• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:16
CEST 22:16
KST 05:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8522 users

[R] Troubleshooting SC2 Patching

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Sequence
Profile Joined June 2010
7 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-29 10:45:03
June 29 2010 10:43 GMT
#1
Hope this is in the right place on the forums. If not feel more then free to move it or delete it. Also hope you guys don't mind a troubleshooting post.



First thing I suppose I should say is that I have posted this on the blizzard forums without much success. I hate bothering you for tech support but. well here i am.


Problem:
I'm working off a freshly reformatted hard drive. Downloaded SC2 from battle.net. Installed. The patcher shows patch 15 with play lit up but it hasn't downloaded any previous patches.
Now when I click on sc2 icon it does not show a loader and the play lit up but it just goes straight to the game.
I know I don't have the patches. (any patches at this time for that matter)
I want the patches installed prior to the game coming back online.


(Yes I've attempted the patch FAQ Sticky on the Blizz Site..)

What I've Tried:
1) Reformatting my computer (long reformat option, not quick format)
2) Made sure that IE Explorer connects to the internet, toggled lan settings, no proxy.
3) I attempted the manual patching prior to reformatting but when i finished that I tried to test it out by attempting to play several different games and maps from the camp. editor, all games said failure to launch game.

My computer: Fresh format of winxp, Firewall off, haven't installed antivirus. No reason to believe I have a virus in the first hour after a format.

Question: Is the patch server down and thats why? or do I need to spend some time looking into port forwarding on my router and other fun stuff. Note: I did have the beta up and running prior to the june 7 shutdown. decided to do some modding so I could play against some AI and thats where the trouble began. I have reformatted since then.


Help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. I'm posting this before heading into work so I won't respond until tonight.
Nyx
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Rwanda460 Posts
June 29 2010 10:54 GMT
#2
I've had the same problem, somebody on the US server said they downloaded the client from Battle.net recently and it was pre-patched, so I imagine the patches just don't exist anymore and Blizzard hasn't put up the patched EU client.
Syph
Profile Joined June 2010
Australia12 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-29 11:12:49
June 29 2010 11:09 GMT
#3
I wouldn't even bother, the second phase will hopefully be starting soon, so your going to have to download the new phase of it.

You can download the patches sepretly from the launcher I don't have the site for it but just search in google Sc2 patch downloads, all you need to do is extract it into the Starcraft 2 folder C:/ProgramFiles/Starcraft2 etc..then just open up your Sc2 exe it will then start the launcher it will skip the download method and go straight to installing it.

I hope that is awnswer you were looking for other then that I can't help you.

But if I did manage to help then iv done my job, Good luck

-Syph

Edit: My bad I dident read the whole post, so I dident see the part about you already trying to manualy patch it, sorry

But my mate had the exsactly same problem I'll ask him the next time I see hi
.
Here to help
Deleted User 72834
Profile Joined April 2010
247 Posts
June 29 2010 12:02 GMT
#4
--- Nuked ---
mofoo
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Sweden96 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-29 12:08:41
June 29 2010 12:05 GMT
#5
Here are my experiences: Had to buy a new computer. Used the installer from my old computer and did this manual patching.

patches for PC (EU)
http://patches.lordaeron.org/sc2beta/pc/enGB/

From this thread:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=132185

"For each file in each patch, do the following:

1) Move/copy the file to the Support folder in your install folder.
2) Rename it to sc2-patch.MPQ
3) Run Blizzard Updater.exe
4) Delete sc2-patch.MPQ."

Part from above instructions, I had to move the file "Battle.net-patch.MPQ" in C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II Beta\Battle.net to my new installation, otherwise I couldn't start SC2. (patching was looping)

To apply patches I used this little bat-file:
(I have all patches in separate folders (Updates1, Updates2 etc..) 1 through 16, you need to change folder names..)
+ Show Spoiler +

ECHO OFF
for /f "usebackq delims=|" %%f in (`dir /b "C:\Users\mofoo\Desktop\sc2-patch\Updates"`) do (
copy "C:\Users\mofoo\Desktop\sc2-patch\Updates\%%f" "C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II Beta\Support\sc2-patch.MPQ"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II Beta\Support\Blizzard Updater.exe"
del "C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II Beta\Support\sc2-patch.MPQ"
)

SC2 will change my life!
Uranium
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1077 Posts
June 29 2010 14:41 GMT
#6
I downloaded the beta recently and it was not pre-patched.... it was patch 0. And the patch server IS down. The game won't even start 75% of the time, and when I can get to the login screen, attempting to log in won't get me the latest patch either.

I am going to redownload again today and see if it has been updated to the latest version.
"Sentry imba! You see? YOU SEE??!!" - Sen | "Marauder die die!" - oGsMC | "Oh my god, she texted me back!" - Day[9]
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
June 29 2010 15:10 GMT
#7
I've been trying to manually patch all morning so that I can get some practice in, and mofoo's post has been the most helpful thing so far. One question, when I manually upgrade to patch 9 will it install the galaxy editor? Without the editor (open map, ctrl f9 to test) I can't play custom maps because when I try the drag and drop on the starcraft 2 launcher, the game crashes while loading.
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Sequence
Profile Joined June 2010
7 Posts
June 29 2010 21:41 GMT
#8
I guess I'll just wait for phase 2 to begin and pray it magically fixes itself then. Thanks for the help all im glad to know im not the only one with issues w/ the game right now :D
mofoo
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Sweden96 Posts
June 29 2010 22:51 GMT
#9
On June 30 2010 00:10 thrawn2112 wrote:
I can't play custom maps because when I try the drag and drop on the starcraft 2 launcher, the game crashes while loading.


Does the loading bar show loading progress? If not, you are missing some file that you need to transfer from old installation. (that is how I found out that I needed that battle-net.MPQ file)

Yes, patch 9 holds map editor.

If you launch starcraft2.exe, does it try to patch? (if so, how does it fail? Endless patch loop?)

Tip: Use my script to run through all patches. To do it manually is a bitch..



SC2 will change my life!
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 576
ProTech146
UpATreeSC 82
ZombieGrub60
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15324
Calm 2782
Mini 250
Mind 76
910 69
soO 38
Dota 2
Gorgc6539
monkeys_forever76
canceldota57
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4089
Other Games
fl0m1740
summit1g1040
FrodaN820
olofmeister697
Beastyqt628
Liquid`Hasu352
Livibee214
C9.Mang0182
IndyStarCraft 141
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 8
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 36
• FirePhoenix13
• Michael_bg 1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2881
• WagamamaTV409
Other Games
• imaqtpie931
• Shiphtur672
• Scarra521
• tFFMrPink 14
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 44m
Big Brain Bouts
13h 44m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
20h 44m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
22h 44m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 13h
Patches Events
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.