• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:24
CEST 00:24
KST 07:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8984 users

Team Melee Mini Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 22 2010 03:41 GMT
#34
Of that list, the only people I dont know are storm and durak, im very certain the others are very active
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 22 2010 04:17 GMT
#37
Indeed, I was mafia, so I didn't feel the need to be too active with crate and darth running around willy nilly.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 22 2010 05:44 GMT
#43
Something tells me we won't have alot of inactivity this game, and I don't think letting 3 player teams have a safeguard against lynching because they have a much less likely chance of being inactive, but rather that people on tri-teams will get lazy in their posting. Dual-teams are more likely to give better results as they have more weight. But I see what you are saying, I'd just like to not discriminate in that regard.

I think it's fairly silly to also not lynch ace for the sole reason of getting the DT role alot. Roles are random, so he has as much chance as anybody. But I'd rather not lynch competent people either. Mafia will do that for us >

Not really inclined against anybody at the moment, so I'll wait to see what comes out of the woodwork. Not that I'm really expecting much to happen on the first day when there is absolutely nothing but a person's history to go by.

I'm not going to be lynching my own teammate thank you very much.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 22 2010 16:22 GMT
#61
Im offended by your statement!

We should really get this show on the road as to who are candidates for lynching. I dont feel comfortable just resting my vote on someone who Im not even 50/50 on. But we cant just let ourselves get swayed so we should start deciding soon. Im not sure whether having alot of different people under two red roles is good or bad, as they can spread enough while still stacking a bit with not mch consequence, but then again, we can take the direction a team is going and question them. I'd think teammates would be fine disagreing on points and not hinder the town in certain places, but we should be wary of a DT team trying to play off a rolecheck without getting mafia suspicion. If we even have one

So this doesn't happen I'd suggest a DT team to gather two rolechecks and publicly post the info on the third day, or as soon as they find red. The medic would protect the proclaimed DT baring a roleblocker for as long as possible. I dont think mafia can chance publicly faking DT with only 2 reds in the game, so trading a DT for 1 red would help alot. I think checking a town would be relatively useless as PMs are banned, so try to check legitimately suspicious teams. Id think this game will be very down to the wire if there are no blues and a half decent mafia squad. Otherwise we have have a really good chance with proper analysis.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 22 2010 17:22 GMT
#73
Yeah, even if you are blue keep posting. Its very difficult to make headway as an active mafia as you inevitably try to screw with the town protecting yourself or teammates. Last game, we tried everything in our power to be as green as we could, but jst having one little fluke set us all back. And we didnt and somewhat couldnt take advantage of the power we did have, as being mafia requires being alot more far sighted then the town, because of the severe number disadvantage. So town can afford to make really instant decisions to flush out someone who has laid plans long term. Mafia has to genuinely not care about winning to fit in with not just a townie's purpose, but also a unimportant vanilla townies mentality, which would put them into the pawn to be killed for the good of the town persona. Mafia cannot replicate that role.

Make yourself expendable
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 22 2010 17:22 GMT
#74
Yeah, even if you are blue keep posting. Its very difficult to make headway as an active mafia as you inevitably try to screw with the town protecting yourself or teammates. Last game, we tried everything in our power to be as green as we could, but jst having one little fluke set us all back. And we didnt and somewhat couldnt take advantage of the power we did have, as being mafia requires being alot more far sighted then the town, because of the severe number disadvantage. So town can afford to make really instant decisions to flush out someone who has laid plans long term. Mafia has to genuinely not care about winning to fit in with not just a townie's purpose, but also a unimportant vanilla townies mentality, which would put them into the pawn to be killed for the good of the town persona. Mafia cannot replicate that role.

Make yourself expendable
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 22 2010 17:28 GMT
#77
God damn phone. The anal spamming doesnt help us :/
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 22 2010 17:37 GMT
#79
Flamewheel can put a the town list in the OP of the vote thread? it would make life easier for me, and I dont want to get in trouble. Sorry yellow but your looking pretty viable for a first lynch as of now...

and no "I know im not mafia therefore I am not mafia" logic please lol

Still not going to bandwagon just yet from a team who has that cheezenoodle guy on it
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 22 2010 19:28 GMT
#99
I dare you cheezenoddle. Your Yoda mind games wont work on me *stink eye*

by night three, mafia has a little less then 50% chance of hitting a a blue if there is one , and considerably higher chance if there are two. In other games I would advise a lategame strategy, but this game should be shorter then usual. The only reason I appear scummy is that I responded to your assumptions of who should be lynched based on the amount of people in each team and whether or not to lynch certain people based on what roles they have gotten previously. Lynching by posting history is a far superior plan then this.

DT cant rolecheck a townie and then PM them, right? So the only use os knowing a regular townie for the public is that it's one less person we'd mistaken lynch. And the only way that would be revealed is if a DT would sacrifice himself... because if we have a medic and a DT then they have a RBer and thats a dead DT, (therefore a DT should only reveal with a mafia in his hand). Then the townie would be an easy target later but there is still the medic.

I just put my vote for yellow as a placeholder until a better candidate comes up, which will be most likely some inactive he hops on a BWagon late with no excuse I guess.

Please keep you vote on me yellow if you are mafia, because that makes it easier for the town if I get lynched. If you back off, I'll gladly take my heat off you and let the majority decide. I'm ready to die cheezenoodle.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 22 2010 19:36 GMT
#101
Aw it looks like I copied radfield boooo you stole my thought process.

And durak I sure am being mysteriously silent to hide my batman persoan you + Show Spoiler +
SCOMBO
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 22 2010 20:22 GMT
#108
Your basis for voting me off is for disargeeing with you about taking completely chance based guesses and suggesting an "awful" DT plan? Please clarify why it is awful, as I think a DT for one mafia in this game is preferable.

And it hasn't even been close to 24 hours yet, with 48 hours til verdict, correct? People have jobs and lives, and if I did not have this phone I wouldn't have been able to make more then 2 posts since the game started.

I do agree with korynne that all this blame is a bit quick, and from yellows history, he makes very randomly good and then inocous posts. I'd much rather find some glaringly obvious lurker, but we'll have to wait.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 22 2010 20:42 GMT
#123
This seems to have escalated above us yellow, lets go into a hidey-hole and wait for the whole thing to blow over
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 23 2010 01:27 GMT
#172
I'm revoking my vote on YellowInk and going with my teammate here. Team 7 is really inactive/low-key. Team 8 is a little more active a least, and now BB is back apparently.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 23 2010 02:24 GMT
#196
On June 23 2010 10:45 Durak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2010 10:13 L wrote:
So, here are our main options being discussed:

1. Radfield and Korynne
2. Bill Murray and Chezinu
3. LaXerCannon and bumatlarge
4. Ace and DarthThienAn
5. Durak and YellowInk
6. L and Caller
7. Nikon, Zyrre, and meeple
8. Stormtemplar, johnnyspazz, and BrownBear
9. DCLXVI, MooCow and Divinek

Who is this clown? You go afk all day, come back, and make some ridiculously biased "summary" post.

First of all, you say "our main options" as if you're some authority. You haven't said anything in this thread to separate you from anyone else. In fact, you've just kept under the radar.

Second of all, your bolded choices are biased. Your first post in this thread, before anything began, accuses 2 and 8. You repeated the same people in this post even though they have been discussed relatively little. Rather, people have pointed their fingers at you.

Give me some analysis or I don't see any reason to listen to you. You're talking bigger than you have shown.


Stick it to the man! Not voting for this bad-ass thats for sure
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 23 2010 02:36 GMT
#205
The emotions coming out now is fantastic, I love the drama.

And whos to say durok here isnt some mastermind himself? Until I've gotten to know someone through my own experience with them, you really can't make too many judgments about them. Give him a shot to earn his spurs, then ask who the fuck he is.

I'm making a list and I'm checking it twice. Too bad Laxer is asleep or busy, I dont think he'll be as fun to watch as the previous game, where he was in full bloom of his potential joshin ya laxer. Anyone want some alcohol induced analysis? Spell-check is cool. That is all.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 23 2010 02:39 GMT
#207
On June 23 2010 11:32 LaXerCannon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2010 10:16 LaXerCannon wrote:
I've just noticed Team 7 has 5 posts to split among the three of them or 4 posts to split between two of them since meeple's gone until tomorrow. That's definitely something to consider and is the reason why I'll be voting for them.

I'm going to go over the thread again because the arguments got pretty messy IMO.


Oh god, I just read over the thread twice and I can't seem to make out anything past the initial YI and Bumatlarge argument. I'll give it another stab tomorrow when my mind's less...scrambled.


I lied! Reading back on what I wrote, I think I should proofread more. I convey the ideas so poorly, no wonder Ink thinks (lol) Im sketchy. Bill Murray's sig is awesome.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 23 2010 03:29 GMT
#228
On June 23 2010 12:05 DarthThienAn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2010 12:00 L wrote:
Hum? I don't find anything wrong with you using team strength as a basis for your ideas. I personally just don't like that argument, because as far as I know, the setup's random, so I personally will refuse to use that as a source of my reasoning ^^.
I have a few pre-game pms from certain people that make me believe otherwise, but I might be inferring a bit too much out of a bit too little. Either way, seems like a relatively prudent point to make.

Unless I'm just trying to pressure your team into posting more, amirite? Then I'm all kinds of ballsy.


You do it your way, I'll do it mine =P.

And I don't mind that. I'm here anyway zz. On another note, I don't think anyone's responded to my first post directly -_-.


If I may say so, it was very incriminating

But a nice chocolate sundae of what people are doing so far since the day dawned.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 23 2010 04:45 GMT
#262
On June 23 2010 13:42 L wrote:
... That's retarded.


It's perfectly fine, the only downside would be a disagreement with your own teammate, thus splitting it into smaller fractions. But they did sign up later, and no one on 3man teams has complained. Are you going to complain for them?
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 23 2010 05:13 GMT
#279
Maybe they got two different PM's by accident %D
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 23 2010 16:01 GMT
#321
There seems to be little flak going around in general, Im looking at my previously poor constructed posts and people notice but they didnt really pressure me for clarification on where I was going with it. I saw L make a comment about Darh and Ace already having enough content to judge them by.

Its not necssarily the same as inactivity, or even quantiy of posts. For instance Radfield has barely posted, but you can get substance from his posts and get a clear position on his stance. Most of what I have posted is roughly the same as him, but garbled up and repeated (I blame the habit that when im using this small-ass keyboard I post like Im texting -_- and you dont think twice about it)

So if you haven't, make a clear vivd 5-7 line paragraph on what you think is important, if you have not posted substance yet. Check it as if you were handing in an assignment, so we can see your opinion clearly at least. I guess people yellow and darth have pointed out should go ahead and try it. Plus it's nice to see a fresh personality's take on things.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O161
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 514
ZZZero.O 161
Hyun 92
Dota 2
monkeys_forever265
League of Legends
Doublelift3745
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5283
Liquid`Hasu496
Other Games
summit1g11984
FrodaN1542
JimRising 264
KnowMe263
Livibee193
ViBE41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick721
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 130
• Adnapsc2 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra901
Other Games
• imaqtpie1092
• Shiphtur568
• tFFMrPink 6
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 36m
Patches Events
16h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 36m
OSC
1d
OSC
1d 13h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.