• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:37
CEST 09:37
KST 16:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10242 users

Alabama Gamers - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
WillUndrskor
Profile Joined September 2010
9 Posts
November 11 2010 06:20 GMT
#21
Man, I can't wait for that tourney. See you guys there!
Peece
Profile Joined September 2010
United States35 Posts
November 11 2010 06:33 GMT
#22
Wow, more Alabama TLers than I thought there would be. I am currently in Tuscaloosa for school but I am from Birmingham. I actually didn't know Gamebox moved from the Valleydale location. I may have to check out the SC2 tourney.
Certerno
Profile Joined October 2010
United States14 Posts
November 11 2010 06:58 GMT
#23
I live in Alabama now cause I go to Auburn, does that count? 8-D
Would most tournaments be in Birmingham?
There once was a ugly barnacle. He was so ugly, everybody died. The End.
Moody
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States750 Posts
November 11 2010 07:04 GMT
#24
On November 11 2010 15:20 WillUndrskor wrote:
Man, I can't wait for that tourney. See you guys there!


Really pumped about it too. It'll be nice to have a local gaming community.

I live in Alabama now cause I go to Auburn, does that count? 8-D
Would most tournaments be in Birmingham?


It would count if you went to Bama... haha j/k
I'm not sure where the tournaments are going to be held at... this is the only one I've heard of so far and yes, it's in Birmingham. Auburn is not far though, I think 2 hours to Lee Branch? Just go straight up 280.
A marine walks into a bar and asks, "Where's the counter?"
GuYuTe-
Profile Joined February 2005
United States550 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-11 14:47:56
November 11 2010 14:44 GMT
#25
Cool, thanks for the heads up on that Gamebox tourney. I'll definitely try to be there. And can probably even recruit several more people to come so we can bash on some Bronze's in the RO16 . But seriously, it could be a really nice turnout. What's the setup like in that Gamebox, Moody? Did you ever check it out?

Btw, I'm Pwnocchio on Bnet. Add me w/message that you're from TL if you so please.

PS: War Eagle.
ultramafia
Profile Joined August 2010
221 Posts
November 11 2010 15:00 GMT
#26
On November 11 2010 23:44 GuYuTe- wrote:
Cool, thanks for the heads up on that Gamebox tourney. I'll definitely try to be there. And can probably even recruit several more people to come so we can bash on some Bronze's in the RO16 . But seriously, it could be a really nice turnout. What's the setup like in that Gamebox, Moody? Did you ever check it out?

Btw, I'm Pwnocchio on Bnet. Add me w/message that you're from TL if you so please.

PS: War Eagle.


war eagle :D!

I have not checked out the new set up but as i said i worked at the valleydale location. We had about 10 pc's. When i was there they were perfectly sufficient to run sc2. Like i said i'm not sure at all what the turn out will be like. For our other tournaments there was usually a mixture of players who took the game seriously and were clearly more skilled. The other half of players were gamebox "regulars" that had played the game off and on with there friends. I would expect the same for sc2. I'll probably register and play. We should figure out a way to classify us as TL visitors.
毒爆虫 | CJ Entus fight
Moody
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States750 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-11 15:56:42
November 11 2010 15:56 GMT
#27
GuYuTe- I haven't checked out the set up yet, I'm going by today after I get off work (5 CDT), I'll post tonight with whatever I find out. Also, what's your character code? I'll try to keep a comprehensive list on the front page of this thread so we'll be able to get in touch with each other on B.net.

I agree with ultramafia that we should identify ourselves as TLers somehow... shirts anyone? haha Maybe the light blue TL shirts with "Alabama Chapter" underneath. :-D We've got 1 month until the tournament, so there's time to line some things up.

Edit: RTR!
A marine walks into a bar and asks, "Where's the counter?"
Regnen
Profile Joined August 2010
United States21 Posts
November 11 2010 16:11 GMT
#28
I just moved to Birmingham, about 15 minutes away from the Gamebox center lol. I'll definitely be at the tournament; anyone interested in practicing? My ID is Regnen 871. I'd be interested in any other sc2 events as well.
Moody
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States750 Posts
November 11 2010 16:20 GMT
#29
Awesome Regnen! Good to see ya. We can get some practice in whenever you want to... I really need to work on my TvZ.. like REALLY need to work on it.
A marine walks into a bar and asks, "Where's the counter?"
ultramafia
Profile Joined August 2010
221 Posts
November 11 2010 16:25 GMT
#30
My b.net info is UltraMafia #882

i'd love to get some customs going before the tourny. I'd be willing to buy a shirt before hand if others are interested. Let us know how the set up is tonight moody.
毒爆虫 | CJ Entus fight
Moody
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States750 Posts
November 12 2010 00:19 GMT
#31
Posting from Vulcan Gamebox. Really really nice set up, however no option to plug in your own peripherals yet. Also no mouse pads so bring your own o.o

Will update further after I get to play a few matches. PM me on B.Net if you see this in the next few hours.
A marine walks into a bar and asks, "Where's the counter?"
crayhasissues
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States682 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-12 00:34:25
November 12 2010 00:34 GMT
#32
Xenoth.761
Montgomery area
I play with 5 other guys from around here.
twitch.tv/crayhasissues ||| @crayhasissues on twitter ||| Dota 2 Streamer that loves to help new players!
Peece
Profile Joined September 2010
United States35 Posts
November 12 2010 01:23 GMT
#33
I am debating heading over there. It will be at the end of my exam week so I will be crazy out of practice (though I am not that great in the first place.) I have played like 3 games in the last month and I wont get many more in before then lol.

Is there an entry fee?
Moody
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States750 Posts
November 12 2010 03:10 GMT
#34
On November 12 2010 10:23 Peece wrote:
I am debating heading over there. It will be at the end of my exam week so I will be crazy out of practice (though I am not that great in the first place.) I have played like 3 games in the last month and I wont get many more in before then lol.

Is there an entry fee?


It looks like there is going to be a $15 entry fee, but I'm not certain, they said they details aren't hammered out yet.

I played for 2 hours tonight... it was a blast. It's nice to be able to actually see the person you're playing with. Also, Good game vs UltraMafia... I got roflstomped haha. (stupid zerg)

I talked to the owner about having it set up to where we'd be able to bring our own peripherals and he said that they would for sure have it available by December 11th.

A marine walks into a bar and asks, "Where's the counter?"
Peece
Profile Joined September 2010
United States35 Posts
November 12 2010 04:07 GMT
#35
Seems reasonable, I may have to check it out.

I may be up for some games this weekend if anyone wants to play. I will post my ID and # when I get a chance to look it up. Don;t remember it lol.

RTR!!! Moody
Moody
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States750 Posts
November 12 2010 16:46 GMT
#36
Just bumping to make sure no Alabama Gamers are missing out on seeing the thread.
A marine walks into a bar and asks, "Where's the counter?"
Moody
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States750 Posts
November 14 2010 07:03 GMT
#37
Anyone down for going up to GameBox tomorrow?
A marine walks into a bar and asks, "Where's the counter?"
Killersting
Profile Joined May 2010
United States24 Posts
November 14 2010 07:13 GMT
#38
I'm currently going to college at Auburn, planning on going home to Huntsville here over the break. Glad to see a decent amount of Bama gamers.

War damn eagle!
Moody
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States750 Posts
November 14 2010 07:17 GMT
#39
Awesome Killersting. Added you to list on front page.
A marine walks into a bar and asks, "Where's the counter?"
MrMotionPicture
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4327 Posts
November 14 2010 07:37 GMT
#40
On November 11 2010 10:58 Caseyclysm wrote:
Hey, I'm from Mobile and goto the University of South Alabama. I try to play when I can but I've been just watching(MLG, GSL, ...) much more lately due to mid-terms and a paper. (Watching doesn't require much energy or thought really.)

I hope he doesn't mind me mentioning his username, but MrMotionPicture is another TL'er residing in Mobile, AL.

I've only really noticed Halo and SSB local tournaments around here. But the competitive/starcraft scene is growing, we may just need a little more organization. I'm considering starting a SC club at school.

Hey! Yeah man. We still need to play some time. Hahah
"Elvis Presley" | Ret was looking at my post in the GSL video by Artosis. | MMA told me I look like Juanfran while we shared an elevator with Scarlett
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 1008
ggaemo 482
Stork 335
Leta 250
Larva 218
PianO 110
Hyuk 34
ZergMaN 27
yabsab 21
Bale 19
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm182
League of Legends
JimRising 428
Reynor98
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King214
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor823
Other Games
summit1g9906
C9.Mang0261
Sick184
PiGStarcraft159
ArmadaUGS38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick549
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream166
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2302
League of Legends
• Lourlo1148
• Stunt537
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
2h 24m
Online Event
3h 24m
FEL
8h 24m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 24m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 24m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
INu's Battles
1d 4h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.