• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:40
CEST 04:40
KST 11:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8394 users

Liquid`HerO Illusion Art - Page 92

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 90 91 92 93 94 145 Next
Charger
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2405 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 21:05:01
December 12 2011 21:04 GMT
#1821
On December 13 2011 06:03 chaynesore wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 06:00 Ariovist wrote:
we need more graphs...

Ask and ye shall receive..

*graph*

I expanded the x axis to show how much time is left.
I find it curious how both votes rates of increase stay in proportion with each other...


Yes how very strange indeed...

lol this is such a joke
It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.
JOJOsc2news
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
3000 Posts
December 12 2011 21:05 GMT
#1822
I expanded the x axis to show how much time is left.
I find it curious how both votes rates of increase stay in proportion with each other..


that's what a good bot does. it'll always be slightly better and win with a small not too obvious margin.
✉ Tweets @sc2channel ⌦ Blog: http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/JOJO ⌫ "Arbiterssss... build more arbiterssss." Click 'Profile' for awesome shiro art!
ribboo
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden1842 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 21:05:55
December 12 2011 21:05 GMT
#1823
Glider had a 16k lead 45 minutes ago. It's now down to 14,5k. She is gaining. But by the looks of it - with only three hours left - nowhere close to fast enough. Let's hope the bots don't pick up their pace.

98700 ESL
113329 Glider
MadChem
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany218 Posts
December 12 2011 21:05 GMT
#1824
[QUOTE]On December 13 2011 06:02 Roscoe.964 wrote:
[QUOTE]On December 13 2011 05:58 MadChem wrote:
[Quote]To close out 2011, the On The Rise candidates this month are as talented and diverse as ever, including an ESL teacher, a pop culture vlogger, a skateboard videographer and a portrait artist. Vote for your favorite by December 12, and we’ll announce the partner selected on this blog on December 19. [/qoute]


Just paid a bit more attention to what yt is writing. I think they gonna choose Paperlilies ;-)[/QUOTE]
why do you say that?[/QUOTE]

It looks to me like yt still wants to have saying, why should they wait until the 19 of December for announcing the winner?
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds." - Oppenheimer
Draconicfire
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2562 Posts
December 12 2011 21:06 GMT
#1825
Whoa what. The graph is so close it's ridiculous.

I think we can hold out at this rate though, but it's starting to feel like one of those campaign missions where we just turtle and survive >_>
@Drayxs | Drayxs.221 | Drayxs#1802
caradoc
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada3022 Posts
December 12 2011 21:06 GMT
#1826
On December 13 2011 06:03 chaynesore wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 06:00 Ariovist wrote:
we need more graphs...

Ask and ye shall receive..

[image loading]

I expanded the x axis to show how much time is left.
I find it curious how both votes rates of increase stay in proportion with each other...

EDIT: What I want to see now that I'm tracking, is another giant surge from us, to see if it surges for Jennifer at the same time.. If we can do that. We have solid proof guys. We need day9 or something.



Lol---- absolutely ridiculous, this is so obviously a bot
Salvation a la mode and a cup of tea...
pPingu
Profile Joined September 2011
Switzerland2892 Posts
December 12 2011 21:07 GMT
#1827
On December 13 2011 06:03 chaynesore wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 06:00 Ariovist wrote:
we need more graphs...

Ask and ye shall receive..

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I expanded the x axis to show how much time is left.
I find it curious how both votes rates of increase stay in proportion with each other...

EDIT: What I want to see now that I'm tracking, is another giant surge from us, to see if it surges for Jennifer at the same time.. If we can do that. We have solid proof guys. We need day9 or something.


Is it possible for you to provide a 3 days graph or something?

It would be really interesting
brachester
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia1786 Posts
December 12 2011 21:07 GMT
#1828
[QUOTE]On December 13 2011 06:05 MadChem wrote:
[QUOTE]On December 13 2011 06:02 Roscoe.964 wrote:
[QUOTE]On December 13 2011 05:58 MadChem wrote:
[Quote]To close out 2011, the On The Rise candidates this month are as talented and diverse as ever, including an ESL teacher, a pop culture vlogger, a skateboard videographer and a portrait artist. Vote for your favorite by December 12, and we’ll announce the partner selected on this blog on December 19. [/qoute]


Just paid a bit more attention to what yt is writing. I think they gonna choose Paperlilies ;-)[/QUOTE]
why do you say that?[/QUOTE]

It looks to me like yt still wants to have saying, why should they wait until the 19 of December for announcing the winner?[/QUOTE]
maybe to investigate anything that may come up during the contest such as what's hapenning right now?
I hate all this singing
Badboyrune
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Sweden2247 Posts
December 12 2011 21:07 GMT
#1829
On December 13 2011 06:03 chaynesore wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 06:00 Ariovist wrote:
we need more graphs...

Ask and ye shall receive..

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I expanded the x axis to show how much time is left.
I find it curious how both votes rates of increase stay in proportion with each other...

EDIT: What I want to see now that I'm tracking, is another giant surge from us, to see if it surges for Jennifer at the same time.. If we can do that. We have solid proof guys. We need day9 or something.


Graph hugging is going to be the new sport for programmers everywhere. Who can get their score closest to another entry in a random poll on the internet!
"If yellow does start SC2, I should start handsomenerd diaper busniess and become a rich man" - John the Translator
AndyGB4
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada156 Posts
December 12 2011 21:08 GMT
#1830
On December 13 2011 06:03 chaynesore wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 06:00 Ariovist wrote:
we need more graphs...

Ask and ye shall receive..

[image loading]

I expanded the x axis to show how much time is left.
I find it curious how both votes rates of increase stay in proportion with each other...

EDIT: What I want to see now that I'm tracking, is another giant surge from us, to see if it surges for Jennifer at the same time.. If we can do that. We have solid proof guys. We need day9 or something.


Ummm. that second graph is really scary, it's so odd that her votes are almost perfectly proportional with ours :S

This is getting ridiculous... I really want to know WHO is botting, JennyESL (whos being all innocent and such) or YouTube, who's starting to have some odd connections with promoting education as mentionned a few posts ago..
chaynesore
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia175 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 21:09:47
December 12 2011 21:09 GMT
#1831
On December 13 2011 06:07 pPingu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 06:03 chaynesore wrote:
On December 13 2011 06:00 Ariovist wrote:
we need more graphs...

Ask and ye shall receive..

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I expanded the x axis to show how much time is left.
I find it curious how both votes rates of increase stay in proportion with each other...

EDIT: What I want to see now that I'm tracking, is another giant surge from us, to see if it surges for Jennifer at the same time.. If we can do that. We have solid proof guys. We need day9 or something.


Is it possible for you to provide a 3 days graph or something?

It would be really interesting

It would be, but no. I'm just doing this manually by refreshing every 5 mins while watching movies.. Maybe youtube has those stats...

I'll keep doing this until the comp is over though
"When things get weird, I'm in my element." - Liquid`TLO
caradoc
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada3022 Posts
December 12 2011 21:09 GMT
#1832
If we get data until 17:00 and the trend continues, I think it is pretty solid proof of botting, that if presented to yt, can't be legitimately ignored out of hand.
Salvation a la mode and a cup of tea...
JOJOsc2news
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
3000 Posts
December 12 2011 21:10 GMT
#1833

If we get data until 17:00 and the trend continues, I think it is pretty solid proof of botting, that if presented to yt, can't be legitimately ignored out of hand.


as Glider said earlier. nothing will be done about it because that would be bad press. this isn't actually very important for youtube. it's only about the daily feature. they won't risk bad press about something like that.
✉ Tweets @sc2channel ⌦ Blog: http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/JOJO ⌫ "Arbiterssss... build more arbiterssss." Click 'Profile' for awesome shiro art!
BobbyBrown
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand62 Posts
December 12 2011 21:13 GMT
#1834
at first i was like

what the fuck

then i was like

WHAT THE FUCK!

and transitioned rigth into

VOTE THE FUCK!!!!!
caradoc
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada3022 Posts
December 12 2011 21:13 GMT
#1835
On December 13 2011 06:10 JOJOsc2news wrote:
Show nested quote +

If we get data until 17:00 and the trend continues, I think it is pretty solid proof of botting, that if presented to yt, can't be legitimately ignored out of hand.


as Glider said earlier. nothing will be done about it because that would be bad press. this isn't actually very important for youtube. it's only about the daily feature. they won't risk bad press about something like that.



possibly, but it's bad press to allow it as well, given that theres a community of several hundred thousand that's aware of it.

Can't think for them though so who knows.
Salvation a la mode and a cup of tea...
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
December 12 2011 21:14 GMT
#1836
On December 13 2011 06:09 chaynesore wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 06:07 pPingu wrote:
On December 13 2011 06:03 chaynesore wrote:
On December 13 2011 06:00 Ariovist wrote:
we need more graphs...

Ask and ye shall receive..

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I expanded the x axis to show how much time is left.
I find it curious how both votes rates of increase stay in proportion with each other...

EDIT: What I want to see now that I'm tracking, is another giant surge from us, to see if it surges for Jennifer at the same time.. If we can do that. We have solid proof guys. We need day9 or something.


Is it possible for you to provide a 3 days graph or something?

It would be really interesting

It would be, but no. I'm just doing this manually by refreshing every 5 mins while watching movies.. Maybe youtube has those stats...

I'll keep doing this until the comp is over though


Yes, and because of this method, we should be a bit careful before we use this as evidence for bot. Imagine if your reading is a bit early or late, due to caching, you being caught up in movie, youtube page not updating votes perfectly live or something. Then you will see correlated shapes like this. If you accidentally get a too short time interval, both increments will be low, if you accidentally take a too large time, both will be high.

just saying, don't be too hot on the trigger from this graph, as the information goes through a lot of steps, and any flaw will give this signal.
gullberg
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Sweden1301 Posts
December 12 2011 21:15 GMT
#1837
My fucking god this is going to be close as fuck >.<
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
December 12 2011 21:15 GMT
#1838
On December 13 2011 06:06 caradoc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 06:03 chaynesore wrote:
On December 13 2011 06:00 Ariovist wrote:
we need more graphs...

Ask and ye shall receive..

[image loading]

I expanded the x axis to show how much time is left.
I find it curious how both votes rates of increase stay in proportion with each other...

EDIT: What I want to see now that I'm tracking, is another giant surge from us, to see if it surges for Jennifer at the same time.. If we can do that. We have solid proof guys. We need day9 or something.



Lol---- absolutely ridiculous, this is so obviously a bot


Can someone extrapolate the first graph to project the numbers at 5:00 please?

(Probably the most bizzare thing I've ever asked, but figured I'd put it out there.)
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
ribboo
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden1842 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 21:16:10
December 12 2011 21:15 GMT
#1839
ESL has only caught up by around 100 votes the last 15 minutes. This is actually looking really good.
caradoc
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada3022 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 21:19:14
December 12 2011 21:17 GMT
#1840
On December 13 2011 06:14 Cascade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 06:09 chaynesore wrote:
On December 13 2011 06:07 pPingu wrote:
On December 13 2011 06:03 chaynesore wrote:
On December 13 2011 06:00 Ariovist wrote:
we need more graphs...

Ask and ye shall receive..

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I expanded the x axis to show how much time is left.
I find it curious how both votes rates of increase stay in proportion with each other...

EDIT: What I want to see now that I'm tracking, is another giant surge from us, to see if it surges for Jennifer at the same time.. If we can do that. We have solid proof guys. We need day9 or something.


Is it possible for you to provide a 3 days graph or something?

It would be really interesting

It would be, but no. I'm just doing this manually by refreshing every 5 mins while watching movies.. Maybe youtube has those stats...

I'll keep doing this until the comp is over though


Yes, and because of this method, we should be a bit careful before we use this as evidence for bot. Imagine if your reading is a bit early or late, due to caching, you being caught up in movie, youtube page not updating votes perfectly live or something. Then you will see correlated shapes like this. If you accidentally get a too short time interval, both increments will be low, if you accidentally take a too large time, both will be high.

just saying, don't be too hot on the trigger from this graph, as the information goes through a lot of steps, and any flaw will give this signal.


Not technically true--- notice how the lines never cross-- you would predict that they would very likely cross if there was no botting. You would also predict the existence of cases where portrait art inc/5min would increase while esl inc/5min would decrease, again, doesn't happen. What you would NOT predict if this was two organic processes is a tight correlation at 5 minute intervals, which you see here.

The spiky nature of the graph is (partially) related to intervals, but that's all.
Salvation a la mode and a cup of tea...
Prev 1 90 91 92 93 94 145 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta33
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech135
RuFF_SC2 130
FoxeR 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1609
Shuttle 1409
Artosis 597
Dewaltoss 45
NaDa 26
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm181
LuMiX0
League of Legends
Doublelift3751
Counter-Strike
taco 537
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox599
Other Games
summit1g7929
WinterStarcraft338
C9.Mang0288
ViBE98
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur228
Upcoming Events
OSC
20h 20m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 7h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 14h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 16h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.