• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:58
CEST 21:58
KST 04:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8733 users

Gay StarCraft Players - Page 193

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 191 192 193 194 195 370 Next
Don't post in this thread to say "gay gamers are like everyone else, why do they have a special thread?" It is something that has been posted numerous times, and this isn't the place for that discussion.

For regular posters, don't quote the trolls.
Dark.Carnival
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States5095 Posts
December 26 2011 08:18 GMT
#3841
On December 26 2011 11:28 sapht wrote:
On the topic of the word "shemale", I should add that the person who prefered that term hasn't performed nor plans on performing genital surgery, and I suppose that might affect how the word is percieved. I suppose it is a question of distinction between transgender/transexual. But then I have a gripe with "ladyboy", which is practically the same word as shemale.

I never had any trouble asking what pronoun to use or to what degree a transexual acknowledges his or her gender. Bear in mind, though, I haven't met many, and all of them in shared liberal ideology. If a he is evidently a she, that's reason to congratulate on having the guts to defy convention and really realise who you are. I have a hard time seeing why transexuals "in general" would take such great offense from gender misinterpretation. I'd wager it's a result of social insecurity, which I guess you'd have a hard time overcoming being stuck in an incorrect gender for big part of your life, your ideals shunned by society, but then the insecurity is the problem, not the pronoun.

I don't think whether they plan to get the surgery or not matters in regards to how they feel about a word like shemale. Words like shemale, tranny, ladyboy etc. are predominantly used within the porn industry so there's a lot of negative connotation when those words are used even if you meant no offense using it. I'm trans and I wouldn't want someone to use those words without either knowing me very well or if I initiate the use of them (generally jokingly). I think it's fairly obvious not to use words that are usually offensive.

Someone using the wrong pronoun can be upsetting since trans people want to be seen and addressed as their gender. I don't necessarily have an issue with it when someone is unsure and goes with what they feel is right, but I do have an issue with them continuing to use the wrong pronoun after it has been stated which pronoun to use. I think most trans people would feel the same but I can't speak for them.
@QxGDarkCell ._.
jarrydesque
Profile Joined November 2010
584 Posts
December 26 2011 14:12 GMT
#3842
On December 25 2011 16:23 Flexx wrote:
Very cool to see that there are so many gay SC players.

I'm not ashamed to say as a straight man, I love gay men (and women) and check this thread out pretty often. I find it very, very entertaining and light hearted.

Keep it up!

EDIT:

I would LOVE to see a poll of which race gay/lesbian players tend to favor. Just a silly statistic, for fun. ^^


This would never work. All the straight boys will muscle in and we'll just end up with Nada.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Xmas! I'm sunburnt from spending the last 2 days in the pool and never want to see another morsel of food in my life.
#1 Kennigit fanboy/stalker
Evotroid
Profile Joined October 2011
Hungary176 Posts
December 26 2011 14:31 GMT
#3843
On December 26 2011 23:12 jarrydesque wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 25 2011 16:23 Flexx wrote:
Very cool to see that there are so many gay SC players.

I'm not ashamed to say as a straight man, I love gay men (and women) and check this thread out pretty often. I find it very, very entertaining and light hearted.

Keep it up!

EDIT:

I would LOVE to see a poll of which race gay/lesbian players tend to favor. Just a silly statistic, for fun. ^^


This would never work. All the straight boys will muscle in and we'll just end up with Nada.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Xmas! I'm sunburnt from spending the last 2 days in the pool and never want to see another morsel of food in my life.


Last Christmass I got sunburned from passing out and sleeping through half a day in a park :D Nothing too good this year though...
I got nothing.
Warfield
Profile Joined November 2011
United States49 Posts
December 26 2011 14:55 GMT
#3844
On December 26 2011 23:31 Evotroid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 26 2011 23:12 jarrydesque wrote:
On December 25 2011 16:23 Flexx wrote:
Very cool to see that there are so many gay SC players.

I'm not ashamed to say as a straight man, I love gay men (and women) and check this thread out pretty often. I find it very, very entertaining and light hearted.

Keep it up!

EDIT:

I would LOVE to see a poll of which race gay/lesbian players tend to favor. Just a silly statistic, for fun. ^^


This would never work. All the straight boys will muscle in and we'll just end up with Nada.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Xmas! I'm sunburnt from spending the last 2 days in the pool and never want to see another morsel of food in my life.


Last Christmass I got sunburned from passing out and sleeping through half a day in a park :D Nothing too good this year though...


Hot. This might inform us of the mindset and psychological profile to you. Which is absolutely &#^$*%& insane.
Starcraft is a way of life. Playing it disciplines the mind and trains the soul. I think.
Zer atai
Profile Joined September 2011
United States691 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-26 16:01:31
December 26 2011 16:00 GMT
#3845
On December 26 2011 14:52 Roe wrote:
i'll admit huk has a cute face
but there's something manly about idra i cant put my finger on...


I would say Huk's voice is the best thing about him. His accent is the most adorable accent I have ever heard in my life
Want to sport eSports? Disable adblock. P.S. En Taro Adun!!
Warfield
Profile Joined November 2011
United States49 Posts
December 26 2011 17:00 GMT
#3846
Can someone elaborate on the the likening of shemales to a liking of a concept and not a genetically sex.
Starcraft is a way of life. Playing it disciplines the mind and trains the soul. I think.
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-26 17:26:26
December 26 2011 17:25 GMT
#3847
On December 26 2011 11:11 Selendis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 26 2011 04:23 fusionsdf wrote:

As a transsexual I find shemale at least mildly offensive, and pretty much all my friends do as well.


I'm just curious, but what portrait do you use on your starcraft account?

I have Selendis as my avatar and I always get hit on. Not that I mind lol


Medic I think

Still haven't unlocked Nova T_T. I think before that I had reporter girl.

warfield: I have no idea what your sentence is supposed to mean
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
Evotroid
Profile Joined October 2011
Hungary176 Posts
December 26 2011 18:36 GMT
#3848
@Warfield
1, I'm mostly a reasonable geeky guy, it was just a "hoohohhooo first semester at univ" thing, but I won't say it was the first or last one:D
2, Can you elaborate on the meaning of your question ? :D
I got nothing.
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
December 26 2011 19:34 GMT
#3849
On December 27 2011 02:25 fusionsdf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 26 2011 11:11 Selendis wrote:
On December 26 2011 04:23 fusionsdf wrote:

As a transsexual I find shemale at least mildly offensive, and pretty much all my friends do as well.


I'm just curious, but what portrait do you use on your starcraft account?

I have Selendis as my avatar and I always get hit on. Not that I mind lol


Medic I think

Still haven't unlocked Nova T_T. I think before that I had reporter girl.

warfield: I have no idea what your sentence is supposed to mean


Nova would make the best drag costume ever! You could also do Kerrigan if you wanted to be a ginger. Well...the Queen of Blades would be the best but that's too elaborate to really do well.
#2throwed
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
December 26 2011 20:09 GMT
#3850
idk I think I'm too short to do nova. I always pictured her as being kinda tall.
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
Silverfoxx
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States184 Posts
December 26 2011 20:22 GMT
#3851
So, I'm a bit late on this I know, but I thought I'd say I had one of the coolest experiences this christmas. ^-^ I heard about a gay soccer league from mora's posts somewhere back in the thread and thought that would be really fun, so I searched some in the area and I found out about the Federal Triangle Soccer Club here in DC. COOL! I didn't get a chance to really introduce myself to anyone because I wasn't sure I was in the right place until I had left, looked around again and then come back to see them actually HAVING a soccer ball, but it was fun after that! I met a lot of interesting people and I got a good look at a wider variety of gay cultures, from the very flamboyant to the ones where the only reason I (and I actually kinda pride myself on good gaydar) could have picked out they were gay was the fact that they hugged each other in a way I have never seen straight men do. It was also the widest variety of personalities and ages, and it was only a small sample of the group. I don't know them outside of there yet, but it was such a cool experience! It also taught me how out of shape I was. >w>

Another cool thing about it was oddly enough how technical the soccer was. It wasn't physical play (with few exceptions of breakaways or two people chasing after a ball) It was about proper passing, getting open, very technical. It also made me happy to see how regardless of skill level everyone was passed to equally if they were open. there was no feeding the ball to a better player, it was just about having fun, which never happens in other pick up games of soccer. It was just a really cool experience.

As for the actual christmas part, got to bake a cake with my grandmother which was cool and fun, see my 3-year old second cousin jay (who is the best behaved 2 and 3/4 year old I have ever seen in my LIFE.) and for christmas presents I got a webcam and a headset, though the headset has to be replaced because my ears are too big. Not really big, but they go too far from my head and the headset pins them down to it a bit and it starts hurting after a few minutes. Anyone got suggestions? I'll also be making a post in tech support for it.

Oh, and a belated MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL! I hope to get back into the swing of things and start really posting here again but i have just been swamped with christmas and family stuff.

P.S. GO FOR THE QUEEN OF BLADES! Even a poorly done costume would be SO awesome to see.
The fox is back.
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
December 26 2011 20:55 GMT
#3852
^^ Yay Silver! I'm glad it was a good experience! One of these days I'll sack up, use your experience for inspiration, and join a gay league of some kind.
#2throwed
jarrydesque
Profile Joined November 2010
584 Posts
December 26 2011 22:33 GMT
#3853
If only I had the motivation to do something like that. I've wanted to start hip hop for about 5 years now but really just don't get around to it.

Plus how can you choose being a hip hop dancer over a Jedi?
#1 Kennigit fanboy/stalker
Troxle
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States486 Posts
December 26 2011 22:44 GMT
#3854
I wish there was any form of soccer league around here I could join >.> The closest is the 35 and up league and well...I've got 15 years to go (I LOVE soccer and kind of regret choosing work over sports my senior year, but having a bad coach for 3 years in a row kind of swayed me in the favor of not showing up for tryouts and just working). We had started a pick up soccer league around here just for fun but it died out, most of the people that came were all playing for Division 1 schools already so they didn't want to keep coming...

Happy Day After Christmas All! :D

Now I should go play some StarCraft...placement matches to get done >.>
If you're homophobic, you're probably ugly, so don't worry about a gay guy coming onto you. - jarrydesque
kineSiS-
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Korea (South)1068 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-26 23:02:21
December 26 2011 22:52 GMT
#3855
-:3 meeepppepep

Yay for this
Chamgi
Profile Joined October 2011
United States11 Posts
December 26 2011 22:55 GMT
#3856
On December 27 2011 07:52 kineSiS- wrote:
No offense but I disagree with your initial premise. Stop flaunting it then, you know I don't flaunt being straight so you shouldn't flaunt being gay. It's the same thing, equality ftw.


^^
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
December 26 2011 23:00 GMT
#3857
On December 27 2011 07:33 jarrydesque wrote:
If only I had the motivation to do something like that. I've wanted to start hip hop for about 5 years now but really just don't get around to it.

Plus how can you choose being a hip hop dancer over a Jedi?


The ways of the Force often require one to Pop, Lock, and Drop it.
#2throwed
YouMake
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States262 Posts
December 26 2011 23:04 GMT
#3858
So im guessing you guys like to bum rush with lings huh?
It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but all out of bubble gum! - Duke Nukem!
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
December 26 2011 23:11 GMT
#3859
On December 27 2011 08:04 YouMake wrote:
So im guessing you guys like to bum rush with lings huh?


Nydus worms.
#2throwed
EdSlyB
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Portugal1621 Posts
December 27 2011 00:10 GMT
#3860
On December 26 2011 14:52 Roe wrote:
i'll admit huk has a cute face
but there's something manly about idra i cant put my finger on...


It's the eyes. The look that Idra does like "I don't give a damn...".
aka Wardo
Prev 1 191 192 193 194 195 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 623
JuggernautJason81
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15640
Dewaltoss 112
Bale 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever248
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3618
Khaldor1797
Liquid`Hasu829
Other Games
summit1g4660
fl0m1106
Beastyqt682
shahzam432
FrodaN407
byalli239
KnowMe171
ArmadaUGS165
C9.Mang0164
UpATreeSC102
Mew2King63
PPMD4
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV192
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream85
StarCraft 2
angryscii 26
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 28
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie871
• WagamamaTV268
• Shiphtur234
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 2m
Stellar Fest
17h 2m
OSC
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 14h
Online Event
1d 15h
FEL
1d 20h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.