• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:46
CEST 05:46
KST 12:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7843 users

HSC XVIII: The Drunk Rank - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
78 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Invalid99
Profile Joined May 2018
Canada37 Posts
November 21 2018 19:54 GMT
#61
You realise Serral is a Finn right? How could he not be on this list?

Really fun read
"Last we checked alcohol had no effect on machines"
I'm unlikely to know what I'm talking about
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
November 21 2018 20:00 GMT
#62
--- Nuked ---
hiroshOne
Profile Joined October 2015
Poland425 Posts
November 21 2018 21:12 GMT
#63
Good luck competing in drinking alcohol with polish,russian,ukrainian people. In our encyclopedia there is sentence "deadly level of alcohol in blood is 3,6 promile, except poles and russians". This rank is bs :-)
Ultima Ratio Regum
Dave4
Profile Joined August 2018
494 Posts
November 21 2018 21:54 GMT
#64
On November 22 2018 01:34 Olli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2018 01:26 Tempest wrote:
On November 21 2018 17:24 Dave4 wrote:
On November 21 2018 06:34 Mizenhauer wrote:
On November 21 2018 05:57 Olli wrote:
On November 21 2018 05:51 Solar424 wrote:
Did you mean to put two #7's on this list?


Yes, the two got equal points in our ranking


Usually I just break the tie in whatever arbitrary manner ensures Trap gets ninth.

Disappointing to hear this approach confirmed.

Re this Power Rank all I can say is I know it is intended to be humorous but there are a lot of players taking the game seriously, and they deserve to be ranked propperly. Serral still can't get rank 1 even though he won BlizzCon. Kind of sad.


Im glad they they decided not to let you write for TL.


Never applied.

I had a specific objective in mind - to help with BlizzCon rankings - but it became clear that the red tape involved meant it would not be achievable in the timeframes unfortunately.

Further while I respect the writers team and consider them all some of my closest friends, I know that we have some differences in style and recognise that it could strain our relationship to work together as well.
StasisField
Profile Joined August 2013
United States1086 Posts
November 21 2018 22:03 GMT
#65
On November 22 2018 04:09 Olli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2018 03:48 Aiomon wrote:
This list is vaguely racist, but also pretty good. I got so pissed when I saw Stephano wasn't #1, then read the addendum, and now I fully endorse the move.


Not everything that plays with stereotypes is racist.


Thank you, I was gonna reply the same thing until I noticed your comment.

OT: the soO ranking is hilarious and so are the bits on Stephano and Taeja lol
What do you mean Immortals can't shoot up?
ne4aJIb
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Russian Federation3209 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-21 22:43:56
November 21 2018 22:42 GMT
#66
LOL, I remember Flash's interview, where he said, that nobody from the players could beat in him in soju drinking, that he could drink unlimited amounts of it.
Bisu,Best,Stork,Jangbi and Flash, Fantasy, Leta, Light and Jaedong, Hydra, Zero, Soulkey assemble in ACE now!
Nakajin
Profile Blog Joined September 2014
Canada8991 Posts
November 21 2018 22:55 GMT
#67
On November 22 2018 06:54 Dave4 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2018 01:34 Olli wrote:
On November 22 2018 01:26 Tempest wrote:
On November 21 2018 17:24 Dave4 wrote:
On November 21 2018 06:34 Mizenhauer wrote:
On November 21 2018 05:57 Olli wrote:
On November 21 2018 05:51 Solar424 wrote:
Did you mean to put two #7's on this list?


Yes, the two got equal points in our ranking


Usually I just break the tie in whatever arbitrary manner ensures Trap gets ninth.

Disappointing to hear this approach confirmed.

Re this Power Rank all I can say is I know it is intended to be humorous but there are a lot of players taking the game seriously, and they deserve to be ranked propperly. Serral still can't get rank 1 even though he won BlizzCon. Kind of sad.


Im glad they they decided not to let you write for TL.


Never applied.

I had a specific objective in mind - to help with BlizzCon rankings - but it became clear that the red tape involved meant it would not be achievable in the timeframes unfortunately.

Further while I respect the writers team and consider them all some of my closest friends, I know that we have some differences in style and recognise that it could strain our relationship to work together as well.


That damn Starcraft red tape.
TL isn't the solution to bad power rank, TL is the problem with bad power rank!
Writerhttp://i.imgur.com/9p6ufcB.jpg
Dave4
Profile Joined August 2018
494 Posts
November 22 2018 02:52 GMT
#68
On November 22 2018 07:55 Nakajin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2018 06:54 Dave4 wrote:
On November 22 2018 01:34 Olli wrote:
On November 22 2018 01:26 Tempest wrote:
On November 21 2018 17:24 Dave4 wrote:
On November 21 2018 06:34 Mizenhauer wrote:
On November 21 2018 05:57 Olli wrote:
On November 21 2018 05:51 Solar424 wrote:
Did you mean to put two #7's on this list?


Yes, the two got equal points in our ranking


Usually I just break the tie in whatever arbitrary manner ensures Trap gets ninth.

Disappointing to hear this approach confirmed.

Re this Power Rank all I can say is I know it is intended to be humorous but there are a lot of players taking the game seriously, and they deserve to be ranked propperly. Serral still can't get rank 1 even though he won BlizzCon. Kind of sad.


Im glad they they decided not to let you write for TL.


Never applied.

I had a specific objective in mind - to help with BlizzCon rankings - but it became clear that the red tape involved meant it would not be achievable in the timeframes unfortunately.

Further while I respect the writers team and consider them all some of my closest friends, I know that we have some differences in style and recognise that it could strain our relationship to work together as well.


That damn Starcraft red tape.
TL isn't the solution to bad power rank, TL is the problem with bad power rank!

TL has the right to manage and operate its Power Rank processes as it sees fit. My personal belief however is that in order to achieve legitimacy it needs to hold a certain level of rigor in its processes.

Currently the TL system is quite subjective, is frequently used for memeing, and does not have clear goal posts for how it is measured (seems one month it's based on recent results and the next it's based on past results, for instance).

Aligulac and Blizzard ladder use a much more objective measure but they effectively weight all matches equally, which can be a bad thing. I am the first to say that a GSL match should be weighted above a HomeStory or online match for instance.

Given the gaps in both of these it seems kind of sad for players who work tirelessly to build their reputation and practice daily to be the best, but we can't find an agreeable / accepted way to define what success looks like.

Anywho that's my 2 cents I still love y'all, hugs.
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
November 22 2018 18:14 GMT
#69
That exlains why Taeja was always first before. TL writers were always drunk.
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
Devitaliza
Profile Joined August 2015
Korea (South)12 Posts
November 23 2018 02:14 GMT
#70
On November 21 2018 05:07 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Being drunk is natural state for Finns.


Koreans drink the same amount as the Finns. If we look at it that way, Serral is only equal with every Korean player!
herO I Polt I Fantasy I Bomber I sOs I CJ Entus I JAGW I Petraeus
messioso
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark635 Posts
November 24 2018 10:41 GMT
#71
I feel like I can't tarnish the name much more than he already has himself.

But Life should be #1.

He won (Wiki)IEM Season IX - Taipei on the final day while being completely drunk. Crushes PartinG then goes and passes out in the pracc area, I wake him up and then he goes and 4-3's Maru in an epic series.

Never seen anything like it.
Former ESL League Operations. I ran IEM/WCS for like 3 years or something. I did map vetos on a tablet. That guy.
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
November 24 2018 11:04 GMT
#72
On November 24 2018 19:41 messioso wrote:
I feel like I can't tarnish the name much more than he already has himself.

But Life should be #1.

He won (Wiki)IEM Season IX - Taipei on the final day while being completely drunk. Crushes PartinG then goes and passes out in the pracc area, I wake him up and then he goes and 4-3's Maru in an epic series.

Never seen anything like it.

Which Zerg at HSC is actually Life in disguise, then?
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
November 24 2018 11:31 GMT
#73
On November 24 2018 20:04 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2018 19:41 messioso wrote:
I feel like I can't tarnish the name much more than he already has himself.

But Life should be #1.

He won (Wiki)IEM Season IX - Taipei on the final day while being completely drunk. Crushes PartinG then goes and passes out in the pracc area, I wake him up and then he goes and 4-3's Maru in an epic series.

Never seen anything like it.

Which Zerg at HSC is actually Life in disguise, then?


Serral obviously
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
sneakyfox
Profile Joined January 2017
8218 Posts
November 24 2018 12:57 GMT
#74
On November 24 2018 19:41 messioso wrote:
I feel like I can't tarnish the name much more than he already has himself.

But Life should be #1.

He won (Wiki)IEM Season IX - Taipei on the final day while being completely drunk. Crushes PartinG then goes and passes out in the pracc area, I wake him up and then he goes and 4-3's Maru in an epic series.

Never seen anything like it.


lmao best thing I've read all week
"I saw what sneakyfox wrote on TL.net and it made me furious" - PartinG
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16101 Posts
November 24 2018 13:49 GMT
#75
On November 24 2018 19:41 messioso wrote:
I feel like I can't tarnish the name much more than he already has himself.

But Life should be #1.

He won (Wiki)IEM Season IX - Taipei on the final day while being completely drunk. Crushes PartinG then goes and passes out in the pracc area, I wake him up and then he goes and 4-3's Maru in an epic series.

Never seen anything like it.

why have I never heard of this before?
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
messioso
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark635 Posts
November 24 2018 17:05 GMT
#76
On November 24 2018 22:49 Charoisaur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2018 19:41 messioso wrote:
I feel like I can't tarnish the name much more than he already has himself.

But Life should be #1.

He won (Wiki)IEM Season IX - Taipei on the final day while being completely drunk. Crushes PartinG then goes and passes out in the pracc area, I wake him up and then he goes and 4-3's Maru in an epic series.

Never seen anything like it.

why have I never heard of this before?


Maybe only 4-5 people at the time were aware within the ESL/commentator team. If you go back and watch Life during his post-match interview after the PartinG game it's pretty obvious.

Former ESL League Operations. I ran IEM/WCS for like 3 years or something. I did map vetos on a tablet. That guy.
xMito
Profile Joined October 2018
Poland1 Post
November 25 2018 23:31 GMT
#77
I love TaeJa and I'm really glad he is back!
Xain0n
Profile Joined November 2018
Italy3963 Posts
November 26 2018 03:07 GMT
#78
This was indeed a fun read but i'm looking forward to a proper December Power Ranking with Serral eventually officially crowned #1!
sneakyfox
Profile Joined January 2017
8218 Posts
November 26 2018 10:49 GMT
#79


Serral aspiring alcoholic confirmed

Next year will be TL Drunk Rank #1
"I saw what sneakyfox wrote on TL.net and it made me furious" - PartinG
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 271
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 4310
Dewaltoss 204
Bale 26
Terrorterran 13
Noble 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm260
League of Legends
JimRising 807
Counter-Strike
taco 353
Other Games
summit1g14014
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1324
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream48
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter148
• practicex 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo968
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 14m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
7h 14m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 14m
Replay Cast
19h 14m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 7h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.