• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:24
CEST 21:24
KST 04:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8499 users

Strange "Fly" sound -- Malware?

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
dala
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden477 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-31 11:02:25
July 31 2011 11:01 GMT
#1
Occasionally, at the beginning of games after I've split the workers and start spamming, I can hear a sound clip. It begins with the buzzing sound of a flying fly, then a slap and finally a guy saying something like "got it". It's not always the whole clip is played up, but sometimes I can only hear the fly and sometimes it stops after the slap.

I'm on a mac (Macbook Pro) with the latest patch installed. But I've been hearing this for a while now.

Have anyone else noticed this? Am I infected by a malware? Neither the search tool, the Battle.net forum nor Google could help me with this.


(Help me before I go crazy for hearing voices!)
iba001
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia156 Posts
July 31 2011 11:14 GMT
#2
lol serious?

let me guess you play terran?
DarKcS
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia1237 Posts
July 31 2011 11:46 GMT
#3
Disable ambient sound in sound settings?
Die tomorrow - Live today
RaidenDude
Profile Joined May 2011
Norway21 Posts
July 31 2011 11:47 GMT
#4
This must be the weirdest thing i've ever heard...
I recommend you to do a scan with MalwareBytes, if the problem is malware-related.

But, seeing as the sound only plays in the start of games, i have absolutely no idea what the issue might be, it is very unlikely that it is malware.
HuK - IdrA - Cella - HayprO - White-Ra - <3
Starp
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada199 Posts
July 31 2011 11:50 GMT
#5
...i'm intrigued too. There were a few times when I thought I heard sounds, voices (of people talking, etc) that doesn't seem to be part of the SC2 game. However, they were different that yours. I thought it could be malware but don't know what it is. I don't think it is the voice chat feature because I have never enabled it or used it. I was concerned too.

Could malware be spread through Bnet?
"I am wasting away here...click me" - a big Thor
Midori8
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia126 Posts
July 31 2011 11:52 GMT
#6
Maybe it could be something like that bug where textures were swapped/wrong, but with sound clips?

Maybe try turn off game sound and music and see if it still does it.
dala
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden477 Posts
July 31 2011 11:54 GMT
#7
On July 31 2011 20:14 iba001 wrote:
lol serious?

let me guess you play terran?


Yes, I do.

Is that sound part of the SCV sound pool? That would explain it. * embarrassed*
dala
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden477 Posts
July 31 2011 11:56 GMT
#8
On July 31 2011 20:54 dala wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2011 20:14 iba001 wrote:
lol serious?

let me guess you play terran?


Yes, I do.

Is that sound part of the SCV sound pool? That would explain it. * embarrassed*


Solved! No malware.


sekalf
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden522 Posts
July 31 2011 12:00 GMT
#9
Awesome thread
iba001
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia156 Posts
July 31 2011 12:06 GMT
#10
lol second that great thread
CharlieBrownsc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada598 Posts
July 31 2011 14:17 GMT
#11
lolololololololololololollololol
SC2 ID: CharlieBrown.318, #1 bitbybit.Prime fan
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
July 31 2011 14:47 GMT
#12
Glad it all worked out for you

I do stuff like this too, dont be embarrassed :p
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
theBOOCH
Profile Joined November 2010
United States832 Posts
July 31 2011 15:14 GMT
#13
Lol. At least now you have piece of mind!
If all you're offering is Dos Equis, I will stay thirsty thank you very much.
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
July 31 2011 15:26 GMT
#14
Awesome thread glad the problem was solved at least

StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
arthur
Profile Joined April 2009
United Kingdom488 Posts
July 31 2011 15:48 GMT
#15
hahaha this thread needs spotlighting


i am sorry for your mistake but it cheered me up ty.
youtube.com/f1337
dala
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden477 Posts
July 31 2011 16:37 GMT
#16
Great that I could entertain some of you. I'm just happy to know what was going on.
smaugswe
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden121 Posts
July 31 2011 17:00 GMT
#17
The sound gets interuppted if you press something else LOL
Troll op? :D
I dont have any Windows in my room... I use linux... :)
Mtndrew
Profile Joined May 2011
United States174 Posts
July 31 2011 17:11 GMT
#18
ROFL @ the Deliverance reference
Sandrosuperstar
Profile Joined November 2009
Sweden525 Posts
July 31 2011 17:15 GMT
#19
i have a similar problem in bw. whenever i build my first gateway (or sometimes cybernetics) the human nuclear launch detected sound file starts to endlessly loop until i pause the game. Then it never happens again. just an anecdote
I'm homo for Lomo, gay for GGplay, but at the end of the day I put my dong in Lee Jaedong
Godstorm
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Romania845 Posts
July 31 2011 19:07 GMT
#20
I was going to sugest turning off all sound and seeing if it's from sc2 but then i saw the response:pure gold :D.
"It's not that he's dumb, he's just neural parasited by a retarded infestor"-Day 9
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM1060
TKL 349
EnkiAlexander 33
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1060
mouzHeroMarine 401
TKL 349
IndyStarCraft 178
BRAT_OK 39
MindelVK 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16451
Calm 2455
Horang2 337
Mini 162
Rush 101
EffOrt 86
Zeus 51
Trap 23
Bale 17
scan(afreeca) 17
Dota 2
febbydoto9
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
fl0m4953
pashabiceps2180
Fnx 1522
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King64
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3342
Liquid`Hasu557
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1702
Beastyqt796
B2W.Neo489
C9.Mang0330
crisheroes201
QueenE108
Trikslyr104
Dewaltoss91
UpATreeSC53
JuggernautJason21
ZombieGrub11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
Other Games
Algost 5
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 22
• Michael_bg 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade817
Other Games
• imaqtpie742
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
14h 36m
INu's Battles
15h 36m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
17h 36m
OSC
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 3h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.