• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:40
CEST 13:40
KST 20:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8537 users

GSL vs. The World 2019: Preview - Page last

Forum Index > SC2 General
95 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 All last
lepricon1992
Profile Joined July 2019
105 Posts
August 15 2019 09:01 GMT
#77
lol ez win for TIME
Syn Harvest
Profile Joined July 2012
United States191 Posts
August 15 2019 09:03 GMT
#78
On August 15 2019 17:33 Alejandrisha wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2019 17:29 RaiKageRyu wrote:
Well, Elazer just ruined everyone's predicted timelines.

seriously. what a crazy upset. anything can happen at this point and i would not be surprised.


I don't really see it as an upset. I think the EU Zergs are better at ZvZ than KR Zergs
Open your heart and embrace the darkness
paddyz
Profile Joined May 2011
Ireland628 Posts
August 15 2019 09:55 GMT
#79
Things are looking good for Protoss with soO slumping and sent instead of Rogue/Solar, Fantasy sent instead of Innovation/Cure/Gumiho. Meanwhile Korea sends 3 of their top Protoss.

Then the 2 good Terrans at the event are drawn vs their hardest opponants (dark would have been hard for them too).
Dark is given ZvZ vs EU zerg
Classic & Trap get easy match-ups
The 2 ~weaker protosses are drawn vs each other guaranteeing one goes through.

It reminds me a bit of Asus ROG where Protoss sent their more of their best and less of their worst and got to sucseed through that.
Now the draw helps them.

I hope it doesn't lead to balance complaining since balance is pretty good and Protoss had been winning less before ROG.
machinus
Profile Joined January 2010
United States292 Posts
August 15 2019 10:22 GMT
#80
All brackets destroyed in one match!
ChinClassic
Profile Joined January 2019
19 Posts
August 15 2019 10:24 GMT
#81
KR Zergs are really bad at ZvZ. Elazer alone destroyed all these efforts LMAO.
quis custodiet ipsos custodes
dbRic1203
Profile Joined July 2019
Germany2655 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-08-15 11:48:21
August 15 2019 11:47 GMT
#82
So Top4 EU Zerg > No1 KR Zerg in ZvZ?
Lambo has been right al along
MaxPax
bulya2561
Profile Joined July 2019
1 Post
August 15 2019 12:13 GMT
#83
5 predictions in the preview, and only 1 got 2 out of 4 correct winners.
The others got only a single correct winner.

Even coin flips do better then that.
TheOneAboveU
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Germany3367 Posts
August 15 2019 12:30 GMT
#84
On August 15 2019 21:13 bulya2561 wrote:
5 predictions in the preview, and only 1 got 2 out of 4 correct winners.
The others got only a single correct winner.

Even coin flips do better then that.

You made an account to post that? Really? But okay, I'll bite.
I don't think a majority of people expected Elazer winning vs. Dark, and Neeb vs. ShoWTimE was as close as possible (and both are a very reasonable pick to win here in my opinion). So yeah, not sure what you're getting at here.
If you're so much better than us at predictions, come and share yours beforehand next time.
Moderatoralias TripleM | @TL_TripleM | Big Dark Energy!
tskarzyn
Profile Joined July 2010
United States516 Posts
August 15 2019 12:41 GMT
#85
wtf soO Maru
Miralem Ibrahim
Profile Joined April 2019
40 Posts
August 15 2019 12:50 GMT
#86
On August 15 2019 21:30 TheOneAboveU wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2019 21:13 bulya2561 wrote:
5 predictions in the preview, and only 1 got 2 out of 4 correct winners.
The others got only a single correct winner.

Even coin flips do better then that.

You made an account to post that? Really? But okay, I'll bite.
I don't think a majority of people expected Elazer winning vs. Dark, and Neeb vs. ShoWTimE was as close as possible (and both are a very reasonable pick to win here in my opinion). So yeah, not sure what you're getting at here.
If you're so much better than us at predictions, come and share yours beforehand next time.



Foreigner ZvZ > Korean ZvZ. From almost 2 year now. And PvP is a very unpredictable match up so I think that was very hard to predict the result of those match up.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-08-15 13:14:21
August 15 2019 13:13 GMT
#87
On August 15 2019 21:50 Miralem Ibrahim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2019 21:30 TheOneAboveU wrote:
On August 15 2019 21:13 bulya2561 wrote:
5 predictions in the preview, and only 1 got 2 out of 4 correct winners.
The others got only a single correct winner.

Even coin flips do better then that.

You made an account to post that? Really? But okay, I'll bite.
I don't think a majority of people expected Elazer winning vs. Dark, and Neeb vs. ShoWTimE was as close as possible (and both are a very reasonable pick to win here in my opinion). So yeah, not sure what you're getting at here.
If you're so much better than us at predictions, come and share yours beforehand next time.



Foreigner ZvZ > Korean ZvZ. From almost 2 year now. And PvP is a very unpredictable match up so I think that was very hard to predict the result of those match up.

Idk if it has been 2 years, and even though I agree that at least the European top ZvZ players are stronger than the korean ones are, Dark losing to Elazer was not easy to predict. Elazer while good, is not on the level of Serral or Reynor in ZvZ.
Miralem Ibrahim
Profile Joined April 2019
40 Posts
August 15 2019 13:56 GMT
#88
On August 15 2019 22:13 HolydaKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2019 21:50 Miralem Ibrahim wrote:
On August 15 2019 21:30 TheOneAboveU wrote:
On August 15 2019 21:13 bulya2561 wrote:
5 predictions in the preview, and only 1 got 2 out of 4 correct winners.
The others got only a single correct winner.

Even coin flips do better then that.

You made an account to post that? Really? But okay, I'll bite.
I don't think a majority of people expected Elazer winning vs. Dark, and Neeb vs. ShoWTimE was as close as possible (and both are a very reasonable pick to win here in my opinion). So yeah, not sure what you're getting at here.
If you're so much better than us at predictions, come and share yours beforehand next time.



Foreigner ZvZ > Korean ZvZ. From almost 2 year now. And PvP is a very unpredictable match up so I think that was very hard to predict the result of those match up.

Idk if it has been 2 years, and even though I agree that at least the European top ZvZ players are stronger than the korean ones are, Dark losing to Elazer was not easy to predict. Elazer while good, is not on the level of Serral or Reynor in ZvZ.


I always sayed Elazer had his chance against Dark this the best match he can have in this tournament I think. He has alway been very good in ZvZ and he defaited Solar in HSC. I don't thought he had any chance in a best of 5 against someone like Stats or TY for exemple but in ZvZ against a Korean zerg imo he had a chance.

XiZeL
Profile Joined July 2014
Switzerland92 Posts
August 15 2019 14:22 GMT
#89
loved the write up from @TheOneAboveU

thank you
I watch more starcraft than i play it
Doink
Profile Joined April 2017
75 Posts
August 15 2019 16:57 GMT
#90
Maru disappointing like always. He'll keep dodging Serral forever.
bulya
Profile Joined February 2016
Israel386 Posts
August 16 2019 06:02 GMT
#91
On August 15 2019 21:30 TheOneAboveU wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2019 21:13 bulya2561 wrote:
5 predictions in the preview, and only 1 got 2 out of 4 correct winners.
The others got only a single correct winner.

Even coin flips do better then that.

You made an account to post that? Really? But okay, I'll bite.
I don't think a majority of people expected Elazer winning vs. Dark, and Neeb vs. ShoWTimE was as close as possible (and both are a very reasonable pick to win here in my opinion). So yeah, not sure what you're getting at here.
If you're so much better than us at predictions, come and share yours beforehand next time.


I didn't made an account to post it. I posted it from work so I was probably logged in with my Reddit account rather then my main account on TL.

I wrote that because when I read it on Wednesday I was very surprised that nobody treated the Dark vs Elazer match as one that Elazer can win. Considering all the previous times Dark was knocked out of such an event (Blizzcon or GSL vs The World) was by a zerg player, and many times a foreign Zerg. Yes, that foreign Zerg was usually Serral, but Elazer did it as well in 2017.

On top of that most of the writers were quite certain that Stats doesn't have a chance vs Maru, or at least bet against Stats, even though Maru didn't really show anything good in recent times while Stats won the tournament in Finland just recently, and on top of that last year was the one who knocked Maru out of GSL vs The World. Another factor in favor of Stats was that he is in Maru's group in GSL, and I think in a TvP the Terran player has more to hide regarding his preparations, so not the best Maru would have showed up no matter what. All these arguments in total made me think from the get go that Stats is the favorite in that match.

With the other 2 the bets of the writers were going both ways and most of the betters got a single correct prediction by predicting correctly one of them. I was favoring Showtime in the PvP, but I didn't count out Neeb, so I'm not surprised I wasn't correct on this one.

With Time vs soO I didn't even have a prediction simply because I don't know Time's current form enough, all I knew was that its quite good based on his match vs Serral in Finland, while soO's form isn't great at all as he was knocked out of GSL season 3 in the RO32 and probably didn't take his preparations that seriously. Not having an idea of what form they are I could bet only based of my heart which said Time (I'm not a Time fan, but most times I'm in favor of the foreigner when it comes to KR vs foreigner, there are exceptions to it though), but I don't consider it as a correct bet as all I had is my heart there.

So its 2 correct bets out of 3 for me on Yesterday.

If you want some bets ahead of time, then I bet against all the Terrans today. I think I will be correct with at least 3 of these bets, but I agree that today's matches are easier to predict as Trap and Classic are very bold favorites, unlike yesterday's games where no match had such a clear favorite. There were favorites like Stats as I said, but not as clear as Trap and Classic today.
brickrd
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States4894 Posts
August 17 2019 02:42 GMT
#92
On August 16 2019 15:02 bulya wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2019 21:30 TheOneAboveU wrote:
On August 15 2019 21:13 bulya2561 wrote:
5 predictions in the preview, and only 1 got 2 out of 4 correct winners.
The others got only a single correct winner.

Even coin flips do better then that.

You made an account to post that? Really? But okay, I'll bite.
I don't think a majority of people expected Elazer winning vs. Dark, and Neeb vs. ShoWTimE was as close as possible (and both are a very reasonable pick to win here in my opinion). So yeah, not sure what you're getting at here.
If you're so much better than us at predictions, come and share yours beforehand next time.


I didn't made an account to post it. I posted it from work so I was probably logged in with my Reddit account rather then my main account on TL.

I wrote that because when I read it on Wednesday I was very surprised that nobody treated the Dark vs Elazer match as one that Elazer can win. Considering all the previous times Dark was knocked out of such an event (Blizzcon or GSL vs The World) was by a zerg player, and many times a foreign Zerg. Yes, that foreign Zerg was usually Serral, but Elazer did it as well in 2017.

On top of that most of the writers were quite certain that Stats doesn't have a chance vs Maru, or at least bet against Stats, even though Maru didn't really show anything good in recent times while Stats won the tournament in Finland just recently, and on top of that last year was the one who knocked Maru out of GSL vs The World. Another factor in favor of Stats was that he is in Maru's group in GSL, and I think in a TvP the Terran player has more to hide regarding his preparations, so not the best Maru would have showed up no matter what. All these arguments in total made me think from the get go that Stats is the favorite in that match.

With the other 2 the bets of the writers were going both ways and most of the betters got a single correct prediction by predicting correctly one of them. I was favoring Showtime in the PvP, but I didn't count out Neeb, so I'm not surprised I wasn't correct on this one.

With Time vs soO I didn't even have a prediction simply because I don't know Time's current form enough, all I knew was that its quite good based on his match vs Serral in Finland, while soO's form isn't great at all as he was knocked out of GSL season 3 in the RO32 and probably didn't take his preparations that seriously. Not having an idea of what form they are I could bet only based of my heart which said Time (I'm not a Time fan, but most times I'm in favor of the foreigner when it comes to KR vs foreigner, there are exceptions to it though), but I don't consider it as a correct bet as all I had is my heart there.

So its 2 correct bets out of 3 for me on Yesterday.

If you want some bets ahead of time, then I bet against all the Terrans today. I think I will be correct with at least 3 of these bets, but I agree that today's matches are easier to predict as Trap and Classic are very bold favorites, unlike yesterday's games where no match had such a clear favorite. There were favorites like Stats as I said, but not as clear as Trap and Classic today.

someone get this guy TL+. hell, fire all the TL staff and just use this guy. as he pointed out he's incredibly smart and good at predictions. while we're here do you have any lottery picks for me? i could use a big win
TL+ Member
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10397 Posts
August 17 2019 03:07 GMT
#93
On August 17 2019 11:42 brickrd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2019 15:02 bulya wrote:
On August 15 2019 21:30 TheOneAboveU wrote:
On August 15 2019 21:13 bulya2561 wrote:
5 predictions in the preview, and only 1 got 2 out of 4 correct winners.
The others got only a single correct winner.

Even coin flips do better then that.

You made an account to post that? Really? But okay, I'll bite.
I don't think a majority of people expected Elazer winning vs. Dark, and Neeb vs. ShoWTimE was as close as possible (and both are a very reasonable pick to win here in my opinion). So yeah, not sure what you're getting at here.
If you're so much better than us at predictions, come and share yours beforehand next time.


I didn't made an account to post it. I posted it from work so I was probably logged in with my Reddit account rather then my main account on TL.

I wrote that because when I read it on Wednesday I was very surprised that nobody treated the Dark vs Elazer match as one that Elazer can win. Considering all the previous times Dark was knocked out of such an event (Blizzcon or GSL vs The World) was by a zerg player, and many times a foreign Zerg. Yes, that foreign Zerg was usually Serral, but Elazer did it as well in 2017.

On top of that most of the writers were quite certain that Stats doesn't have a chance vs Maru, or at least bet against Stats, even though Maru didn't really show anything good in recent times while Stats won the tournament in Finland just recently, and on top of that last year was the one who knocked Maru out of GSL vs The World. Another factor in favor of Stats was that he is in Maru's group in GSL, and I think in a TvP the Terran player has more to hide regarding his preparations, so not the best Maru would have showed up no matter what. All these arguments in total made me think from the get go that Stats is the favorite in that match.

With the other 2 the bets of the writers were going both ways and most of the betters got a single correct prediction by predicting correctly one of them. I was favoring Showtime in the PvP, but I didn't count out Neeb, so I'm not surprised I wasn't correct on this one.

With Time vs soO I didn't even have a prediction simply because I don't know Time's current form enough, all I knew was that its quite good based on his match vs Serral in Finland, while soO's form isn't great at all as he was knocked out of GSL season 3 in the RO32 and probably didn't take his preparations that seriously. Not having an idea of what form they are I could bet only based of my heart which said Time (I'm not a Time fan, but most times I'm in favor of the foreigner when it comes to KR vs foreigner, there are exceptions to it though), but I don't consider it as a correct bet as all I had is my heart there.

So its 2 correct bets out of 3 for me on Yesterday.

If you want some bets ahead of time, then I bet against all the Terrans today. I think I will be correct with at least 3 of these bets, but I agree that today's matches are easier to predict as Trap and Classic are very bold favorites, unlike yesterday's games where no match had such a clear favorite. There were favorites like Stats as I said, but not as clear as Trap and Classic today.

someone get this guy TL+. hell, fire all the TL staff and just use this guy. as he pointed out he's incredibly smart and good at predictions. while we're here do you have any lottery picks for me? i could use a big win

Calm down fam LOL
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
hexhaven
Profile Joined July 2014
Finland965 Posts
August 17 2019 16:39 GMT
#94
RIP all them predictions. You tried your best.
WriterI shoot events. | http://www.jussi.co/esports
MockHamill
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden1798 Posts
August 17 2019 17:19 GMT
#95
On August 18 2019 01:39 hexhaven wrote:
RIP all them predictions. You tried your best.


Well to be fair the predictions were more reasonable than what actually happened.
SlammerIV
Profile Joined December 2013
United States526 Posts
August 20 2019 04:32 GMT
#96
Those Brackets did not age well
1 2 3 4 5 All last
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings163
SHIN 78
CranKy Ducklings SOOP47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 317
ByuN 306
OGKoka 279
SHIN 78
MindelVK 22
Railgan 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 69340
Calm 10875
Rain 2547
FanTaSy 1138
Bisu 1037
soO 742
Soulkey 569
Stork 414
Shuttle 372
Rush 268
[ Show more ]
Soma 224
firebathero 212
Light 165
Snow 154
Last 151
Mind 87
Pusan 69
ToSsGirL 59
Shinee 42
Bale 39
Sea.KH 37
Killer 33
Trap 33
Mong 28
Free 28
Sharp 28
Hm[arnc] 27
hero 25
Sexy 21
yabsab 19
zelot 18
Shine 16
sorry 15
HiyA 13
Aegong 12
Sacsri 11
IntoTheRainbow 10
scan(afreeca) 10
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc6708
Dendi78
League of Legends
Reynor94
Counter-Strike
x6flipin542
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King78
Other Games
gofns33988
singsing2198
byalli620
B2W.Neo296
Pyrionflax259
Chillindude12
ToD2
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV203
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 97
• Gemini_19 9
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV505
League of Legends
• Jankos3346
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 561
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 20m
OSC
11h 20m
Replay Cast
11h 20m
OSC
1d
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.