Edit: I also haven't watched any SC2 pro matches since either. No I'm not watching mod games either.
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?…
| Forum Index > SC2 General |
|
Mistakes
United States1105 Posts
Edit: I also haven't watched any SC2 pro matches since either. No I'm not watching mod games either. | ||
|
ejozl
Denmark3555 Posts
It wasn't the economy that sucked in the new patch, it was every other change barring 3. They all just sucked, and this is including 'qol' changes. I prefer 8 worker, but we also have to acknowledge that most of current players started post 12 workers, so it was never a wise move. There were positives though, better pacing, slower 3rd, muta play back on the menu. Also it was a popular belief that cheese would get stronger, but the opposite happened. Though I do think variance would over time ever so slightly improve, once players start cutting more corners. I think 12 workers is wiser though we can still simulate 8 worker slower pace by doing things like: 12/17 start instead of 12/15, town halls now give 17 supply, but cost 100 more. My suggestion is: 17 supply nexus for 500m. 18 supply cc, but planetary + orbital cost 100m more, rax can be placed prior to depot. Hatch gives 1 supply, zerg starts with 2x overlords, they are slightly slower. 5% increased mining gather speed, this means 3rd probe on patch is much stronger, almost similar to 3rd probe in gas. Increase mineral counts to 1k/2k. These changes combined would make the decision to plot down a new expo a much stronger one. Map makers can decrease number of expos and ease of getting them, since 3 probes pr. Patch is now more viable. This would slow down the game immensely adding more micro to the game, and at the same time late game feels real, with more money to spend, instead of this lame posing back and forth trying to kill a single brood lord. terrible dmg needs to be big late game as well, so that players think it a gamble to get there and try and end the game sooner for safety, though this would require unit changes. | ||
|
Kreuger
Sweden1002 Posts
| ||
|
Kreuger
Sweden1002 Posts
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/article/24309308/starcraft-ii-5-0-17-patch-notes | ||
|
brenbren
1 Post
On October 02 2026 19:49 ProTech wrote: As the longest standing streamer with the highest amount of games played ( yes this includes pro players ) hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha User was banned for this post. | ||
| ||