• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:22
CEST 17:22
KST 00:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7671 users

The Ladderland, by TS eLiot - Page 3

Forum Index > TSL2 Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Zinbiel
Profile Joined October 2008
Sweden878 Posts
November 19 2009 08:39 GMT
#41
the TS eLiot pun already did it for me, great stuff.
Backho fan since 080416. Favourite terran: Mind. Favourite Zerg: Jaedong.
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
November 19 2009 14:24 GMT
#42
awesome, simply amazing
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
Kaervek56
Profile Joined August 2008
Australia273 Posts
November 19 2009 15:45 GMT
#43
man that was good...just wow o_o
Endrek
ArcticxWolf
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada45 Posts
November 20 2009 01:34 GMT
#44
OH MY GOD.
ASDF
Squeegy
Profile Joined October 2009
Finland1166 Posts
November 20 2009 09:36 GMT
#45
Great job! :D While I like the original quite much too, this takes the cake!
Stan: Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly. Cartman: Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonnaise.
lilsusie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
3861 Posts
November 21 2009 01:12 GMT
#46
http://users.rcn.com/xanax/eliot/the_burial_of_the_dead.html

Here's the original if you guys wanna read. GOOD JOB, SIR!! <3
Follow me on Twitter for pictures of cute gamers and food! https://twitter.com/lilsusie
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
November 21 2009 01:24 GMT
#47
On November 19 2009 17:39 Zinbiel wrote:
the TS eLiot pun already did it for me, great stuff.

lol i didn't even notice that
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-01 22:23:15
November 21 2009 17:31 GMT
#48
On November 21 2009 10:24 Hot_Bid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 19 2009 17:39 Zinbiel wrote:
the TS eLiot pun already did it for me, great stuff.

lol i didn't even notice that


Literally the sole reason I came up with this....

***


PART II is UP.
+ Show Spoiler +
II. A GAME OF C's

THE chair the leader sat in, like an office chair,
Grew hotter and hotter, where the cushion
Held up by the bodies of the defeated
From which a timid noob peeped out
(Another hid his keyboard behind his back)
Caught on fire from the pressure of the hundred headed hydra
Putting heat upon the chair as
The cream of the crop rose to meet it,
From ivory keyboards typed in rich profusion;
In rooms of wires and shining monitors
Unslept, lurked his strange dreams of glory
Pungent, powdered, or team liquid-excited, trembling,
And drowned in the sea of TSL-ers; stirred by the premonition
That freshened the foreigner scene, these ascended
In fattening the prolonged hype-flames,
Flung their bodies onto the pyre,
Stirring the waves of indifference.
Mass gaming fed with enthusiasm
Burned red, then yellow, then blue, framed by the green brick,
In which great light, a hundred minnows swam.
Below the equine mantel was displayed
As though a window gave upon the mythic scene
The charge of Hot-Bid, by the cry of the barbaric braavosian
So gallantly states; yet there the howler monkey
Filled all the jungle with inviolable voice
And still we cried, and still the world pursues,
“Go, Go, Go!” to anxious ears.
And other withered stumps of time
Were told upon the forums; staring forms
Leaned out against the current, to the cheering crowd outside.
Running footsteps fell hard upon the street
Under the torchlight, under the banner there,
Spread out in light blue and white
The spade, the club, now nothing is still.

‘My apm is bad to-night. Yes, bad. Stay with me.
‘Play with me. Why do you never answer? Play.
‘Who are you thinking of playing? What match-up? What?
‘I never know who you are playing. Play.

I think we are in the minus’s alley
Where the dead men lost their expansions.

‘What is that noise?’
Your base is under attack.
‘What is that noise now? What are the zerglings doing?’
Loss again loss.
‘Do
‘You lose everything? Do you improve nothing? Do you replay
‘Nothing?’
I remember
Those are mutas that were his larva.
‘Are you alive, or not? Is there nothing in your base?’
But
O O O O that XiaOzI’ian multitask-
It’s so elegant
So intelligent
‘What shall I do now? What shall I do?’
‘I shall rush out as I am, and walk into his base
‘With six marines and two medics. What shall he do?
‘What shall we ever do?’
The base is at ten.
And he hasn’t built sunkens.
And he still kills my attack,
With lidless zerglings, waiting for my feeble knock upon his door.

When I got rocked, I said-
I didn’t mince my words, I said to myself,
I WANT TO PLAY OCTZERG NEXT
Now he’s asking for a game, play smarly.
He’ll want to know what you’ve done with the resources you’ve mined
To get yourself some marines. You did, I built them.
You took them all out, October, and get a nice win,
He said, I swear, come visit Macedonia any time!
And I making zerglings is easy, I said, and think of poor Greg,
He has been in Korea one and half years, he wants to get standard play
And if you don’t give it to him, there’s others will, I said.
Oh is there, he said, Making zerglings is easy, I said.
Then I’ll know what to do, he said, and killed me with mutas.
I WANT TO PLAY LIMBIC NEXT
If you can’t make it, we can’t play it, he said.
Others can make games and choose if they want to play.
But I can’t, and it won’t be for lack of trying
You ought to be ashamed, I think to have such an antique.
(And it’s less than a year old.)
I can’t help it, and I pull a funny face,
It’s them games I played, I lost them all, I said.
(I’ve played five already, and nearly died in all five.)
A Swede said it would be alright, but I’ve never been the same.
You are a proper Scandinavian, I said.
Well, if the ladder won’t leave you alone, there it is, I said,
What if you play well, and don’t get wins?
I WANT TO PLAY SOMEONE NEXT
Well, that was Saturday morning, I was back, they had a hot seat,
And they asked me in to play, to get the beauty of it hot-
I WANT TO PLAY
I WANT TO
Goodnight Computer. Goodnight Ladder. Goodnight Moon. Goonight
Ta ta. Goodnight. Goonight.
Good night, noobies, good night, sweet noobies, good night and go, go, go.


ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
BroOd
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Austin10833 Posts
November 22 2009 01:00 GMT
#49
tree.hugger you rock, thats so good.
ModeratorSIRL and JLIG.
horang3
Profile Joined November 2009
United States261 Posts
November 22 2009 06:19 GMT
#50
Brilliant!
Do great work
LosingID8
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
CA10835 Posts
November 22 2009 07:25 GMT
#51
hahahaha keep up the great work
ModeratorResident K-POP Elitist
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
November 22 2009 08:32 GMT
#52
LOOOOOOOOOOL WTF SO GOOD
Moderator
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
November 22 2009 08:44 GMT
#53
I lost it while reading this.
lilsusie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
3861 Posts
November 22 2009 12:06 GMT
#54
hahahahhaha LOVE ITTTT
Follow me on Twitter for pictures of cute gamers and food! https://twitter.com/lilsusie
vGl-CoW
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Belgium8305 Posts
November 22 2009 14:01 GMT
#55
this owns
Moderatorfollow me on twitter if u think ur so tough @BooyaCow
tarpman
Profile Joined February 2009
Canada723 Posts
November 22 2009 17:48 GMT
#56
incredible. really really good!
Saving the world, one kilobyte at a time.
StromThurmann
Profile Joined November 2009
United States4 Posts
November 23 2009 03:56 GMT
#57
wow this is wonderful!
Reading phone book ftw
NSANE.hydra
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States644 Posts
November 23 2009 06:15 GMT
#58
fucking epic!
"fuck mech...I could 4pool and as long as he's simply PLANNING on going mech, I'll lose"
ShinyGerbil
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada519 Posts
November 23 2009 06:56 GMT
#59
amazing. looking forward to the rest!
[s]savior[/s] jaedong fighting! // member of LighT eSports
_Grazze_
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
834 Posts
November 23 2009 09:01 GMT
#60
nice work! :D
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM401
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 401
Reynor 231
ByuN 185
TKL 130
Railgan 78
Codebar 59
BRAT_OK 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 59046
Bisu 2907
Calm 1208
FanTaSy 1028
Stork 838
Rush 401
hero 392
firebathero 198
Snow 129
Sharp 86
[ Show more ]
Free 72
Mind 65
ToSsGirL 39
Trap 38
Pusan 37
Sexy 29
Bale 27
Mong 26
Hm[arnc] 20
soO 20
Terrorterran 20
Rock 18
Aegong 18
HiyA 14
Sacsri 9
Shine 8
Noble 8
scan(afreeca) 8
IntoTheRainbow 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8545
Dendi1118
Counter-Strike
fl0m4537
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Other Games
singsing2223
Liquid`RaSZi1474
B2W.Neo704
olofmeister543
Beastyqt493
Mlord470
Khaldor445
KnowMe314
Hui .222
crisheroes172
Chillindude66
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV260
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV581
League of Legends
• Nemesis3513
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1750
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 38m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 38m
OSC
7h 38m
Replay Cast
7h 38m
OSC
20h 38m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.