• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:42
CEST 00:42
KST 07:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War365.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7785 users

[Interviews] Inspiration within Teamliquid - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Al Bundy
Profile Joined April 2010
7257 Posts
March 05 2011 22:22 GMT
#21
Thanks for spotlighting this article.
Btw I love Gintama!
o choro é livre
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
March 05 2011 22:58 GMT
#22
Nice interviews! Good to see that some of these guys are relatively old school The biggest pity for them is that they never got to hear Korean commentators
Writer
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
March 05 2011 23:17 GMT
#23
^ Wow, good point. That was never in my mind.
Writer
LittLeD
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden7973 Posts
March 06 2011 00:32 GMT
#24
Touching stories. Great work done here for sure, thanks a bunch!
☆Grubby ☆| Tod|DeMusliM|ThorZaiN|SaSe|Moon|Mana| ☆HerO ☆
Tippany
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States765 Posts
March 06 2011 01:40 GMT
#25
Cool article. Does Carlos read & write English or was the interview translated from Spanish? He mentions he can only read lips in Spanish so I was curious.
Real action, my dream.
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-06 02:05:40
March 06 2011 02:05 GMT
#26
He is able to read/write in English but he cannot read a person's lips when they are speaking in English, nor can he speak it.
Writer
Tippany
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States765 Posts
March 06 2011 02:11 GMT
#27
Ah that's awesome. TL is an international community and I wouldn't be surprised if the majority are at the least bilingual. We know how hard it is to communicate in another language as is, so props to him for overcoming any obstacles life throws at him.
Real action, my dream.
Adron
Profile Joined February 2010
Netherlands839 Posts
March 06 2011 03:35 GMT
#28
two thumbs up; best reads in quite awhile. Totally awesome.
Klogon
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
MURICA15980 Posts
March 06 2011 03:45 GMT
#29
It's really cool to see the world of our fellow gamers with extremely different life experiences due to their disabilities. Thanks for this.
adso
Profile Joined March 2011
718 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-06 03:49:08
March 06 2011 03:48 GMT
#30
this i'll be my morning read... can't wait... thank you Souma for such an endeavor
deaf people are different and that's way cool...vive la difference!

edit: added "way"
FenneK
Profile Joined November 2010
France1231 Posts
March 06 2011 09:57 GMT
#31
Well, these guys are awesome.
good luck have batman
Vernom
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Spain374 Posts
March 06 2011 11:08 GMT
#32
On March 06 2011 10:40 moose162 wrote:
Cool article. Does Carlos read & write English or was the interview translated from Spanish? He mentions he can only read lips in Spanish so I was curious.

As Souma said, I'm able to read and write in English, I had to learn that reading english websites/forums and using a dictionary. I was in a normal school with non deaf students but I didn't have the subject English.

Now I can communicate by forum or msn without using a dictionary, however, I cant talk in english because I'm not able to understand by seeing the lips, except popular words like "What?" or "Oh my god".
fjjotizz
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden153 Posts
March 06 2011 11:45 GMT
#33
Great interviews, great read!
"I'm a creepy guy. Tasteless, if it would make my units move faster, I would peek in everyones window in Seoul."
adso
Profile Joined March 2011
718 Posts
March 06 2011 14:45 GMT
#34
Overcoming struggles makes awesome people...

Thank you for a heartening reminder that we should never take our freedoms for granted...

ReaperX
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Hong Kong1758 Posts
March 06 2011 15:45 GMT
#35
I really like the creativeness of the people on the TL forums. This has been quite a heartwarming experience as myself I have struggled in the past and I know what it feels like. Overall, really enjoyed the topic, and overall how professional and mannered the 3 above answered your questions. Thanks, it inspired me a lot!
Artosis : Clide. idrA : Shut up.
Muffinman53
Profile Joined November 2010
571 Posts
March 06 2011 18:38 GMT
#36
Great read! Hearing stories like this always puts life in perspective for me.
ProbeEtPylon
Profile Joined October 2010
168 Posts
March 06 2011 18:40 GMT
#37
I love both games, Starcraft 2 and HoN. Unfortunatly, I can not play both games simultanously due to our too short 24 hours days. Therefore, a few weeks ago, I had to decide on which game I should focus on. My choice was SC2. Not because it's the better game, as I have already mentioned, I love both, but because this community is way more superior! Threads like this one prove that I was fucking right about this awesome community. Thank you very much for your efforts and your passion...
beer
Mynock
Profile Joined September 2002
4492 Posts
March 06 2011 22:16 GMT
#38
Great interviews, great perspective! Thank you Souma!

Thank you for the special mention Gilles - I agree with you completely, I loved those times so much myself (Maybe one time in our lives we'll get to know mensrea's true identity yet :o)

And Vernom, I live in Andalucia as well - in Alcaidesa, Campo de Gibraltar
garbanzo
Profile Joined October 2009
United States4046 Posts
March 06 2011 22:26 GMT
#39
Great interviews! I always love hearing about different perspectives. I like being reminded about the different kinds of people that I share a common passion with.

Thanks for sharing this!
Even during difficult times, when I sat down to play the game, there were times where it felt like god has descended down and played [for me].
meegrean
Profile Joined May 2008
Thailand7699 Posts
March 07 2011 05:52 GMT
#40
Don't need to hear anything to read the TL website

Always inspiring to hear stories about people enjoying stuff they like despite their disabilities.
Brood War loyalist
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 163
ProTech133
ViBE93
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12750
910 80
NaDa 17
Dota 2
monkeys_forever355
canceldota135
League of Legends
Doublelift4421
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4365
Other Games
summit1g4654
C9.Mang0330
JimRising 286
Liquid`Hasu265
ToD196
JuggernautJason31
PPMD29
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 84
• musti20045 38
• poizon28 37
• RyuSc2 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21588
League of Legends
• Scarra978
Other Games
• imaqtpie1042
• Shiphtur603
• tFFMrPink 9
Upcoming Events
OSC
18m
Big Brain Bouts
11h 18m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
18h 18m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
20h 18m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 11h
Patches Events
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.