• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:27
CEST 01:27
KST 08:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War685.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12362 users

[SC2 Spoiler] Son, I am disappoint

Blogs > BluzMan
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
BluzMan
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Russian Federation4235 Posts
July 28 2010 13:53 GMT
#1
I do like the game, no matter what you might think from the thread title. But some shit is downright ridiculous.

Monday evening, launch party. Obviously, I'm a normal working person, so I don't get to spend the night with geeks and children, and but in on Tuesday instead. However, I got abit nostalgic, and instead of getting a digital download copy (like I should have) I bought a retail box. Who doesn't love shiny boxed filled with random shit? 30 bucks for a 1-year playtime isn't too bad either.

Anxious, I come home. Clearing up 10 gb of space wasn't really that easy, but I do it in a breeze and launch the installer, expecting to play the game in approximately 15 minutes.

"Fuck you, Mr. BluzMan".

The game installs itself for more than a hour explaining various shit I already know in a bad russian voice. Finished? Hell no, please wait 20 minutes more patching. Meanwhile (important!) I connect my B.net account to my game's CD-key.

Next step - the loading screen. Not that the main menu loads slow, but it sure gives me an excellent experience compiling some maps. It's several more minutes. Finally I load the menu, press 'Connect' and I'm told that I don't own a copy of StarCraft II. Marvelous! But sir, I really do!

"Fuck you, Mr. BluzMan"

Ok, I'm a tech guy. I know how to fix stuff in some cases. After googling for solution I notice a guy with the same problem who fixed it by changing his password. This is absurd, but it works, I'm able to login.

I will later return to my experience with the game, but my experience with my changed B.net account can be best characterized as disenchanting. Do you still remember that I bought the game for $30? I can upgrade my account to "Full version" for a small price of $50 more. I slowly realize that I've been fucking robbed, what an idiot. Afaik, in US you can buy a normal lifetime access SC2 for $50 total, correct me if I'm wrong. Well, there ain't any opportunities to buy a retail "Full" SC2 in Russia. Not at all. Now the "budget" price policy for Russia aimed at people who can't afford buying a game for $50 is in fact a robbery, because in the end, you will have to pay $80 and there's no way to avoid it.

But can I at least get rid of the shitty translation? I did it for StarCraft, I did it for Diablo II, I should be able to do it with StarCraft II, right?

"Fuck you, Mr. BluzMan"

Downloading game clients in Russia is restricted to russian localization. Checkmate. Moreover, I have a russain client already registered, I can't just unregister it (well, no, in fact I think that if I offer Blizzard free $30, they will surely take it despite the rules). I'm stuck playing a shitty localized version for a year until I will have to pay the full $80 price of the wonderful gaming experience. Only hope left is cross-region play.

But is the shit worth it? When I first played SC, I had a Pentium 60. Even though that mighty machine was below SC's minimum system specs (P-90), I've never experienced any problems other than a slight lag in 800/800 team melee games. I've never had any performance issues with Diablo II, nor WarCraft III. StarCraft II, on the contrary, is SLOW. The game freezes for a few seconds here and there, I get choppy animations, somewhat unresponsive controls and "You've got a new achievement!!!" messages flooding my screen. Tolerable? Well, maybe. Maybe I'm somewhat wrong completing missions on Veteran in 10 minutes, I should play worse, but after that 10 minutes elapse, I have to watch at a loading screen for Hyperion for 3 minutes and 3 minutes more for the new mission, that's 60% the time of actual playing. After mission 5 or 6, the loading screen progress bar never managed to finish and I went to sleep. I can't prove I've seen it, but I'm under strong impression that that loading screen had a hidden text layer with "Fuck you, Mr. BluzMan" on it.

Conclusion:

I'm being treated like shit. Repeatedly. Even though I'm a paying customer. The game itself is nice, but getting to play it is a nightmare both with Activision lurking behind every corner and 1 gigabyte of mem in the swap file.

Unless you really love SC and can't survive without playing SC2 or unless you're living in US and own a top-end gaming rig, I would seriously recommend against buying SC2 in the near future until things settle down. I hope they will, but signs tell it that the Blizzard of old is long long gone.

***
You want 20 good men, but you need a bad pussy.
Tropics
Profile Joined August 2007
United Kingdom1132 Posts
July 28 2010 14:01 GMT
#2
sounds like your pc sucks, that's not something you can really blame on blizzard

the password change shit is nothing more than a mild annoyance, the only legitimate complaint in this post is the price.
guN-viCe
Profile Joined March 2010
United States687 Posts
July 28 2010 14:09 GMT
#3
hehe nice story..

there is a writeup in the main sc2 forum that fixes the lag from your gpu overheating, as that may be the problem with your lag

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=120860
Never give up, never surrender!!! ~~ Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Sagan
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
July 28 2010 14:10 GMT
#4
Your computer blows
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
July 28 2010 14:15 GMT
#5
Lol I love the title "Son, I am dissapoint" made me think of a dad facing his son and telling him that he is a failure.
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
July 28 2010 14:17 GMT
#6
Wow, Blizzard is treating other regions like second class citizens.
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
BluzMan
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Russian Federation4235 Posts
July 28 2010 14:35 GMT
#7
On July 28 2010 23:09 guN-viCe wrote:
hehe nice story..

there is a writeup in the main sc2 forum that fixes the lag from your gpu overheating, as that may be the problem with your lag

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=120860


It's not the GPU, it's mem most likely. I "only" (lol!) have 2 gb and the game is swapping 1 gb.

It's eating 1 gb of raw memory and 1 gb of swap. I fail to see how that complies with the 1 gb total in the system requirements.
You want 20 good men, but you need a bad pussy.
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
July 28 2010 14:37 GMT
#8
On July 28 2010 23:15 GreEny K wrote:
Lol I love the title "Son, I am dissapoint" made me think of a dad facing his son and telling him that he is a failure.


....

That's kinda the point? Did I just take the bait?
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
July 28 2010 14:47 GMT
#9
On July 28 2010 23:15 GreEny K wrote:
Lol I love the title "Son, I am dissapoint" made me think of a dad facing his son and telling him that he is a failure.


It's actually a 4chan meme.
Moderator
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
July 28 2010 15:53 GMT
#10
I don't mean to be rude but it sounds to me that while I do disagree with some of the new pricing in places like Russia the problems you seem to be having ignoring dubbing and translations you don't like(I have not seen it so I can't judge too well). The big issue you have is more then likely running on your end, it may be time to upgrade the PC. I had a install time of about 15 minutes and 5 minutes of patches *shrug* Hope you find solutions to your problems soon though.
-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
Musoeun
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States4324 Posts
July 28 2010 16:04 GMT
#11
The only thing I can confirm from all this (living in the US, I got the actual game, not some 1-year localization nonsense) is that basically if your computer doesn't have a dedicated graphics card you're screwed, no matter what your other specs are.

Which honestly is in line with the minimum specs on the game box, but also sucks, both for casual gamers like myself in general, and in comparison to SC:BW which could run on a microwaved brick.

(The game does *run*, but you're stuck with lowest settings and slightly degraded frame-rates.)

If you're on a network, the constantly-connected thing just makes it worse.

On the other hand, the game itself is awesome.
Don't Shoot the Penguins. | Dance, 성은, dance! | Killer FanKlub | Action sucks. | Storm Terran hwaiting.
LittleMikeStarCraft
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada120 Posts
July 28 2010 17:39 GMT
#12
You own a computer that is below specs? So do I-- I stream live video, and also record using software.. and have very few issues.

Also-- blame your country, not Blizzard. Either way-- I always like to hear a good rant thread, even if they anger isn't always justifiable.
10% of the time, I am awesome.
T0fuuu
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Australia2275 Posts
July 28 2010 18:08 GMT
#13
yeahh. It was pretty gay. Dont upgrade ur accnt. Cos the espansion will prolly be out ina yr anyways.

i finished he campaign on hard and it didnt count cos achievements were offline.
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
July 28 2010 18:21 GMT
#14
I know what you mean about the slow thing man. I played 1, count it, ONE game of Beta... and I just couldn't stand the low FPS. T_T I only have a laptop for gaming, and it's a pretty decent one with like 3 gigs of ram, 4ghz dual core processor, and all that stuff... but no dedicated graphics card Because of that, I can't even run SC2 in fear of lag and low FPS rate. T_T I want to play SC2 too...
darkness overpowering
viscral
Profile Joined February 2010
United States45 Posts
July 28 2010 18:41 GMT
#15
Bummer about your price issues. Something got lost in translation. Currencies vary around the world...and I'm sure Jim Raynor isn't speaking in Russian Voice. I guess in Russia, game play you.

SC2 does possess a very mild hiccup in occasional loading sequences. With all that's going on in these hard veteran missions, the sheer amount of mission content running... and an old computer with arguably lower performance than a custom built rig...you see, right there. A console would never run this. Even I had to tweak my graphics settings lower than what I can do well in multi-player back in beta.

My fav, its all the old school map exploring gameplay, just like when I was like 14 playing Orcs and Humans...Sigaty is the man. SC2 NA client for the win.Sorry for your trouble tho!

This, is PC. Gaming.
....whew. Breathless. Fun stuff.
TyPsi5
Profile Joined May 2010
United States204 Posts
July 28 2010 22:00 GMT
#16
build a new computer. 500 beans and you can play on ultra all day
flyinfart
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States95 Posts
July 28 2010 23:44 GMT
#17
So you are poor, have an out of date computer (2gigs is standard for a web browsing computer these days, not a computer you play video games on), and bought the single player mode of the game because it was cheaper. Tough luck, /b/rother.

Why the fuck was this posted on the front page???
deL
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Australia5540 Posts
July 29 2010 00:26 GMT
#18
On July 28 2010 23:01 Tropics wrote:
sounds like your pc sucks, that's not something you can really blame on blizzard

the password change shit is nothing more than a mild annoyance, the only legitimate complaint in this post is the price.

And then that's no complaint because it's the asking price for the version here in SEA regions, and was even before we got the perk of US access (a necessity more than a bonus mind you).
Gaming videos for fun ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/WijLopenLos
Soap
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Brazil1546 Posts
July 29 2010 02:24 GMT
#19
Eh, should have checked beforehand if it would run smoothly. If your computer is above system requirements and your country have good consumer protection, consider making a complaint.

We also have that distinct pricing and I find it awesome. Anyone who knows gonna play longer may purchase the digital version or have the box shipped overseas. Helps much on introducing people to the game, however...

Only thing that pisses me off is the localization. Looks like it was done by professional translators, not someone who cares for the game. Things like "terranos" sound so stupid I'd do everthing to not play in portuguese.
Hynda
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden2226 Posts
July 29 2010 02:34 GMT
#20
How anyone can blame blizzard on this matter is pretty astounding.
First complaint, His computer blows. This is Blizzards fault how? My computer isn't super great and I can manage to squeeze out ultra on all settings in singleplayer with only having a minor lag as the map loads up.

Second complaint: It's in Russian. It's Blizzards fault that they cater to people that doesn't speak English very well shame on them! It's all their fault that he didn't get a English version of the game, they should have called him up and made sure he wouldn't make this misstake.

Third complaint: The price. I'm sorry but Blizzard isn't making any extra dime of you paying 80 bucks for this, they are getting the exact same value for each copy while the retailers are the ones pocketing the extra money. They did not make up some kind of Russian-tax just to piss you off.

Also complaining about something as minor as a really really minor launch day bug is just silly.
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
CranKy Ducklings37
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
davetesta11
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O118
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9542
Artosis 722
ZZZero.O 118
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm183
League of Legends
Doublelift5580
JimRising 353
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe15
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4075
Other Games
summit1g9430
FrodaN2209
Liquid`RaSZi1894
Livibee457
C9.Mang0413
Maynarde157
ArmadaUGS42
Mew2King42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1183
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 136
• musti20045 32
• Sammyuel 29
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1567
• Scarra1243
• Shiphtur628
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 33m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.