• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:31
CEST 19:31
KST 02:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8828 users

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike Emulated! - Page 60

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 63 Next
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
January 04 2008 20:21 GMT
#1181
Back fierce is her stuff, isn't her poke just fierce? (the one where she does a long punch kind)

Yea I have all of the DSZ podcasts...but cant you just redownload them from denjin video?
Moderator
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
January 05 2008 00:13 GMT
#1182
DONT PLAY CHUN, QUIT WHILE YOU ARE AHEAD
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
January 05 2008 00:14 GMT
#1183
WHY ARE YOU GUYS HELPING HIM?!??!
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
myrmidon2537
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines2188 Posts
January 05 2008 05:29 GMT
#1184
*shrug* I wasn't sure if you were making a reference to the podcast or saying that a regular fierce, like c.mk, can be linked to a super, my apologies, it was 1 am here then and I just took a break from studying =p

Anyway, from what I see, I went to denjinvid and it seems like they took down all of it except episode 9, I'll go recheck but that's what I distinctly remember.

oh and lol @ Charlie
IPT.PromilKid: I'm only good at Marvel
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
January 05 2008 06:46 GMT
#1185
no you can still get them from elsewhere, lemme see
http://odeo.com/channel/141887/view/
One of the parts doesnt work, if you have it gimme gimme because i cant find it
Moderator
myrmidon2537
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines2188 Posts
January 05 2008 06:53 GMT
#1186
Which doesn't work? Part 9 is on the site and I only have 5&6 parts 1 and 2

Oh and lots of thanks =)
IPT.PromilKid: I'm only good at Marvel
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
January 06 2008 20:59 GMT
#1187
So I went to my first 3s / Arcana Heart tournament today. I tied for last place in both games . I had a shot at tying for 2nd-last place in Arcana Heart, though. But I made a big mistake: I was too confident against my losers bracket opponent, thinking I'd be able to beat him, after watching his previous bo3. I won our first match 2-0, which only fed my obese confidence. Then he adapted very well to how I was playing. In retrospect, it's quite impressive. The tide turned completely and I lost the next two matches 0-2 and 0-2. I would've had a good chance at winning the 3rd match if I had taken a minute or two after the 2nd match to think about why I was suddenly losing. There were a few small changes I could've made to how I was playing that would've made a big difference. So I know what lesson I'll be taking away from all of this. Unlike casuals, in tournament play you have a very short time to adapt to your opponent, so you have to make a concerted effort to do so, especially between matches where you get some time to think.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
January 07 2008 19:45 GMT
#1188
How many people were in each tourney?
Moderator
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
January 07 2008 20:23 GMT
#1189
The tournament results: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?p=4665089

16 players in 3s, 8 in AH, and 12 in GG.
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
January 07 2008 21:39 GMT
#1190
On January 05 2008 01:13 BlackStar wrote:
Ok, I downloaded this and got this working. Even on my rather old system it seems to run without real lag problems.

But I am a huge fighting game noob. I never had a console or whatever. So I start playing with Chun-li. I got the basic controls down. And through random clicking I got off some combos and even a special attack three times. But I have this move list here from gfaqs and I can't really figure out how to do the more advanced stuff.

Donno how off the timings are anyway.

Any tips?

I guess I'll help you on the path to the dark side . I've had some experience with Chun Li. I have no doubt that she's the best character in the game, especially at lower levels of play because she is also a relatively easy character to learn. She's my best character by far.

To beat novices, there are only a few moves you need to know with Chun Li:


1. Standing fierce (hp): long-range abusable poke. Damage: 110.

2. Crouching forward (cr.mk): quick and low abusable poke. This is by far her easiest move to cancel into supers, so you should try to learn to do this. Damage: 90.

3. Back fierce (back hp): trades with or beats almost every move your opponent can throw at you, even uppercuts (but not supers). Fast. Good anti-air. Also good for building metre. Can be cancelled into supers, but it's much harder than cr.mk. Damage: 130.


I think you should start by trying to abuse the hell out of these moves. Learn their ranges and speeds. Hopefully learn some situations where none of them are very useful and you need something different (I doubt the CPU will teach you this, though ).

Once you're familiar with these moves and you can cancel cr.mk into her super occasionally, here are some more moves she has that you can start to incorporate into your gameplay. These are roughly in the order of how frequently I use them.


4. "Kara-throw" (at a distance: mk ~ lp+lk; in close: hk ~ lp+lk): Chun Li instantly moves forward and throws. Gives her a ridiculous throw range. To do it, start off by pressing mk (or hk) at the same time as lp+lk, then gradually press mk (or hk) earlier than lp+lk until you get the timing right. This is one of her biggest advantages, and it is definitely the 1st or 2nd "advanced" move you should learn, second only to her super. Damage: 120.

5. Close standing roundhouse (hk when close): comes out very fast (4 frames). Almost twice as fast as her back fierce. As fast as most characters' jabs and short kicks. Useful as an anti-air: whenever you try to parry someone's jump-in, you should often press hk immediately after trying to parry. If they attacked and you parried it, you'll hit them out of the air. If they did nothing, you'll still hit them. If they parry it, you can super jump away (super jump cancel) before they can retaliate. Damage: 120.

6. Standing strong (mp): faster than standing fierce or back fierce. Seems to have the same priority as her fierce moves(?). Useful in some situations where you might've used standing fierce or back fierce instead. Damage: 100.

7. Neutral Jump Roundhouse (jump straight up, then hk): good for hitting people out of the air, and good for hitting people on the ground as well. Has great range. For best results, against opponents on the ground, use it just before you land. Then you can combo it into cr.mk and her super. Damage: 130.

8. Crouching Jab and Crouching Short (cr.lp and cr.lk): fast pokes to put pressure on your opponent when you're close to them to make them afraid to move. Her crouching jab comes out in only 2 frames, the same speed as a throw! But her crouching jab can be blocked and parried both high and low, whereas her crouching short can be blocked and parried low only. Damage: 20.

9. Crouching Roundhouse (cr.hk): a sweep kick that, unlike everyone else's, can be blocked and parried high. I find it useful as an anti-air sometimes, and to stuff certain pokes that her far fierce and back fierce can't beat (e.g. Urien's cr.mk, Yun's cr.mk). Damage: 110.


In the end, you should try all of her moves, since almost all of them serve some purpose. The ones I listed above are just the ones I tend to use more often.

FYI: in this game, there are 5 levels of priority, and almost all moves fall into them as follows:
lowest: jab, short
mid: strong, forward
high: fierce, roundhouse, special moves
super: all supers, all of Yun's moves in genei-jin (, all of Yang's moves in seiei-enbu?)
top: all throws and command throws

This is partly why her back fierce and her crouching roundhouse are so good for stuffing other moves. The other reason is that these two moves come out really fast.

Also, most supers and some special moves (e.g. Ken's/Ryu's EX Shoryuken and Chun's EX spinning bird kick) are briefly invincible at the start, which allow them to beat other moves that have equal or greater priority. Example: throws have more priority than Ken's 3rd super, and you CAN grab him out of it (e.g. Makoto's command grab) (e.g. you parry the 1st hit of a shoryuken, then you try to throw and Ken cancels the shoryuken into a super: the throw will grab him on the exact same frame that his invincibility wears off). But it happens very rarely because if you grab too early, he'll still be invincible and if you grab too late, he'll hit you in your grab's start-up animation. There is exactly one frame where a throw can beat Ken's 3rd super.
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-01-08 03:40:59
January 08 2008 03:26 GMT
#1191
What thoughts do you guys have on this video, at 0:18?



This is Kuroda (Q) vs a Chun Li player. My friend pointed this video out to me. According to him, Chun Li's kara throw at 0:18 whiffed because Kuroda did a super jump, then cancelled it into Q's command grab. I am not sure how much I believe this explanation, because I did some tests with Chun Li and found that:

1. First, in parry training mode I recorded Chun Li doing her close roundhouse, cancelled into a super jump, cancelled into SA2. Then I parried the close roundhouse with Ken and tried to throw her. I found that if I threw immediately during the parry, the throw whiffed similar to the video above. However, if I threw just after the parry, at about the same time that Chun Li supered, the throw would connect. So clearly there is at least 1 frame of throw immunity, but the immunity cannot last for more than a few frames.

2. Furthermore, I could not cancel the above super jump into any of Chun Li's special moves, so I do not know if it is actually possible to cancel a super jump into a special (non-super) move.

On the other hand, I can offer no alternative explanation for what happened in that video... @_@
chickenlittle
Profile Joined January 2008
United States13 Posts
January 08 2008 03:31 GMT
#1192
chun li is very, very strong, some might even say unbalanced....
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-01-08 03:44:57
January 08 2008 03:44 GMT
#1193
On January 08 2008 12:31 chickenlittle wrote:
chun li is very, very strong, some might even say unbalanced....

Well, of course she's imbalanced . No one debates whether 3s is balanced or not: we all know it's not balanced, not by a long shot.
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
January 08 2008 06:17 GMT
#1194
Chun isn't even best char in game lol
Moderator。◕‿◕。
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-01-08 10:47:15
January 08 2008 10:43 GMT
#1195
BIll, about that whiff, It may be something totally different canceled from Q or just the fact that Chun threw it too early but the Q predicted and tried to do a counter throw in the midst of trying to do some other wakeup.


PS- lol @ Q double taunting after special and getting SA in the face x2.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
myrmidon2537
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines2188 Posts
January 08 2008 11:48 GMT
#1196
S.mp can also be cancelled into SAII

oh and c.mp is also a useful poke but can't be cancelled into supers. I think it has more range (A little) compared to c.mk or something... because they seem to use it often as well.
IPT.PromilKid: I'm only good at Marvel
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
January 08 2008 18:14 GMT
#1197
I'm missing 7.1 and 4.2 (if 4.2 exists) of the ADSZ podcast
Moderator
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-01-08 21:58:14
January 08 2008 21:39 GMT
#1198
On January 09 2008 03:14 Chill wrote:
I'm missing 7.1 and 4.2 (if 4.2 exists) of the ADSZ podcast

I don't think there was a 4.2 o.O. I have 7.1 so I uploaded it here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/riydab
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-01-09 07:35:17
January 09 2008 07:34 GMT
#1199
doublepost
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
January 09 2008 07:35 GMT
#1200
Here's another match from our 3s casuals in December:

Mike (white Ken) vs Yang (yellow Ken)



Around this time we noticed Yang was low-teching everything, so we advised Mike to stop doing low moves ^^.
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 208
ProTech145
BRAT_OK 86
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16604
Leta 1063
Shuttle 498
Horang2 227
firebathero 125
Trap 124
Zeus 78
Hyun 53
soO 46
Bale 39
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 33
Rock 28
scan(afreeca) 21
Bishop 14
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
qojqva1763
Dendi1572
420jenkins450
Counter-Strike
fl0m4429
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu382
Other Games
Grubby2019
Beastyqt681
FrodaN677
KnowMe215
Livibee138
QueenE79
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick416
StarCraft 2
angryscii 11
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 55
• printf 46
• Adnapsc2 22
• Hinosc 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach110
• Azhi_Dahaki30
• FirePhoenix15
• Michael_bg 10
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1574
Other Games
• Shiphtur484
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 29m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 29m
Patches Events
21h 29m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
OSC
1d 5h
OSC
1d 18h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.