• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:07
CEST 15:07
KST 22:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7602 users

Back To The Basics Mini Mafia - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=437262
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 21 2013 15:06 GMT
#653
On November 21 2013 23:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2013 23:54 raynpelikoneet wrote:
7 are needed to vote, and the closest person to 7 is Rean.

There is more information to be gained from a Rean lynch/mislynch than a no-lynch.

Do you honestly think you can say enough people for who-ever your counter wagon is?

If not, the townie thing to do is secure a Rean lynch - whether you like it or not.

On November 21 2013 23:52 Mocsta wrote:
You know what Rayn.

I think we should oblige.

##Unvote
##Vote: Rayn

I knew you would claim scum. <3
I don't even care if you lynch me but i suggest everyone looks at this post when i flip!!!

I just proved you wrong. And you are going against what you suggested ~10min ago.
How is he going against what he suggested?

He said "Do you honestly think you can say enough people for who-ever your counter wagon is? If not, the townie thing to do is secure a Rean lynch - whether you like it or not."

He obviously can get a majority for you.

All he was saying is that it isn't townie to let the lynch fizzle due to no majority.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 21 2013 15:24 GMT
#667
I don't like anty lynch aside from Rayn or Rean here. Rayn made his move and got all the votes off Rean. If we switch to someone else, we're letting him dictate the vote. If we move off Rayne, they need to go back to Rean.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 21 2013 15:39 GMT
#677
So Rayn,

Jampi is scummy because he didn't jump on a vote for you when you made yourself so lynchable.

And Mocs is scummy because he did jump on a vote for you for that exact reason

Am I getting that right???
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 21 2013 16:13 GMT
#697
On November 22 2013 00:47 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2013 00:39 JarJarDrinks wrote:
So Rayn,

Jampi is scummy because he didn't jump on a vote for you when you made yourself so lynchable.

And Mocs is scummy because he did jump on a vote for you for that exact reason

Am I getting that right???

No you are not getting that right.
But it's irrelevant.



On November 21 2013 23:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2013 23:54 raynpelikoneet wrote:
7 are needed to vote, and the closest person to 7 is Rean.

There is more information to be gained from a Rean lynch/mislynch than a no-lynch.

Do you honestly think you can say enough people for who-ever your counter wagon is?

If not, the townie thing to do is secure a Rean lynch - whether you like it or not.

On November 21 2013 23:52 Mocsta wrote:
You know what Rayn.

I think we should oblige.

##Unvote
##Vote: Rayn

I knew you would claim scum. <3
I don't even care if you lynch me but i suggest everyone looks at this post when i flip!!!

I just proved you wrong. And you are going against what you suggested ~10min ago.



On November 22 2013 00:17 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Jampidampi that's a really bad post and there was no townie motivation behind my last 10 posts (towards anyone else than Mocsta - who i should probably realize is incapable to see the point anyways, my bad) because that's what i was trying to do.

I can't find any reasons why you should have not voted for me unless you know i am town and therefore scum.


Explain what I'm misinterpreting please
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 21 2013 16:35 GMT
#706
On November 22 2013 01:07 Onegu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2013 09:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 21 2013 08:57 raynpelikoneet wrote:
So hey, you might want to explain this Aquanim.
Here you seem to be agreeing with this:
On November 20 2013 12:37 cDgCorazon wrote:
...

2. I'm voting for the scummiest person. My last game was Titanic and it came down to 3-4 days of "X is scum, Y/Z/Q is scum as well". That led the town way off of the path and allowed my scum team the easiest scum win in a very long time. I don't care if they're not on the two lynch trains that are going to form. It's not instant majority so as long as I feel like I'm voting for the scummiest person in my opinion, I'm going to be happy with my vote.

this. If I see one more person go "X/Y/Z is scumteam GG NO RE #MANNERMULES"... (especially when X/Y/Z are each and every one town...)
/rant

Then you proceed on voting for your non-top scumread.
On November 21 2013 08:34 Aquanim wrote:
Once again, my scumread on Rean was of almost equal strength to that which I had on Corazon.

Why the contradiction?

This is the best case in this game.



Because this is terrible rayn, remember how I was talkimg about if rayn believes in his cases or not makes him scum or town. Yeah there is no way rayn believes this. After in WC I didnt vote my top scumread as town, he knows town do this, yes oir reasons are different but aquas reason is believeable as it was less than 12 hours into day 1.
Yeah I commented on how terrible the case was too. Let alone the best case in the game. ANd furthermore, how good of a case can it be if he now doesn't think aqua is scum anymore.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 21 2013 16:47 GMT
#711
On November 22 2013 01:42 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2013 01:35 JarJarDrinks wrote:
On November 22 2013 01:07 Onegu wrote:
On November 21 2013 09:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 21 2013 08:57 raynpelikoneet wrote:
So hey, you might want to explain this Aquanim.
Here you seem to be agreeing with this:
On November 20 2013 12:37 cDgCorazon wrote:
...

2. I'm voting for the scummiest person. My last game was Titanic and it came down to 3-4 days of "X is scum, Y/Z/Q is scum as well". That led the town way off of the path and allowed my scum team the easiest scum win in a very long time. I don't care if they're not on the two lynch trains that are going to form. It's not instant majority so as long as I feel like I'm voting for the scummiest person in my opinion, I'm going to be happy with my vote.

this. If I see one more person go "X/Y/Z is scumteam GG NO RE #MANNERMULES"... (especially when X/Y/Z are each and every one town...)
/rant

Then you proceed on voting for your non-top scumread.
On November 21 2013 08:34 Aquanim wrote:
Once again, my scumread on Rean was of almost equal strength to that which I had on Corazon.

Why the contradiction?

This is the best case in this game.
SO why do'nt you think he's scum anymore?

Because this is terrible rayn, remember how I was talkimg about if rayn believes in his cases or not makes him scum or town. Yeah there is no way rayn believes this. After in WC I didnt vote my top scumread as town, he knows town do this, yes oir reasons are different but aquas reason is believeable as it was less than 12 hours into day 1.
Yeah I commented on how terrible the case was too. Let alone the best case in the game. ANd furthermore, how good of a case can it be if he now doesn't think aqua is scum anymore.

You are misrepresenting me. I said that because i wanted Aquanim to respond to me regarding that.
Onegu is also misrepresenting me. He claims to be good at reading me but he fails to see my point regarding my statement.

My point on that is not what i said there. It is what Aquanim answered me. My original argument was:
"You are contradicting yourself because you are not voting for your top scumread while earlier you said you agree with doing so always"

First he gave a answer where he said this:
"I wanted to gain reaction from Rean, that's why i voted for him instead of Corazon"

Then i say this:
"That's weak, i never asked why you voted for Rean, you didn't vote for your top scumread."

Then he changes his story into:
"But i never really agreed with voting my top scumread but instead i agreed with bla bla bla..."


He is giving different answers to the same question when it's certainly clear to him what i am arguing about. He changes his answer when the first one does not please the accuser.

JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 21 2013 16:49 GMT
#712
oops, my post is in the middle there:

try again


On November 22 2013 01:42 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2013 01:35 JarJarDrinks wrote:
On November 22 2013 01:07 Onegu wrote:
On November 21 2013 09:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 21 2013 08:57 raynpelikoneet wrote:
So hey, you might want to explain this Aquanim.
Here you seem to be agreeing with this:
On November 20 2013 12:37 cDgCorazon wrote:
...

2. I'm voting for the scummiest person. My last game was Titanic and it came down to 3-4 days of "X is scum, Y/Z/Q is scum as well". That led the town way off of the path and allowed my scum team the easiest scum win in a very long time. I don't care if they're not on the two lynch trains that are going to form. It's not instant majority so as long as I feel like I'm voting for the scummiest person in my opinion, I'm going to be happy with my vote.

this. If I see one more person go "X/Y/Z is scumteam GG NO RE #MANNERMULES"... (especially when X/Y/Z are each and every one town...)
/rant

Then you proceed on voting for your non-top scumread.
On November 21 2013 08:34 Aquanim wrote:
Once again, my scumread on Rean was of almost equal strength to that which I had on Corazon.

Why the contradiction?

This is the best case in this game.



Because this is terrible rayn, remember how I was talkimg about if rayn believes in his cases or not makes him scum or town. Yeah there is no way rayn believes this. After in WC I didnt vote my top scumread as town, he knows town do this, yes oir reasons are different but aquas reason is believeable as it was less than 12 hours into day 1.
Yeah I commented on how terrible the case was too. Let alone the best case in the game. ANd furthermore, how good of a case can it be if he now doesn't think aqua is scum anymore.

You are misrepresenting me. I said that because i wanted Aquanim to respond to me regarding that.
Onegu is also misrepresenting me. He claims to be good at reading me but he fails to see my point regarding my statement.

My point on that is not what i said there. It is what Aquanim answered me. My original argument was:
"You are contradicting yourself because you are not voting for your top scumread while earlier you said you agree with doing so always"

First he gave a answer where he said this:
"I wanted to gain reaction from Rean, that's why i voted for him instead of Corazon"

Then i say this:
"That's weak, i never asked why you voted for Rean, you didn't vote for your top scumread."

Then he changes his story into:
"But i never really agreed with voting my top scumread but instead i agreed with bla bla bla..."


He is giving different answers to the same question when it's certainly clear to him what i am arguing about. He changes his answer when the first one does not please the accuser.

SO why do'nt you think he's scum anymore?
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 21 2013 17:02 GMT
#719
On November 22 2013 01:57 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I could possibly vote for Aquanim aswell

On November 21 2013 23:21 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I would vote for Aquanim over Rean anyday but i don't think he is scum either. Unless thrawn is town, in which case he should swithc his vote on Aqua/Bereft/Onegu right now because those are the scummiest people in thread.

Why even suggest aqua again? Just go ahead and say it: You'll vote for for anyone that keeps yourself or Rean from being lynched.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 21 2013 17:39 GMT
#743
On November 22 2013 02:31 Bereft wrote:
I don't see how mocsta's question is a scum claim. he's giving you the opportunity to get some benefit of the doubt. which is pretty generous IMO.
He's trying to say that Mocs use of the word before means that Moc is saying that if rayn is lynched to day it will be a mislynch.

It's a total misrepresentation of what Moc is saying.

Like I could ask you "Have you ever been skydiving before?" even if we aren't currently skydiving.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 21 2013 19:28 GMT
#753
On November 22 2013 04:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Just because look at the last line.

At the time of the comment Mocsta was dead set on lynching me, had his vote on me and wouldn't listen to any other argument. So the " even if we aren't currently skydiving" is a laughable misrepresentation from JarJar.


What are you talking about?

You were trying to imply that Moc asking this question:

"Have you been mislynched before?"

meant the same as:

"Is this the first time you're being mislynched?"


That is a total misrepresentation.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 21 2013 20:31 GMT
#767
On November 22 2013 05:00 cDgCorazon wrote:
This lynch is so stupid. I can't believe you guys let Mocsta take you by the balls and vote out Rayn just because they were having an ego fight.
I wanted to lynch Rean. Rayn decided jump on the grenade. And now he pretty much wants to lynch ANYONE else.

I think him "marytring" himself is bullshit. As evidenced by the fact that he only kept his vote on himself for a little bit and unvoted as soon as Onegu voted for mocsta so he could see if he could get people to rally behind that lynch.

Even though he had just said 8 minutes prior "I actually wanna get lynched and i am willing to lynch myself"
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 21 2013 20:55 GMT
#771
I think you're scum because of your hard-defending of Rean. I can't see a town motive for you to go apeshit about how we're mislynching him. You just can't be that sure about someone that you thought was scum @ one point. I think he's your scumbuddy and you're doing everything you can to keep him out of the noose.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 21 2013 21:06 GMT
#775
On November 22 2013 05:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
If you think i am scum because of defending him that can't possibly be true if Rean is not scum. Therefore you should be voting for Rean and not me.

/dunked
lol. So I should be voting for Rean even though my vote wouid be totally wasted there instead of for you who is also a scumread of mine?
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 21 2013 21:09 GMT
#776
On November 22 2013 06:01 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Also if you seriously think i would lynch myself over Rean (if we were scumbuddies) you are out of your mind.
I don't think that's what you're trying to do. I think you're trying to not get either of you lynched. Like I've been saying, you don't care who gets lynched, as long as it isn't one of you 2.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 21 2013 21:25 GMT
#778
On November 22 2013 05:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2013 05:55 JarJarDrinks wrote:
I think you're scum because of your hard-defending of Rean. I can't see a town motive for you to go apeshit about how we're mislynching him. You just can't be that sure about someone that you thought was scum @ one point. I think he's your scumbuddy and you're doing everything you can to keep him out of the noose.

First of all that's not what your posts imply. You did not vote for me for defending Rean. You voted me for something else.
If you think i am scum because of defending him that can't possibly be true if Rean is not scum. Therefore you should be voting for Rean and not me.

/dunked

##Unvote:
##Vote: JarJarDrinks

also this is the post I made right before I changed my vote to you:
On November 21 2013 23:32 JarJarDrinks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2013 23:21 jampidampi wrote:
How does admitting mistakes make someone town? You seem quite certain that he is in fact town.
Especially since Rayn had a scumread on Rean earlier in the day. Basically the fact that Rean admitted he made a mistake makes Rayn switch from thinking he's scum, to balls out hardcore defending him.
So yes I sure as heck DID imply that I thought your defense or Rean was scummy.

wanna try again?
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 21 2013 22:08 GMT
#782
On November 22 2013 06:55 raynpelikoneet wrote:
[*]He talks about anything but why Rean is scum, all he says is "all other cases are crap"
My original case on Rean:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 21 2013 01:12 JarJarDrinks wrote:
K, so I think Rean looks pretty bad too. Like really bad. Almost every one of his posts seem scummy to me.

Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 12:50 Rean wrote:
On November 20 2013 12:37 cDgCorazon wrote:
I took a shower. Sorry for not wanting to smell bad.

Moc, I'm quite concerned that you have already used up >25% of your "self-allotted posts". If you're going to start spamming, it's going to be a problem.

Now to my goals/early game statements:

1. I'm not gonna make any meta crap posts. TBH I don't remember anyone's meta and it's ridiculously stupid logic. I'm not going to stand for it and I don't think you guys should either.

2. I'm voting for the scummiest person. My last game was Titanic and it came down to 3-4 days of "X is scum, Y/Z/Q is scum as well". That led the town way off of the path and allowed my scum team the easiest scum win in a very long time. I don't care if they're not on the two lynch trains that are going to form. It's not instant majority so as long as I feel like I'm voting for the scummiest person in my opinion, I'm going to be happy with my vote.

3. I'm going to do my best to not be just an onlooker. I'm gonna try and facilitate discussion and ask a lot of questions instead of just answering questions and throw my ideas out there and just create more chaos.

On that note, sciberia needs to stop analyzing the first page so hard and just discuss. We're not going to find scum on the first page. You guys just need to talk instead of being at each other's throats 30 minutes into the game.



Couldn't agree more. Also, don't shit up the thread with useless spam like the LXIII game please. I tried keeping up but the amount of shit posts just trolling/making useless jokes/comments is unbearable and makes it impossible to tell low-laying scum from trolling townies. If anyone goes around posting stupid oneliners without saying anything meaningful they have my vote >.>
Says nothing about the game. Makes an empty threat. Posts completely obvious stuff.


Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 12:55 Rean wrote:
On November 20 2013 12:52 Bereft wrote:
Rean, what do you think of Mocsta thus far?


Talks a lot, seems awfully certain of everything he says.
That's not what he thinks of Mocsta. That's telling us how Mocsta has been acting. It's a recap and nothing more. Did he really think that Bereft was asking how Mocsta was acting and NOT whether he though he scummy or not?

Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 13:14 Rean wrote:
On November 20 2013 13:04 Aquanim wrote:
On November 20 2013 12:55 Rean wrote:
On November 20 2013 12:52 Bereft wrote:
Rean, what do you think of Mocsta thus far?


Talks a lot, seems awfully certain of everything he says.

@Rean
Given this, which way are you leaning on Mocsta in terms of alignment?


I'd say town, scum is typically more laidback. But could just be a good scumbag.
So Aqua follows up and he give a very non-committal answer of "probably town but could be scum".

Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 13:36 Rean wrote:
Aquanim, you're constantly asking but never saying much about what you think. Gimme one town and one scum and reasons why please.
@ least aqua is asking stuff. Rean never asked a question or gave any read, aside from the non read I posted above after he was asked TWICE. All his posts were stating the obvious/answering questions unrelated to reads.

Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 15:50 Rean wrote:
Smartass comment that I couldn't resist: + Show Spoiler +
On November 20 2013 15:28 Mocsta wrote:post 10

On November 20 2013 15:29 Mocsta wrote:post 12

consider getting one of these, you could use it :3
[image loading]


More seriously: Mocsta, good post by post analysis but I don't agree with it all. Your points on both Scib and Corazon make sense but I think you're falling into the "he must be scum so I'll try to interpret everything he says as scummy" trap a little with Cora.

In particular: + Show Spoiler +
On November 20 2013 13:24 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 13:20 Aquanim wrote:
@Corazon
I'd like you to elaborate more on why you think sciberbia is scum. I don't entirely understand your argument at present.

He's trying to get us to tunnel each other early so he can just sit around and piggyback on town lynches and point the finger at others.

This is demonstrated when he essentially copies my post asking thrawn if he was a mason (deliberately, his post was at least 2-3 minutes after mine) and then decides that he can take my words and twist them when I pressure him about it.

This is what troubles me about sciberia right now.

seems like a legitimate point to me rather than a scum-slip. But it could be a way of distancing himself from Scib if he flips red.

I also want to see Aquanim under a bit of pressure to see how he reacts but let's not do everything at once.

And the lack of 5 people is rather disappointing still.
Now here he seems to defend cora. He said earlier that he liked coras case on sci. He tells Moc that he's falling into the "he must be scum so I'll try to interpret everything he says as scummy" trap. And then again w/ the same non-committal read he gave Mocsta with "seems like a legitimate point to me rather than a scum-slip. But it could be a way of distancing himself from Scib if he flips red".

Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 16:08 Rean wrote:
On November 20 2013 15:56 Mocsta wrote:
(A) Discredit me slightly - which is OK, the problem is the non-firm opinion on Corazon or Sciberbia
(B) Subtlely sway convo to Aquanim - again this could be OK in isolation, but I dont like with (A)
(C) Comment about lack of followup from 5 people.


B and C are there as a reminder. Aquanim feels to me like he's getting by too comfortably, but for now its a small lean towards scum as opposed to Corazon/Scib feeling much more scummy to me.

And I'm not discrediting you, I want to warn you not to tunnelvision. Tunnelvision impairs you from thinking logically and it's lost me games in the past because I was convinced I was right and tried to make everything seem as if I was. Maybe that's why I seem non-commital, I don't want to repeat the same mistake. You're right that C/S are acting dodgy but don't close your mind.

On November 20 2013 15:57 Aquanim wrote:
@Mocsta
If Corazon and sciberbia are both scum, what was their motive for going after one another as they have so early? It's focused a lot of attention on the two of them, and I can't imagine that being what scum wants.

@Rean
Why do you want to see me in particular pressured?


To me you look like you're in the position that if I were scum I'd love: sit back, ask some questions, give some non-commital opinions from time to time and earn easy town credit while not under any real pressure.

So one of your questions back at you: if you had a vig shot that only hit scum, who would you aim it at right now and why?
So apparently, he now has a scumread from cora? Wasn't he JUST defending him?

##Vote: Rean




On November 22 2013 06:55 raynpelikoneet wrote:
[*]How JJD treats his scumread Rean. He never interacts with him
Me, interacting w/ Rean:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 21 2013 13:42 JarJarDrinks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2013 13:26 Rean wrote:
On November 21 2013 13:05 Bereft wrote:
Rean is my top lynch candidate atm, guys. one more thing to add:

On November 21 2013 03:10 Rean wrote:
Forgot this:

On November 21 2013 01:12 JarJarDrinks wrote:Now here he seems to defend cora. He said earlier that he liked coras case on sci. He tells Moc that he's falling into the "he must be scum so I'll try to interpret everything he says as scummy" trap. And then again w/ the same non-committal read he gave Mocsta with "seems like a legitimate point to me rather than a scum-slip. But it could be a way of distancing himself from Scib if he flips red".


I do think Cora is acting scummy but when I see people making what I think is a mistake/wrong interpretation in their arguments I still feel the need to point it out. That isn't defending Cora, it's making sure the suspicion on him is valid and not there because of flawed arguments.

i really don't like this. basically he's admitting to defending Cora even though he thinks Cora is scummy. why? because he believes Mocsta's thought process is flawed.

if I think someone is scum and someone arrives to the same conclusion albeit a different method, i don't see the need to correct them. it's not like he says: "yo i think the way you arrived at your conclusion a bit weak, but i agree with the ultimate end conclusion that cora is scum". he says "Mocsta, good post by post analysis but I don't agree with it all. Your points on both Scib and Corazon make sense but I think you're falling into the "he must be scum so I'll try to interpret everything he says as scummy" trap a little with Cora." if anything, i analyze their case and see if it strengthens or invalidates my own read.

##Vote: Rean


How many fucking posts will I have to answer where people make statements WITHOUT READING THE FUCKING POST THEY'RE QUOTING. I, in exact words say I'm not trying to defend Cora and you see that as admitting to defending him?
I was pointing out a mistake in Mocsta's logic because I didn't want him to use poor arguments that Cora could easily deflect. Is this wrong in your eyes?
And your "it's not like he says", both things are the fucking same just differently worded.

You can say you weren't trying to defend cora. But you were. Moc made an argument and you said it was flawed. There's no other way to interpret that.

And you didn't even point out what you didn't like about mocstas case. WHy did you think that Moc was falling into the trap? How could cora have easily deflected his argument? By saying "Your logic is flawed because you think I'm scum." ?

On November 21 2013 13:47 JarJarDrinks wrote:
Not sure if my point came across there.

what I'm saying is, you said that you were "pointing out a mistake in Mocsta's logic".

But saying that Moc is falling into the "he must be scum so I'll try to interpret everything he says as scummy" trap is NOT a flaw in logic. It could explain why Moc was using faulty logic. But it's not a mistake in logic itself.

On November 21 2013 13:52 JarJarDrinks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2013 13:47 JarJarDrinks wrote:
Not sure if my point came across there.

what I'm saying is, you said that you were "pointing out a mistake in Mocsta's logic".

But saying that Moc is falling into the "he must be scum so I'll try to interpret everything he says as scummy" trap is NOT a flaw in logic. It could explain why Moc was using faulty logic. But it's not a mistake in logic itself.
I keep coming up w/ better ways to phrase what I'm asking. My real question is this:


Why when you read Mocs case did you think that he might be falling into that trap? How come you didn't read it and think "that makes sense", especially since you had a scumread on cora?


bed now for me too

On November 21 2013 14:03 JarJarDrinks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2013 13:55 Rean wrote:
On November 21 2013 13:42 JarJarDrinks wrote:
On November 21 2013 13:26 Rean wrote:
On November 21 2013 13:05 Bereft wrote:
Rean is my top lynch candidate atm, guys. one more thing to add:

On November 21 2013 03:10 Rean wrote:
Forgot this:

On November 21 2013 01:12 JarJarDrinks wrote:Now here he seems to defend cora. He said earlier that he liked coras case on sci. He tells Moc that he's falling into the "he must be scum so I'll try to interpret everything he says as scummy" trap. And then again w/ the same non-committal read he gave Mocsta with "seems like a legitimate point to me rather than a scum-slip. But it could be a way of distancing himself from Scib if he flips red".


I do think Cora is acting scummy but when I see people making what I think is a mistake/wrong interpretation in their arguments I still feel the need to point it out. That isn't defending Cora, it's making sure the suspicion on him is valid and not there because of flawed arguments.

i really don't like this. basically he's admitting to defending Cora even though he thinks Cora is scummy. why? because he believes Mocsta's thought process is flawed.

if I think someone is scum and someone arrives to the same conclusion albeit a different method, i don't see the need to correct them. it's not like he says: "yo i think the way you arrived at your conclusion a bit weak, but i agree with the ultimate end conclusion that cora is scum". he says "Mocsta, good post by post analysis but I don't agree with it all. Your points on both Scib and Corazon make sense but I think you're falling into the "he must be scum so I'll try to interpret everything he says as scummy" trap a little with Cora." if anything, i analyze their case and see if it strengthens or invalidates my own read.

##Vote: Rean


How many fucking posts will I have to answer where people make statements WITHOUT READING THE FUCKING POST THEY'RE QUOTING. I, in exact words say I'm not trying to defend Cora and you see that as admitting to defending him?
I was pointing out a mistake in Mocsta's logic because I didn't want him to use poor arguments that Cora could easily deflect. Is this wrong in your eyes?
And your "it's not like he says", both things are the fucking same just differently worded.

You can say you weren't trying to defend cora. But you were. Moc made an argument and you said it was flawed. There's no other way to interpret that.

And you didn't even point out what you didn't like about mocstas case. WHy did you think that Moc was falling into the trap? How could cora have easily deflected his argument? By saying "Your logic is flawed because you think I'm scum." ?


It's not defending him, it's making sure Cora can't defend himself as easily by making sure the arguments are solid.

As for your second point, when you quoted the post where "I defend Cora", did you happen to notice that the reason for my comment on Mocsta's post was in the same damn post right below what you quoted? With further explanation in the next post when Mocsta asks me about it?

OK right, this sentence:

"seems like a legitimate point to me rather than a scum-slip. But it could be a way of distancing himself from Scib if he flips red."

I guess I forgot about that. You did give a reason. It just seems like a strange thing to say about someone you're reading as scum. If it's a legitimate point then he's not scum.




On November 22 2013 06:55 raynpelikoneet wrote:
[*]He never tries to convince anyone Rean is scum
Me, trying to convince people Rean is scum:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 21 2013 11:07 JarJarDrinks wrote:
@moc

What's your read on Rean right now? Do you think he's a bad lynch today?

On November 21 2013 23:13 JarJarDrinks wrote:
Jampi, what do you think of Rean?

On November 21 2013 23:18 JarJarDrinks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2013 23:15 jampidampi wrote:
On November 21 2013 23:13 JarJarDrinks wrote:
Jampi, what do you think of Rean?

Scummy, but not as scummy as Aqua.
So I take that to mean that if it's clear that aqua isn't gonna get lynched then you'd be happy to move your vote to Rean so we can get a majority?
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 22 2013 00:30 GMT
#845
On November 22 2013 09:19 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Look. I am really sure bot Rean and Jampidampi are town.
Rean i have given my reasons on.
Jampidampi because of his stance on me. Look how i went batshit crazy on him He stayed calm, he did not take the easy way out of saying "yeah rayn is scum, fuck you martyr shitting up the thread". Instead he said "i know what you did in NWM, you do this stuff, why am i scum according to you?". That was so really townie.

WHAT??? That was the exact reason you gave him a scumread earlier. You basically said that he was scum because he should be voting for you for shitting up the thread.

On November 22 2013 00:17 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Jampidampi that's a really bad post and there was no townie motivation behind my last 10 posts (towards anyone else than Mocsta - who i should probably realize is incapable to see the point anyways, my bad) because that's what i was trying to do.

I can't find any reasons why you should have not voted for me unless you know i am town and therefore scum.

JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 22 2013 02:07 GMT
#1003
On November 22 2013 09:36 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2013 09:30 JarJarDrinks wrote:
On November 22 2013 09:19 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Look. I am really sure bot Rean and Jampidampi are town.
Rean i have given my reasons on.
Jampidampi because of his stance on me. Look how i went batshit crazy on him He stayed calm, he did not take the easy way out of saying "yeah rayn is scum, fuck you martyr shitting up the thread". Instead he said "i know what you did in NWM, you do this stuff, why am i scum according to you?". That was so really townie.

WHAT??? That was the exact reason you gave him a scumread earlier. You basically said that he was scum because he should be voting for you for shitting up the thread.

On November 22 2013 00:17 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Jampidampi that's a really bad post and there was no townie motivation behind my last 10 posts (towards anyone else than Mocsta - who i should probably realize is incapable to see the point anyways, my bad) because that's what i was trying to do.

I can't find any reasons why you should have not voted for me unless you know i am town and therefore scum.


Yeah you have no idea how i play. But your vote is on me and you are scum so idgaf.

WTF kind of response is this? I point out a direct contridiction and your response is "you have no idea how i play". WTF does that even mean? How you play is that you give someone a scumread and then use that exact same reasoning later to give them a townread?
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 22 2013 02:48 GMT
#1065
Did cora just walk in and take away a flip? Cora, you're really voting for no-lynch?
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 22 2013 13:23 GMT
#1140
K, not gonna apologize about the flip. I'm sure I'll have plenty say to Rayn post-game. Escpecially if Rean really is scum (which I still think).

Gonna reread Onegu but I haven't thought he was scum @ all this game so I doubt that's gonna change. Not crazy about Holyflare so gonna look close @ him.

Also gonna look into Rayns other scumreads though I don't know how much stock I can put into them because of how wrong he was about me. But I don't feel like he could really go 0 for 3 in his reads so if I had to choose 1 scum between Moc and Bereft, right now I'm gonna say it's Moc. But this is before my reread.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 177
Rex101
ComeBackTV 64
SteadfastSC63
LiquipediaDiscussion
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
CosmosSc2 22
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech129
Rex 101
SteadfastSC 63
CosmosSc2 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 50359
Hyuk 1499
Jaedong 923
Soma 456
Soulkey 394
Horang2 394
EffOrt 375
BeSt 375
Mini 344
actioN 314
[ Show more ]
Stork 301
Last 296
Light 269
Zeus 247
ggaemo 235
Larva 189
910 163
Rush 135
Snow 132
ZerO 105
Killer 97
Pusan 73
Mind 70
Shine 49
JYJ 45
Free 42
Creator 41
hero 39
Sharp 37
Shinee 33
sorry 26
Bale 24
Yoon 23
ToSsGirL 23
Terrorterran 18
HiyA 14
yabsab 12
Noble 12
Sacsri 8
Icarus 7
Rock 4
Dota 2
Gorgc9272
Dendi693
Counter-Strike
markeloff268
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1683
crisheroes1257
Other Games
gofns42035
singsing2041
olofmeister1379
B2W.Neo753
hiko417
byalli306
Pyrionflax289
XBOCT282
DeMusliM247
ArmadaUGS96
Mew2King69
Liquid`VortiX42
QueenE36
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1876
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream120
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH342
• StrangeGG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1712
Other Games
• WagamamaTV183
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
20h 53m
OSC
23h 53m
Stellar Fest
23h 53m
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 23h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.