• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:01
CEST 18:01
KST 01:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9140 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XVIII - Page 33

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 37 Next All
BassInSpace
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia165 Posts
July 03 2012 00:09 GMT
#641
Yeah jiexian did indeed do a decent Jon of posting just the right amount. Will there be post game analysis by the hosts?
BioSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States636 Posts
July 03 2012 00:11 GMT
#642
GG you guys! I'll be back in a bit to offer my thoughts on the game.
Bio - Breaking it down
BassInSpace
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia165 Posts
July 03 2012 00:15 GMT
#643
Esspen's last post seemed like a big "screw you guys" cus everyone said he posted poorly. I'm wondering if we were too harsh considering this is a newbie game.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 03 2012 00:16 GMT
#644
On July 03 2012 09:15 BassInSpace wrote:
Esspen's last post seemed like a big "screw you guys" cus everyone said he posted poorly. I'm wondering if we were too harsh considering this is a newbie game.


No, you were not. Actually you weren't harsh at all. Part of the game is defending yourself when under (possibly heavy) attack. That's just how things work.

And Vivax's claim was, let's say... not good.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
July 03 2012 00:18 GMT
#645
Oh, uh, as a side note. Esspen did not vote. This coupled with his lack of any defense whatsoever is troubling. I will discuss with Kitaman27 what to do about this situation.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
BassInSpace
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia165 Posts
July 03 2012 00:21 GMT
#646
Doesn't he simply get mafia banned for not voting?
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
July 03 2012 00:35 GMT
#647
Good game, gents, however I think this will be my sole TL Mafia game. It was such an exercise in frustration and was ruined by 2 people's...I don't want to say terribleness, but maybe just lack of dedication/preperation/knowledge that 100% cost us the game.

As an aside, it is nice to know that in my personal notes, I had the mafia picked, although with a Esspen/JieXian tie for the third spot. Its just unfortunate that because of Esspen giving up, no one would have ever voted for them over him, so the game was basically lost anyways.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
July 03 2012 00:35 GMT
#648
On July 03 2012 09:04 Vivax wrote:
Blazing, I get a call out for getting the mafia first in the obs qt !


Congrats! For your accomplishments, you have won a childrens sheriff costume!

[image loading]
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
July 03 2012 00:42 GMT
#649
I think I will master fake roleclaims to make them a permanent part of my strategy.

+ Show Spoiler +


On a side note, people don't seem to treat this like a newbie game.

And more posts in mafia qt than here, Blazinghand even posted a postcount there.
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
July 03 2012 00:44 GMT
#650
Lol. Bio was so obvious. I don't see why you guys didn't vote him.

Especially that post Hope1 and I highlighted.
☺
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
July 03 2012 00:44 GMT
#651
Thanks for playing everyone!

Many thanks to Blazinghand for doing all the hard hosting work, while I was busy taking bets against him during his showmatch <3


Role List:

Vanilla Townie
Miltonkram
Vivax
dNa
BassInSpace
Keirathi
Hopeless1der
NrGmonk

Vigilante
Release

Medic
Esspen

Rolecop
JieXian

Godfather
JingleHell

Goon
BioSC

Actions:


Night one:
Mafia shoots Release
JieXian checks Vivax
Esspen protects Vivax

Night two:
Mafia shoots Miltonkram
JieXian checks BassInSpace
Esspen Protects BassInSpace

Postgame thoughts to come.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-03 00:46:05
July 03 2012 00:45 GMT
#652
I honestly felt like I played the best I could have for my first game. Was a bit inactive first day due to not being familiar with this game and actually being busy. Then, I was misled not by maifa, but by scummy behavior by town, Vivax/Esspen. Given the same game, with the experience I have now, I probably would have made the same calls I did in this game, expect probably contribute more the first few days.

On the 2nd day, I would have voted for Vivax over Jingle again, because of Vivax's fail at claiming dt.

I had dna and bass pegged down as townies, and Jingle and Esspen as mafia with Jiexian as the most probable choice of 3rd mafia member. Esspen really messed everything up, having the most scumming behavior and drawing suspicion away from BioSC2, who I had suspected before I saw Esspen accused him. Not only did Esspen show extremely bad play/scumming behavior, he just gave up on the last day, sealing our fate and wasting an entire day for all of us.

Really depressing how one player can ruin an entire game. And really depressing for me in general, as I think there was no way I could have done anything substantial given my experience to affect the outcome of this game. =/
Moderator
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
July 03 2012 00:48 GMT
#653
wow. IF i had posted my suspicions of Bio right before i died...
☺
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
July 03 2012 00:49 GMT
#654
I love how the mafia actually thought i was agreeing with bio. Fuck my schedule...
☺
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 03 2012 00:49 GMT
#655
It's a learning experience Monk. One of the finer skills (extremely, EXTREMELY hard to get a grip on) is distinguishing bad townies from scum.

You played pretty decently I thought.

Mafia were well organised and worked very well as a team, not needing much input from me. From pretty early on I couldn't see anything other than a mafia victory.

BassInSpace figured it all out too late (but i mean, props to him figuring it out), getting a town-read on another townie and realising most, if not all, the scum were on Esspen. With a bit of help he could have averted the lynch. The margins are always a bit smaller than they first appear.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
July 03 2012 00:52 GMT
#656


And Vivax, remember. As town, it's perception and persuasion, not knowledge, that matter. I (barely) took that because I was able to make your side of it look scummy, even though you were pushing the right target for the wrong reason.

Like I said, you did a fair job on reads and analysis, but you started working from that angle a little late. If you'd posted like you did right before you got lynched through that whole day, this would be heading for a townie victory right now, and we'd both be in the Obs QT, from a Jingle lynch, Vivax NK.

GG all. Monk, you had me nervous a couple times. You were one of my biggest fears, since you know me a little.
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
July 03 2012 00:54 GMT
#657
This is so annoying. Bio should have died
☺
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
July 03 2012 00:57 GMT
#658
Also, I really am curious how the rest of the game would have played out had we actually no-lynched.

Maybe people still think its a silly plan, but I *know* it works. Certainly not every time, but obviously lynching doesn't work every time either

It probably still would have been too easy for mafia to get Esspen bandwagoned though. I'm just curious who would have died if we delayed and it that death could have helped town.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
BassInSpace
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia165 Posts
July 03 2012 00:59 GMT
#659
Out of curiosity, it seems everyone in obs had esspen pegged as town. Is this true?
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
July 03 2012 00:59 GMT
#660
It might be able to work, but frankly, the arguments against it are entirely too convincing in a situation like that when you have an easy bandwagon target to pound on as scum.
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
TaKeTV 16
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 285
ProTech143
UpATreeSC 59
TKL 34
Codebar 28
Rex 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 1480
Shuttle 1264
EffOrt 600
BeSt 478
Mini 343
ggaemo 328
Stork 278
firebathero 201
Light 194
Rush 137
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 88
Barracks 86
Zeus 61
Killer 54
910 54
Shine 49
Shinee 46
Hyun 45
sorry 44
Mong 42
ToSsGirL 26
soO 25
Aegong 25
Bale 24
Sexy 18
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Sacsri 11
Trap 10
yabsab 8
zelot 7
Dota 2
qojqva4149
Dendi2096
BananaSlamJamma403
LuMiX0
Counter-Strike
Fnx 690
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes549
Other Games
singsing2097
Liquid`RaSZi1799
hiko1259
B2W.Neo954
Lowko352
Liquid`VortiX247
Sick176
ArmadaUGS166
Trikslyr41
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream538
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 11
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile130
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2316
• Jankos2130
• TFBlade793
Other Games
• WagamamaTV217
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 59m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.