• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:38
CEST 21:38
KST 04:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13164 users

DC/NoVA “Last Hurrah” BW and Sc2Beta LAN! - Page 20

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 28 Next All
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-16 01:08:22
May 15 2010 23:04 GMT
#381
Please dont use this forum as a IM Window. This isn't a license to spam.

If you are stating a personal message, directed at just a few users, use PM. If you want to talk to everyone in going to the LAN, use the thread.
Sadistx
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Zimbabwe5568 Posts
May 16 2010 01:17 GMT
#382
Probably wont be going for dinner tonight, feeling kinda sick and dont want to infect fellow east coasters. Have fun guys. see you at LAN.
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
May 16 2010 01:25 GMT
#383
that sucks man, hope you feel better for next weekend.

I think we still have 12+ people tonight. should be pretty nuts
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
Issor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States870 Posts
May 16 2010 01:29 GMT
#384
so, should definitely be able to attend LAN/dinner on the 22nd. I look forward to it!
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
May 16 2010 02:06 GMT
#385
Well my ride bailed, so i won't be able to make it tonight sorry guys no drunk storrzerg
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11602 Posts
May 16 2010 04:37 GMT
#386
and i asked if u needed a ride when i left. dodger!

anyways, reservations were made for dinner.
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
May 16 2010 04:45 GMT
#387
WTF Storr I called you like 10 times in a row after you txt'd alex that your ride bailed... I was gonna come pick you up but you refused to answer your phone lol...

User was warned for this post
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
May 16 2010 04:59 GMT
#388
Roger dodger ftw.

Anyways, we had a nice little discussion and now CA needs to go show up some HT action
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-16 05:55:52
May 16 2010 05:54 GMT
#389
On May 16 2010 13:37 CaucasianAsian wrote:
and i asked if u needed a ride when i left. dodger!

anyways, reservations were made for dinner.


Yeah my ride called me after 10 saying basically "i made other plans"

and orb, sorry i din't pick up i was pretty pissed off so i just threw my phone across the basement. I will be there next week for sure

User was warned for this post
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
LuckyFool
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States9015 Posts
May 16 2010 13:34 GMT
#390
whoa I see we have some strict moderation going on in here now. I agree this thread shouldn't be an IM window but I don't think it's gotten that bad.

These aren't one line posts with no content. Sure they might not apply to the entire group but they apply to those who were at dinner last night which is more than just orb and storr.

It would be unfortunate if somebody got banned simply by making plans with someone in here. By taking these posts to PM it removes the chance for others to chime in and work out future plans. For example we've had this happen: storr will say something like "I need a ride who can drive me," somebody will respond but then later say "Sorry I can't drive you storr." If that "sorry I cant drive you storr" was PM nobody else would see that eliminating the chance someone else would chime in with "Oh but I can drive you!" of course if it was all PM after realizing his original ride can't make it Storr could then post publicly again in the thread that he needs another ride but there's still another post in the thread not really cutting down on spam in the end.

I guess ultimately my biggest gripe Kennigit, is I really don't want people being afraid or getting banned by posting in here which is actually my only way to contact and communicate with a bunch of them.
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
May 16 2010 18:37 GMT
#391
On May 16 2010 22:34 LuckyFool wrote:
whoa I see we have some strict moderation going on in here now. I agree this thread shouldn't be an IM window but I don't think it's gotten that bad.

These aren't one line posts with no content. Sure they might not apply to the entire group but they apply to those who were at dinner last night which is more than just orb and storr.

It would be unfortunate if somebody got banned simply by making plans with someone in here. By taking these posts to PM it removes the chance for others to chime in and work out future plans. For example we've had this happen: storr will say something like "I need a ride who can drive me," somebody will respond but then later say "Sorry I can't drive you storr." If that "sorry I cant drive you storr" was PM nobody else would see that eliminating the chance someone else would chime in with "Oh but I can drive you!" of course if it was all PM after realizing his original ride can't make it Storr could then post publicly again in the thread that he needs another ride but there's still another post in the thread not really cutting down on spam in the end.

I guess ultimately my biggest gripe Kennigit, is I really don't want people being afraid or getting banned by posting in here which is actually my only way to contact and communicate with a bunch of them.


Yeah I really don't see the big deal. If I'm talking to literally only one other person then maybe, but if I'm making a comment for multiple people (aka people that went to the dinner + storr or other people in the future that might need a ride) I don't see the harm in using the forum for what it's for... talking with other people.

I mean FFS have you seen live report threads? Tons of people spam 1 line posts sometimes in all caps if something is intense in a game that literally no one else cares about or reads (or even if they do they weren't directing it towards other people they're just sharing their emotions) and people never seem to get banned for that. It's how we get these people that pop up out of no where with 4k posts that no one knows.

I understand many moderation issues like the need to stay on topic, keep a civil conversation going, and contribute, but having conversations with people in a topic about the topic of the thread seems like the entire purpose of a forum to me...
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-16 20:11:42
May 16 2010 20:05 GMT
#392
On May 17 2010 03:37 -orb- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2010 22:34 LuckyFool wrote:
whoa I see we have some strict moderation going on in here now. I agree this thread shouldn't be an IM window but I don't think it's gotten that bad.

These aren't one line posts with no content. Sure they might not apply to the entire group but they apply to those who were at dinner last night which is more than just orb and storr.

It would be unfortunate if somebody got banned simply by making plans with someone in here. By taking these posts to PM it removes the chance for others to chime in and work out future plans. For example we've had this happen: storr will say something like "I need a ride who can drive me," somebody will respond but then later say "Sorry I can't drive you storr." If that "sorry I cant drive you storr" was PM nobody else would see that eliminating the chance someone else would chime in with "Oh but I can drive you!" of course if it was all PM after realizing his original ride can't make it Storr could then post publicly again in the thread that he needs another ride but there's still another post in the thread not really cutting down on spam in the end.

I guess ultimately my biggest gripe Kennigit, is I really don't want people being afraid or getting banned by posting in here which is actually my only way to contact and communicate with a bunch of them.


Yeah I really don't see the big deal. If I'm talking to literally only one other person then maybe, but if I'm making a comment for multiple people (aka people that went to the dinner + storr or other people in the future that might need a ride) I don't see the harm in using the forum for what it's for... talking with other people.

I mean FFS have you seen live report threads? Tons of people spam 1 line posts sometimes in all caps if something is intense in a game that literally no one else cares about or reads (or even if they do they weren't directing it towards other people they're just sharing their emotions) and people never seem to get banned for that. It's how we get these people that pop up out of no where with 4k posts that no one knows.

I understand many moderation issues like the need to stay on topic, keep a civil conversation going, and contribute, but having conversations with people in a topic about the topic of the thread seems like the entire purpose of a forum to me...

The posts that were warned on this page are pretty clearly directed at one person.

This:
WTF Storr I called you like 10 times in a row after you txt'd alex that your ride bailed... I was gonna come pick you up but you refused to answer your phone lol...

Is clearly an IM or PM directed at Storr. A lot of one on one conversations is no what a thread is for. Live report has nothing to do with this, not sure why that's brought up.

I don't want to seem like some dictator who is wet blanketing your fun -- I'm coming to the LAN next weekend. However, I don't think us mods asking for some restraint in the thread is unreasonable. Just tone it down a bit.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
May 16 2010 20:18 GMT
#393
also, is anyone planning on watching the OSL finals that late friday night / sat morning?

effort is going to rape flash
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
May 16 2010 20:24 GMT
#394
I want to watch it but if its 5 AM EST, and I'd have to get up at like 11 for the LAN I'm not sure if I'll manage lol.

Although, even after watching the CJ v KTF match last night, I still don't think its the same in a BO5 situation between Flash against anyone but the Dong.
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
KaRnaGe[cF]
Profile Joined September 2007
United States355 Posts
May 16 2010 20:31 GMT
#395
I would definitely watch the finals if anyone has anything going on.
"We must remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school." - Athenian General Thucydides Quantum Gaming
LordWeird
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3411 Posts
May 16 2010 21:05 GMT
#396
Is it too late to add myself for dinner on the 22nd? I'm still planning on going and if all goes well maybe I can bring Wala too (somebody needs to bring him if i can't!). No BW for me though, probably just HoN if the computers there have it

Also, gonna be an awesome LAN everybody needs to make sure they bring cameras!
Chains none
LuckyFool
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States9015 Posts
May 16 2010 21:10 GMT
#397
I have no group plans for the OSL finals. it's actually a coincidence they are the same day, I set the date for this lan 2+ months ago.

Saturday is gonna be long enough day for me already and I wanna get more than an hour of sleep the night before. Doesn't mean mini plans could/will happen but I really wanted people to be getting to the lan center by 12-12:30pm.
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11602 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-16 21:45:46
May 16 2010 21:45 GMT
#398
i might have to leave dinner early. i gotta get back to my place at 9:00 that night.

edit: don't worry i'll be taking pictures of every random thing i can possibly take a picture of. be warned!
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
May 17 2010 03:38 GMT
#399
Is there any chance we can like get together and watch the OSL finals NOT at 5:30 am or w/e? Like watch vods later in the day and no one look at results?

I understand if you don't want to do that since there is something special about watching the matches live but there's no way I'm waking up at 5 am to watch brood war and then staying up past midnight drinking/mining minerals lol
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
May 17 2010 05:02 GMT
#400
On May 17 2010 12:38 -orb- wrote:
Is there any chance we can like get together and watch the OSL finals NOT at 5:30 am or w/e? Like watch vods later in the day and no one look at results?

I understand if you don't want to do that since there is something special about watching the matches live but there's no way I'm waking up at 5 am to watch brood war and then staying up past midnight drinking/mining minerals lol


I agree, maybe someone could record them and we can watch em at night drinking and mining vespene gas
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1463
TKL 466
IndyStarCraft 265
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1463
TKL 450
IndyStarCraft 265
EmSc Tv 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24078
Calm 2328
Shuttle 353
Mini 171
White-Ra 145
ZZZero.O 107
firebathero 76
scan(afreeca) 21
soO 12
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc11484
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1341
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3965
Liquid`Hasu559
MindelVK9
Other Games
summit1g5601
Liquid`RaSZi2310
fl0m1661
FrodaN1339
B2W.Neo782
olofmeister639
Khaldor442
Beastyqt333
Livibee196
crisheroes156
Pyrionflax101
Mew2King69
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick556
BasetradeTV225
StarCraft 2
angryscii 15
EmSc Tv 11
EmSc2Tv 11
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 27
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• niya90s 0
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach38
• Azhi_Dahaki31
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1221
• Shiphtur672
• WagamamaTV376
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 22m
Replay Cast
3h 22m
OSC
16h 22m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.