• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:39
CEST 16:39
KST 23:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9640 users

Cybercraft Tourmament 9.0 - Page 9

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
dgReborn
Profile Joined August 2010
United States453 Posts
September 01 2011 17:34 GMT
#161
On September 02 2011 02:32 Pokebunny wrote:
Fine, take the timestamp of my first post in this thread (when I would have signed up) and make that my signup timestamp. I know they have the timestamps with their google spreadsheet, so it shouldn't be too hard. Sound fair?

Obviously you have to convert kst to est but that sounds easy and fair enough to me.



"I was going to go on that ride but had to go to the bathroom"

"when i came back the line was 30 people long"

"i was totally going to get on that line ask my dad"

"I should be able to cut ahead of everyone"

I have no enemies, But i'm intensely disliked by my friends.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
September 01 2011 17:36 GMT
#162
??? That doesn't even make sense. It's obvious that if I'm posting in the thread that I can't attend because of MLG that I would sign up right then if I could come. He's giving people that signed up but dropped out later the chance to get their spot back, so you're essentially penalizing me for not signing up when I know I can't make it.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Venus.exe
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States285 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-01 17:39:34
September 01 2011 17:37 GMT
#163
On September 02 2011 02:29 dgReborn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2011 02:25 Pokebunny wrote:
So to clarify, you're essentially supporting the decision to not let me play because I bothered to check my calendar before signing up and saying "oh, I can't come, I'll be at MLG" rather than signing up without checking the date, and canceling my signup the week of the tournament when I realize they're the same weekend. And the people who signed up without having the foresight to know they couldn't make it are rewarded by getting to keep their slot just because they didn't confirm the date in advance.


And you are saying that it's OK to push people who WERE going to show in the original event lower on the list to allow you to get first dibs on backup list?



On September 02 2011 02:32 Pokebunny wrote:
Fine, take the timestamp of my first post in this thread (when I would have signed up) and make that my signup timestamp. I know they have the timestamps with their google spreadsheet, so it shouldn't be too hard. Sound fair?

Obviously you have to convert kst to est but that sounds easy and fair enough to me.


Okay, I don't think we should blow this up. I think you guys are misunderstanding each other. We're all reasonable people here with good intentions, I don't think each side needs to be so defensive.

So what pokebunny was trying to say is that there are people who signed up for the original date BUT because the date was changed, a number of people announced they are not sure if they can come to the event. IMO, people who are UNSURE of whether or not they can make it to the changed date, should be pushed down to the backup list because it will discourage players who can actually make it on Saturday because they are not really guaranteed a spot.

But this is how I perceived the situation.
/")☻ㅈ☻)/")彡snuǝʌ
dgReborn
Profile Joined August 2010
United States453 Posts
September 01 2011 17:39 GMT
#164
On September 02 2011 02:36 Pokebunny wrote:
??? That doesn't even make sense. It's obvious that if I'm posting in the thread that I can't attend because of MLG that I would sign up right then if I could come. He's giving people that signed up but dropped out later the chance to get their spot back, so you're essentially penalizing me for not signing up when I know I can't make it.


You are assuming everyone in the list is someone like that. What about the majority of the signups who were intending and willing to come to the event and are also comming to the new one. That's the problem I have with that.

You couldn't come you didnt sign up thats the mature thing to do. However now that you can show up because a hurricane canceled the original event does not mean you automatically get into the top of the backup list, ahead of the other 20 some odd people who were gonna show and are still gonna show.
I have no enemies, But i'm intensely disliked by my friends.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
September 01 2011 17:40 GMT
#165
^ well even worse is the OP says that people who dropped out any time before august 27th can now reclaim their spot if they can make the new date. So people who originally signed up and COULD NOT make the original date are being rewarded for the fact that they didn't check the original date, as they now can claim a spot for the new date if they can make it.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
September 01 2011 17:43 GMT
#166
So give me a signup spot for the time I first posted in the thread stating I was interested but couldn't make the date, because everyone who canceled signups that they couldn't make is getting their spot back? So it makes perfect sense if I get that spot, because that's what is happening with everyone else.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
dgReborn
Profile Joined August 2010
United States453 Posts
September 01 2011 17:44 GMT
#167
They obviously didn't sign up without the intent on coming. Shit happens and shit comes up. I personally don't think it's alright for them to come back in the same listing but whatever, that's just bad bookkeeping imo.

You are obviously making it seem like they signed up with ill intent.
I have no enemies, But i'm intensely disliked by my friends.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-01 17:48:04
September 01 2011 17:47 GMT
#168
Obviously they didn't do it on purpose, but they are literally being rewarded for irresponsibility. I didn't say they meant to do it, I said that I deserve the same chance, but apparently I lost that chance because I didn't formally sign up and then go o shit I can't make it.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
dgReborn
Profile Joined August 2010
United States453 Posts
September 01 2011 17:59 GMT
#169
On September 02 2011 02:47 Pokebunny wrote:
Obviously they didn't do it on purpose, but they are literally being rewarded for irresponsibility. I didn't say they meant to do it, I said that I deserve the same chance, but apparently I lost that chance because I didn't formally sign up and then go o shit I can't make it.


At this point it's pretty pointless to keep arguing. We are just repeating the same things.

Honestly I didn't even know about the letting prior leaves back on with same spot thing. I think that's ridiculous but whatever. Overall unfair to everyone else.

In the end it's up to Cert and Btway. I can't see them denying this no matter what the issues are, especially cause cert seems to already set that out. IMO bad judgement call on that but whatever.
I have no enemies, But i'm intensely disliked by my friends.
Venus.exe
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States285 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-01 18:50:39
September 01 2011 18:11 GMT
#170
(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ screw the list.
I feel like there will always be a spot available that day despite what the list looks like right now.
And to me, it's about community and socializing with other lovers of the game and less about winning because we all know each other at this point. And yeah, in the end it's up to certified's decision, whether if it's fair or not, since he's the one making the rules here.
/")☻ㅈ☻)/")彡snuǝʌ
NerdOpinionShow
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States92 Posts
September 01 2011 18:25 GMT
#171
Ah, TLNY drama, I've missed thee.
Call me "NOS"
btway
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States879 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-01 19:37:15
September 01 2011 19:34 GMT
#172
I had no say in any of this, but it looks like giving people their spots back was a terribad idea. Cancellations should be final even in the event of unforeseen circumstances such as buckets of water.

lol hurricane.

Edit: In unrelated news, the table flipping arcade game in Japan was pretty awesome.
Starcraft and I met in February 2010<3
Venus.exe
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States285 Posts
September 01 2011 19:51 GMT
#173
On September 02 2011 04:34 btway wrote:
I had no say in any of this, but it looks like giving people their spots back was a terribad idea. Cancellations should be final even in the event of unforeseen circumstances such as buckets of water.

lol hurricane.

Edit: In unrelated news, the table flipping arcade game in Japan was pretty awesome.


does that mean you've tried it :OO
/")☻ㅈ☻)/")彡snuǝʌ
btway
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States879 Posts
September 01 2011 20:02 GMT
#174
On September 02 2011 04:51 Venus.exe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2011 04:34 btway wrote:
I had no say in any of this, but it looks like giving people their spots back was a terribad idea. Cancellations should be final even in the event of unforeseen circumstances such as buckets of water.

lol hurricane.

Edit: In unrelated news, the table flipping arcade game in Japan was pretty awesome.


does that mean you've tried it :OO


Other people tried it, but I was too busy taking pictures when it specifically had a No Photos sign on the machine :D
Starcraft and I met in February 2010<3
dgReborn
Profile Joined August 2010
United States453 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-01 22:01:21
September 01 2011 22:00 GMT
#175
Virtual Table flipping is lame. its like playing a sports sim. Just play the real thing!

Edit: BRB gonna go find a way to make creep. Need new flooring.
I have no enemies, But i'm intensely disliked by my friends.
NintendoStar
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States217 Posts
September 01 2011 22:38 GMT
#176
Why is there no more fighting? It was just starting to get fun.
"oh well then u can just get off this site then if ya'll goin to play it like dat fool i write like dis cos itz gangstar" -Linko8697
ZoW
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3983 Posts
September 01 2011 23:12 GMT
#177
On September 02 2011 02:37 Venus.exe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2011 02:29 dgReborn wrote:
On September 02 2011 02:25 Pokebunny wrote:
So to clarify, you're essentially supporting the decision to not let me play because I bothered to check my calendar before signing up and saying "oh, I can't come, I'll be at MLG" rather than signing up without checking the date, and canceling my signup the week of the tournament when I realize they're the same weekend. And the people who signed up without having the foresight to know they couldn't make it are rewarded by getting to keep their slot just because they didn't confirm the date in advance.


And you are saying that it's OK to push people who WERE going to show in the original event lower on the list to allow you to get first dibs on backup list?



Show nested quote +
On September 02 2011 02:32 Pokebunny wrote:
Fine, take the timestamp of my first post in this thread (when I would have signed up) and make that my signup timestamp. I know they have the timestamps with their google spreadsheet, so it shouldn't be too hard. Sound fair?

Obviously you have to convert kst to est but that sounds easy and fair enough to me.


Okay, I don't think we should blow this up. I think you guys are misunderstanding each other. We're all reasonable people here with good intentions, I don't think each side needs to be so defensive.


lol

On September 02 2011 02:39 dgReborn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2011 02:36 Pokebunny wrote:
??? That doesn't even make sense. It's obvious that if I'm posting in the thread that I can't attend because of MLG that I would sign up right then if I could come. He's giving people that signed up but dropped out later the chance to get their spot back, so you're essentially penalizing me for not signing up when I know I can't make it.


You are assuming everyone in the list is someone like that. What about the majority of the signups who were intending and willing to come to the event and are also comming to the new one. That's the problem I have with that.

You couldn't come you didnt sign up thats the mature thing to do. However now that you can show up because a hurricane canceled the original event does not mean you automatically get into the top of the backup list, ahead of the other 20 some odd people who were gonna show and are still gonna show.


but we never get a full bracket anyways, everytime I see like 10 open spots from people who didn't show, and Cert asks if I want to play to which I respond "no".

Anyways I think poke should definitely get a priority spot cuz hes better than everyone at sc2
the courage to be a lazy bum
Certified
Profile Joined August 2010
United States667 Posts
September 02 2011 00:16 GMT
#178
To put an end to this, everyone should read the OP

apologies for not updating sooner but this event was suppose to take place before classes get in the way of things but that totally didnt happen T.T
Don't worry, I'm a professional
Venus.exe
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States285 Posts
September 02 2011 00:24 GMT
#179
On September 02 2011 08:12 ZoW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2011 02:37 Venus.exe wrote:

Okay, I don't think we should blow this up. I think you guys are misunderstanding each other. We're all reasonable people here with good intentions, I don't think each side needs to be so defensive.


lol


It's a local LAN filled with people we know. What evil intentions can there possibly be? explain -_-
/")☻ㅈ☻)/")彡snuǝʌ
CurLy[]
Profile Joined August 2010
United States759 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-02 01:11:30
September 02 2011 01:10 GMT
#180
I think he was referring to the reasonable people part cuz some of you guys are crazy.

Just go and u probably get to play
Great pasta mom, very Korean. Even my crown leans to the side. Gangsta. --------->
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1027
ComeBackTV 716
SteadfastSC603
TaKeTV 432
IndyStarCraft 136
Rex112
EnkiAlexander 68
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 603
IndyStarCraft 136
ProTech132
Rex 112
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 49424
Bisu 2147
Horang2 1284
EffOrt 952
Hyuk 608
Soma 606
BeSt 537
Mini 485
Light 431
Larva 300
[ Show more ]
Rush 238
ZerO 212
910 94
Mong 85
Leta 74
firebathero 64
Sea.KH 61
Pusan 57
Snow 51
ToSsGirL 39
Sexy 38
Mind 36
JYJ 29
Aegong 29
Yoon 25
Bale 22
Terrorterran 17
Shine 15
Trap 14
Rock 13
Noble 12
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7171
qojqva949
Counter-Strike
Fnx 761
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1501
Khaldor1087
Lowko523
Other Games
singsing2030
olofmeister1585
hiko1272
Beastyqt620
B2W.Neo409
Livibee198
Hui .181
Liquid`VortiX149
XaKoH 127
KnowMe94
ArmadaUGS90
djWHEAT77
Mew2King75
QueenE58
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV214
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream82
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 15
• mYiSmile110
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 33
• FirePhoenix10
• Michael_bg 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3148
Other Games
• Shiphtur165
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 21m
CranKy Ducklings
19h 21m
Online Event
20h 21m
FEL
1d 1h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.