• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:41
CEST 00:41
KST 07:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8574 users

What mouse/pad does your favourite pro-gamer use?

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 45 46 47 Next All
mcbrite
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany229 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-03 15:57:55
November 28 2010 20:52 GMT
#1
Hey guys!

I plan on making a list of which mice/pads/keyboards are used by which pro gamer. If you know any, just post below and I'll consolidate all the answers into this first post! I'll start us off with IdrA and any others that I find out about over time.

They are sorted alphabetically by main name (so EGIdrA is I for example)
The pattern is:
Mouse / Mousepad / Keyboard

SlayerSBoxeR - Razer Deathadder / Kespa Mousepad / Filco (Cherry MX blue)
Day[9] - Razer Diamondback 3G / ? / ?
mTwDeMusLiM - Steelseries Kinzu / Steelseries Qck-mini / Qsenn DT-35
mtw.Dimaga - Logitech MX300/ Roccat Taito mtw edition / Logitech Classic Keyboard 200
FruitDealer - Logitech G9 / Kespa Mousepad / Filco Majestouch (Cherry MX brown)
egIdrA - Steelseries Kinzu / eg-steelseries qck+ pad / 6gv2 keyboard (confirmed by IdrA)
wemadefox'Lyn - Razer Diamondback / ? / Steelseries 7g
SK.MadFrog - Steelseries Xai/ Steelseries QCK SK edition/ Steelseries 7g
wemadefox'Moon - Razer Krait / Steelseries qck standard / Qsenn DT-35
Mouz'Morrow - Razer Deathadder / Goliathus Speed / ?
Nada - Logitech G1 / ? / ?
NesTea - Logitech G1 / ? / ?
qxc.root - Diamondback / Steelseries Heavy / Dell SK-8115
Liquid'Jinro - G5 / ? / ?
Liquid'Ret - Razer Abyssus / Razer Goliathus Control / Qsenn DT-35
aaa'Sarens - Roccat Kova/ Steelseries/ Steelseries 6g
Liquid'TLO - KTec 9500+ / Razer Goliathus / Qsenn DT-35
Liquid'Tyler - Razer Salmosa /? / Filco 104M / CB-AI with browns

If you plan to contribute to the thread, please use the above format! Makes it much easier for me to add!

7/13
genra
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany42 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-28 23:17:28
November 28 2010 23:14 GMT
#2
NesTea and Nada use Logitech G1. Nada switched from mini optical two month ago.

IdrA really uses the Xai and not the kinzu?
mcbrite
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany229 Posts
November 29 2010 00:20 GMT
#3
On November 29 2010 08:14 genra wrote:
NesTea and Nada use Logitech G1. Nada switched from mini optical two month ago.

IdrA really uses the Xai and not the kinzu?


you may actually be right... I just thought it was the XAI, because I have the XAI as well and it looked virtually identical... But on the EG homepage it says Kinzu, so I changed the OP to reflect that until I know otherwise... Thanks! Good catch!
velo
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia48 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-29 00:49:58
November 29 2010 00:39 GMT
#4
I thought about compiling something like this a while back. Here is the intel that I have gathered:

I'm not sold that Idra he uses a Kinzu/Xai mouse - I remember seeing him use something similar to the one pictured
http://media.photobucket.com/image/ret%20gsl/Monotronik/TL/GSL11AregkEdit.jpg
This photo looks oldish and pre EGIdra maybe.

QXC uses this Dell keyboard (unsure of model name) -
http://www.computer-reclaim.co.uk/ekmps/shops/comprec/images/dell_keyboard_1%281%29.jpg


Fenix, KawaiiRice use the steelseries 6g v2
http://www.computersfile.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/steel-series-6gv2-gaming-keyboard.jpg


Idra, Jinro(?), a butload of other players use the QSenn-DT-35
http://pic.tradeage.com/samsung-authenic-keyboard-qsenn-dt-35-black-white-48268.jpeg


Orb I believe uses a Razer Lycosa
http://www.gadgettastic.com/images/razer_lycosa.jpg
/ Razer Mouse not sure of the model.
Moa
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States790 Posts
November 29 2010 01:29 GMT
#5
I am not sure if IdrA uses the QSenn-DT-35 or the Steelseries 7g, I know he used the QSenn at MLG but that was borrowed from Artosis who does use it. I could swear I've seen him at events using the 7g.
^O^
genra
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany42 Posts
November 29 2010 05:20 GMT
#6
That dell keyboards name is SK-8115

I have seen idra playing with the kizu/xai on last gsl qualifier in artosis recordings. I really cant believe its the Xai because having used a lmo before, the Xai is so much bigger and heavier, it has to be the kinzu.
BobbyPG
Profile Joined November 2010
United States35 Posts
November 29 2010 06:31 GMT
#7
Love the idea of this thread, and hope to see some more solid input.

So what do some of these pros use when they have the alternating black/white keyboards?
BenKen
Profile Joined August 2009
United States860 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-29 06:55:43
November 29 2010 06:55 GMT
#8
I believe Day9 said he uses the Diamondback 3G and not the Diamondback. I don't have anyway to verify this though, I just remember him saying it in a daily. I may be wrong. Also, I have no idea what the difference is between the 3g and regular one, and I have the regular Diamondback (not that that matters, lol).

I think all the EG guys use that freakin' humongous EG mousepad, a special edition Steelseries QCK+ with the EG logo. At least I remember seeing iNcontrol, Idra and Machine using it at MLG.
http://shop.steelseries.com/us/index.php/surfaces-us/steelseries-qck-limited-edition-evil-geniuses.html


Fnatic and SK gaming have special edition steelseries mousepads too, but I don't recall looking at their gear to confirm. MLG usually gives good angles on the player's gear, so maybe someone remembers if Gretorp, TT1 or Sen had this mousepad:
http://shop.steelseries.com/us/index.php/surfaces-us/steelseries-qck-limited-edition-fnatic.html


Tyler uses the QSenn DT-35 that Hwanni gave him with buttons ripped out, boxer-style. He uses the Razer Salmosa mouse too.
Video with Tyler and his gear (and bnet win streak, what a showoff ):
+ Show Spoiler +
I deadlift for Aiur
Faraday
Profile Joined April 2009
United States553 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-29 07:31:03
November 29 2010 07:08 GMT
#9
On November 29 2010 08:14 genra wrote:
NesTea and Nada use Logitech G1. Nada switched from mini optical two month ago.

IdrA really uses the Xai and not the kinzu?


I am 100% sure Idra uses the Kinzu, because i have print screens with gamers from MLG Dallas, and idra's mouse doesn't have the side buttons that tha XAI has, so he uses the Kinzu for sure.

The protoss guy that was in the finals (can't remember his name right now) uses the "Xai" and the "SteelSeries QcK+ Fnatic Pad" (that yellow+black one)

I'm almost positive that Nazgul uses Logitech G3(uses left hand), and I'll update on the others after I check the printscreens(which are at home )

Cheers

Edit: Protoss guy= TTone
what happened, happened...
mcbrite
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany229 Posts
November 29 2010 07:46 GMT
#10
On November 29 2010 15:55 BenKen wrote:
I believe Day9 said he uses the Diamondback 3G and not the Diamondback. I don't have anyway to verify this though, I just remember him saying it in a daily. I may be wrong. Also, I have no idea what the difference is between the 3g and regular one, and I have the regular Diamondback (not that that matters, lol).


Yes, he does, I didn't realize there was an old version without the 3g.... corrected...

Ok, off to the dentist now, will update the rest later...
velo
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia48 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-29 10:47:57
November 29 2010 10:46 GMT
#11
Tyler uses the QSenn DT-35 that Hwanni gave him with buttons ripped out, boxer-style. He uses the Razer Salmosa mouse too.
Video with Tyler and his gear (and bnet win streak, what a showoff ):
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22WKkzPqi9E


I hadn't seen that video before, it is soo awesome. Tyler you baller.
Faraday
Profile Joined April 2009
United States553 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-29 11:06:11
November 29 2010 11:02 GMT
#12
I wonder why must pro-gamers use optical mice...And the EG guys, why don't they use the XAI(wayy better than kinzu)? I checked their gear, and it's like Kinzu and Ikari all over (mostly kinzu).Maby it's a confort issue and not a laser/optical sensor issue, but still...I find this weird.
what happened, happened...
piskooooo
Profile Joined November 2008
United States351 Posts
November 29 2010 11:33 GMT
#13
FruitDealer uses a Kespa mousepad. I have a WeMade one, they're pretty shitty.
<3 MKP
kerr0r
Profile Joined September 2008
Norway319 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-29 11:43:08
November 29 2010 11:42 GMT
#14
On November 29 2010 15:55 BenKen wrote:
I believe Day9 said he uses the Diamondback 3G and not the Diamondback. I don't have anyway to verify this though, I just remember him saying it in a daily. I may be wrong. Also, I have no idea what the difference is between the 3g and regular one, and I have the regular Diamondback (not that that matters, lol).

Wooo, I have that one! *instantly feel 300x cooler* Killer mouse for RTS though, and suits my grip really well. But wait, this means I now have no excuse for not being way high up in diamond. Brb, practicing.

On November 29 2010 15:31 BobbyPG wrote:
Love the idea of this thread, and hope to see some more solid input.

So what do some of these pros use when they have the alternating black/white keyboards?


If you're referring to JangBi's keyboard, it's a DT35 if I'm not mistaken. It comes in both black and white, so he just took a bunch of keys and switched them out.
kOre
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada3642 Posts
November 29 2010 11:57 GMT
#15
On November 29 2010 20:42 kerr0r wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2010 15:55 BenKen wrote:
I believe Day9 said he uses the Diamondback 3G and not the Diamondback. I don't have anyway to verify this though, I just remember him saying it in a daily. I may be wrong. Also, I have no idea what the difference is between the 3g and regular one, and I have the regular Diamondback (not that that matters, lol).

Wooo, I have that one! *instantly feel 300x cooler* Killer mouse for RTS though, and suits my grip really well. But wait, this means I now have no excuse for not being way high up in diamond. Brb, practicing.

Show nested quote +
On November 29 2010 15:31 BobbyPG wrote:
Love the idea of this thread, and hope to see some more solid input.

So what do some of these pros use when they have the alternating black/white keyboards?


If you're referring to JangBi's keyboard, it's a DT35 if I'm not mistaken. It comes in both black and white, so he just took a bunch of keys and switched them out.

It's like mine
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
http://www.starcraftmecca.net - Founder
TheDoK666
Profile Joined May 2010
France179 Posts
November 29 2010 13:04 GMT
#16
the Diamondback got the nearly same sensor as the 518, and the 3G got the 3G sensor of the copperhead etc wich is shit :p
pwet
AT_Tack
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany435 Posts
November 29 2010 13:56 GMT
#17
Ret uses qsenn keybard and razer abyssus on goliathus control
dinki0825
Profile Joined June 2010
United States238 Posts
November 29 2010 14:55 GMT
#18
SlayerSBoxeR uses FILCO (korean layout) with blue switches and black DT-35 as backup
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
closer look:
[image loading]
DT-35:
[image loading]

mouse+pad
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
Can't really tell which mousepad it is but the mouse looks like Logitech Mini Optical
BobbyPG
Profile Joined November 2010
United States35 Posts
November 29 2010 15:21 GMT
#19
On November 29 2010 20:42 kerr0r wrote:
If you're referring to JangBi's keyboard, it's a DT35 if I'm not mistaken. It comes in both black and white, so he just took a bunch of keys and switched them out.


Yeah, I assumed it was stricly cosmetic. Looks cool, though.
Cadgers
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States514 Posts
November 29 2010 16:00 GMT
#20
On November 29 2010 23:55 dinki0825 wrote:
SlayerSBoxeR uses FILCO (korean layout) with blue switches and black DT-35 as backup
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
closer look:
[image loading]
DT-35:
[image loading]

mouse+pad
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
Can't really tell which mousepad it is but the mouse looks like Logitech Mini Optical


Pretty sure that its a Kespa mousepad.
1 2 3 4 5 45 46 47 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 176
Nina 137
SteadfastSC 66
CosmosSc2 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 486
910 59
Bale 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm36
League of Legends
Doublelift1293
Super Smash Bros
PPMD59
Other Games
summit1g9253
Grubby2863
shahzam621
C9.Mang0248
PiGStarcraft211
Maynarde67
Liquid`Ken13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• musti20045 41
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21510
Other Games
• imaqtpie911
• Shiphtur290
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
20m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 20m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
12h 20m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.