• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:37
CEST 06:37
KST 13:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9366 users

Esports contributor: Azuwho? - Page 14

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 28 Next All
Jojo131
Profile Joined January 2011
Brazil1631 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-06 15:14:09
June 06 2013 15:13 GMT
#261
My poor uneducated mind is still having trouble connecting the dots and understanding the situation, anyone wanna help me a bit? T_T
anemoneya
Profile Joined October 2010
58 Posts
June 06 2013 15:22 GMT
#262
wait until someone make good translation of articles :/

some good ones to translate are:

http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/index.php?news=58729&iskin=esports
http://www.newstomato.com/ReadNews.aspx?no=370460
http://news.nate.com/view/20130606n12148

don't try google translate you know it sucks for korean->english
caradoc
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada3022 Posts
June 06 2013 15:27 GMT
#263
Nobody else finds the name of the paper company 'Multi-Luck Investments' hilarious? o_O
Salvation a la mode and a cup of tea...
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
June 06 2013 15:28 GMT
#264
Where will I watch all my favorite SC2 players stream?!
Wat
caradoc
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada3022 Posts
June 06 2013 15:44 GMT
#265
On June 07 2013 00:28 Tenks wrote:
Where will I watch all my favorite SC2 players stream?!



I dunno man.... I dunno...
Salvation a la mode and a cup of tea...
Ichabod
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1659 Posts
June 06 2013 15:46 GMT
#266
On June 07 2013 00:44 caradoc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2013 00:28 Tenks wrote:
Where will I watch all my favorite SC2 players stream?!



I dunno man.... I dunno...

Too early to give up yet. There's still youtube and livestream!
a3den
Profile Joined April 2012
704 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-06 15:52:59
June 06 2013 15:47 GMT
#267
Just as I expected, no surprise really...

Loxley deserves a good round of applause for his work
caradoc
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada3022 Posts
June 06 2013 16:06 GMT
#268
On June 07 2013 00:46 Ichabod wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2013 00:44 caradoc wrote:
On June 07 2013 00:28 Tenks wrote:
Where will I watch all my favorite SC2 players stream?!



I dunno man.... I dunno...

Too early to give up yet. There's still youtube and livestream!


It was sarcasm
Salvation a la mode and a cup of tea...
SinCitta
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany2127 Posts
June 06 2013 16:12 GMT
#269
On June 07 2013 00:27 caradoc wrote:
Nobody else finds the name of the paper company 'Multi-Luck Investments' hilarious? o_O


Asian companies often have some "good luck" stuff in their names.
Sunfish
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Austria162 Posts
June 06 2013 16:13 GMT
#270
On June 07 2013 00:46 Ichabod wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2013 00:44 caradoc wrote:
On June 07 2013 00:28 Tenks wrote:
Where will I watch all my favorite SC2 players stream?!



I dunno man.... I dunno...

Too early to give up yet. There's still youtube and livestream!


No way, after Azubu everyone is going to move to dailymotion, the only legitimate streaming client. It is known.
retired from goodgame agency and now freelancing fucking everywhere -- come follow me at @william_partin
caradoc
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada3022 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-06 16:24:01
June 06 2013 16:19 GMT
#271
On June 07 2013 01:13 Sunfish wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2013 00:46 Ichabod wrote:
On June 07 2013 00:44 caradoc wrote:
On June 07 2013 00:28 Tenks wrote:
Where will I watch all my favorite SC2 players stream?!



I dunno man.... I dunno...

Too early to give up yet. There's still youtube and livestream!


No way, after Azubu everyone is going to move to dailymotion, the only legitimate streaming client. It is known.


it is known. :D

On June 07 2013 01:12 SinCitta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2013 00:27 caradoc wrote:
Nobody else finds the name of the paper company 'Multi-Luck Investments' hilarious? o_O


Asian companies often have some "good luck" stuff in their names.


yeah, I know. It could be a terrible translation too-- I used to go to a Chinese food place near my old university which had the english name 'double greeting wonton house', before I could read chinese characters I just assumed it was a weird word for word translation. Then I learned that the chinese sign said something like '7 happiness small restaurant'... To this day I cant figure out where the weird english name came from.
Salvation a la mode and a cup of tea...
520
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2822 Posts
June 06 2013 16:30 GMT
#272
Your secrets are safe with us at AZUBUcom.
Writer
Fabozi
Profile Joined March 2011
Slovakia336 Posts
June 06 2013 16:35 GMT
#273
Well that was kinda expected but their streaming service seems legit.
dNa
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany591 Posts
June 06 2013 16:37 GMT
#274
On June 07 2013 01:06 caradoc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2013 00:46 Ichabod wrote:
On June 07 2013 00:44 caradoc wrote:
On June 07 2013 00:28 Tenks wrote:
Where will I watch all my favorite SC2 players stream?!



I dunno man.... I dunno...

Too early to give up yet. There's still youtube and livestream!


It was sarcasm


yeah how dare he bringing up youtube and livestream as legitimate candidates for the new starcraft 2 streaming site, because they really do have a big shot there... man people just don't sarcasm right.
"a pitchfork is for hay. a trident is for killing bitches." -djwheat
Puph
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada635 Posts
June 06 2013 16:59 GMT
#275
Yes, lets all pretend that Azubu's situation was 100% obvious. Classy. If they're proven to be legit, are we going to jump on the "I knew it!" bandwagon again?

The fact is; Nobody knows what they do or how they did it. Companies shroud their practices for reasons other than money laundering and investment fraud, no reason to act all high and mighty about how privvy you are to all this knowledge that may not even be true.

Anyways.
Intel Dual Core 4400 @ ~2.00GHz / 2046MB RAM / 256 MB ATI Radeon x1300PRO
Otolia
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
France5805 Posts
June 06 2013 17:20 GMT
#276
On June 06 2013 21:31 elevatorpurplemonkey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2013 05:39 Otolia wrote:
Azubu is a shady organisation and this whole ordeal reeks of money laundering from miles away. If I was still in Berlin I would visit the Handelzentrum just to see if there is indeed anything space lent by Azubu.

Proof of this?

Well I am not in Berlin so I cannot confirm myself. But IHZ website (the place where they are supposed to be located) doesn't mention Azubu at all. With the recent revelations, I assume the adress is only there for mailbox purposes.or just fictitious.
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
June 06 2013 17:32 GMT
#277
well, gg esports
:)
WellLetsStart
Profile Joined June 2013
6 Posts
June 06 2013 17:40 GMT
#278
And what does Gapielon have to do with all of this?
Website: http://www.azubu.net/
http://www.azubu.eu/
http://www.gapielon.com/
Search for azubu on the German business register: https://www.handelsregister.de/rp_web/mask.do?Typ=e
WellLetsStart
fapy
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia52 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-07 12:28:42
June 06 2013 17:46 GMT
#279
On June 07 2013 00:13 Jojo131 wrote:
My poor uneducated mind is still having trouble connecting the dots and understanding the situation, anyone wanna help me a bit? T_T


Basic TL;DR of my understanding. Please correct me if i got something incorrect, or am missing something.

Azubu is supposedly a german company located in Berlin, and South Korea, except their office in Berlin doesn't exist, or at least not where they say it is. According to their co-founder, they also have a game studio in south korea (which no one knows about).

A guy called Lars Windhorst who people claimed to be the CEO. Lars has been found guilty of fraud and is close to a guy called Seok Ki Kim, another criminal who has been wanted in korea since the 90s. Rumor says that Lars helped Kim Launder money months ago. Their former CEO is South Korean llir kusari, some relatively unknown guy who, has also been convicted of fraud and theft.

Kim owns a company called Multi-Luck Investment, in British Virigin islands to avoid taxes, who is the only shareholder of a company called SYSK, Which own the trademark of Azubu.
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
June 06 2013 17:57 GMT
#280
On June 07 2013 02:32 synapse wrote:
well, gg esports


azubu = all. gg indeed
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 172
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2096
Snow 106
NaDa 43
Bale 32
Noble 17
Icarus 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm178
Counter-Strike
taco 503
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1416
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1298
WinterStarcraft629
Other Games
summit1g8060
JimRising 645
PiGStarcraft288
C9.Mang0182
ArmadaUGS168
Maynarde141
Sick95
ViBE76
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick694
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream155
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki151
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota284
League of Legends
• Lourlo1259
• Rush914
• Stunt323
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 23m
OSC
8h 23m
Stellar Fest
8h 23m
OSC
19h 23m
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.