• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:47
CEST 18:47
KST 01:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7785 users

MLP Mare-A-Thon II

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-11 08:23:43
December 09 2011 01:07 GMT
#1
[image loading]
Because why the hell not!




Event has concluded. What an amazingly fun night.

Thank you to everyone who showed.



Our Second My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Mare-A-Thon


The first Mare-A-Thon blew all the expectations clean out of the water. And it was pretty much the best night ever.

So we're doing another one.

On Saturday, December 10th, in the wee hours of the morning (for Americans), right after the most recent episode of FiM airs on The Hub, we will once again meet up in one place to hang out as friends, to talk ponies and StarCraft and life, and to simply enjoy an exceptionally fun show together. And maybe to win some more free pony swag because in case you haven't noticed we are still completely awesome.

Like last time, we will be airing the full run of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, liberally sprinkled with PMVs and music and prize trivia and all kinds of win. Once the first season is over we will have a brief intermission, then we'll dive into season 2.

We shattered all expectations last time when we broke 82 people. Since that time, the list of fans has grown. I hope you can all make it to the showing - be it for just one episode, or to stay for the entire run - and help make it the best night ever.

Ladies and gentlemen.

Open night at the drive-in.



[image loading]




When:
  • Saturday, Dec 10 4:00pm GMT (GMT+00:00)
    We begin our pre-show right after the new MLP episode airs on Saturday

Where:
  • http://www.synchtube.com/r/CaneCraft
  • Live chat will take place in IRC, channel #tlponies on QuakeNet

http://webchat.quakenet.org/
Pick a name, join room #tlponies

Alternatively, grab mIRC (recommended).
+ Show Spoiler [Brief mIRC setup guide] +

Very brief mIRC guide:
_____________________

  • Download and install mIRC:
    http://www.mirc.com/get.html

  • Start mIRC, and setup:

    • Enter your nickname
      + Show Spoiler +
      [image loading]
      Alternate name field is there in case your preferred name is taken

    • Select the server:
      + Show Spoiler +
      [image loading]
      Select any Quakenet server

    • Recommended: Add identd information
      + Show Spoiler +
      [image loading]
      Just add YourNick in the name field; everything else should be filled already

    • Optional: Go back to Connect tab and enter name and e-mail
      + Show Spoiler +
      [image loading]
      QuakeNet likes these. Once filled, press "Connect".

  • Join the channel
    + Show Spoiler +
    [image loading]
    Delete all those asschannels from your favorites list and add #tlponies, then join it

  • Success!
    + Show Spoiler +
    [image loading]



Setup is mostly the same for ChatZilla.



Prizes/giveaway

Once again, there will be contests held during the first season, giving everyone a chance to win some free pony swag, sponsored by yours truly and StarDragon. All answers to the trivia questions must be posted in the thread unless otherwise specified.

See? I told you we're completely awesome.


Final words

Starting December, this will most likely be a trimonthly event. The variables may change but the core remains the same: To get together, to watch MLP, to hang out with friends, to talk about everything, to have fun.

If you want in on this, jump on the chance now. It will be a while before we see it again!



I am Cane, your host, I bid you welcome.


[image loading]
Image by JohnJoseco
TL+ Member
Gary Oak
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2381 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-09 01:11:43
December 09 2011 01:11 GMT
#2
My excitement for this cannot be expressed in mere words.

Thanks for putting this together again, Cane and StarDragon!

/)^3^(\
[14:15] <+Skrammen> I like clicking Gary's links, kinda. Its like playing with lava.
Camail
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1030 Posts
December 09 2011 01:13 GMT
#3
This event is amazing. Whether you come for 1 hour, or all 16, it will be the highlight of your month.

You see, when this community thinks of something awesome, we do it.
http://i.imgur.com/IPxgv.png
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
December 09 2011 01:14 GMT
#4
On December 09 2011 10:13 Camail wrote:
This event is amazing. Whether you come for 1 hour, or all 16, it will be the highlight of your month.

You see, when this community thinks of something awesome, we do it.


Read: Minecraft. So... yes, pretty much.
TL+ Member
520
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2822 Posts
December 09 2011 01:18 GMT
#5
I will absolutely be attending this one! I didn't make it for most of the first one, and that makes me super sad.
Writer
PT Ogur
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada2 Posts
December 09 2011 01:33 GMT
#6
i'll be there
StarDragon
Profile Joined March 2010
United States283 Posts
December 09 2011 01:53 GMT
#7
Its going to be a blast!
:D We have a lot of fun suprises planned for you guys!
Can't wait to see everyone there.
Ponies? My deviantart: http://stardragon102.deviantart.com/
Kirb
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany900 Posts
December 09 2011 01:57 GMT
#8
Not sure how long I'll tune in since i have i plans for the weekend but I'll be there at some point for sure- pinky promise ( they still didn't use this...)
ZealotKiller
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada161 Posts
December 09 2011 02:04 GMT
#9
Can't believe I'll miss the whole event this time T.T After watching the entirety of the first mare-a-thon, I'll have to bail out of this second one. Really sad, but it's the finals and that's life! I'll come back in the IRC around the 20th, don't want to be too distracted till then, cyall later!
I just like liking things.
Cedstick
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada3336 Posts
December 09 2011 02:29 GMT
#10
Is MLP the new Sonic yet, where people create their own Pony persona? Persony....?
"What does Rivington do when he's not commentating?" "Drool." ~ Categorist
viralintruder
Profile Joined August 2011
Jamaica140 Posts
December 09 2011 02:48 GMT
#11
I'll try to tune in...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sprungjeezy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1313 Posts
December 09 2011 02:53 GMT
#12
I'll definitely be there for this one. I would probably kill for a Rainbow Dash shirt.
Gary Oak
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2381 Posts
December 09 2011 02:57 GMT
#13
Good news for everypony hoping to win something: Cane informed me that those that won stuff during the last Mare-A-Thon can't win stuff this time, so you won't have to compete with me for pony swag!
[14:15] <+Skrammen> I like clicking Gary's links, kinda. Its like playing with lava.
d3_crescentia
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4054 Posts
December 09 2011 03:15 GMT
#14
I missed the last one, but I'll be around to catch this one so I can finally see what the MLP phenomenon is all about. Can't wait.
once, not long ago, there was a moon here
JeosAdn
Profile Joined September 2011
Costa Rica432 Posts
December 09 2011 03:22 GMT
#15
I just want to thank the TL staff for being so awesome and letting this thread exist! Really, I am grateful for the community you guys have built, and the sub-community it has spawned.

Oh and also Cane, for setting up things and all that

I will try to be around as much as I can, which, being in vacations, means pretty much for the whole thing. yay~
MeShiet
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada290 Posts
December 09 2011 03:27 GMT
#16
AWW YEA~ I was planning on having my own marathon right after my last day of class tomorrow but I think this calls for some resisting, just so I can watch it with my favourite bunch of bronies again.
If you die this way, you won't live to tell anyone how you died
Punkahollic
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands8 Posts
December 09 2011 04:33 GMT
#17
You...just booked my entire saturday...YES!!!!

<3<3<3 YEAH!

Started watching so I could make fun of people saying they love MLP....then I was trapped by the magic and couldnt escape.
And I wouldnt have it any other way!! :D
GypsyBeast
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada630 Posts
December 09 2011 04:45 GMT
#18
i wont be able to make it for most of this because of exams but ill try and pop by for a few episodes :D
Ya? Well ill BM you harder! Another win in 10 seconds flat! -Rainbow Dash playing SC2.
Crisium
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1618 Posts
December 09 2011 05:08 GMT
#19
Get hype. #1 was a great success, let's do it even better.
Broodwar and Stork forever! List of BW players with most Ro16, Ro8: http://tinyurl.com/BWRo16-Ro8
DuB phool
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1003 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-09 05:46:31
December 09 2011 05:44 GMT
#20
Pony overdose! Oh wait, that's impossible. You can ALWAYS take more ponies.

I'm so epic-hyped. Maybe I can grab one of my friends I've converted and force them to sit through it with me. Mueheheh...

Oh, and I CANNOT WAIT for more intense IRC-singalongs. Nothing in the world is that much fun!

Edit: I just realized... since this one is on a Saturday I could technically stay for the whole thing! I dunno if my parents/family will allow it (family computer and all), but I'll definitely be attending more of this one than #1. MORE EXCITEMENT.
"overwatch is jesus" - motbob 2016
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM627
TKL 206
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 543
ByuN 218
TKL 196
ProTech157
UpATreeSC 65
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29619
Calm 3274
Shuttle 1639
Jaedong 1015
Horang2 515
Mini 509
Soulkey 220
Rush 199
ZerO 156
firebathero 112
[ Show more ]
Snow 102
Mind 73
Zeus 68
hero 52
Shine 46
Hyun 36
Free 35
Sharp 26
sorry 26
Terrorterran 23
ToSsGirL 22
Aegong 20
PianO 20
Trap 20
Killer 19
Bale 18
JYJ 18
scan(afreeca) 16
Rock 13
Sexy 12
HiyA 11
Sacsri 9
Hm[arnc] 9
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc6473
Dendi1414
League of Legends
KnowMe29
Counter-Strike
fl0m3824
Fnx 543
x6flipin332
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King104
ChuDatz33
Other Games
singsing1963
Liquid`RaSZi1450
Beastyqt556
ceh9495
Khaldor305
crisheroes260
dupreeh243
C9.Mang0237
Livibee203
420jenkins202
IndyStarCraft 119
QueenE101
Trikslyr92
Dewaltoss67
JuggernautJason6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH284
• Hinosc 11
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3452
• WagamamaTV593
League of Legends
• Nemesis2475
• TFBlade484
Other Games
• Shiphtur785
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
17h 14m
INu's Battles
18h 14m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
20h 14m
OSC
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.