• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:03
CEST 10:03
KST 17:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8981 users

[Interview] OSL Prelims - Group R, L, T

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Nal_rAwr
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2611 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-12 03:18:35
June 12 2010 00:18 GMT
#1
Group R

+ Show Spoiler +


(T)Sea

[image loading]

- Your thoughts on making it past the preliminaries?
▲ I failed to qualify 3 times and I am finally in on the 4th try. I feel great.

- You said you'd try your best so you could watch the World Cup in peace. Is the motivation for your wins coming from soccer?
▲ Before, the atmosphere wasn't that great, but recently I've been preparing hard so that I could watch the World Cup without any burden. Originally, I was reading soccer articles once every hour, but it feels like I've been reading every six hours. [T/N: I don't really understand this, my korean sucks ;d]

- You only met Terrans.
▲ The maps were Terran-favored, so I had lots of confidence going into the games.

- There is still the Wild Card tournament left. [T/N: I guess these interviews were all done right after groups, before the WCT]
▲ Since these games are going to be broadcasted, I think this is going to be more exciting. The results aren't that important, but I think if I play fun games, the fans will be happy. Since I will get to be playing more skilled players in this exciting WCT, I feel great and excited.

- You keep dropping out near the Ro16 all the time in the individual leagues.
▲ I am determined to make it further this time, and am focused only on doing my best to win. I'm still haunted by my memories of the Ro16, but I feel like I can get rid of my bad thoughts and play well.

- Any last words?
▲ I've made it past the preliminaries, and I'm determined to show my best form. My very first trip outside of Korea was to Singapore, in the third grade. My first plane flight was on Korean Air, and I remember when I was sitting on the seat, I saw a game attached in front of me and I was like "WOW!" This is how much I want to win this OSL. [T/N: Ehh still better than google]

Source



Group L

+ Show Spoiler +


(Z)Hyuk

[image loading]

- You've qualified for the third time.
▲ Since this was the Korean Air OSL, I really wanted to advance. I saw last season's finals, and was very impressed, so I really wanted to advance this time.

- You've been performing very well recently.
▲ I'm not sure why, but I've been winning a lot recently. Yesterday, I got a bad cold and caught gastroentiritis. I had explosive diarrhea all night, and was feeling really terrible. Still, I feel satisfied with my performance today.

- Did you have any particularly difficult games?
▲ No they were all EZ

- NaDa was in your group, and people expected you to play him.
▲ People predicted NaDa to pass, but inside I knew Neo.G_SoulKey had a better chance.

- How do you expect to do in the Ro32?
▲ Honestly, right now I feel like I can win no matter who I meet. However, I feel uncomfortable with Pure. I met Pure twice in the Ro32 and dropped out both times. But, since then when I rode a rollercoaster, I feel like I overcame this "curse."
(Upon being told Pure got seeded into the Ro16)
▲ I am very relieved I don't have to meet Pure again.

- In a little bit, the Wild Card tournament will start.
▲ Honestly, I feel very confident I can win right now, despite who I am going to be playing against.

- Any final words for this season?
▲ This time, I will make the Ro16 no matter what. My only short-term goal right now is to get in, and then I will set more goals for myself.

Source



Group T

+ Show Spoiler +

(P)free

[image loading]

- You've qualified (for the first time?) for the starleague.
▲ I'm not really thinking about the Ro32 right now. I've gone further into the leagues before, and it's too early to be celebrating.

- How were your games today?
▲ Match Point and Fighting Spirit are played a lot in Proleague, so I was fairly confident. However, I didn't practice much on Great Barrier Reef, so I thought if I prepare hard for this map, I would definitely be able to pass. (T)PuMa prepared an all-in strategy, so I was able to win with ease.

-
▲ After winning the first game, I got impatient and wanted to hurry up and win the second game. However, after losing, I got scared of the thought of failing to qualify, but I was comforted by the thought of the fans.

- There were no ties in the starleagues recently.
▲ I didn't know it was this hard trying to get far into the starleagues. As I was playing today, I thought about how I never qualified when all you have to do is beat two people. I promise I will never fail to qualify for a starleague again.

- How did you feel seeing your team mates qualify?
▲ In the starleagues, the MSL does not differ much from the OSL. I'm never able to qualify for the OSL's, but I seem to pass easily in the MSL's, so I was not too worried. When ZerO talked about how he liked one of the StarGirls, I laughed and felt a lot better *laughs*. My primary goal right now is to get into the Ro16, and my secondary goal is to get to know the StarGirls better *laughs*. Since I was able to qualify, I feel determined to accomplish my goals.

- Any final words?
▲ A few days ago, we had a celebration in the Woongjin house with barbecue and fruits, and I ate a great meal. I was able to play well because of my fans who were sad when I lost and complimented me when I won. In order to continue to receive support, I promise I will do my best to get further into the tournament. I was planning on meeting with Nal_rA (ftw) after the matches, but I regret I was not able to. I wish him good luck and hope he stays healthy as he goes off to the military.

Source
Nony is Bonjwa
Ethelis
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2400 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-12 00:23:14
June 12 2010 00:19 GMT
#2
+ Show Spoiler +
First!


Glad to see Hyuk playing well......at least showing solid macro. If Sea didnt pass.....

- You've been performing very well recently.
▲ I'm not sure why, but I've been winning a lot recently. Yesterday, I got a bad cold and caught gastroentiritis. I had explosive diarrhea all night, and I was feeling really terrible. Still, I feel satisfied with my performance today.

....
Disabled gamer - Diamond 3 (LoL) D+ Rank scrublord on BW. Bisu doesnt need DTs, He uses probes. just ask Flash.
dani_caliKorea
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
730 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-12 00:33:28
June 12 2010 00:31 GMT
#3
On June 12 2010 09:19 xMiragex wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
First!


Glad to see Hyuk playing well......at least showing solid macro. If Sea didnt pass.....

- You've been performing very well recently.
▲ I'm not sure why, but I've been winning a lot recently. Yesterday, I got a bad cold and caught gastroentiritis. I had explosive diarrhea all night, and I was feeling really terrible. Still, I feel satisfied with my performance today.

....


its correct. the literal translation of 폭풍 설사 is Storm Diarrhea... Makes me think of (Z)YellOw
StripedBlueCrow
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States506 Posts
June 12 2010 00:44 GMT
#4
On June 12 2010 09:31 dani_caliKorea wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2010 09:19 xMiragex wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
First!


Glad to see Hyuk playing well......at least showing solid macro. If Sea didnt pass.....

- You've been performing very well recently.
▲ I'm not sure why, but I've been winning a lot recently. Yesterday, I got a bad cold and caught gastroentiritis. I had explosive diarrhea all night, and I was feeling really terrible. Still, I feel satisfied with my performance today.

....


its correct. the literal translation of 폭풍 설사 is Storm Diarrhea... Makes me think of (Z)YellOw


Damn! He's not shy one bit!
Ransom notes keep falling out your mouth.
Nal_rAwr
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2611 Posts
June 12 2010 01:07 GMT
#5
fuck ya done with Free's

enjoy
Nony is Bonjwa
RandomAbuse
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
187 Posts
June 12 2010 01:14 GMT
#6
Hyuk

Did you have any particularly difficult games?
▲ No they were all EZ

Lol Hyuk being the baller as usual
Kawatan wrote: "Defilers are mid units".
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
June 12 2010 01:40 GMT
#7
Hyuk is on the rise, folks!

Hell yeah!

Sea and Free = :3
Nickosha
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States35 Posts
June 12 2010 01:43 GMT
#8
On June 12 2010 09:19 xMiragex wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
First!


Glad to see Hyuk playing well......at least showing solid macro. If Sea didnt pass.....

- You've been performing very well recently.
▲ I'm not sure why, but I've been winning a lot recently. Yesterday, I got a bad cold and caught gastroentiritis. I had explosive diarrhea all night, and I was feeling really terrible. Still, I feel satisfied with my performance today.
....


I seriously laughed out loud at that, too. Hahaha
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-12 02:04:52
June 12 2010 02:04 GMT
#9
i edited the title name for spoilers
edit: and i failed editing your post to fix the spoilers t.t
Commentator
Ethelis
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2400 Posts
June 12 2010 02:06 GMT
#10
On June 12 2010 09:31 dani_caliKorea wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2010 09:19 xMiragex wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
First!


Glad to see Hyuk playing well......at least showing solid macro. If Sea didnt pass.....

- You've been performing very well recently.
▲ I'm not sure why, but I've been winning a lot recently. Yesterday, I got a bad cold and caught gastroentiritis. I had explosive diarrhea all night, and I was feeling really terrible. Still, I feel satisfied with my performance today.

....


its correct. the literal translation of 폭풍 설사 is Storm Diarrhea... Makes me think of (Z)YellOw


Hyuk......

Storm Diarrhea Zerg?
Diarrhea Zerg?
Disabled gamer - Diamond 3 (LoL) D+ Rank scrublord on BW. Bisu doesnt need DTs, He uses probes. just ask Flash.
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9828 Posts
June 12 2010 02:51 GMT
#11
Yeeaaah hyuk! Way to be baller and get a wildcard placement! Make skt proud!
boomer hands
Rainmaker5
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States1027 Posts
June 12 2010 02:59 GMT
#12
Poor Nal_rA
(-_(-_(-_(^_(-_(-_(-_-)_-)_-)_-)_-)_-)_-) CJ Fighting! "Beer -> soju -> whisky is a terrible build"~~ Scrarecrow.
Ryhn
Profile Joined February 2010
United States509 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-12 03:19:05
June 12 2010 03:04 GMT
#13
What's with Zergs and getting Entiritis?

First Jaedong, now Hyuk.

Clearly it only targets the most baller of Zergs though.
Famous Books Written by Progamers - "Clam: Mastering your other self"
red_b
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1267 Posts
June 12 2010 03:26 GMT
#14
On June 12 2010 12:04 Ryhn wrote:
What's with Zergs and getting Entiritis?

First Jaedong, now Hyuk.

Clearly it only targets the most baller of Zergs though.


I bet it's bitter protoss players poisoning the food.

Well I wish they would have interviewed nal_ra regardless of who won group T though.
Those small maps were like a boxing match in a phone booth.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
June 12 2010 06:29 GMT
#15
Not even Storm Diarrhea can stop Hyuk.
Moderator
KnightOfNi
Profile Joined December 2007
United States1508 Posts
June 12 2010 07:19 GMT
#16
Action and Really interviews pl0x
RIP eSTRO :(
KristianJS
Profile Joined October 2009
2107 Posts
June 12 2010 07:20 GMT
#17
Burst out laughing at how candidly Hyuk declared his bout of explosive diarrhoea. What a baller.

Thanks for translating!
You need to be 100% behind someone before you can stab them in the back
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-12 07:36:05
June 12 2010 07:35 GMT
#18
On June 12 2010 12:26 red_b wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2010 12:04 Ryhn wrote:
What's with Zergs and getting Entiritis?

First Jaedong, now Hyuk.

Clearly it only targets the most baller of Zergs though.


I bet it's bitter Bisu poisoning the food.

Well I wish they would have interviewed nal_ra regardless of who won group T though.


Fixed :p
Fan of the Jangbanger
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
June 12 2010 09:17 GMT
#19
Fuck yeah, exactly Free all you have to do is beat two people ezpz

<3
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech148
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 372
Leta 307
Dewaltoss 112
sSak 58
Killer 51
Bale 36
Aegong 32
NotJumperer 32
actioN 30
ZergMaN 30
[ Show more ]
Noble 13
yabsab 11
League of Legends
JimRising 533
Reynor49
Counter-Strike
byalli106
Other Games
summit1g10419
olofmeister733
Happy265
Sick199
crisheroes43
KnowMe42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick765
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos640
• Stunt471
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 58m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2h 58m
Monday Night Weeklies
7h 58m
Replay Cast
14h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 2h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.