• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:02
CEST 07:02
KST 14:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6063 users

This is Jimmy. - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
[angst]chraej
Profile Joined January 2006
1445 Posts
August 06 2007 06:19 GMT
#21
gotta be a placeholder, how stupid would blizzard be to center the game around Raynor if they didnt have the real Jim Raynor voice?
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded
DTDominion
Profile Joined November 2005
United States2148 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-08-06 06:48:35
August 06 2007 06:46 GMT
#22
It would be a huge slap in the face to their fans if Blizzard didn't bring Clotworthy back, being that the dude is willing to do it.

On August 06 2007 13:51 Axsynthe wrote:
@ DTDominion: that got me loling. HAHA!!


Axsynthe
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States161 Posts
August 06 2007 07:38 GMT
#23
I'm not getting how some of you are getting info that Talken is coming back while Clodworthy isn't.
Source?
Axsynthe
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States161 Posts
August 06 2007 07:45 GMT
#24

I understood it as you didn't know the vanilla SC you weren't the main character?
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
August 06 2007 11:43 GMT
#25
On August 06 2007 12:12 DTDominion wrote:
I read somewhere that Talken is coming back.

Huge blow if Clotworthy doesn't come back though. Even though he was only the featured character in the first Terran campaign, IMO StarCraft is about him. And you can't really deny that he's probably going to feature heavily in SC2.


The last thing I read was an interview with clotworthy where he said blizzard hadnt approached him.
This was about 3 weeks ago I think
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
Axsynthe
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States161 Posts
August 06 2007 11:47 GMT
#26
Well I must say, I'm really surprised at how hardcore TL is, especially since heroes don't even apear in multiplayer.

YAY FOR TL!!
sc2rocks
Profile Joined August 2007
Singapore79 Posts
August 06 2007 11:57 GMT
#27
Bring back old Jim Raynor!
Emiins
Profile Joined June 2007
Argentina35 Posts
August 06 2007 12:57 GMT
#28
I really miss the original voices and quotes.

For example I have download BWsoundUtility and exctract all the sounds from the game. And I realized that most of the quotes are in protoss native language, and now it looks like the protoss had learned a perfect english
I dont like the new quotes as much as the originals... and the sounds... add more eco effects please.
IzzyCraft
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4487 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-08-06 13:58:19
August 06 2007 13:20 GMT
#29
Give me something close enough to the orignal and I'll be content.
I have ass for brains so,
even when I shit I'm droping knowledge.
Servolisk
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
United States5241 Posts
August 06 2007 13:52 GMT
#30
It wouldn't be the same with a different voice ;(
wtf was that signature
Servolisk
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
United States5241 Posts
August 06 2007 13:54 GMT
#31
On August 06 2007 20:47 Axsynthe wrote:
Well I must say, I'm really surprised at how hardcore TL is, especially since heroes don't even apear in multiplayer.

YAY FOR TL!!


I loooved the single player. It is permanently embedded in how I view the races whenever I do multiplayer.
wtf was that signature
mahnini
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States6862 Posts
August 06 2007 13:55 GMT
#32
On August 06 2007 16:45 Axsynthe wrote:
Show nested quote +

I understood it as you didn't know the vanilla SC you weren't the main character?

You were always the main character. You were the Terran Magistrate, Protoss Executor, and Zerg Cerebrate.
the world's a playground. you know that when you're a kid, but somewhere along the way everyone forgets it.
LordofAscension
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States589 Posts
August 06 2007 13:55 GMT
#33
On August 06 2007 13:51 Axsynthe wrote:

@ LordofAscension: I'll be waiting for your article. How do you know what you know?


I was at the RTS Summit, was at the panels, and talked to Metzen and Dustin Bowder personally.

The lore thing is kind of my thing

~LoA
~WelCoMe tO My rEaLm SC:L - sclegacy.com
Tracil
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Australia505 Posts
August 06 2007 14:56 GMT
#34
The new Raynor reminded me of whatsisname from Firefly. I actually thought it sounded kind of cool, but I'd still prefer original Raynor. I liked his laid-back feel.
Shooting
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
August 06 2007 15:03 GMT
#35
This is Jimmy!
Unimaginable with new voice.

For example you cannot let a girl scream: "This is Spartaaaaaaa" Would not fit.
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
Luddite
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States2315 Posts
August 06 2007 19:24 GMT
#36
On August 06 2007 12:43 FreeSoul wrote:
You know, one of the traits of the original SC campaign I really enjoyed was the fact that you were assumed to be a seperate character in your own right. Unlike War3 or some other game, where you for example take the role of Prince Arthas (later Deathknight) as the leader of your armies, you were some sort of general-equivalent in each campaign in SC. This allowed for some interesting story events and also involved you with the storyline. For example, in the vanilla SC Protoss campaign, we all remember that point in which the Executor player character chooses to follow Tassadar and aid the Dark Templar instead of carrying out the will of the Conclave. In the Terran campaign, the Commander similarly went along with Jim Raynor instead of the Confederacy.


I agree completely with this. I only wish that they would take it one step further and actually give you, the player, a name and backstory.

I don't know how many of you played the original command and conquer, but there was one really cool moment in the NOD campaign like this. There were basically 3 characters: the leader, the second-in-command, and you. At one point the second-in-command starts plotting a coup with you, but your character alerts the leader, and the leader comes in during the mission briefing, shoots the second-in-command, and says "congratulations on your promotion".
Can't believe I'm still here playing this same game
Maenander
Profile Joined November 2002
Germany4927 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-08-06 19:56:08
August 06 2007 19:55 GMT
#37
On August 06 2007 22:55 mahnini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2007 16:45 Axsynthe wrote:

I understood it as you didn't know the vanilla SC you weren't the main character?

You were always the main character. You were the Terran Magistrate, Protoss Executor, and Zerg Cerebrate.

I especially liked being a cerebrate. Suddenly life had a purpose, given to me by the Overmind .
b_unnies
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
3579 Posts
August 06 2007 20:10 GMT
#38
hmm.. i dont know wut to choose actually

i want both new cast and original cast

im content with either choices as long as their voice fits perfectly for their specific characters. in sc1 all their voices fit perfectly with their specific characters, but who knows 10 years is a long time, might be possible that someone might fit a specific character even better than in sc1
pyrogenetix
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
China5098 Posts
August 06 2007 20:17 GMT
#39
a blend of old and new shit should be good
Yea that looks just like Kang Min... amazing game sense... and uses mind games well, but has the micro of a washed up progamer.
pyogenes
Profile Joined May 2003
Brazil1401 Posts
August 06 2007 20:21 GMT
#40
Oh you pig.
What, I havent even said anything.
Yea but you were thinking it.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft401
RuFF_SC2 194
Nina 89
-ZergGirl 69
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2067
sorry 39
Bale 26
910 17
yabsab 13
ZergMaN 8
Icarus 7
NotJumperer 6
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 659
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1122
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox784
Other Games
summit1g7971
WinterStarcraft353
C9.Mang0262
Livibee161
Sick129
Maynarde127
ViBE81
ArmadaUGS42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick683
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream171
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2242
League of Legends
• Stunt405
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 58m
Stellar Fest
7h 58m
The PondCast
1d 4h
OSC
1d 7h
Stellar Fest
1d 7h
OSC
1d 18h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.