• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:27
CEST 04:27
KST 11:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8386 users

[Interview/Photoshoot] S'all About the Duke Hype

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
SilverskY
Profile Joined September 2008
Korea (South)3086 Posts
November 08 2009 01:37 GMT
#1
It's been a while since my last CSL update on Duke, so for all of you who have waited patiently waited till now, it's finally here!

[image loading]

Duke has gone 3-0 and with an impressive 9-0 undefeated record at that. However, obtaining such feats is no easy task. There are always challenges and obstacles that we must surmount as a team: unfavorable maps, an individual's weak match up, organization difficulties, and even possible cheaters? Yeah, we'll just leave it at that.

So it's been a long adventure filled with many exciting matches and games. Let's see what some of our players have to say about what Duke has been through so far.





Duke's Protoss Super Ace NonY:
"Yeah, I own."

[image loading]


- Your team seems to have a strong presence in this CSL. What is the secret to such charisma?
▲ Me. I own.

- There seemed to be something very fishy with the match against Auburn. Do you think there could've been a different outcome to your match if this did not go investigated?
▲ No, because I own.

- You're a powerhouse out of any player that is participating in the CSL. Are you scared of any snipe builds or cheeses you might witness in any of your games?
▲ No, I own cheeses.

- Your next match is against Georgia Tech, they have some very competent and strong players. What are your thoughts on your upcoming match?
▲ I'm going to own them.

- Hm, I see, well any last word for your many fans in TL and across the world?
▲ Yeah, I own.





Duke's BM Protoss Trump Card OneOther:
"Emory? Who's that?"

[image loading]


- What did you think of your performance against Emory University?
▲ Emory? Who's that?

- Did the Auburn team follow through their trash talk?
▲ I would like to take this time to warn other teams about (AU)entropy. He will first try to cheat on you, then twist the rules to make you wait 30 minutes before first match begins. No, he will not let you play matches out of order because of "team mascot" issues. His smack talking is pretty endearing though.

- Which team in the West conference is the team to beat?
▲ I don't know too much about schools in the western conference. Maybe Texas? Irvine? Definitely not UCSD though.

"Hey, look! We are UCSD and we are good I swear! I PROMISE!"

- Are you feeling confident about the upcoming Georgia Tech match?
▲ Yes, I think the score will be 3-0. I am not even trying to be cocky, funny or whatever. Looking at the lineup I just can't see us losing. We will bring home the W, you have my words.

- What do you think is the most important match versus Georgia Tech?
▲ No one match is more important than the others. We just have to pull through in our matches and make sure to watch out for cheese. I look forward to showing them how we do it here at Duke. Like a boss.




Duke's Terran Professor CameronCraziE:
"I want at least 8 wins this season."

[image loading]


- Your wins helped your team to start the season 3-0
▲ I'm happy that both my team and I were able to win 3 times. As a result, the atmosphere in our team is very good. I did not feel any pressure when playing my matches because I know that even if I lost, I could depend on my teammates to lead the team to victory.

- You've been playing TvT a lot
▲ I enjoy playing against other Terran players. I like TvT because it is a very strategic matchup. Other people often find it boring and slow-paced, but I disagree (laughs).

- You defeated eU.ReKa in a macro game
▲ I've been changing my style lately, and I felt that as a result my macro has improved. Thankfully, the game went according to plan, and I'm glad that I was able to end it cleanly. I'm gaining a lot of confidence as my match play shows the same results as my practice play.

- There was a mix-up in the map and set order against Auburn
▲ I prepared to play the 4th set, so I was surprised when I was told that I was actually playing in the 1st set. It was hard to concentrate at the beginning of the match, but I told myself to keep calm and just execute the strategy that I had prepared. When my vultures did damage to AU(BERGE)'s natural expansion and gave me the advantage, I was able to relax a bit. I was very relieved in the end when I saw my opponent type GG.

- Your next opponent is Georgia Tech
▲ Georgia Tech has a very strong team, so I won't let my guard down. I want to continue my winning streak. I think our team will keep showing good results if we just have the mindset of always trying our best.

- Goals for the season
▲ I want to get at least 8 wins. I want to practice hard to help get our team to the finals.

- Anything else you want to say?
▲ I forgot to mention TerranUsApart last time for practicing with me for our first match, so I want to properly thank him here. I want to thank my father for giving me advice and encouragement, and also the coaching staff for their trust in me and putting me in the lineup every week. Lastly, I want to give a word of thanks to the fans for supporting me and my team. I hope they can continue to cheer us on.




We took the opportunity to do a nice photoshoot with the team on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. So enjoy the photos!




Our Terran Ace:
[image loading]


Duke Protoss Love. Oh and Empyrean in the back.
[image loading]


Duke Toss's having some chatter chatter chit chit.
[image loading]


Our beloved coordinator Empyrean:
[image loading]


Pointing is a trend.
[image loading]


Keepin' #1
[image loading]



JS, and Bo couldn't make it to the photoshoot, but props to JS and his handsome victories in our last 2 matches.

STAY TUNED FOR NEXT WEEK'S PHOTOS AND INTERVIEWS!!

Graphics
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-08 01:40:38
November 08 2009 01:39 GMT
#2
Nony owns.
+ Show Spoiler +
I almost posted "Nice translation"
Triple7
Profile Joined April 2009
United States656 Posts
November 08 2009 01:41 GMT
#3
OneOther is imbalanced.
지지이이이이이이이이이이이
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8180 Posts
November 08 2009 01:42 GMT
#4
lol CameronCraziE's interview is so funny
Free Palestine
SilverskY
Profile Joined September 2008
Korea (South)3086 Posts
November 08 2009 01:44 GMT
#5
On November 08 2009 10:39 Jyvblamo wrote:
Nony owns.
+ Show Spoiler +
I almost posted "Nice translation"

LMFAO <3
Graphics
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
November 08 2009 01:45 GMT
#6
I love CameronCrazie's sounds-like-progamer-translation interview style.
Moderator
selboN
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States2523 Posts
November 08 2009 01:47 GMT
#7
Quite a program Duke has there.
"That's what happens when you're using a mouse made out of glass!" -Tasteless (Referring to ZergBong)
SilverskY
Profile Joined September 2008
Korea (South)3086 Posts
November 08 2009 01:50 GMT
#8
On November 08 2009 10:47 selboN wrote:
Quite a program Duke has there.

Haha, you get back what you put in.
Graphics
butter
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States785 Posts
November 08 2009 01:51 GMT
#9
It's like an ad for the North Face.
TL should have a minigame where you have to destroy some rocks before you can make a new post – DentalFloss
zenaardvark
Profile Joined September 2009
United States18 Posts
November 08 2009 01:51 GMT
#10
Duke, I dislike Duke strongly. Too bad UNC doesn't have a team, or I would be cheering for them. I guess I'm cheering for the other, Georgia Tech.
_ is currently a nub...Pending upgrade...
andiCR
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Costa Rica2273 Posts
November 08 2009 01:55 GMT
#11
LOOOOL
Nightmare1795 wrote: I played a guy in bronze who said he was Japanese. That was the only game I ever dropped a nuke, which was purely coincidental.
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
November 08 2009 02:05 GMT
#12
hell yeah duke fighting

lol @ all interviews
Writer
Piy
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Scotland3152 Posts
November 08 2009 02:06 GMT
#13
lol it almost seems unfair. But not quite.
My. Copy. Is. Here.
iloveHieu
Profile Joined November 2007
United States1919 Posts
November 08 2009 02:09 GMT
#14
Hey it's not nice to diss UCSD!
Xellos <3
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51699 Posts
November 08 2009 02:10 GMT
#15
nony is the new midas.
Commentator
deathgod6
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States5064 Posts
November 08 2009 02:10 GMT
#16
Going to school with Nony? Lucky. :O
4.0 GPA = A rank 5.0 GPA = Olympic --------- Bisu, Best, Fantasy. i ♥ oov. They can get in my BoxeR anyday.
Pioneer
Profile Joined December 2008
994 Posts
November 08 2009 02:11 GMT
#17
[image loading]


OneOther kind of looks like Garimto in this .
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
November 08 2009 02:18 GMT
#18
rofl @ NonY's interview
POGGERS
SwEEt[TearS]
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1575 Posts
November 08 2009 02:22 GMT
#19
duke fightingggggggggg
#1 arb fan -- Raelcun is Nuclear backwards. Rekrul is Lurker backwards. Grobyc is Cyborg backwards. Eniram is Marine backwards.
ToN
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada245 Posts
November 08 2009 02:30 GMT
#20
haha awesome content!
+ Show Spoiler +
Are you sponsored by The North Face?
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 175
NeuroSwarm 170
FoxeR 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1842
Leta 966
Bale 76
League of Legends
Doublelift4672
Other Games
summit1g8382
JimRising 527
ViBE163
WinterStarcraft120
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick702
BasetradeTV170
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 101
• davetesta20
• Light_VIP 15
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1148
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 33m
Patches Events
12h 33m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 33m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 33m
OSC
20h 33m
OSC
1d 9h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.