• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:56
CEST 11:56
KST 18:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6829 users

Ask TL Staff Anything - Page 620

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 618 619 620 621 622 789 Next
Please, if you are not staff, don't answer questions in this thread, even if you think you know the answer.

Also, please take complains about bans, question about TL as a site, etc to the Website Feedback Forum.
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51626 Posts
October 10 2014 13:45 GMT
#12381
On October 10 2014 13:32 NovemberstOrm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2014 02:53 Gamegene wrote:
Who (in your opinion) is an under recognized staff member?

disciple

wat?

since when?
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
October 10 2014 14:06 GMT
#12382
are you asking because you don't think he's under recognized or because you want to know when he was staffed?
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51626 Posts
October 10 2014 14:28 GMT
#12383
I don't think hes under recognized.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
boxerfred
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Germany8360 Posts
October 12 2014 09:56 GMT
#12384
Waiting for my TL order, no information has been given - where to get any news?
Aeromi
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
France14463 Posts
October 12 2014 10:14 GMT
#12385
On October 12 2014 18:56 boxerfred wrote:
Waiting for my TL order, no information has been given - where to get any news?

I think you received an email with infos. Maybe PM some staff like disciple, tree.hugger or Plexa.
https://twitter.com/DrAeromi | Updates on live tournaments: @StarCrafteSport
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
October 12 2014 19:10 GMT
#12386
On October 12 2014 19:14 Aeromi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2014 18:56 boxerfred wrote:
Waiting for my TL order, no information has been given - where to get any news?

I think you received an email with infos. Maybe PM some staff like disciple, tree.hugger or Plexa.

Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
boxerfred
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Germany8360 Posts
October 13 2014 09:58 GMT
#12387
On October 13 2014 04:10 Plexa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2014 19:14 Aeromi wrote:
On October 12 2014 18:56 boxerfred wrote:
Waiting for my TL order, no information has been given - where to get any news?

I think you received an email with infos. Maybe PM some staff like disciple, tree.hugger or Plexa.


<3
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
October 19 2014 04:32 GMT
#12388
hey Kadaver since your german did John F Kennedy actually say "I am a jelly donut" in Berlin?
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
October 19 2014 05:57 GMT
#12389
According to google I have no idea.
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-19 06:19:43
October 19 2014 06:16 GMT
#12390
On October 19 2014 14:57 KadaverBB wrote:
According to google I have no idea.


I looked it up and according to wikipedia he didn't. Guess I should have been clearer about what I was talking about. This what I was referring to by the way http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ich_bin_ein_Berliner#Jelly_doughnut_misconception


but basically if you're from berling something something something "Ich Ben ein Berliner" means I'm a jelly donut. does that make any more sense to you than it does to me because now I'm just more confused.
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
Nixer
Profile Joined July 2011
2774 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-19 19:35:18
October 19 2014 07:13 GMT
#12391
On October 19 2014 15:16 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2014 14:57 KadaverBB wrote:
According to google I have no idea.


I looked it up and according to wikipedia he didn't. Guess I should have been clearer about what I was talking about. This what I was referring to by the way http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ich_bin_ein_Berliner#Jelly_doughnut_misconception


but basically if you're from berling something something something "Ich Ben ein Berliner" means I'm a jelly donut. does that make any more sense to you than it does to me because now I'm just more confused.

If he would have left out "ein" from the phrase it would've sounded like he literally was from Berlin. But since he wasn't and wanted to show compassion and solidarity with the people of Berlin it's the correct way of saying it with the indefinite article "ein". If you you would say that exact phrase and you actually would be a resident of Berlin it could be interpreted as "I am a jelly doughnut" (Berlin doughnuts are great by the way) since "ein" isn't used and is omitted when you express your residence.

Hopefully that made it clearer.
Graphics
boxerfred
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Germany8360 Posts
October 19 2014 09:51 GMT
#12392
Out of interest (maybe I used the wrong keywords, but I couldn't find a thread on TL explaining it) I'd like to know some things about bans and mod notes: can you explain the weight of a mod note? Let's take me:

I got like 15 mod notes (roughly) and 2-3 temp bans afaik. When I go for another rage/stupid post, do you consider all warnings? Once you got banned, do mod notes expire? I know you are considering post counts (or at least the idea of being a veteran tl.net user), what else are you taking into consideration before warning/banning a user? Long story short - can you explain your banning/warning guidelines?
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-19 10:18:41
October 19 2014 10:18 GMT
#12393
Case by case, and the poster's entire history is always considered. We look at their post count/age, number of mod actions, time since their last mod action (if they've got a long history but been good for a long time then we might be more lenient), how bad the reported post is, etc etc. There is no strict flowchart of how to moderate though.
Moderator
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
October 20 2014 01:26 GMT
#12394
"this guy is terrible" mod notes count more than warnings
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Aeromi
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
France14463 Posts
October 21 2014 08:58 GMT
#12395
What's your favorite moment on TL ?
https://twitter.com/DrAeromi | Updates on live tournaments: @StarCrafteSport
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
October 21 2014 09:36 GMT
#12396
The "10x the player" moment comes to mind. That was pretty great.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
boxerfred
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Germany8360 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-21 12:38:51
October 21 2014 12:38 GMT
#12397
On October 20 2014 10:26 lichter wrote:
"this guy is terrible" mod notes count more than warnings

There's a difference between mod notes and warnings? Then I should probably say that I got 13-15 warnings and an unkown number of mod notes :D wait, that's not funny.
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
October 21 2014 12:43 GMT
#12398
On October 21 2014 21:38 boxerfred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2014 10:26 lichter wrote:
"this guy is terrible" mod notes count more than warnings

There's a difference between mod notes and warnings? Then I should probably say that I got 13-15 warnings and an unkown number of mod notes :D wait, that's not funny.

You just have mod actions so I wouldn't be concerned.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-21 12:47:54
October 21 2014 12:46 GMT
#12399
nvm
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
October 21 2014 12:57 GMT
#12400
On October 21 2014 21:46 The_Templar wrote:
nvm


Yes, but nvm.
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
Prev 1 618 619 620 621 622 789 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 104
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10491
Rain 3248
soO 482
BeSt 421
Stork 378
Soulkey 354
Soma 326
Rush 247
firebathero 224
Barracks 159
[ Show more ]
Sexy 92
Shinee 46
Killer 32
Shine 25
Sharp 24
HiyA 22
sorry 22
Sacsri 20
yabsab 18
Hm[arnc] 17
Mind 15
hero 14
Terrorterran 11
zelot 10
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5474
League of Legends
JimRising 415
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King122
Other Games
gofns35545
singsing1111
Pyrionflax199
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV228
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 53
• Sammyuel 45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV157
League of Legends
• Jankos2807
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4m
CranKy Ducklings23
CranKy Ducklings SOOP8
Patches Events
5h 4m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 4m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 4m
OSC
13h 4m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.