".
Katsuge
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Singapore7730 Posts
August 06 2010 11:38 GMT
#19
lol the orcish girl looked like YUM BO SUNG
김태연 | 정은지 | 아이유 |  한효주 | 이민정 <3 -|||- 소녀시대 에이핑크 사랑해!
SneakPeek
Profile Joined April 2010
Philippines162 Posts
August 06 2010 13:53 GMT
#20
On August 06 2010 17:41 Letmelose wrote:
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

I personally love the facial expression of that other girl in the third picture. Reminds me of a Warcraft 3 unit I can't seem to remember the name of.


dang!!! thats one cute guardian angel... hope everybody has one!! =p
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1006
TKL 371
IndyStarCraft 255
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1006
ByuN 404
TKL 371
IndyStarCraft 255
Reynor 167
BRAT_OK 36
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 50637
Calm 2712
Shuttle 436
actioN 160
firebathero 120
Mini 62
Mong 38
soO 21
Rock 18
Aegong 15
[ Show more ]
Pusan 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc10975
Counter-Strike
fl0m5862
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2175
Liquid`Hasu392
MindelVK13
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1974
FrodaN1252
Beastyqt742
B2W.Neo702
Mlord518
olofmeister479
Khaldor468
KnowMe314
crisheroes176
Livibee167
ToD80
Mew2King76
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick387
BasetradeTV167
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 35
• Adnapsc2 13
• Reevou 4
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach72
• Azhi_Dahaki19
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV497
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1597
Other Games
• imaqtpie677
• Shiphtur655
• tFFMrPink 8
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 13m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 13m
OSC
5h 13m
Replay Cast
5h 13m
OSC
18h 13m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.