• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:54
CEST 12:54
KST 19:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11073 users

[Stream] Khaldor - Page 293

Forum Index > User Streams
Post a Reply
Prev 1 291 292 293 294 295 329 Next
English only on TL please.
Khaldor
Profile Joined March 2008
Germany861 Posts
September 25 2011 12:09 GMT
#5841
It's pretty funny how you guys seem to know exactly what I was thinking when I made that post 2 years ago. Especially as don't even remember what exactly made me post it.

The post is obviously pretty exaggerated and I still think that a game as StarCraft 2 needs a lot more individual skill than DotA. What needs skill in Dota is the teamplay, beside that point StarCraft (or back then WarCraft III) needs a lot more skill to play.

The reason why I think DotA 2 might be a game that's going to have its role in eSports is the money behind it. A kickoff tournament with 1.000.000 Dollars is a pretty good indicator that we will see quite a lot of this game probably.

But feel free to continue arguing about a two year old post that was clearly written to start a discussion ^^
Tutorials, Quick Tips and Guides: www.YouTube.com/KhaldorTV
Massing
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany354 Posts
September 25 2011 12:19 GMT
#5842
the 1mill. dollar tourney was organized by valve, so pure marketing to get it hyped up.
It says absolutlty nothing about its esport potential in a longer term.
Khaldor
Profile Joined March 2008
Germany861 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-25 14:01:53
September 25 2011 12:52 GMT
#5843
I know that it was sponsored by Valve. And you can trust me that I know a little bit more about whats going on behind the curtain than you do. That's not meant to be condescending, just a fact.

The point is that I can picture DotA 2 playing a part in eSports. I couldn't when it came down to DotA1 and I think I was not wrong back then (or do you disagree?). I don't know if Dota2 will be able to evolve into an esports titel, but I wouldn't be surprised as there's a huge community backing it up.

In regards to eSports I'm still on the opinion though that StarCraft is the game that needs more individual skill and is furthermore easier to grasp for somebody who doesn't follow esports as close as users on TL do. I don't see how an 2 year old blogpost changes that. Since than a lot has happened and gaming as a whole has come quite a long way.

Cheers, Khaldor

EDIT: the posted link is offline now. I didn't use that blog in 2 years and don't see any reason why I should feed trolls by answering two year old statements that I made :rolleyes:
Tutorials, Quick Tips and Guides: www.YouTube.com/KhaldorTV
BigNaptizzle
Profile Joined September 2011
3 Posts
September 25 2011 14:15 GMT
#5844
sure, why should u leave any bad publicity for you online :D?
rEalGuapo
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany832 Posts
September 25 2011 14:23 GMT
#5845
On September 25 2011 21:52 Khaldor wrote:


EDIT: the posted link is offline now. I didn't use that blog in 2 years and don't see any reason why I should feed trolls by answering two year old statements that I made :rolleyes:



What up coward? Afraid to stay with one opinion for too long?

Afraid you won't get into casting DotA2, even though you started taking the game serious about a week ago, think it requires little to no skill and have no idea about how it is played?
Admittedly hat would be pretty unfair....
I wish you the best of luck in casting SC2.
Khaldor
Profile Joined March 2008
Germany861 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-25 15:21:19
September 25 2011 14:29 GMT
#5846
Why am I a coward :D I already replied on the posts you made. And I dont even get what all this fuzz is about. Do you simply want to troll and hate or do you actually have a point?

I made a blogpost two years ago that was pretty controvercial. Since then I've changed as has eSports. DoTA2 has features that DOTA1 didnt have which makes observing and following the game a lot easier for casters. In addition TobiWan is in Berlin and I've been talking to him quite a lot over the last few months about DotA in general which has also changed my take on the game. I still favor StarCraft 2 as an eSports Title but with all the support Dota2 is getting I can picture the game becoming an eSport title as well.

So what exactly is your problem? That I think Dota2 might become an eSports game whereas I thought very little of Dota1 becoming one? Can you please get serious? ^^
Tutorials, Quick Tips and Guides: www.YouTube.com/KhaldorTV
Khaldor
Profile Joined March 2008
Germany861 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-25 15:22:44
September 25 2011 14:39 GMT
#5847
On September 25 2011 23:15 BigNaptizzle wrote:
sure, why should u leave any bad publicity for you online :D?


I deleted it because I'm tired of the trolling. If you guys want to discuss that topic simply create one on my facebook page and I'll be happy to answer all the questions you got. But apparently somebody is really really bored with his life and spammed that link on TL, YT, FB and god know's where. I'm not able to respond everywhere to such crap so I deleted it.

If the answers I gave you guys in this thread don't suffice you can open that thread I talked about and I'll be happy to answer your questions. I don't even mind posting that blogentry again if it makes you happy. But I won't empower idiots whose only goal seems to be to try to defame me.

Cheers, Khaldor
Tutorials, Quick Tips and Guides: www.YouTube.com/KhaldorTV
BigNaptizzle
Profile Joined September 2011
3 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-25 15:47:25
September 25 2011 15:46 GMT
#5848
The thing is, you insulted the dota community as a whole with that blog and conjured up the exact opposite of what actually happened in the last couple of years. Furthermore, you didn't only bash on the observer features as you are trying to make us believe (which aren't that much improved besides the auto-camera in dota2, just btw.) but you made fun of the game and the gameplay principles itself and basically stated, that you are not going to take the whole Action-RTS genre serious at all.

Now that the tides are turning, you think that its a good opportunity to jump on that bandwagon and make profit of a game, you originally just laughed about? Thats in my opinion utter mockery towards the dota community and I can just hope that other ppl, who remember that blog-entry boycott you whenever its possible, as its the only reasonable reaction I can think of.
Khaldor
Profile Joined March 2008
Germany861 Posts
September 25 2011 15:54 GMT
#5849
If that's your opinion I can't help it and I actually don't see a point in arguing about that as your opinion is apparently set. Don't really get why people get hung up on a post I made two years ago and apparently deny me the right to change my opinion.

Feel free to boycott my casts whenever you want, it certainly won't stop me casting the game as long as I enjoy doing so. Sorry you are so agitated about the whole thing but to be honest I think that you are blowing the whole topic way out of proporting. But that's just me.
Tutorials, Quick Tips and Guides: www.YouTube.com/KhaldorTV
clayn
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany444 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-25 16:14:45
September 25 2011 16:14 GMT
#5850
Holy shit whats up in here.. I thought everybody likes Khaldor O.O
Are you guys serious? You're talking about a TWO YEARS old statement? the world has worse problems...


Khaldor don't feed the trolls! :D
P0ckets
Profile Joined January 2011
United States430 Posts
September 26 2011 16:11 GMT
#5851
Can we please get a flag next to his name for what language he is casting in????
Erandorr
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
2283 Posts
September 26 2011 16:55 GMT
#5852
On September 26 2011 01:14 clayn wrote:
Holy shit whats up in here.. I thought everybody likes Khaldor O.O
Are you guys serious? You're talking about a TWO YEARS old statement? the world has worse problems...


Khaldor don't feed the trolls! :D


Welcome to the german community there is a reason I only visit TL :/
ChaosTerran
Profile Joined August 2011
Austria844 Posts
September 28 2011 13:19 GMT
#5853
I actually agree with Khaldor, I used to play Dota 1 for almost 2 years, but SC or even WC3 take alot more skill and if you are not familiar with the game it's alot easier to understand SC (just as a spectator) it's even easier to understand than WC3, because of all the items and heros and what not. SC2 is simple to watch but takes alot more skill than Dota, whereas Dota is alot more complicated to watch and if you are not familiar with the game at all it's alot less interesting to watch.

I played alot of DOTA, but I never really watched any DOTA games because I simply thought it was extremely boring to watch, so yes I also think that DOTA, LOL and HON are bad esports games (assuming they are, which im not sure about).

All 3 games are really repetitive, you always play on the same map and strategies are pretty much set in stone. What makes SC2 so much more interesting to watch is the amount of creativity and pure skill a player can use to come up with new build or new awesome plays.

Dota, lol and hon however are really really repetitive games and having played dota 1 for so long, I personally won't play Dota2 or LOL ever, it's simply nothing new, they are all essentially the same game with better/different graphics.

I still don't understand why people are still playing these games, I got bored after 2 years of playing DOTA and during all the time I played the game I never felt like it would be a good esports game either, all the Dota-esque games are good casual games but definitely no esport games.
Ludwigvan
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany2373 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-08 16:17:03
October 08 2011 16:13 GMT
#5854
someone special wants to say goodbye. ^^
[image loading]
Khaldor
Profile Joined March 2008
Germany861 Posts
October 11 2011 13:10 GMT
#5855
Haha :D Great picture! Thank you very much! I hope you guys will be happy with my casting for GOM! I'll do my best to fulfill the expectations!
Tutorials, Quick Tips and Guides: www.YouTube.com/KhaldorTV
MCMXVI
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway1193 Posts
October 11 2011 14:51 GMT
#5856
I browsed a few pages back, but no answer to my question..;

when will you start casting for gom? GSL oct/nov?
In capitalist America, bank robs YOU!
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
October 11 2011 15:04 GMT
#5857
On October 11 2011 23:51 MCMXVI wrote:
I browsed a few pages back, but no answer to my question..;

when will you start casting for gom? GSL oct/nov?


Starting next GSL season, he's arriving in Seoul on 21st October according to his last Facebook post.
Tomken
Profile Joined January 2010
Norway1144 Posts
October 21 2011 07:23 GMT
#5858
Stream Strelok vs Snute please!!1
MBCGame HERO FIGHTING!!!~
Wunder
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2950 Posts
October 21 2011 07:56 GMT
#5859
It was really laggy at one point, but now it's alright.
Writer@joonjoewong
Canuckdizzle
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada8 Posts
October 21 2011 07:56 GMT
#5860
Stream is lagging horribly in game.
Prev 1 291 292 293 294 295 329 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings87
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko144
ProTech133
SHIN 50
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 1124
Mind 1021
Bisu 786
Larva 626
Shuttle 586
Mini 165
EffOrt 133
Soma 116
Leta 106
Zeus 101
[ Show more ]
Last 92
Hyun 85
Sexy 70
Pusan 65
PianO 55
ZerO 54
Hm[arnc] 35
ToSsGirL 34
Trap 34
sorry 31
Killer 30
Bale 25
Aegong 18
yabsab 17
Sacsri 7
JulyZerg 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe571
XaKoH 384
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1432
Other Games
gofns40005
singsing2152
crisheroes337
OGKoka 184
Mew2King126
B2W.Neo70
ArmadaUGS59
Livibee19
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick576
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream171
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 66
• LUISG 36
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
• Gemini_19 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8147
League of Legends
• Jankos1348
• Stunt1033
Upcoming Events
Online Event
6m
FEL
5h 6m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 6m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 6m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 6m
INu's Battles
1d 1h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.