Intel i5 3500K
geforce GTX 560
8Gb 1600 ram
Basically, my friend plugged in a space heater into my power strip and it tripped the circuit. After we fixed that and rebooted my computer will load, but cannot complete even the simplest of processes. I cant even get the computer to open task manager it is moving so slowly.
If i right click the desktop it takes at least 30 seconds to load the dialogue box and needless to say I am completely unable to open a program
I have tried restarting multiple times and changing my OC settings on my motherboard to no avail.
Does anyone know what could be causing this?
Any help would be appreciated.
Some notes - yes it DOES boot up, I cannot open programs, or at least I havent waited the hour or so for them to open yet. My DMW.exe (the desktop background + icons) likes to stop responding every few seconds
Explorer.exe seems to be lagging as well.