• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:12
CEST 17:12
KST 00:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War185.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202620Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9901 users

[Stream] Math Help

Forum Index > User Streams
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
VorcePA
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States1102 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-07 03:18:12
April 05 2011 23:12 GMT
#1
Callipygian's Math Help

Hey, everyone. I decided to start a stream for when I have some free time. I'm hoping to make this a regular thing with a set schedule, but who knows where it's going to go. Anyway, I've started this stream specifically for people to come in and ask any math questions they might have trouble with. From the description I have on justin.tv:

Currently accepting any questions math-related within my abilities, including:

Arithmetic
Pre-algebra
Algebra I
Algebra II
Geometry
Pre-calculus
Trigonometry
Calculus I* (Math 181, for most colleges/universities)

* Note: I am currently taking Calculus I, and as such only feel comfortable answering questions on limits, the first derivative, and the second derivative. As I make my way through the course I will add more subjects until I am finally able to answer questions relating to any part of the class.

Feel free to ask questions about other subjects of math. A lot of math you can pick up on from other math classes, for instance I haven't taken linear algebra, but I could probably just jump right in and do it (no guarantees, thought)


Posting this up on TL.net first because I wub joo guys so huggy, muggy much. :D

Broadcasting tonight (April 6th) at 9:30 p.m. (4:30 GMT)
Shitposting
GreatFall
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1061 Posts
April 05 2011 23:27 GMT
#2
Damn. Where were you when I was still in school? Good luck with your Stream!
Inventor of the 'Burning Tide' technique to quickly getting Outmatched Crusher achivement :D
kineSiS-
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Korea (South)1068 Posts
April 05 2011 23:47 GMT
#3
If you want I can specialize in all of Calculus I. High school kind, so non rigorous. AP Calc BC = a joke.
WarChimp
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Australia943 Posts
April 05 2011 23:47 GMT
#4
This is interesting. Hopefully your stream will still be up for when I actually start my massive study for end of year exams. Luckily those exams aren't happening for another 2 terms. But I still got end of topic exams that I could definitely look to you for help if I get stuck on a question. Luckily I'm in high school so they shouldn't take long to answer at all.

Best of luck with your stream and I will be looking into it in the near future.
endGame
Profile Joined June 2009
United States394 Posts
April 05 2011 23:50 GMT
#5
Baww I wish you were here a few semesters ago when I was in Calc I. Math is the bane of my existence. Good luck with your stream. <3
"...As the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they will and the weak suffer what they must." -Thucydides
~ava
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada379 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-05 23:52:02
April 05 2011 23:50 GMT
#6
Does everybody here know about Khan Academy yet? It's a great way to pick up new skills and its geared towards math/engineering subjects. Khan Academy

Happy birthday to above poster! ^^
Alphonsse
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States518 Posts
April 05 2011 23:54 GMT
#7
This is a really cool idea for a stream. I'd love to pop in and review material from some of those subjects as it has been 2-3 years now since I have taken a math class . I envy your position of just now starting calculus, it's a fun subject to study. How far are you planning on going with math?
mardi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1164 Posts
April 06 2011 00:01 GMT
#8
This is pretty cool man. Only wished you knew how to solve parametrics and 3-D graphs of planes, shapes, velocity, and such.
LanTAs
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1091 Posts
April 06 2011 00:13 GMT
#9
thx for helping me out ^.^(im Qhsa92) im probaby going to visit your stream a lot more cause testing is next week
Incanus
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada695 Posts
April 06 2011 02:18 GMT
#10
For extra legitimacy points, make sure to say "trivial!" to anything you don't feel like proving or explaining.
Flash: "Why am I so good?" *sob sob*
Z3kk
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4099 Posts
April 06 2011 02:23 GMT
#11
On April 06 2011 08:47 kineSiS- wrote:
If you want I can specialize in all of Calculus I. High school kind, so non rigorous. AP Calc BC = a joke.



Hmm sorry to derail (>__<) but...I've heard from many people that the way to go is to skip AB, because BC not only includes AB, but AB composes a small(ish) portion of BC.

...is this true? :/ I've heard from some (who skipped AB) that AB is easy to skip, but I know many very, very, very intelligent people in AB who say that AB is actually quite hard...
Failure is not falling down over and over again. Failure is refusing to get back up.
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-06 02:28:20
April 06 2011 02:27 GMT
#12
On April 06 2011 11:23 Z3kk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2011 08:47 kineSiS- wrote:
If you want I can specialize in all of Calculus I. High school kind, so non rigorous. AP Calc BC = a joke.



Hmm sorry to derail (>__<) but...I've heard from many people that the way to go is to skip AB, because BC not only includes AB, but AB composes a small(ish) portion of BC.

...is this true? :/ I've heard from some (who skipped AB) that AB is easy to skip, but I know many very, very, very intelligent people in AB who say that AB is actually quite hard...

At my school, the entirety of AB is covered in the first semester of BC, with the second semester going into Taylor Series and basic multivariate calculus, among other topics.
So I'd say that's true.


On April 06 2011 11:18 Incanus wrote:
For extra legitimacy points, make sure to say "trivial!" to anything you don't feel like proving or explaining.

Yes, do this
Translator:3
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
April 06 2011 02:28 GMT
#13
On April 06 2011 11:18 Incanus wrote:
For extra legitimacy points, make sure to say "trivial!" to anything you don't feel like proving or explaining.


Yep, throw in a "convince yourself" here and there as well! :p
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
April 06 2011 02:38 GMT
#14
Can you do discrete mathematics? :D
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
April 06 2011 02:38 GMT
#15
On April 06 2011 08:27 GreatFall wrote:
Damn. Where were you when I was still in school? Good luck with your Stream!


This, I failed my Math like twice, why weren't you here before?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Poo
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada536 Posts
April 06 2011 02:53 GMT
#16
On April 06 2011 08:12 VorcePA wrote:
Callipygian's Math Help

Hey, everyone. I decided to start a stream for when I have some free time. I'm hoping to make this a regular thing with a set schedule, but who knows where it's going to go. Anyway, I've started this stream specifically for people to come in and ask any math questions they might have trouble with. From the description I have on justin.tv:

Show nested quote +
Currently accepting any questions math-related within my abilities, including:

Arithmetic
Pre-algebra
Algebra I
Algebra II
Geometry
Pre-calculus
Trigonometry
Calculus I* (Math 181, for most colleges/universities)

* Note: I am currently taking Calculus I, and as such only feel comfortable answering questions on limits, the first derivative, and the second derivative. As I make my way through the course I will add more subjects until I am finally able to answer questions relating to any part of the class.

Feel free to ask questions about other subjects of math. A lot of math you can pick up on from other math classes, for instance I haven't taken linear algebra, but I could probably just jump right in and do it (no guarantees, thought)


Posting this up on TL.net first because I wub joo guys so huggy, muggy much. :D


I'm really sure there will be some individuals that'll put this to good use. It's really enlightening to see someone volunteering their time and math knowledge to help others (and for free). Props to you bro. I did something very similar to this at a local high school with troubled math 12 students (im canadian.. different system)- I hope you receive as much satisfaction helping/teaching as I did.
Try hard or don't try at all.
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
April 06 2011 03:09 GMT
#17
...yeah Calc 1 is Math 31 for us
Moderator
VorcePA
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States1102 Posts
April 06 2011 03:18 GMT
#18
On April 06 2011 08:54 Alphonsse wrote:
This is a really cool idea for a stream. I'd love to pop in and review material from some of those subjects as it has been 2-3 years now since I have taken a math class . I envy your position of just now starting calculus, it's a fun subject to study. How far are you planning on going with math?


I'll be doing Calculus I, II, and III and also differential equations. My major is mechanical engineering.

I'll be streaming again later tonight after I finish my homework.

And on that note: if a mod sees this thread: how should I let people know I'm streaming? Can I just bump this blog? Obviously I'm not going to put in the SC2 list of streams or anything, soooo...?
Shitposting
BrTarolg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom3574 Posts
April 06 2011 04:16 GMT
#19
<<<

Desperately needs help on functional analysis and number theory
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
April 06 2011 04:51 GMT
#20
I might just watch for shits n giggles, sounds like a fountain of knowledge for fray
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34684
Calm 6299
Bisu 2678
Jaedong 1042
Horang2 674
BeSt 463
Rush 438
Soma 372
Larva 341
Stork 285
[ Show more ]
Light 282
Zeus 204
ZerO 201
Snow 188
Barracks 125
Mind 113
910 108
Free 105
Killer 72
Mong 41
Shinee 40
Hyun 40
ToSsGirL 37
Trap 34
Terrorterran 30
Bale 24
Aegong 23
Pusan 23
Rock 21
sorry 21
Hm[arnc] 20
Sexy 13
Sacsri 10
Liquid`Ret 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8706
XaKoH 356
Counter-Strike
fl0m3656
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes509
Other Games
singsing2544
B2W.Neo1026
hiko756
Lowko356
Mlord330
DeMusliM189
Hui .186
Livibee180
mouzStarbuck174
RotterdaM99
ToD82
Trikslyr73
QueenE61
Mew2King47
KnowMe46
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile1171
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix23
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3488
• Jankos2206
• TFBlade710
Other Games
• Shiphtur483
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 48m
Big Brain Bouts
18h 48m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 1h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 3h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 18h
Patches Events
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.