• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:21
CEST 04:21
KST 11:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7672 users

Blue Robot - Page 32

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 43 Next All
Inkblood
Profile Joined February 2010
United States463 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-13 05:25:21
August 10 2012 06:57 GMT
#621
I went to the liberty of making a bestiary, compendium, index, whatever you want to call it. I thought it would be nice to have everything in one place, and numbers we can look at to see where things stand. Hopefully you all find this at least slightly useful.

Basically we have the number, representing the order in which the original concept was posted.

We have the name of the creature which I added in order to make the references easier to parse. + Show Spoiler +
Some of the names are from the original concept post. Such as Slimy, Basalt Giant, and the aptly named, “Weird Thing.” (I know that’s not what it’s name was supposed to be. But I found the description accurate and filled with brevity.)

One is from the artist. (Free Hug)

And the rest are from my imagination. Some better than others. My favorite names I came up with are The Cookbot, Grim Rapper (the teeth, you see), The Very Hungry Caterpillar on Drugs. And my personal favorite, Slender Bear. The instant I saw that suit I knew what he had to be called, and it amuses me to no end.

Some of my names kind of suck though, so I’m open to suggestions.


Next is the name of the original “concept artist”. Clicking on the name will take you to the post in which you can see the concept picture for yourself.

Last, BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY we have the Badass Artists themselves. Clicking on their names will take you to the BEAUTIFUL final picture of the creature.

(Dick with wheels not included)
#
1 Steve Firebolt145 Coagulation
2 Eyestalk omgCRAZY Coagulation
3 Muta GenesisX Coagulation
4 Whoosh Cascade Diks
5 Triangles thrawn2112 seaofsaturn
6 Tentacle Hound Inkblood Diks
7 Kite? appletree
8 Free Hug kollin Diks
9 Cerberus Bug strongandbig Coagulation
10 Genius Loci strongandbig Diks
11 Slimy appletree Diks
12 The Very Hungry Caterpillar on Drugs Toadstern Coagulation
13 Discohead thrawn2112 Coagulation
14 Laser Bat Blitzkrieg0 Diks
15 Fluffy Cirqueenflex Coagulation
16 Drone? layabout
17 Demon Robot starfries
18 Grim Rapper SilverJohnny seaofsaturn
19 Basalt Giant and Co. StorkHwaiting seaofsaturn
20 The Slender Bear Brainsurgeon Diks
21 Weird Thing thrawn2112 Diks
22 Ghosthat Kurr
23 Science Gone Wrong RAGEMOAR The Pope
24 THE Saw starfries
25 The Cookbot Heh_
26 Chicken Scratch TheBrunk Diks
27 Psyzilla TheBrunk
28 Levitating Face thrawn2112
29 Stomp Bot v 1.5.1 Cirqueenflex Coagulation
30 Laser Elephant (Natives claim it is a distant cousin of the laser bat.) appletree Diks
31 The Red Ogre Faust852
32 Beast Inkblood
33 Dragon Kurr
34 Communist Squid Brainsurgeon
35 Vampire Lord appletree
36 Samurai JeffBitches
37 City Turtle strongandbig
38 Manlifesto7, Lord of the Fucking Universe. Mr. Wiggles
39 Eel Nibbler89
40 Pissed Ant Warrior Cirqueenflex
41 Murderer of Steve Irwin strongandbig

An important bit of data is, there are currently 21 completed monsters. How many we’re aiming for I haven’t the foggiest idea.

If there are any names, or links off, broken, misspelled. If there's anything wrong at all with this post, please let me know.

Changelog
+ Show Spoiler +
BAMF renamed IcyHot by request of Mordanis.
Random period after one of the numbers removed.
Removed s from Free Hugs, noticed it was only Free Hug in the picture.
Stick Gunman renamed Steve by request of Firebolt145, the original artist.
Added Chicken Scratch, wasn't sure if that was supposed to be it's name. But that's what it is for now.
Added finished Slender Bear artwork. Adjusted completed monsters to reflect change in number.
Added Psyzilla.
IcyHot renamed Genius Loci by request of strongandbig, the original artist. Italicized it because he did in his post. And why not, it looks cool.
Added Levitating Face, Stomp Bot, Laser Elephant and The Red Ogre, the last I wasn't sure what to call, so I'm settling for this atm.
Added finished Chicken Scratch artwork.
Added finished Laser Elephant artwork.
Added a bunch new concept artwork.
Added finished Weird Thing artwork.
Removed some text from the main body of the post to make more room, and make it easier to update. Complted monster numbers still there.
Added a bunch new concept artwork, went to the liberty of giving Manlifesto7 a title.
Added finished Stomp Bot artwork.
Added Murderer of Steve Irwin concept artwork. I deny the all accusations that the name is insensitive.
Added finished Basalt Giant artwork.
Mordanis
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States893 Posts
August 10 2012 07:54 GMT
#622
I'd respectfully like to ask that #10 BAMF be renamed IcyHot. If either artist is against that, they obviously get precedence over my humble opinion. I just think that IcyHot is a kickass name for that one :D
I love the smell of napalm in the morning... it smells like... victory. -_^ Favorite SC2 match ->Liquid`HerO vs. SlayerS CranK g.1 @MLG Summer Championship
Perguvious
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1783 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-10 08:08:39
August 10 2012 08:07 GMT
#623
and when we have 200+ monsters we'll make an rpg off it! it could be a community project TL members collaboration thing. and it would be totally awesome.
mikell
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia352 Posts
August 10 2012 08:21 GMT
#624
this thread is so funny. love how everyones got a side of themselves that still loves drawing monsters.
drone hard
Diks
Profile Joined January 2010
Belgium1880 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-10 08:36:18
August 10 2012 08:35 GMT
#625
+ Show Spoiler +
On August 10 2012 07:59 Brainsurgeon wrote:
Gave it a whirl, and this is what I came up with!
[image loading]



i'm gonna do this one... I HAVE TO

Great job Inkblood :O
Inkblood
Profile Joined February 2010
United States463 Posts
August 10 2012 08:44 GMT
#626
On August 10 2012 16:54 Mordanis wrote:
I'd respectfully like to ask that #10 BAMF be renamed IcyHot. If either artist is against that, they obviously get precedence over my humble opinion. I just think that IcyHot is a kickass name for that one :D

Done. But yeah. Something I forgot to mention. If any of the original artists want the name of their creature changed just tell me, and I will. These names were mainly to make it easier to navagate. (Though I'd only reluctantly part with Slender Bear.)

Well, anyone's free to suggest name changes. But I'm valuing the opinion of the original artist a little more.

On August 10 2012 17:35 Diks wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On August 10 2012 07:59 Brainsurgeon wrote:
Gave it a whirl, and this is what I came up with!
[image loading]



i'm gonna do this one... I HAVE TO

Great job Inkblood :O

ty. And another thank you for drawing the sick tentacle hound
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
August 10 2012 08:56 GMT
#627
Please change the name of mine to 'Steve'.
Moderator
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
August 10 2012 08:57 GMT
#628
Oh and give that bearhead a monocle.
Moderator
Inkblood
Profile Joined February 2010
United States463 Posts
August 10 2012 09:09 GMT
#629
On August 10 2012 17:56 Firebolt145 wrote:
Please change the name of mine to 'Steve'.

Done.

Something to note in the future, everyone. In order to not cluster up the thread I’ll probably just edit my post and put something in the changelog rather than replying every time someone wants something changed. So just check back at the top of page 32 anytime you make a request, if I’m around I’ll usually change it in a jiffy.

And I’ll be editing in new artwork as it rolls around. Provided I’m present, and if I’m not it’ll happen not too far in the future.

+ Show Spoiler +

On August 10 2012 11:06 Coagulation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2012 06:18 Cirqueenflex wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

Behold my pityful online photoshop skillz
[image loading]
here ist the link to where i uploaded it, in case you get a bad resolution:
LINK
What i was trying to draw was a moster hiding as a giant rock/mountain, with a little pink decoy thingy. And you shouldn't really see that the rock is actually the real monster at first glance. You need a lot of intelligence to defeat this monster (to see through the decoy trap)

Would be splendid if you could do this one too. You guys are like gods to me ^^

[image loading]



By the way, that is probably the cutest weird pink thing I've ever seen.

Brainsurgeon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden359 Posts
August 10 2012 09:12 GMT
#630
On August 10 2012 17:57 Firebolt145 wrote:
Oh and give that bearhead a monocle.

Excellent suggestion!

also Slender Bear was a fantastic name, thank you Inkblood!
Say no to drugs. Say yes to hugs!
MrBrunk
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada428 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-10 09:38:09
August 10 2012 09:16 GMT
#631
Omg all these are awesome haha

chicken scratch zzz
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Diks
Profile Joined January 2010
Belgium1880 Posts
August 10 2012 09:26 GMT
#632
On August 10 2012 18:12 Brainsurgeon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2012 17:57 Firebolt145 wrote:
Oh and give that bearhead a monocle.

Excellent suggestion!

also Slender Bear was a fantastic name, thank you Inkblood!


He WILL have a monocle
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
August 10 2012 09:29 GMT
#633
On August 10 2012 16:54 Mordanis wrote:
I'd respectfully like to ask that #10 BAMF be renamed IcyHot. If either artist is against that, they obviously get precedence over my humble opinion. I just think that IcyHot is a kickass name for that one :D


IDK IcyHot sounds kinda less badass... if it needed a monster genera name I was thinking something like Genius Loci (from Roman religion/mythology, the guardian spirit of a particular place) or Elemental Giant.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
August 10 2012 09:30 GMT
#634
Cerberus Bug is pretty perfect for the other one I drew.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Inkblood
Profile Joined February 2010
United States463 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-10 09:48:57
August 10 2012 09:34 GMT
#635
On August 10 2012 18:29 strongandbig wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2012 16:54 Mordanis wrote:
I'd respectfully like to ask that #10 BAMF be renamed IcyHot. If either artist is against that, they obviously get precedence over my humble opinion. I just think that IcyHot is a kickass name for that one :D


IDK IcyHot sounds kinda less badass... if it needed a monster genera name I was thinking something like Genius Loci (from Roman religion/mythology, the guardian spirit of a particular place) or Elemental Giant.

Is there one you prefer? Otherwise I guess I'll change it to Genius Loci. I like it more than all the other names for him. It kind of suggests a story and sounds badass.

+ Show Spoiler +
On August 10 2012 18:44 Diks wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On August 10 2012 07:59 Brainsurgeon wrote:
Gave it a whirl, and this is what I came up with!
[image loading]


[image loading]

That. Is. Awesome.
Diks
Profile Joined January 2010
Belgium1880 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-10 10:03:04
August 10 2012 09:44 GMT
#636
+ Show Spoiler +
On August 10 2012 07:59 Brainsurgeon wrote:
Gave it a whirl, and this is what I came up with!
[image loading]


[image loading]

EDIT : I'll do chicken scratch since it's already a good drawing, I'll only do colors
MrBrunk
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada428 Posts
August 10 2012 10:01 GMT
#637
SCRATCH my previous entry, I'd love to see this instead.
[image loading]
You can probably tell what i was listening to when I did this XD

Psyzilla

Brainsurgeon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden359 Posts
August 10 2012 10:01 GMT
#638
+ Show Spoiler +
On August 10 2012 18:44 Diks wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On August 10 2012 07:59 Brainsurgeon wrote:
Gave it a whirl, and this is what I came up with!
[image loading]


[image loading]



Jesus, that is awesome
Say no to drugs. Say yes to hugs!
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
August 10 2012 10:10 GMT
#639
On August 10 2012 18:34 Inkblood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2012 18:29 strongandbig wrote:
On August 10 2012 16:54 Mordanis wrote:
I'd respectfully like to ask that #10 BAMF be renamed IcyHot. If either artist is against that, they obviously get precedence over my humble opinion. I just think that IcyHot is a kickass name for that one :D


IDK IcyHot sounds kinda less badass... if it needed a monster genera name I was thinking something like Genius Loci (from Roman religion/mythology, the guardian spirit of a particular place) or Elemental Giant.

Is there one you prefer? Otherwise I guess I'll change it to Genius Loci. I like it more than all the other names for him. It kind of suggests a story and sounds badass.

+ Show Spoiler +
On August 10 2012 18:44 Diks wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On August 10 2012 07:59 Brainsurgeon wrote:
Gave it a whirl, and this is what I came up with!
[image loading]


[image loading]

That. Is. Awesome.


Let's go with it.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-10 20:56:46
August 10 2012 10:37 GMT
#640
one of my favorite threads right now

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
so i got high and decided to draw something on paint.net this is the levitating face surrounded by mysterious smoke and he has unkown mental powers

"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 43 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings94
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech157
RuFF_SC2 155
NeuroSwarm 137
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13286
Rain 2265
Shuttle 1219
Artosis 582
Bale 32
NaDa 31
League of Legends
Doublelift3962
Counter-Strike
taco 379
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox747
Mew2King120
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor908
Other Games
summit1g8581
Day[9].tv718
JimRising 622
PiGStarcraft325
C9.Mang0313
ArmadaUGS62
ViBE61
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV299
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream94
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 138
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP99
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra808
• Day9tv718
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
10h 40m
OSC
19h 40m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 7h
Online Event
1d 8h
FEL
1d 13h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 14h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 16h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.