• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:58
CEST 07:58
KST 14:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7858 users

A Quiet Game of Mini Mafia - Page 66

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 74 Next
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
January 09 2014 13:06 GMT
#1301
I seem to remember someone calling that early Artanis/CC interaction looked fishy, so good call whoever that was.

Just a few comments:
Cora - Correct me if I'm wrong here but you were actively choosing to assist in the shitting up of the thread? In which case well played; it just so happened in this case town actually had a really good mindset going in terms of attempting to rid ourselves of toxicity at the very least (and at best of course, scum) which really doesn't seem to happen very often in games these days. I think the trend recently has been a lot of townies causing the anti-town issues, so I know personally I kinda figured you'd flip town, as seems to happen very often. It makes me wonder if that in the end wasn't the right way to play, but of course then again you couldn't have known we'd actually attempt to remove you for it in this game I suppose.

CC asking for replacement - First of all, people REALLY NEED TO STOP ASKING FOR REPLACEMENTS IN THREAD. I do understand why CC was angry (hell I can maybe even understand Cora here as well) because people were calling both of them out for inactivity/uselessness and yet we had far worse culprits. Even with CC gone most of the day I still wouldn't have been badgering him so hard on that point especially considering we still had kush/gumshoe/fuba who had been around and done way less. I suppose this one is all part of the game though so in the end maybe it just comes down to, 'if you can't handle things, for whatever reason PLEASE just DON'T PLAY.'
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-09 13:11:51
January 09 2014 13:09 GMT
#1302
It was me and JAT but tbh we misread Artanis' posts.

If you can post 2 posts / day phase and have time for no more do not fucking use that time to argue about semantics or something irrelevant, read the thread and make one coherent case on your top scumread and try to push it. That's it, even if you are wrong or miss some other stuff or fail to consolidate it shows you have a clear opinion and you stand behind it. If you give 8 half-assed reads which are not even reads or are not explained or that make no sense given what's actually happened in the game you are not trying to get scum lynched, you are trying to do something you can't possibly achieve if you are town. Who cares who is your #4 scumread, who cares if you do not like player X. You are here to lynch mafia and not for telling who is a cool guy and who is not.

This is what bothered me about Cheesecake and not at all about fuba/gumshoe.
I was planning on making kush contribute on N1 which would have probably succeeded in figuring out his alignment.
table for two on a tv tray
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
January 09 2014 13:11 GMT
#1303
What would people's night actions have been tonight?
I was debating between RBing gumshoe/thrawn/kush or not at all.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 09 2014 13:16 GMT
#1304
Calling the Cora lynch a policy lynch or whatever is kinda belittling what the lynch was (or should have been about).

Corazon is a stubborn motherfucker as town and yet in this game he just wasn't.

On January 08 2014 01:00 iamperfection wrote:
1.mkfuba do you think a scum corzan would quickly retract his thoughts on me like he did?

2.What do you think is more likely for him to do as scum be stubborn and continue his read? or do what he did?

1.Yes
2.Do what he did
As town he sticks hardcore to whatever his guns are
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-09 13:18:54
January 09 2014 13:17 GMT
#1305
Right marv. What outed him was the stance on my case on thrawn, that was a big nono.
+ one secret special tell i won't reveal ^^
table for two on a tv tray
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
January 09 2014 13:19 GMT
#1306
On January 09 2014 22:16 marvellosity wrote:
Calling the Cora lynch a policy lynch or whatever is kinda belittling what the lynch was (or should have been about).

Corazon is a stubborn motherfucker as town and yet in this game he just wasn't.

Show nested quote +
On January 08 2014 01:00 iamperfection wrote:
1.mkfuba do you think a scum corzan would quickly retract his thoughts on me like he did?

2.What do you think is more likely for him to do as scum be stubborn and continue his read? or do what he did?

1.Yes
2.Do what he did
As town he sticks hardcore to whatever his guns are

I don't think that's quite fair.
He was super fucking stubborn about my 'lying' about what he said (and I believe he did the same thing to WBG and Rayn as well) but I think he never flat-out tried to push any of us for it.

And I'm not solely referring to it as policy but there was a justification of policy behind it in terms of his interaction with the thread. I mean in the end most of the people voting for him did so because they thought he was scum anyway.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 09 2014 13:21 GMT
#1307
On January 09 2014 22:17 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Right marv. What outed him was the stance on my case on thrawn, that was a big nono.
+ one secret special tell i won't reveal ^^

What was his stance? I didn't follow the whole game
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 09 2014 13:23 GMT
#1308
I made a case on thrawn - Corazon told me to drop it "because it will cause a shitstorm in thread" without saying anything about the actual case. Then he said thrawn is town for his good contributions to scumhunting, i asked him to show those contributions (i honestly think there were none at that point) and he refused to do so. 24h later he said he lied about it because he did not want to get accused for it.
table for two on a tv tray
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
January 09 2014 13:23 GMT
#1309
Glorious Victory?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 09 2014 13:24 GMT
#1310
On January 09 2014 22:23 iamperfection wrote:
Glorious Victory?

At least i did not let you lynch yamato. ^_^
table for two on a tv tray
mkfuba07
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1151 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-09 13:26:09
January 09 2014 13:24 GMT
#1311
Gah, I was gonna point out how dick move analysis only eliminates the later inactivity from CC, not anything else anyone might have on him. But I didn't want to do it until I knew my action got off N1 XD My initial intention was to vig kush, though I was going to filter dive all of the alternatives today before deciding.

GG though. I'm not sure how making nothing but legitimate arguments against scum the entire game didn't confirm me as town. I mean, yeah, my filter is small. It's always small. But literally every single post D1 is about scum Cora.

Edit: but I wasn't too concerned because I was going to be confirmed by the daypost anyway (most likely).
Never trust a skinny innkeeper
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
January 09 2014 13:26 GMT
#1312
On January 09 2014 22:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2014 22:23 iamperfection wrote:
Glorious Victory?

At least i did not let you lynch yamato. ^_^

pretty sure i decided to not lynch yamato.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 09 2014 13:27 GMT
#1313
On January 09 2014 22:24 mkfuba07 wrote:
Gah, I was gonna point out how dick move analysis only eliminates the later inactivity from CC, not anything else anyone might have on him. But I didn't want to do it until I knew my action got off N1 XD My initial intention was to vig kush, though I was going to filter dive all of the alternatives today before deciding.

GG though. I'm not sure how making nothing but legitimate arguments against scum the entire game didn't confirm me as town. I mean, yeah, my filter is small. It's always small. But literally every single post D1 is about scum Cora.

I kinda chatted to Artanis a little about this on skype

Basically said you *should* be viewed as town, but that it's possible to make the argument where you are mafia, and you just decided to do a weak bus on Cora on the assumption that he wouldn't get lynched (you didn't post that much, even if you were right). It's not unheard of for mafia players to do this after all
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 09 2014 13:28 GMT
#1314
On January 09 2014 22:23 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I made a case on thrawn - Corazon told me to drop it "because it will cause a shitstorm in thread" without saying anything about the actual case. Then he said thrawn is town for his good contributions to scumhunting, i asked him to show those contributions (i honestly think there were none at that point) and he refused to do so. 24h later he said he lied about it because he did not want to get accused for it.

Oh yeah! I vaguely remember.

I think I remember seeing Cora make a post about yamato and when iamp (?) asked him why he wrote what he did, he talked about how he didn't want to be suspicious.

These were all good reasons to lynch Cora.

It's why I posted this in obsQT:

marvellosity was signed in when posted
01-08-2014
04:45 PM ET (US)
WoS keeps saying dumb things

"who would you rather have at lylo - kush or cora" is a terrible way to be deciding the lynch at this point

[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 09 2014 13:30 GMT
#1315
As an aside, bugs posted a lot of weird shit this game.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
mkfuba07
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1151 Posts
January 09 2014 13:30 GMT
#1316
Eh, I suppose. I mean, that's basically what I did in... Basterd, I think? Basically just whined a bunch about Stutters XD In any case, maybe this is just indication that I should be more insistent about my scumreads.
Never trust a skinny innkeeper
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 09 2014 13:31 GMT
#1317
On January 09 2014 22:26 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2014 22:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On January 09 2014 22:23 iamperfection wrote:
Glorious Victory?

At least i did not let you lynch yamato. ^_^

pretty sure i decided to not lynch yamato.

I am pretty sure if bugs' "suggestion" on "everyone vote for yamato nao - no other discussion kthxbye" would have gone through yamato would have gotten mad and raged himself lynched considering he was already depressed from the Extractor trick game.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 09 2014 13:31 GMT
#1318
On January 09 2014 22:30 marvellosity wrote:
As an aside, bugs posted a lot of weird shit this game.

yeah, i noticed that too.
table for two on a tv tray
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
January 09 2014 13:32 GMT
#1319
who were you going to shoot mkfuba?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
January 09 2014 13:32 GMT
#1320
i was going to heal yamato by the way
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 74 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 158
-ZergGirl 86
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1941
Hyuk 172
910 70
sorry 50
Yoon 38
Bale 32
NotJumperer 20
yabsab 16
ZergMaN 15
Icarus 9
[ Show more ]
Noble 7
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 727
Reynor35
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox593
Mew2King38
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor155
Other Games
summit1g7174
WinterStarcraft381
PiGStarcraft263
C9.Mang0259
Sick218
Livibee158
ArmadaUGS39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick628
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream242
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2304
League of Legends
• Stunt534
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 2m
Stellar Fest
7h 2m
The PondCast
1d 4h
OSC
1d 7h
Stellar Fest
1d 7h
OSC
1d 18h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.