• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:26
CEST 01:26
KST 08:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War685.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12173 users

Dormitory Bathroom Protocol

Blogs > DustBowl
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
DustBowl
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States49 Posts
October 28 2009 18:58 GMT
#1
I'm a graduate student at UConn and I currently reside in a dormitory with around 10 people on my floor. 10 guys, and we all share a bathroom. Now, in order to understand the complexities of the situation of which I am about to describe, it is important to note that none of us are really good friends with each other. We're all grad students and we're basically all pretty busy and already have a close knit group of friends (I would hope). I mean, we're all friendly and say "hey" to each other and such, but I have yet to sit down and have a drink with anyone on my floor or share a meal, and I have definitely not brought up the issue of bathroom protocol with anyone.

Now the odd little situation which I find myself a part of goes something like this... There are 2 toilets in our shared bathroom, just 2, and physically the toilets and stalls are identical. Yet somehow, through mutual psychic consensus, 1 of them has been dubbed the "piss bowl" and the other the "shit bowl". That is, I have never, this entire semester, seen the "piss bowl" with the lid (or rim thingy, or whatever it's called) down, and I have never seen the "shit bowl" with the lid up. Not once. And after realizing the unspoken pact I was a part of during the first few weeks of the semester, I have been diligently checking on both toilets every time I'm in the bathroom, even if I'm just in there to shower or brush my teeth. It has been 8 weeks and I have recorded no abnormalities.

Therefore I find myself astonished not only by the rapidity of the system's adoption, but also the complete and utter consistency of the phenomenon. With all the random people moving in and out of our dorm floor, you would think I would have recorded a deviation in a lid's position... I mean there are friends, colleagues, girl friends, fuck buddies, parents, siblings, just all kinds of people moving in and out of that dorm every day, and yet the position of the lids never change.

Recently I became suspicious that the lids must have been cemented down or something. However, my all too human mind was having trouble fathoming such power, such concentrated group psychology manifest. I knew it was not my place to move those lids... in fact, the whole system reeks eerily of religion. I could not bring myself to sin against such perfect coordination. So I waited, I waited for the one person with enough gall and ignorance to dare manipulate the sacred angles of those lids: the janitor.

So I waited carefully with a shared sense of excitement and foreboding... for about a week's time... and of course, sure enough, a Hispanic women showed up. Too riled up to feel the pangs of awkwardness this stereotype would typically inflict on me, I frantically dug through my drawers for every bathroom product available to me... So soon I stood there in the bathroom, alternatively brushing my teeth, applying facial scrub, and clipping my nails. I must have looked like quite the manic depressive metrosexual, but by this point my eyes were locked onto the position of the toilet she was cleaning while my hands and arms were moving with the determined, automatic drive of a tank's treads.

What did I see? WHAT DID I SEE? Bending over the "piss bowl" she skillfully relaxes the lid into that forbidden angle of pi over 2 radians with the dignity of a medieval nun handling a religious relic... and proceeds to clean the lid. Now what does she do? She does not get up and walk away. Oh no, somehow she knows! I don't know how she knows but she knows! My heart practically bursts out of my chest like a fucking xenomorph as she raises the lid to it's rightful, god given position. The rites have been observed today gentlemen, and those angles will continue to remain fixed, far after I graduate. Oh yes. And 80 years from now, when I return for one for flush, one more pilgrimage to the happy shitting grounds, those lids will still be fucking perpendicular.

****
AcrossFiveJulys
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States3612 Posts
October 28 2009 19:02 GMT
#2
omg dude you are amazing. funniest thing i've read in a while.
seppolevne
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada1681 Posts
October 28 2009 19:05 GMT
#3
Hahahahahahaha 5/5
J- Pirate Udyr WW T- Pirate Riven Galio M- Galio Annie S- Sona Lux -- Always farm, never carry.
BlasiuS
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States2405 Posts
October 28 2009 19:06 GMT
#4
see, this is why I keep coming back to TL.net
next week on Everybody Loves HypnoToad:
iSiN
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1075 Posts
October 28 2009 19:06 GMT
#5
My boss yelled at me because I laughed so loud at this. I really hope it's not copy paste
Grouty @HoN/PCKJ <--<333 || Jaedong Fan Cafe GFX
ieatkids5
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States4628 Posts
October 28 2009 19:06 GMT
#6
hahaha great read
ilovezil
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States4143 Posts
October 28 2009 19:07 GMT
#7
I'm pretty sure many dormers and other cohabiters would love for the strict discipline of proper toilet procedures that you are able to enjoy.

But yea, stuff like that never really bothered me...do you have an OCD complex by any chance?
Amnesia
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3818 Posts
October 28 2009 19:09 GMT
#8
5/5 write more blogs !
DustBowl
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States49 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-29 00:10:44
October 28 2009 19:09 GMT
#9
Nah not copypasta it's just raining outside and I was bored . Thanks for the enthusiasm though guys, it was actually great fun to write and easy too BECAUSE IT'S TRUE!
McFly
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States116 Posts
October 28 2009 19:14 GMT
#10
Your name is proper for this blog.
League of Legends IGN: Party Marty
duckett
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States589 Posts
October 28 2009 19:21 GMT
#11
wow that was beautiful =)
5/5
funky squaredance funky squaredance funky squaredance
Husky
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3362 Posts
October 28 2009 19:22 GMT
#12
What happens if you have to both piss and poop at the same time?
Commentaries: youtube.com/HuskyStarcraft
phosphorylation
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2935 Posts
October 28 2009 19:22 GMT
#13
this is good writing
5/5
Buy prints of my photographs at Redbubble -> http://www.redbubble.com/people/shoenberg3
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21248 Posts
October 28 2009 19:33 GMT
#14
That's a 5/5 right there.
TranslatorBaa!
caldo149
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States469 Posts
October 28 2009 19:34 GMT
#15
I think I'm going to start this on my floor 5/5

great writing btw, very entertaining =D
Hellions are my homeboys
Chuiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
3470 Posts
October 28 2009 19:35 GMT
#16
This story brought tears to my eyes.
♞
andiCR
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Costa Rica2273 Posts
October 28 2009 19:37 GMT
#17
hahaahahahah 5/5
Nightmare1795 wrote: I played a guy in bronze who said he was Japanese. That was the only game I ever dropped a nuke, which was purely coincidental.
Navane
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Netherlands2762 Posts
October 28 2009 19:42 GMT
#18
Awesome!

They have done this test on monkeys as well. They learned a couple of monkeys that act X is bad. So after a while none of the monkeys ever attempted act X, however tempting it might look. Then the researchers changed one by one the population, until none of the original monkeys was present in the group. But still none of the monkeys attempted act X.

Now let's derail this threadto religion.
ghostWriter
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3302 Posts
October 28 2009 19:44 GMT
#19
lmao
we always have this kind of arrangement if there's more than one toilet.
When we had three toilets, it was one piss two shit (middle one was kinda variable though)
and when it was five, it was two piss three shit.
I heard a guy tell a girl (she wasn't supposed to be in the bathroom, but whatever, it was a weekend) that she shouldn't use those toilets because they were piss toilets and she asked why?
He replied that those were piss toilets and she told him that she was here to piss. Then he explained why the other toilets were probably better for pissing in, even though they are supposed to be for shit.

People even put up signs on the stall walls saying "DON'T PISS HERE"
Sullifam
zergnewb
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States816 Posts
October 28 2009 19:45 GMT
#20
i must not have a life, cause i read this as if it were serious....lol
Welcome to the Durst-Zone
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
CranKy Ducklings37
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
davetesta11
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O118
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9673
Artosis 722
ZZZero.O 118
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm183
League of Legends
Doublelift5580
JimRising 332
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe15
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4075
Other Games
summit1g9430
FrodaN2209
Liquid`RaSZi1857
Livibee457
C9.Mang0413
Maynarde157
ArmadaUGS52
Mew2King42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1183
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 136
• musti20045 35
• Sammyuel 29
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1567
• Scarra1243
• Shiphtur506
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 35m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.