• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:22
CEST 18:22
KST 01:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12913 users

[Stream] Destiny - Page 75

Forum Index > User Streams
Post a Reply
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 164 Next
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 07 2011 16:26 GMT
#1481
That's kind of offensive to be honest. I'm usually very lenient and understanding, but what was the goal of doing that pattern/image?

Everything else you do I understand because it's just mannerisms and gamer-lingo/argot. But this just seems like poor taste ._.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
flodeskum
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1267 Posts
July 07 2011 16:37 GMT
#1482
Perhaps those infestors are hindus.
IdrA: " my fans are kinda retarded"
kekstier
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany70 Posts
July 07 2011 16:38 GMT
#1483
I'm a big fan, I had the honor witness the CombatEZ thing live (wich was the most hillarious thing regarding sc2 i've ever seen, even the idra mma gg was nothing compared to this)
But this picture is beh :/
clayn
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany444 Posts
July 07 2011 16:47 GMT
#1484
well, i like destiny and his stream pretty much. but when you play in front of an audience you should think about such stupid moves, srsly.
moltenlead
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada866 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-07 17:11:21
July 07 2011 17:08 GMT
#1485
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Well, first thing that came to my mind was the Hindu swastika. Unless he just screwed it up and was looking for the Nazi one, in which case it was not tasteful in the slightest.

Also, was there lag that game which allowed him to do that?
DJFaqU
Profile Joined May 2011
466 Posts
July 07 2011 17:09 GMT
#1486
On July 08 2011 01:26 Torte de Lini wrote:
That's kind of offensive to be honest. I'm usually very lenient and understanding, but what was the goal of doing that pattern/image?

Everything else you do I understand because it's just mannerisms and gamer-lingo/argot. But this just seems like poor taste ._.


Offensive to you personally or are you just saying that as a white knight kind of thing?
Because as a jewish guy, I personally don't give a shit.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-07 17:12:42
July 07 2011 17:12 GMT
#1487
On July 08 2011 02:09 DJFaqU wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2011 01:26 Torte de Lini wrote:
That's kind of offensive to be honest. I'm usually very lenient and understanding, but what was the goal of doing that pattern/image?

Everything else you do I understand because it's just mannerisms and gamer-lingo/argot. But this just seems like poor taste ._.


Offensive to you personally or are you just saying that as a white knight kind of thing?
Because as a jewish guy, I personally don't give a shit.


If I was trying to be a white knight, do you think I'd admit it?
I'm Jewish as well (not heavily or anything) and I found it a bit bothersome. I just don't see the point of it to be quite frank. I get it, it's his stream he can do what he wants and usually that's understandable considering he shouldn't have to change himself or his mannerisms for a bunch of touchy people, but what is the point of that image?

It doesn't bother you, but do you see any worth or intention with this?
Anyways, I'm not going to make a big deal out of it, I'm not crying my eyes out, just a bit disappointed.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Brainiac
Profile Joined May 2011
Poland641 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-07 17:16:39
July 07 2011 17:16 GMT
#1488
Personally I don't care about this screenshot, but Destiny just shouldn't do that. This may cause a lot of drama. I mean, it's the Internet, someone is gonna feel hurt.

BTT: I love his stream
Si vis pacem para bellum
Bargorf
Profile Joined May 2011
United States23 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-07 17:28:40
July 07 2011 17:23 GMT
#1489
On July 08 2011 02:12 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2011 02:09 DJFaqU wrote:
On July 08 2011 01:26 Torte de Lini wrote:
That's kind of offensive to be honest. I'm usually very lenient and understanding, but what was the goal of doing that pattern/image?

Everything else you do I understand because it's just mannerisms and gamer-lingo/argot. But this just seems like poor taste ._.


Offensive to you personally or are you just saying that as a white knight kind of thing?
Because as a jewish guy, I personally don't give a shit.


If I was trying to be a white knight, do you think I'd admit it?
I'm Jewish as well (not heavily or anything) and I found it a bit bothersome. I just don't see the point of it to be quite frank. I get it, it's his stream he can do what he wants and usually that's understandable considering he shouldn't have to change himself or his mannerisms for a bunch of touchy people, but what is the point of that image?

It doesn't bother you, but do you see any worth or intention with this?
Anyways, I'm not going to make a big deal out of it, I'm not crying my eyes out, just a bit disappointed.


I'm a religious Jew and I totally see where you are coming from. That being said, I love Destiny's stream and I know that anything he says / does is all in good faith, EVEN if there is no point to it. I think we should stop looking for the meaning / reason of what is said or done, and just focus on the entertainment that he presents.

Edit: I've dealt with anti-semitic remarks and actions my entire life and it's important to realize that:
1. The person may not be serious.
or
2. If they are, it's best to ignore it because we can't change who someone is.
Haplo
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany67 Posts
July 07 2011 17:26 GMT
#1490
On July 08 2011 02:09 DJFaqU wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2011 01:26 Torte de Lini wrote:
That's kind of offensive to be honest. I'm usually very lenient and understanding, but what was the goal of doing that pattern/image?

Everything else you do I understand because it's just mannerisms and gamer-lingo/argot. But this just seems like poor taste ._.


Offensive to you personally or are you just saying that as a white knight kind of thing?
Because as a jewish guy, I personally don't give a shit.



I´m not jewish but there is a reason why such things are forbidden in germany and whats more important its just disgusting.
If you are jewish or not, to not give a shit is really ignorant in my opinion.
Tweleve
Profile Joined March 2011
United States644 Posts
July 07 2011 17:49 GMT
#1491
On July 08 2011 02:16 Brainiac wrote:
Personally I don't care about this screenshot, but Destiny just shouldn't do that. This may cause a lot of drama. I mean, it's the Internet, someone is gonna feel hurt.

BTT: I love his stream


God forbid someone on the internet gets offended at something
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Tyrr
Profile Joined March 2011
United States216 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-07 17:59:35
July 07 2011 17:59 GMT
#1492
The swastika actually doesn't have a purely negative meaning. If you're angry over this symbol stop looking at it as solely a Nazi Party thing. The actual meaning of it roughly translates to "Good luck"

Or you can continue looking at it anti-semitically and get mad over nothing.
im bad
JoeAWESOME
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden1080 Posts
July 07 2011 18:08 GMT
#1493
I can't wait for Judge Judy, hopefully your application was enough to convince them. Would be so fun to see you dressed up argumenting to that Kid that thinks he's a hacker

Make it happend Steven!
Simply Awesome! - Liquid'Ret - NSHoSeo_Seal - coLMVP_DRG - EG_Idra - Fnatic.NightEnd
nuMi22
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom165 Posts
July 07 2011 18:11 GMT
#1494
On July 08 2011 02:59 Tyrr wrote:
The swastika actually doesn't have a purely negative meaning. If you're angry over this symbol stop looking at it as solely a Nazi Party thing. The actual meaning of it roughly translates to "Good luck"

Or you can continue looking at it anti-semitically and get mad over nothing.


Yes because that's what Destiny meant :D. Don't kid yourself, he's a controversial guy and that's why he has so many fans. I couldn't care less about the swastika incident but I knew this would happen.
Jaedong. That is all.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-07 18:29:33
July 07 2011 18:29 GMT
#1495
On July 08 2011 02:59 Tyrr wrote:
The swastika actually doesn't have a purely negative meaning. If you're angry over this symbol stop looking at it as solely a Nazi Party thing. The actual meaning of it roughly translates to "Good luck"

Or you can continue looking at it anti-semitically and get mad over nothing.


Be realistic and stop trying to pull a Dan Brown. It's meaning and its intended use are clear here.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Sqq
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway2023 Posts
July 07 2011 18:37 GMT
#1496
On July 08 2011 03:29 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2011 02:59 Tyrr wrote:
The swastika actually doesn't have a purely negative meaning. If you're angry over this symbol stop looking at it as solely a Nazi Party thing. The actual meaning of it roughly translates to "Good luck"

Or you can continue looking at it anti-semitically and get mad over nothing.


Be realistic and stop trying to pull a Dan Brown. It's meaning and its intended use are clear here.


exactly. it has other meaning, but it is so strongly associated with the nazi party that trying to explain that in any other way is just plain dumb.
Dead girls don't say no.
MrDudeMan
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada973 Posts
July 07 2011 18:41 GMT
#1497
On July 08 2011 03:29 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2011 02:59 Tyrr wrote:
The swastika actually doesn't have a purely negative meaning. If you're angry over this symbol stop looking at it as solely a Nazi Party thing. The actual meaning of it roughly translates to "Good luck"

Or you can continue looking at it anti-semitically and get mad over nothing.


Be realistic and stop trying to pull a Dan Brown. It's meaning and its intended use are clear here.


I agree that the meaning of the swastika has changed since WW2 and that anyone who stills preaches the "In hindu its not a negative meaning" thing is wrong. But I think its just something random he did, I think he was just clicking a lot and then just drew something random. I do agree that it was a bad move on his part, though I'm sure you also know he isn't anti-semitic.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 07 2011 18:43 GMT
#1498
Yeah, I know. Don't worry, I'm not exactly hugely pissed off. Just silly/dumb thing to do. Taking freedom of expression to a new level.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
kudlaty_true
Profile Joined November 2009
Poland158 Posts
July 08 2011 10:34 GMT
#1499
Jesus Christ, you people are giving in to this swastica crap WAY too much. It's just a drawing. He was bored because of some random lag, so he drew a swastica. Big deal. He's not anti semitic or what-not. When I get bored, I draw penises, boobs, swasticas, satanic signs, all that crap which comes to mind and I recall from some graffitti on a wall or whatever. It's just something that you do, when you have a pencil and a piece of paper. You draw. That doesn't mean you're about to hang jews or burn crosses and rape some virgins for christ sake.
Chill. tf. out and just enjoy his streams. On the first page of this thread is a warning, anyway, that if you are offended by any of the language or slurs, than you should join in for the lulz.
Besides. If you can't laugh at yourself for being a human being, whatever your ethnicity or relligion is, than you are just a giant doushe, anyway.
DooMNoThx
Profile Joined January 2011
Bulgaria185 Posts
July 08 2011 10:53 GMT
#1500
Hello Destiny, thx for the wonderful stream! I wanted to ask you with the settings you are playing what is your ~FPS ingame while streaming ? Thx in advance.
Only those who can see the invisible ... can do the impossible ... NoThx's TV : http://www.twitch.tv/doomnothx
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 164 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM809
TKL 318
IndyStarCraft 209
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 809
ByuN 321
TKL 318
Reynor 315
IndyStarCraft 209
Railgan 75
BRAT_OK 31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53104
Bisu 2769
Calm 2489
FanTaSy 740
Stork 581
Rush 469
hero 283
firebathero 178
actioN 125
Sharp 90
[ Show more ]
Sea.KH 60
Free 51
Mong 30
ToSsGirL 30
Pusan 27
soO 25
Rock 24
HiyA 18
Hm[arnc] 16
Terrorterran 14
Aegong 13
scan(afreeca) 11
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc10619
Dendi1017
Counter-Strike
fl0m5318
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK11
Other Games
singsing2000
Liquid`RaSZi1577
B2W.Neo676
Beastyqt591
Khaldor506
Mlord467
olofmeister424
KnowMe333
crisheroes171
FrodaN71
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV249
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 16
• Adnapsc2 13
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach47
• Azhi_Dahaki4
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV531
League of Legends
• Nemesis3305
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1539
Other Games
• Shiphtur513
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 38m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 38m
OSC
6h 38m
Replay Cast
6h 38m
OSC
19h 38m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.