• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:05
CEST 13:05
KST 20:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9601 users

Reflections: 10 Years of Team Liquid StarCraft 2 - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
47 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Alejandrisha
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6566 Posts
July 31 2020 07:07 GMT
#21
hotbid vs scarlett great matchup
get rich or die mining
TL+ Member
nathangonmad
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom317 Posts
July 31 2020 07:51 GMT
#22
great content
Keep trying Leenock
SF-Fork
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Russian Federation1401 Posts
July 31 2020 09:45 GMT
#23
Brrr, I've been on teamliquid since 2002 I think... We're getting old!
Edpayasugo
Profile Joined April 2013
United Kingdom2223 Posts
July 31 2020 10:16 GMT
#24
Amazing times, amazing memories - Thank you Team Liquid!
FlaSh MMA INnoVation FanTaSy MKP TY Ryung | soO Dark Rogue | HuK PartinG Stork State
Avaroth
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Finland44 Posts
July 31 2020 10:42 GMT
#25
Awesome! Ages ago I stumbled upon TSL3 somehow, and got hooked onto SC2 from there. Thank you to TL & the whole community for everything, and here's hoping we'll go on for at least another 10 years!
My garden is well. How is yours?
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27459 Posts
July 31 2020 11:03 GMT
#26
Being there for my first (and only thus far) offline event at that Dreamhack Winter where HerO, my favourite player ever took his maiden trophy. Doesn’t get much better than that!
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Brained
Profile Joined December 2012
Germany58 Posts
July 31 2020 11:39 GMT
#27
thank you starcraft and thank you team liquid
Hell, it´s about time
Lexender
Profile Joined September 2013
Mexico2665 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-07-31 13:22:53
July 31 2020 13:22 GMT
#28
Something that was rather funny about the whole Elephant in the room debacle was that altough Kespa players did end up dominating the scene when they switched it was done by players that weren't really that good during their BW careers, meanwhile all the top players (that people tought would dominate the scene after the switch) ended up having rather poor careers (Flash winning an IEM and JD going to a Blizzcon finals being the only noteworthy results).
stilt
Profile Joined October 2012
France2755 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-07-31 13:50:54
July 31 2020 13:50 GMT
#29
When I feel a bit nostalgic, I watch old zvp and suddently I don't miss the old times anymore !
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24803 Posts
July 31 2020 16:26 GMT
#30
My favorite SC2 memory is nothing remarkable but I'll never forget it. When SC2 Beta opened I started laddering and got placed int a platinum division (then that was the highest since diamond wasn't a thing yet). After playing a few more games I looked to see who was one rung above me and it was Tasteless. As I learned the game better and improved I slowly moved up, and Tasteless was always 1-2 rungs ahead of me. I never caught up to him before Beta ended.

Another memory appealing more to dark humor... Shortly after the full release of SC2 I sometimes played 4s with other people I knew from TL. All four of us would set our icon/avatar to the black bridge officer from the single-player story, and like 95% of the time after the loading screen (which showed the icon of all eight players) we would get bombarded with text chat comments related to our choice of icon. It may have been 100%.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
RPR_Tempest
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia7799 Posts
July 31 2020 16:40 GMT
#31
The vast, vast majority of my posts are in 2011-2012 live report threads. I watched GSL every night without fail and was so into it. I dunno if I've ever been more into anything in my life. Thanks TL for giving me a place to chat about something I love and keep up with the action.
Soundwave, Zerg player from Canberra, Australia. @SoundwaveSC
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
July 31 2020 16:48 GMT
#32
<3
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
Psyonic_Reaver
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4343 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-07-31 16:55:33
July 31 2020 16:55 GMT
#33
For me the best memories will always be the timeframe sc2gg was a thing and I used to enjoy StarCraft. The show match between the two sites was peak comedy.
So wait? I'm bad? =(
Kinky
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States4126 Posts
July 31 2020 16:55 GMT
#34
This is a great compilation of memories. Really hit all the nostalgia feels for me.

Happy 10th anniversary to SC2! Here's to another decade
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27459 Posts
July 31 2020 19:55 GMT
#35
On August 01 2020 01:26 micronesia wrote:
My favorite SC2 memory is nothing remarkable but I'll never forget it. When SC2 Beta opened I started laddering and got placed int a platinum division (then that was the highest since diamond wasn't a thing yet). After playing a few more games I looked to see who was one rung above me and it was Tasteless. As I learned the game better and improved I slowly moved up, and Tasteless was always 1-2 rungs ahead of me. I never caught up to him before Beta ended.

Another memory appealing more to dark humor... Shortly after the full release of SC2 I sometimes played 4s with other people I knew from TL. All four of us would set our icon/avatar to the black bridge officer from the single-player story, and like 95% of the time after the loading screen (which showed the icon of all eight players) we would get bombarded with text chat comments related to our choice of icon. It may have been 100%.

Good to know it wasn’t just me and my boys who went full Cade squad. Can confirm similar levels of commentary over our fantastic choice of avatars.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
naughtDE
Profile Blog Joined May 2019
158 Posts
July 31 2020 20:05 GMT
#36
I don't want to derail the thread, but I have a question since I did not follow sc2 during Hots.
For me, the goat of WoL was Mvp and Lotv kinda belongs to Serral for now. Was there one person who dominated Hots?
"I'll take [LET IT SNOW] for 800" - Sean Connery (Darrell Hammond)
Bijan
Profile Joined October 2010
United States286 Posts
August 01 2020 20:09 GMT
#37
That early TL lineup felt like a family and rooting for them felt like being a part of that family. Thanks for this wonderful post!
PartyBiscuit
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada4525 Posts
August 02 2020 01:23 GMT
#38
Great write up, lovely memories
the farm ends here
RBreaker
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden94 Posts
August 02 2020 12:53 GMT
#39
I never really write posts or replies on forums but all these years has been wonderful, both as a viewer, player and tournament admin!

The Hot_bid interview with HayprO is one of few videos I keep returning to: Liquid`HayprO MLG Columbus Day 3 Interview
jca2 *
Profile Joined March 2006
France52 Posts
August 03 2020 10:38 GMT
#40
Congrats TL! My Starcraft homepage since 2003
APM? Never heard of it...
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 261
WardiTV124
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 9980
StarCastTV_EN278
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 12259
Bisu 4278
FanTaSy 3369
Jaedong 1299
BeSt 855
actioN 703
Horang2 528
EffOrt 521
Leta 274
Larva 263
[ Show more ]
Zeus 220
Shuttle 155
Barracks 139
Dewaltoss 122
Mind 100
JYJ 80
Mong 74
scan(afreeca) 73
Sexy 65
sorry 63
ToSsGirL 59
Shinee 44
Killer 43
Aegong 42
Free 39
sSak 35
soO 30
Bale 28
HiyA 16
Sacsri 12
yabsab 10
Dota 2
XaKoH 272
Counter-Strike
byalli926
x6flipin170
Other Games
singsing2320
olofmeister1534
Lowko294
crisheroes285
B2W.Neo196
Pyrionflax189
KnowMe141
dupreeh109
Livibee83
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick654
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 157
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1234
Other Games
• WagamamaTV177
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 55m
Replay Cast
11h 55m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 55m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
23h 55m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC S3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.