• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:56
CEST 17:56
KST 00:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7209 users

[Interview]CSL+ GF: Waterloo

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
monkxly
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada241 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-10 09:12:58
January 01 2010 00:33 GMT
#1
[image loading]

[CSL] The Final Countdown
University of Waterloo SC Team

Time: Sunday Jan. 3rd 8pm EST

Casted by: Day[9]


[image loading] Xeris_CoRa < Heartbreak Ridge >[image loading]uw)assault

[image loading]Xeris_Xeris < God’s Garden > [image loading]uw)Gerbil

[image loading] Xeris_RandomKr < Neo Medusa >[image loading]uw)antimage

[image loading] Xeris_Jaeyun < Ride of Valkyries > [image loading][uw]..master

[image loading] Xeris_Cheese < Outsider > [image loading]uw)jackass

[image loading] Xeris_jeesu < Shades of Twilight >[image loading]uw)monk

Closer: Destination

[image loading]

uw)Jackass: UCSD you can trashtalk but we can't cuz we have our own dignity.

+ Show Spoiler +
1) Tell Us A Little Bit About Yourself
I am a nice person with sexy looking. I'm not jackass

2) How Do You Feel about CSL so far? (Both as a team and your own performance) What was your most memorable game?
My memorable game was vs Princeton. The reaver drop was alot faster than i thought
but I pulled it off


3) How do you feel towards your match in the grand finals?
Very good. Can't wait to play

4) Any Comments on the BM by UCSD?
UCSD you can trashtalk but we can't cuz we have our own dignity.


5) Any other comments you want to make to the sc community as a whole.
hmmyahmmya - that's the sound of me having orgasm


[image loading]

uw)Antimage: My opponent talks a lot of shit, but i guess that'll just make it even more fun for me to trash him.


+ Show Spoiler +
1) Tell Us A Little Bit About Yourself
1) I'm a third year accounting & finance student at the University of Waterloo. Been playing Starcraft on and off for maybe 6 or 7 years, and my friend told me about CSL and the Waterloo team probably just a month or month and a half ago. Been brushing off the rust since then I also used to play War3 Ladder (750 win icon over 5 years with a sexy ratio, woot~), and interestingly enough, my clan was mainly based at Waterloo too, one of who was a WCG champ. Played a good amount of dota too hahah

2) How Do You Feel about CSL so far? (Both as a team and your own performance) What was your most memorable game?
2) This team is amazing. I haven't had so much fun playing Starcraft with a bunch of people. I've really enjoyed playing and practicing with all my teammates, and I'm glad CSL gave me this opportunity. Waterloo made it a lot farther than I think anyone would have expected, and I'm happy to see it through in the end =) My most memorable game? I played one game for CSL, and was really rushed for time as my friend was waiting for me, so none at the CSL really =P It'll be the next one

3) How do you feel towards your match in the grand finals?
3) PvZ is always fun, because they can gay you with hydras, ling all-in, mutas, or lurks. So protoss players: every time you beat a zerg player, it's like you just beat them four times over because of all the retarded things they could have done to you :D. My opponent talks a lot of shit, but i guess that'll just make it even more fun for me to trash him.

4) Any Comments on the BM by UCSD?
4) It's all in good fun - not taking it seriously at all.

5) Any other comments you want to make to the sc community as a whole.
5) 1a2a3a4a gg


[image loading]


uw)Master:If I practise hard with Jackass, I will feel the game like playing with D/D+ player.
+ Show Spoiler +
1) Tell Us A Little Bit About Yourself
Hello. My name is Sungyoul Kim and I am a 2nd year Computer Science student in UW.

2) How Do You Feel about CSL so far? (Both as a team and your own performance) What was your most memorable game?
Awesome. Our team had pull out a great result and it is really exciting to prepare for Bo7 GF.
I believe we could come this far since every team member has made a great effort.
I think I did show okay performance this time.
Fortunately(or unfortunately), I mostly played against ace players: JF, Freaky, Assem, zchen..etc.
Through that, I got 3 wins and 3 losses and I think it is not bad.
And this time I play against Jaeyun(I don't know if he is good but UCSD ppl say he is the ace).
My most memorable game is the game against Assem.
He was the toughest opponent throughout the season and the day before I lost to him on ladder
(i lost 1/2 of probes by a single mine at the beginning).
And, I should have pulled out a win since if we bring it to the ace match, the result would be very uncertain(Masterasia is A- zerg).
So, I was really happy to win the game and it is the most memorable.

3) How do you feel towards your match in the grand finals?
I feel very confident toward my match since we have great zergs in our team, especially our B+/A- zerg Jackass.
If I practise hard with Jackass, I will feel the game like playing with D/D+ player.

4) Any Comments on the BM by UCSD?
As they do more BMs, it just seems like they are more afraid. And it looks very cute to me.
So I don't really care about their BMing.

5) Any other comments you want to make to the sc community as a whole.
I really appreciate the appearance of CSL in North America.
I believe it connects North American SC community and it is truly delivering big pleasure to all sc fans.
I hope CSL to grow more so more ppl could have more fun.

Thank you. XD
UW Fighting !


[image loading]


uw)Gerbil: Just don't bring my mother into this, or question my sexual orientation and we're good ^^.
+ Show Spoiler +

1) Tell Us A Little Bit About Yourself
My name is Adam Venis. I'm in first year at Waterloo, studying math and business. I got into starcraft around grade 10, when I would play friendly games with my friends. I wanted to be the best in our group, so I started looking online for strategies, and thus found Teamliquid.net. Since then, I've been playing pretty consistently for like an hour a day on iCCup, 99.5% of the time with zerg, and with a high rank of C+ last season.

2) How Do You Feel about CSL so far? (Both as a team and your own performance) What was your most memorable game?
I was pretty excited to hear about CSL that would be starting right when I started at university, because it's always fun to play important matches with people of similar skill level. The Waterloo team has consistently impressed me with their results, and it has motivated me to try as hard as possible not to let them down. My most memorable game was vs Joseph Liu of McGill, in the first round of the playoffs. Joseph went to the same highschool as me years ago, and in practice games his winrate against me was just about 100%. I wanted to show him how I improved, and I did, winning a very intense game on RoV ZvP, with mass hydras/lurkers/drops against a sair reaver with carrier transition.


3) How do you feel towards your match in the grand finals?
At first I thought 3 weeks was too long to wait for the grand finals, but by now I really appreciate it. I've been using absolutely all of the time given for practicing, strategizing, and planning with my teammates. UCSD is a strong team, obviously going undefeated in the playoffs. But I think Waterloo will be their biggest challenge yet, as we have also come a long way, and our team dynamic has improved drastically. Personally, my match is against Xeris_xeris, Which I think is fairly even skillwise, and thus will be decided by the degree of preparation and quality of strategies used. I'm really looking forward to it, with anxiety, and motivation-spurring nervousness.

4) Any Comments on the BM by UCSD?
BM is all in good fun, most of the time. the UCSD people are good guys, and i think it makes the match more hyped and grudge-based. I do think they should keep the insults starcraft based though, (randomkr can't beat D+ newbies as seen on his iccup record LOL!). Just don't bring my mother into this, or question my sexual orientation and we're good ^^.

5) Any other comments you want to make to the sc community as a whole.

Thanks for supporting CSL, thanks for watching, and check out the finals! And finally, above all, I will try my best to create great games.


[image loading]


uw)Assault: I started playing sc competitively about 5 months ago when I was D/D+, and my highest rank now is B-.

+ Show Spoiler +
1) Tell Us A Little Bit About Yourself
My name is [redacted], I'm going into 2B comp science at UW. I started playing sc competitively about 5 months ago when I was D/D+, and my highest rank now is B-. I have no intention of slowing down, at least until SC2 comes out.

2) How Do You Feel about CSL so far? (Both as a team and your own performance) What was your most memorable game?
I'm quite happy with our UW team, it's nice to see that we have at least a half-dozen members who are in close contact and play just about every day. That dedication certainly contributed to our ongoing success.
As for myself, I play several hours a day, which probably accounts for my quick improvement. I take the CSL games fairly seriously..once I know my opponent, I don't play any other matchup or any other map until the game is over.
My most memorable game was probably when I played masterasia. He is an A- zerg, and so I didn't think I had much chance. To top it off, I had the flu that weekend, so I wasn't even sure if I was going to play. However, I decided to go for it, and I was quite happy with the result


3) How do you feel towards your match in the grand finals?
I don't think mine or any other match is going to be easy in the grand finals. I haven't really played HBR before, so I've had to learn and practice it the last couple weeks. In any case, although ZvP is probably my best matchup, we'll see how it plays out when the time comes.

4) Any Comments on the BM by UCSD?
I don't think anyone is taking it very seriously. I met with some of the UCSD team on ICCup and they were pretty nice to me But in general, the team that isn't trash talking usually ends up winning.

5) Any other comments you want to make to the sc community as a whole.
Just enjoy the games on january 3rd, 8pm. I believe day9 will be casting them on livestream. Don't forget to make some SC-related new-years resolutions.


[image loading]


uw)Monk: UW team is just warming up, as our skill level is starting to sky rocket.

+ Show Spoiler +

1) Tell Us A Little Bit About Yourself
Hi my name is Steve Xian. I am a 2B Computer Science Student at University of Waterloo. One of my recent CS achievements include innovations in comet-based web techonology and is currently in use by various companies. I started playing SC about 3 years ago, and have been hooked ever since. (BTW the picture is actually dalai lama, not me)

2) How Do You Feel about CSL so far? (Both as a team and your own performance) What was your most memorable game?
CSL is definitely a great experience for me. I love to bring together a team of people passionate about the same goal. My most memorable game was UW vs GT where i faced yonghee(T). Despite rigorous preparation for that game. That game was one of the worst games i've played, and it revealed many faults in my play. Due to that game, I was able to improve rapidly as a player, and i think that's why it was the most memorable.

3) How do you feel towards your match in the grand finals?
I'm cautious about all the possible builds my opponents can do against me. ZvZ is a very volatile matchup such that worse players have a good chance of winning vs better players. I am definitely prepping hard for this matchup.

4) Any Comments on the BM by UCSD?
We be like homies.

5) Any other comments you want to make to the sc community as a whole.
Keep watching the CSL and UW. UW team is just warming up, as our skill level is starting to sky rocket.

stay tuned....
get a spire
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
January 01 2010 00:35 GMT
#2
what the fuck, lol!
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
monkxly
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada241 Posts
January 01 2010 00:36 GMT
#3
i know, i save my work in case of crash

me a computer guy :D
get a spire
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
January 01 2010 00:59 GMT
#4
=D! great stuff
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
Nal_rAwr
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2611 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-01 01:01:57
January 01 2010 01:01 GMT
#5
i got my goon attack, you noobz is whack, face it the [wu] is back!

seriously that should be your theme song

i mean uvic made a song

and thats from uzi by wu tang clan
Nony is Bonjwa
lIlIlIlIlIlI
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Korea (South)3851 Posts
January 01 2010 16:40 GMT
#6
--- Nuked ---
ghostWriter
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3302 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-01 17:50:38
January 01 2010 17:17 GMT
#7
JUsT AS WATERLOO WAS THE HARBINGER OF NAPOLEON's DOWNFALL, SO TOO SHALL IT BE FOR UCSD.
Sullifam
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
January 01 2010 19:01 GMT
#8
On January 01 2010 09:33 monkxly wrote:
So protoss players: every time you beat a zerg player, it's like you just beat them four times over because of all the retarded things they could have done to you :D. My opponent talks a lot of shit, but i guess that'll just make it even more fun for me to trash him.

Hah. Go Canada!
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
cakemanofdoom
Profile Joined September 2009
336 Posts
January 01 2010 19:28 GMT
#9
...No terrans?
d3_crescentia
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4054 Posts
January 01 2010 20:07 GMT
#10
On January 02 2010 04:28 cakemanofdoom wrote:
...No terrans?

csl has sadly too few terrans

but I agree, this is ridiculous >_>
once, not long ago, there was a moon here
monkxly
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada241 Posts
January 01 2010 22:10 GMT
#11
honestly our team just found 2 b lvl terrans

we couldn't bring them out this season cause we found them during playoffs

look forward to a more balanced uw sc team next season
get a spire
DarthThienAn
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2734 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-01 22:49:44
January 01 2010 22:49 GMT
#12
On January 02 2010 05:07 d3_crescentia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2010 04:28 cakemanofdoom wrote:
...No terrans?

csl has sadly too few terrans

but I agree, this is ridiculous >_>


I don't see the problem with not having terrans ^_^

also, center with "center" inside []'s and the do the typical [/center] to close. Like any other BB code tag, but with "center" as the ... keyword I guess you could say.

Edit: Forgot to say, great interviews =]
www.cstarleague.com | Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
BanZu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3329 Posts
January 01 2010 22:53 GMT
#13
D/D+ to B- in 5 months? WTF lol
Sun Tzu once said, "Defiler becomes useless at the presences of a vessel."
zeks
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Canada1068 Posts
January 01 2010 23:30 GMT
#14
^ i vouch for that

i was beating on assault in late August when I was a D+ player

now i dont even want to touch him

inspired me now i got C-
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
SteadfastSC 141
Rex 45
UpATreeSC 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34587
Calm 3412
Shuttle 2272
Jaedong 1759
Mini 625
Horang2 623
EffOrt 501
Stork 317
Soma 316
Rush 282
[ Show more ]
Larva 256
Soulkey 254
ZerO 219
BeSt 207
Snow 162
firebathero 109
Mong 106
Zeus 96
910 78
hero 77
Mind 67
sorry 52
Hyun 42
Free 38
Shinee 38
Sharp 35
ToSsGirL 28
Yoon 28
Shine 26
PianO 25
Killer 24
Aegong 23
JYJ 21
Bale 19
Terrorterran 19
Sexy 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Trap 14
Rock 12
Sacsri 12
HiyA 12
Hm[arnc] 10
Dota 2
Gorgc5792
Dendi1270
420jenkins212
Counter-Strike
fl0m3715
Fnx 652
x6flipin332
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King94
ChuDatz33
Other Games
singsing2123
Liquid`RaSZi1240
hiko664
B2W.Neo625
dupreeh483
RotterdaM353
ceh9329
crisheroes289
Khaldor280
Livibee197
TKL 169
Trikslyr102
QueenE91
Dewaltoss51
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV245
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH298
• Hinosc 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3141
• WagamamaTV409
League of Legends
• Nemesis2672
Other Games
• Shiphtur753
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4m
The PondCast
18h 4m
INu's Battles
19h 4m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.